Wait. Slow down.
等等 慢点说
So you can have time to come up with an excuse?
来让你有时间想借口吗
No, so I can understand what the hell you're talking about.
不 让我理解清楚你到底在说什么
Manny Langston.
Manny Langston
Thief, addict, all-around skel.
偷窃 毒瘾 五毒俱全
Got collared six months ago on drugs and a handgun.
6个月前因毒品和非法持枪被捕
And yet instead of doing any time,
而他却弄了个替换申请
he cops a diversion plea, wound up enrolled
最终只参加了一些愚蠢的社区型工作
in some dumb-ass community-based vocational crap.
而不是在监狱里服刑
Wow.
哇
Yeah, exactly. No, "Wow,"
真的 不 我 哇的是
like you usually support programs like that.
你以前好像很支持这些项目
For firsttime offenders. Look...
对初犯来讲是的 听着
I didn't make Manny's deal.
Manny的事不是我下的决议
Well, now I got a rookie who's so scared,
好吧 现在我面对着一个非常害怕
he's ready to tank a promising career.
以致于打算放弃一份有前途事业的新警♥察♥
So we make it right.
那我们就纠正它
How?
怎么纠正
I actually might know how to flush him out.
我可能知道怎么样把他引出来
You sure this is a good idea?
你确定这办法可行吗
No. But the Chens' address and phone number was useless,
不确定 但是Chen的地址和电♥话♥都是无效的
so what else are we gonna do?
除此之外我们还能怎么办
Officer Chen?
Chen警官吗
Jun Xi Chen? Detective Reagan.
Jun Xi Chen吗 我是雷根警探
My partner, Detective Baez, from the 5-4 squad.
这是我的搭档 贝兹警探 来自5-4分队
Hey. Uh, and actually, I go by Andy.
你好 实际上 我习惯被叫做Andy
My partner, Wendy Chu. Nice to meet you.
我搭档 Wendy Chu 你们好
Andy, we need your help.
Andy 我们需要你的帮助
We're trying to locate your parents.
我们正在尝试找到你的父母
What's wrong? Nothing.
出什么事了吗 没有
Just a few questions about their food truck.
只想问一点关于他们快餐车的事
Then you've got the wrong guy.
那你找错人了
They disowned me three years ago.
他们三年前跟我断绝了关系
Really?
是吗
Moment I got this shield.
就在我成为警♥察♥之后
There's a saying in China,
在中国有种很多来这里的
and a lot of parents brought it here with them.
父母很相信的说法
"No good son become a cop."
"没有一个孝子会去当警♥察♥"
My parents came in '85,
我父母在1985年迁来
and they love this country,
他们喜欢这个国家
but the old ways make them suspicious of authority.
但过去的一些东西让他们非常怀疑当局
I tried convincing them that police here are different,
我试图过告诉他们如今警♥察♥已经不再是那样了
but they just cut me off.
但他们仍然跟我断绝了关系
Made my sister stop talking to me, too.
甚至让我妹妹也不许跟我说话
You have a sister?
你有个妹妹
Jill. Used to be really close growing up
Jill 过去我俩一起长大
until they put a wedge between us.
直到他们禁止我们联♥系♥前一直很亲密
Hell, I wasn't even invited to Jill's wedding six months ago.
该死的 我甚至没有被邀请参加6个月前Jill的婚礼
I see.
好的
What? Did something happen to her?
怎么了 她出了什么事吗
No. Uh, actually,
没有 实际上
we really should talk to your parents first.
我们需要先跟你父母谈谈
Neither them or Jill take my calls anymore.
他们和Jill都再也没联♥系♥过我
Do you need me to sit in on this one?
需要我旁听吗
I would like you to, but don't.
我很希望你能在 但是免了
Not my sisters?
我妹妹们没来吗
Well, unless I misunderstood,
除非是我理解有误
you were trying to get a meeting with me,
你是想跟我面谈的
so here we are. Sit down.
所以我们开始吧 请坐
So, go.
说吧
It's not like I want to do this.
做这件事不是我的本意
Somebody holding a gun to your head?
有人用枪顶着你的头逼你吗
My conscience is.
我的良知在逼我
A fully funded charity
一个完善的长♥期♥向穷♥人♥
that gives good food and basics
流浪汉和老人提供食物与生活基础
to the poor, homeless and the elderly.
设施的慈善机构
That pains your conscience?
刺痛了你的良心吗
It does when it's also designed to rewrite a legacy
是的 当它被用来以一个完全错误的故事
with an utterly false narrative.
来更改遗嘱时
That being that your mother is anything
那个的故事就是
but a caring, nurturing person?
你的妈妈并不是一个好心的 有教养的人
Yes.
是的
The charity is 80% bankrolled by her.
这个慈善机构80%的资金来自她的捐赠
Her name is on it.
以她的名字命名
Do you think the people who benefit
你觉得那些受惠于她的人会在意
care that she was mean to her son?
她对她的儿子很刻薄吗
I don't know.
我不知道
I do. They don't.
我知道 他们不会
I thought this was a meeting, not a lecture.
我想这是一次面谈 而不是教育课
This is a meeting.
这是一次面谈
This is my half of the agenda.
这是我这部分的内容
And the bullet point is: get over yourself.
而要点是 你太自以为是了
Says yet another guy she had under her spell.
所以你又是一个被她所迷惑的人
No.
不
And I think you're smarter than that.
相反我认为你应该更聪明一点的
But prove me wrong.
但事实证明我错了
I'm a special-needs schoolteacher in the Bronx.
我是Bronx一所特殊学校的老师
A tiny fraction of her estate
她遗产的一小部分
would have made all the difference in my life.
就足以让我的生活产生翻天覆地的变化
Would have supported the good work I try to do
就能支持我去帮助那些真正
with kids who really need it.
需要帮助的孩子
Well, we did some homework.
事实上 我们进行了一点调查
Her will was unchanged from when your father wrote it.
自你父亲写下开始 她的遗嘱就没有改过
Except to fund her charity work
只是把捐赠给母校的钱
at the expense of his alma mater.
用于了慈善事业
What are you saying?
你什么意思
I'm saying she didn't cut you out of the will.
我是说 她并没有剥夺你的继承权
You were never in it
你从来就没有出现在遗嘱上
as per your father's wish.
按照你父亲的意愿
See, it turns out that, uh, he saw an ambition
事实上 他在你身上看见了你妹妹们所没有的
and a work ethic in you he didn't see in your sisters,
野心和工作热情
and he thought that a windfall might cripple that.
并认为一笔意外之财会摧毁它们
You were their firstborn, right?
你是他们的第一个孩子 对吗
Yes.
是的
Hmm. Me, too.
嗯 我也是
Which means we were early experiments for two people
也就意味着我们是父母的早期实验品
who couldn't possibly know what they were doing.
他们当时可能还不知如何为人父母
If your experiment fails,
如果你的实验失败了
you analyze your mistakes,
你会分♥析♥你错在了哪里
and you make corrections in your methods.
然后从方法上进行改进
She never did that once.
可她从来没有
Mm.
好吧
Tell me something.
来 告诉我
Did you love your mom?
你爱你的妈妈吗
Are you gonna tell me that's not a complicated question?
你接下来是要告诉我这不是个复杂的问题吗
No.
不
Yes and no.
我爱 也不爱
I'm not so sure about this, bro.
我还是不太确定 哥们儿
Me, neither.
我也是
But Erin says jump, I say how high.
但是艾琳说跳 我说多高
And how hard does the building shake when you do?
你照做时这栋楼得晃成什么样呢
Smart-ass.
机灵鬼
Leo, thank you for coming in.
Leo 谢谢你过来一趟
This is my brother Jamie and Officer Hurley.
这是我弟弟杰米以及Hrley警官
Leo. How's it going, guys?
Leo 感觉怎么样了 朋友
Better now.
好多了
Erin says you used to run with Freddy Fallaci's old gang,
艾琳说你曾经跟Freddy Fallaci的老黑帮一起干过
same as Manny Langston. Yeah.
就像Manny Langston的那样 对
Guy's a grade A wackaloon.
一个顶级疯子
Well, he tried to kill these two the other day.
好吧 他最近想要杀这两位
剧集 | 警察世家(2010) | 导航列表