What do you want to do?
你想怎么做呢
I do not mind being useful.
我不介意做个有用的人
But not just in service to someone else's ends.
但是不能仅仅是为了让别的人获利
Huh.
嗯
One more over here.
再来一杯
Thank you, Roxy.
谢谢 Roxy
And, uh, one more for my friend here.
给我这位朋友再来一杯
What are you drinking there, buddy?
你在喝什么 兄弟
Whiskey.
威士忌
You know, make mine a whiskey, too.
我也来一杯威士忌
Place is jumping as usual, huh?
这地方和往常一样热闹 对吧
As usual?
什么往常
Never seen you before.
以前从来没见过你
Come in all the time when I'm not in the can.
除了在厕所我一直在这里啊
Joe. Joe what?
Joe Joe什么呢
Joe None-Of-Your-Business.
Joe 少管闲事
Think your brother-in-law was in my unit--
我觉得你姐夫跟我是一个小队的
Larry Get-Outta-My-Face.
Larry 滚蛋
Unit, huh? Yup.
小队哈 是的
You military? Former Marine.
你是当兵的 前海军陆战队
Till the bastards threw me in the brig.
直到那些混♥蛋♥把我关进禁闭室
Some knucklehead forgot that he owed me a few bucks,
有些笨蛋忘了他们欠了我一些钱
so I bounced his head off a curb a few times.
我就把他的头在地上撞了几次
The world is full of double-crossers.
世上到处都有出♥卖♥♥♥自己的人啊
Yup.
确实
There's nothing like sweet payback.
没什么比报复更爽的事了
Thank you. Joe Kiernan.
谢谢 Joe Kiernan
You ever do time, Joe?
你坐过牢吗 Joe
I'm smarter than that.
我是个聪明人
Hmm. So you're saying I'm dumb?
那你是说我笨咯
I just mean,
我是说
when I got a score to settle, I farm it out.
我有账要算的时候 我会找别人帮我做
Well, when I have a score to settle, I handle it myself.
我有账要算的时候 我都是自己解决
How you doing on cash, Buddy?
你想要钱吗 兄弟
Oh, everybody needs cash.
每个人都需要钱
Well, maybe I got a job for you.
我可以给你找个工作
What's the job?
什么工作
A job.
就是一份工作
Oh. Someone crossed you?
哦 有人惹到你了吗
Like you don't even know.
是你想不到的程度
Here's your next play.
下一个就是你
Get off of her!
放开她
Oh, here we go.
这就来了
Look at that.
瞧瞧这个
Hey, where you going, Joe?
嘿 Joe 你去哪里
Maybe some other time.
下次再说吧
Thought you needed my help.
我以为你需要我的帮助
281 East Snyder in Flatbush.
弗拉特布♥什♥东施耐德街281号♥
Come by tomorrow, we'll talk.
明天见面谈
Break it up! Break it up!
分开 分开
Did he tell you?
他和你说了吗
Not yet, but I got my hooks in him.
还没有 但是他上钩了
If you're going to be lurking in my office,
如果你要藏在我的办公室
the least you can do is let me know.
至少要让我知道
Saves me the trouble of looking all over the floor for you.
以免我翻遍整个楼层去找你
You know, I get it.
我理解
There's something calming about the view from here.
这里的景色让人平静
What are you calming yourself about?
你有什么要平静的
Change, I guess.
我想是 变化吧
Change is supposed to be constant.
没有一成不变的事情
But not around here.
但是这里一直没变
Until today?
直到今天吗
I have an offer that I don't think I can pass up.
我收到了一个让人无法拒绝的工作邀请
Oh.
哦
So this isn't a conversation?
所以这不是对话
It's news...
这是消息
that I wanted to share first with you.
我想最先和你说的消息
Must be a hell of an offer.
这一定是了不得的工作
Head of Institutional
领导杜克大学
Development for Duke University.
制度建设
Travel to Europe, Asia,
需要出差到欧洲 亚洲
preach the gospel
传播福音
that the athletics powerhouse is also an academic one.
擅长教育体育的学校也擅长教育文化
Wow.
哇
They've come at you before, no?
他们是不是之前也联♥系♥过你
Colleges have, but not Duke.
其他大学 但是不是杜克
And not like this.
也不像这次的机会
Well...
好吧
Congratulations.
恭喜
Thank you.
谢谢
Tell me something.
要问一下
Does the timing strike you as, oh...
这个时间点你有没有感觉什么不妥
anything?
任何形式上的
How so?
怎么说
Well, we got a new mayor coming in, résumés going out.
新上任的市长 新的机会
Let's be clear. This came to me. I wasn't looking.
先说清楚 机会敲门了 不是我去寻找的
Okay, okay. I'm just... thinking out loud.
好的 好的 我只是说出了我的想法
I don't think colleges track our City Hall transitions.
大学是不会盯着市政厅的政局变化的
The timing's just...
时间点就是这样
is what it is.
发生了
I will be very sorry to see you go.
你的离开会令我很伤心
That goes without saying.
显而易见的
But I appreciate you saying it.
但是还是谢谢你说了出来
And I'll help with my replacement, of course.
我当然也会帮助我的继任者
I'll need it.
我需要你的帮助
We can talk timelines... another time.
我们可以另找时间 再谈一下时间安排
So...
所以
on with our day?
继续过日子吗
Yes.
好的
Hey, Joe! You ready to rock and roll or what?
嘿 Joe 现在可以谈事情了吗
Whoa, whoa, whoa. Not here, not here.
喔 喔 喔 不要在这里 不要在这里
You know what I don't need from you?
你知道我不需要你做什么吗
Bunch of smart-ass comments.
自作聪明的举动
Hey, hey, relax.
嘿 嘿 放松
Well, the job-- who is it?
需要做掉的人是谁
At The Clasp?
Clasp酒吧的那个吗
Me and her used to be together. I noticed you didn't
我们以前在一起 我注意到你
say two words to her last night.
昨天晚上基本没和她说话
'Cause she broke up with me for no reason.
因为她突然就和我分手了
Now I got to watch her flirt
现在我要眼睁睁看着她
with every jerk who walks through the bar.
和每一个走进酒吧的人调情
How much?
多少钱
Ten large.
一万
I'll take half up front.
要先付我一半
That's doable.
这个可以
I got a guy in Jersey doing
我认识个在泽西城的人
a chemical cleanup on an EPA site.
环境保护局现场化学清洁专家
I'll bat her over the head, throw her in a vat.
给她头来一棒 把她丢进桶里
No.
不
You want the money, you do it my way.
你要钱 就要按照我的方式来
I got a piece of land
我有块地
in Washingtonville I'm gonna build a place on.
在华盛顿维尔 将来要建房♥子
Take her up there, put one between her eyes,
把她带到那里 在她双眼间来一枪
dig a grave and cover her up.
挖个坑 埋了她
You want me to dig a grave?
你让我挖个坑
Yeah. A deep one.
是的 深坑
Okay. I'll need a few days.
好吧 那我需要几天
Thought you said you came to rock and roll.
你不是说你随时都可以动手吗
You ever dig a grave?
你挖过坑吗
Well, hurry it up,
那就快点
剧集 | 警察世家(2010) | 导航列表