where in due course it would melt in the heat of the sun.
因为过段时间 蜡就会在太阳光下融化掉
One can never have enough sun, huh?
太阳永远都晒不够 哈?
What?
什么?
You could have killed her then,
你本来当时就能杀了她
but you wanted her to suffer for as long as possible.
但是你想让她多受些罪 越久越好
Speak up, dear.
大声点 亲爱的
I can't help you if you don't speak up.
你不大声说 我怎么救你
You used the ball of wax to confuse the time of death,
你用蜡丸来混淆死亡时间
and it was this wax that Poirot, he discovered on the dress of Lady Boynton,
我在博因顿夫人的衣服
and on the floorboards and the little piece of pottery beneath her chair.
还有地板上和她椅子下的瓷罐上发现了蜡
Wax which told to Poirot that there was an accomplice to the murder.
于是我知道这起谋杀案是有同谋的
Et puis, you waited patiently.
然后 你耐心地等着
The wax, it melted,
蜡 开始融化
the blood of the goat it began to flow,
羊血开始慢慢地流出来
suggesting to the naked eye that she had already been stabbed.
让人乍一看以为她是被捅死的
And at last the cry it went up to tell the world...
最后一声大喊告诉了所有人...
Help!
救命!
...that Lady Boynton was dead, but she was not dead.
...博因顿夫人死了 可其实她没死
Non, not yet.
不 是还没死
Are you the girl who's a doctor? Yes.
你就是那个当医生的女孩吗? 是的
Then you've met death. So have I. Come on.
那你可遇到死亡事件了 我也是 来吧
Only now... was Death to meet its victim.
直到那时...死神才遇到了它的牺牲品
And in the sight of everyone, in the sight of Hercule Poirot himself...
就在众目睽睽之下 在我的眼皮之下
you, Dame Celia,
你 西莉亚伯爵夫人
murdered Lady Boynton with your own hands,
您亲手杀死了博因顿夫人
as prescribed by Dr Gerard
释放了你的怒火
to quench your rage.
正如杰勒德医生精心设计的那样
It took but a few seconds.
整个行动只花了几秒钟
Even Dr King was deceived
甚至连金医生也被骗了
into believing that Lady Boynton had died earlier that day.
以为博因顿夫人是早些时候死的
If you please to empty the contents of your handbag.
请把你手袋里的东西全拿出来
Ha. Ah, oui.
哈 对了
And Dr Gerard, he encouraged Poirot to seek for the chisel.
杰勒德医生 他想怂恿我去找凿子
Chisel fits the bill.
应该是凿子
Whereas the murder weapon it was in your hand all of the day.
可真正的凶器一直在你手里
Goodness. We did go to considerable trouble.
老天 我们看来有麻烦了
One question
有个问题
what makes you think any of this has any basis whatsoever in the truth?
你凭什么说你说的这些就是真♥相♥?
Nanny Taylor.
泰勒保姆
Dear God! Did I kill her as well
我的上帝! 我是杀了她
or was she one of yours?
还是她跟你们是一伙儿的?
You disordered her mind with a solution of mescaline so strong
你给她服用的迷♥药♥让她神智不清 药效之强
that the very speck of it made the head of Poirot to spin.
甚至就那么一丁点都让我头晕目眩
You wanted to promote in her hallucinations to make her susceptible to suggestion.
你想让她产生幻觉 让她容易受到外界的影响
You burdened her mind with so much shame and guilt
然后你让她背负了极度的羞耻和内疚
that given the opportunity you knew that she would do harm to herself.
你知道总有一天她会伤害自己
You know you can't go on...
你知道自己不能再活下去了...
after everything that you did.
在你做过了那些事以后
Think what you helped her do to little Jinny.
想想你是怎么帮她整小吉尼的
What did Nanny Taylor say to you?
保姆泰勒对你说了什么?
Fa... Fa... Father!
父...父...父亲!
This was not the ravings of a nervous breakdown.
这并非神经错乱
For you yourself had told to her...
因为你亲口告诉她...
that you were the father of Mademoiselle Jinny.
你就是吉尼小姐的父亲
Portrait of Mum and Dad.
这就是为人父母的
You'll appreciate now why I declined your particular offer of affection.
现在你知道为什么我要谢绝你对我的好感了吧
Well, well. This is a pickle.
好吧 情况变得一团糟
We set out to save you and destroyed everything.
我们本想救你却搞砸了一切
Thank you, Theo.
谢谢你 西奥
It's all part of the service.
这只是我能为你做的一部分
No extra charge.
不用额外收费
I never stopped loving you, you know.
我一直非常爱你 你知道的
Be careful with this one, Poirot.
小心这个 波罗
Digitalis.
是洋地黄
The action, as you will appreciate, is irreversible.
你明白的 做过的事情无法重来
I'm so sorry.
我很抱歉
We hoped it wouldn't come to this.
我们也不想事情变成这样
There, there, there.
好了 好了 好了
There, there. There.
好了 好了 好了
No. Don't, Doctor.
不 别 医生
Look to the living.
留心活着的人
They pay their bills quicker
他们付账单更快
and they make better... conversation.
也更善于...交流
Monsieur. I've just been chatting to Lord Boynton.
先生 我刚和博因顿勋爵聊过了
He pronounces himself "cured of archaeology".
他说他已经"不再迷恋考古"了
"Chatting. " Oui.
是"聊天 " 对
Monsieur Raymond, in the matter of Pandora,
雷蒙德先生 潘多拉魔盒的问题
you will recall that after all the evils had escaped the box,
你会想起当世间万恶从盒子里逃走之后
there was one other creature very small, very frail,
还有一个渺小 脆弱的生灵
that followed them into the world.
跟随万恶来到这世界
Hope.
希望
Au revoir, la jeunesse.
再见了 年轻人
Monsieur Poirot. Mademoiselle.
波罗先生 小姐
Carol and I are going to Egypt, to see the Sphinx.
我和卡罗尔打算去埃及 去看狮身人面像
It's not much of an adventure, but we're doing it on our own.
也许算不上探险 不过我们准备自己去
It's a start. It was actually my idea.
这是个开端 这其实是我的主意
Lady Boynton would've said I was constitutionally too feeble,
博因顿夫人肯定会说我身子太虚弱
that my skin was too fair
皮肤太苍白
but I think it's probably time
可我想是时候对我这虚弱的皮囊
I showed my feeble skin who's boss.
展现谁才是主人了
C'est bien, mademoiselle.
说得对 小姐
Before he leaves, you will permit an old man to pontificate.
在离开之前 请允许我这个老头武断地说几句
Alors, mademoiselle, there is nothing in the world so damaged
小姐 世界上的任何事物无论损坏到什么程度
that it cannot be repaired by the hand of Almighty God.
伟大的上帝之手都能修复
I encourage you to know this
我希望你能知道这一点
because without this certainty,
因为如果没有这个信念
we should all of us... be mad.
我们所有人都会...发疯
Je vous salue, mademoiselle.
向您致敬 小姐
Au revoir.
再会
剧集 | 大侦探波洛(1989) | 导航列表