Sacrè... We are too late.
该死...我们太迟了
Monsieur Restarick, please, allow me to deal with this immediately.
雷斯塔里克先生 请先让我处理这件事
How could we not see this coming?
我们怎么会没预见到这种事?
I am so sorry for your loss, Sir Roderick.
请你节哀 罗德里克先生
This is indeed a tragedy most terrible.
这真是最大的悲剧
I still can't believe it.
我还是不敢相信
Except, of course, for one person.
当然 除了一个人
And I refer to the person who had hoped for
我说的是那个期盼
and encouraged this tragedy for a long time.
甚至是推动这次惨案发生的人
Who could possibly wish Norma dead?
是谁想诺尔玛死?
Ah. Who indeed, huh?
啊 是谁呢 嗯?
Perhaps you yourself, Lady Sonia.
也许就是你自己 索尼娅女士
In the terms of the legacy of her mother,
从她母亲的遗产方面来说
your new husband inherits half a portion of the fortune of Mademoiselle Norma.
你的新丈夫能继承诺尔玛小姐一半的财产
Or perhaps Mademoiselle Claudia,
也许是克劳迪娅小姐
who despised her in a manner that was so obvious,
你对她的蔑视相当明显
and who had the hope of marrying her father,
而且也可能和她的父亲结婚
who also inherits a half share of the fortune of his late wife.
他也能从他亡妻那里继承一半的财产
Or Mademoiselle Frances Cary?
或者是弗朗西丝·凯瑞小姐?
Who had become so infatuated with the young man
她疯狂的迷恋上了那个
who was so loved by Mademoiselle Norma Restarick,
深深爱着诺尔玛·雷斯塔里克小姐的帅哥
Monsieur David Baker...
大卫·贝克先生...
whose love for her seemed to increase the more he discovered how wealthy she was.
而他爱上她的原因好像是他发现她很有钱
But in order to answer this question,
为了能够找到这个问题的答案
it is necessary to ask another.
我们需要再问一个问题
So let us go back to the very beginning.
先让我们回到最开始
Who wished to kill Nanny Seagram?
谁希望施格兰姆保姆死?
Oh, please! This is not the time or place!
哦 求你了! 现在的时机和地点都不对!
Norma confessed to that.
诺尔玛已经认罪了
I think that's why she...
我想这就是她为什么...
And what is all this in aid of?
再说 这能有什么帮助呢?
Sir, I'd ask you to allow Monsieur Poirot to speak.
先生 我希望你能先让波罗先生说完
Merci, Inspector Nelson.
谢谢 纳尔森警长
When Mademoiselle Norma Restarick rendered to me the visit,
当诺尔玛·雷斯塔里克小姐来找我时
she said that she might have committed a murder, and asked me to... save her.
她说她好像杀了人 她求我...求我救她
I would suggest that those are the words not of a murderer
我觉得这不可能是杀人犯说的话
but of a victim.
而是受害者说的话
Was Nanny Seagram murdered?
施格兰姆保姆是被谋杀的?
Or was it, as the police seemed to assume, too easily...
还是像警♥察♥简单认为的那样...
...the suicide?
...是自杀?
I could not be sure of the answer.
我不确定
But an inscription on the back of a photograph...
但是在照片后面的字...
"Crosshedges, Long Basing, 1917.
"十字树篱庄园 长基 1917年
The last happy summer.
最后一个快乐的夏天
A J Battersby. "
A J 巴特斯比"
...caused me to suspect that the death
...这让我把这次的死亡
was somehow connected with some trauma
与诺尔玛·雷斯塔里克小姐和施格兰姆保姆
in the lives of Mademoiselle Norma Restarick and the Nanny Seagram.
身上的外伤联♥系♥在一起
So, I made a visit to Crosshedges.
所以 我去了一趟十字树篱庄园
And I learned there something crucial to my investigation.
此行为我的调查带来了重要的发现
I made the acquaintance there of Monsieur David Baker.
我在那里碰到了大卫·贝克先生
Why was he there?
为什么他在那?
Well, according to Sir Roderick, he wanted some photographs of the family
据罗德里克先生说 他是想要这家人的照片
because he was about to execute a portrait
因为他打算画一幅
of Monsieur Andrew Restarick
安德鲁·雷斯塔里克先生
as a young man. Oui?
年轻时候的画像 是吗?
A man of whom he spoke to me with great cynicism and said, most revealingly...
他很冷淡地对我说了句让我起疑的话
I've never met him.
我从没见过他
That's a thing most strange to say, n'est-ce pas, monsieur?
这话真奇怪啊 你说是吗 先生?
I digress. Let us return to Nanny Seagram,
我扯远了 让我们回到施格兰姆保姆
a woman who was old, who was vulnerable, who had a problem with drink,
一个上了年纪又有酒瘾的女人
which, according to the concierge,
据看门人说
increased since the arrival
自从安德鲁·雷斯塔里克先生从南非回来后
from South Africa of Monsieur Andrew Restarick.
酗酒就更严重了
I wondered why.
我想知道原因
She was dependent on the good will of the company Restarick for the roof over her head.
她依靠雷斯塔里克公♥司♥的资助来维持生计
But she had no need to worry.
但她没必要担心
For you had reason most sound to be grateful to her, had you not, monsieur?
你最有理由感谢她 对吗 先生?
For all her service to the family, yes.
为她给这个家服侍了这么久 对的
Oui. And also for helping you to impersonate a man who was dead.
是 也为了她帮你冒充一个已死的人
A man who was dead?
一个已死的人?
The inquiries of Inspector Nelson confirmed my suspicions yesterday.
纳尔森警长昨天查到的消息证实了我的怀疑
And today... I received a telegram from South Africa,
今天 我收到南非来的电报
confirming the death of Monsieur Andrew Restarick
证实了安德鲁·雷斯塔里克先生
it is now since one year.
一年前已经去世
So, monsieur, as Mademoiselle Norma Restarick demanded of you today,
先生 今天诺尔玛·雷斯塔里克小姐问你的
I, Hercule Poirot, also demand of you.
我 赫尔克里·波罗 也想问你
Who are you?
你是谁?
My name... is Robert Orwell.
我叫罗伯特·奥威尔
Andrew Restarick was my good friend.
安德鲁·雷斯塔里克生前是我的好友
None of this was ever meant to end in death.
死后亦是我的好友
You... You are an impostor?
你... 你是个骗子?
No, Roddy, no. Sit down.
不 罗迪 不 坐下
The real Andrew Restarick has not been seen
真正的安德鲁·雷斯塔里克
in England for 20 years.
20年来从未来过英国
His wife, whom he abandoned...
被他抛弃的妻子
...had destroyed every image of him she possessed,
毁掉了一切关于他相貌的物件
and was now dead by her own hand.
算是被她亲手杀死了
Sir Roderick, alas, had lost his sight,
罗德里克先生 啊 他失明了
and his daughter, Mademoiselle Norma,
而他的女儿诺尔玛
had not seen him since she was five years of age.
五岁以后再也没有见过他
There was now only one person who could give away the game.
只有一个人可以揭穿他的骗局
Nanny Seagram.
施格兰姆保姆
Threatened with eviction if she attempted to expose you,
你威胁她 如果她敢揭穿你 你就会赶她走
and bribed with a supply, seemingly without end, of gin,
而且还用无限♥量♥的杜松子酒来贿赂她
she had fallen in with your plans.
后来她同意了你的计划
Now you were free to take over the business.
现在你可以自♥由♥地接管公♥司♥
Now you would sell it to the highest bidder.
可以把它卖♥♥给最高出价人
You're wrong, Poirot. Hm?
你错了 波罗 恩?
The business was worthless.
这公♥司♥不值钱
But you could not have known this before you left South Africa.
但你离开南非之前并不知道
Why else would you come here?
还能有什么原因让你来这儿?
I never murdered anyone. But you had the motive.
我没有杀害任何人 但你有动机杀人
Fearing that Nanny Seagram was about to expose you,
你害怕施格兰姆保姆会去揭穿你
is was necessary perhaps to silence her.
所以有必要让她永远沉默
Ah, but when Mademoiselle Norma Restarick confessed to the murder,
但当诺尔玛·雷斯塔里克认罪时
you suddenly realised that,
你突然就意识到
ah, as Sir Andrew Restarick,
作为安德鲁·雷斯塔里克先生
you were next of kin.
你就是最近的血亲
You would now inherit half the legacy of her mother.
你可以继承她母亲一半的财产
So you stood by in silence and let her.
所以你袖手旁观没有阻止她
You were now within inches of becoming the millionaire.
现在你离大富豪只有一步之遥
One might even say the length of the rope of... the hangman.
甚至也可以说你是刽子手的刀
But now, this fortune will not go to you, monsieur,
但现在 这些财产不会属于你了 先生
an impostor who has been revealed,
不会属于一个被揭穿的骗子
but to Sir Roderick.
钱会给罗德里克先生
My husband doesn't care about that.
我的丈夫并不在乎那些
He just wants Norma back.
他只想诺尔玛能活过来
You monster! How can you do this?
你这禽兽! 你怎么下得了手?
One second, Inspector.
等一等 警长
There has recently come to my attention some information that is new.
最近有些新消息引起了我的注意
There is one other person here
在座还有另一个人
who has the claim to the fortune of Mademoiselle Norma Restarick.
有权继承诺尔玛小姐的财产
The photograph that I discovered in the apartment of Nanny Seagram
我在施格兰姆保姆的公♥寓♥发现的照片
was taken by the former tutor of Mademoiselle Norma Restarick -
被诺尔玛·雷斯塔里克小姐的前家庭教师
a Mademoiselle A J Battersby.
一位叫A J 巴特斯比的女士拿走了
I paid a visit to her school where she is now the principal.
我去拜访了现在由她担任校长的学校
And I found there a woman full of emotion about a child who had been abandoned,
我发现了有一位女士谈及被抛弃的孩子
and a man who had deserted them both.
和一位遗弃母女俩的父亲时很激动
She never gave up hope that he would return.
她一直坚信他会回来
剧集 | 大侦探波洛(1989) | 导航列表