They jump, don't they?
它们不是用跳的吗?
You have a visitor, sir. Ssh, George.
你有访客 先生 嘘 乔治
Sir Roderick Horsfield and his... secretary.
罗德里克·霍斯菲尔德和他的...秘书
Sir Roderick? Indeed, sir.
罗德里克先生? 是的 先生
Oh, thank you, dearest.
噢 谢谢你 亲爱的
A great pleasure to see you, Sir Roderick.
很高兴见到你 罗德里克先生
Mademoiselle. Monsieur Poirot. A delight to see you again.
女士 波罗先生 很高兴再见到你
Wonderful thing, a telephone.
真神奇 有个朋友给我打了电♥话♥
Rang a friend, top brass, Scotland Yard. He told me all about you.
伦敦警♥察♥厅的高♥官♥ 他告诉了我你的事
I am gratified that you even remembered my name.
很高兴你还记得我的名字
Please to sit.
请坐
Sonia remembered it. Little chap, big moustache.
是索尼娅记得 小个子 大胡子
Apparently, you're our number one sleuth.
很显然 你是我们的第一大侦探
I have not been entirely unsuccessful in my profession.
我在我的行业还不算失败
That's the ticket. Got a job for you.
就是这么回事 我有工作给你
But I regret that my time, it is fully occupied at the present.
但我恐怕 我现在的时间都占满了
Looking after Norma, aren't you?
照顾诺尔玛 是吗?
Ah, I do not remember saying that.
我可不记得我这么说过
You asked questions about her.
你问过和她有关的问题
You can't fool Sonia, you see.
看吧 你骗不了索尼娅
No, indeed.
是的
Anyway, don't think you can solve the Norma problem.
不管怎样 我认为你不能解决诺尔玛的问题
You can't. No-one can.
你不能 没人能
Poor girl's had a screw loose all her life.
可怜的孩子 一生的精神都不太正常
But Norma will be fine, as long as she can hold onto her money.
但是诺尔玛会没事的 只要她能守住她的钱
Why should she not hold onto it?
她为什么会守不住呢?
Because there's a nasty little blighter called David Baker.
因为有一个叫做大卫·贝克的小混♥蛋♥
Daubs canvases.
在帆布上做画
Sonia and I think he's after the money.
索尼娅和我觉得他就是冲着钱来的
I want you to find out as much as you can about him.
我希望你尽量多的帮我找出他的消息
I'll pay you handsomely. I will try.
我会付你一大笔钱 我愿意试试
And, in return, perhaps you might help me.
作为回报 也许你能帮我
What does it mean to you the name A J Battersby?
A J 巴特斯比这个名字有什么意思?
Why do you... ask about her?
你为什么...会问起她?
She is a woman, then?
她是女的 然后呢?
Oh, yes. Yes, she's a woman, all right.
啊 是的 她确实是个女人
She taught Norma privately for a few months, when she was a little girl.
诺尔玛还小时 请她当了几个月家庭教师
Ran her own school. After that,
她经营自己的学校 之后
we sent Norma there after her mother died.
诺尔玛母亲过世后 我们送她去那里了
She couldn't stay at Crosshedges, you see.
她不能待在十字树篱庄园了 你明白的
Ah, yes, I see. Merci.
啊 是的 我明白了 谢谢
Oh! Ha!
哦! 哈!
Yes, um... we're having a little house party this weekend.
对了 呃... 这周末我们有个小家庭派对
Perhaps you'd like to come. I would be most honoured.
也许你乐意来 我深感荣幸
Um... Do you have a woman in tow? Non.
呃...你有女伴吗? 没有
Well, bring her along anyway. Ah.
好吧 反正要带一个 啊
Can I rely on you, Purot?
我能相信你吧 波罗
Yes, of course, Sir Roderick.
是的 当然 罗德里克先生
Au revoir. Mademoiselle. Monsieur.
再会 小姐 先生
Goodbye, sir. Thank you.
拜拜 先生 谢谢你
What is your opinion of that young lady, George?
你对这位年轻小姐有什么看法 乔治?
Well, sir, if you'll allow me, I would reply that he'd got it badly.
呃 先生 如果让我说的话 我觉得他很爱她
Very badly, if I may say so, sir.
很爱她 如果可以这么说的话 先生
It's not unusual, of course, in gentlemen of that age.
当然 像他这个年纪的先生 这很常见
Yes, George, but what of the young lady?
是的 乔治 那这位年轻小姐呢?
Oh, well, sir, she's quite a definite type.
啊 好吧 先生 她很特别
There's never anything you could put your finger on,
我没法具体说出是什么
but... they know what they're doing, I'd say.
但...他们知道自己在干什么
Mm.
嗯
Ah. Bond Street. Right, sir.
啊 去邦德街 好的 先生
Well? What do you make of that?
呃? 对此你怎么看?
The little Frog's not nearly as brainy as he thinks!
这个法国佬没有他自己想象的那么聪明!
However, if he can help me
但是 只要他能帮我们
stop that er... canvas dauber in his tracks, all well and good.
阻止那个...画匠就行了
Who's my clever, clever man?
谁是我的小机灵 机灵鬼?
Now, shall we conclude the day's business?
现在 我们今天的任务结束了吧?
I spoke with your father recently.
我最近和你父亲谈过
You're working for him, is that... No, no.
你为他工作 这... 不 不
I wanted to meet him merely.
我只是想见见他而已
He told to me that
他告诉我说
he asked Mademoiselle Claudia Reece-Holland
是他请求克劳迪娅·瑞斯·霍兰德小姐
for you to be the third girl.
让你成为第三个租客的
He didn't have to ask. The company owns the apartment.
他不需要问 因为那套公♥寓♥是公♥司♥的
Ah.
啊
And Nanny's, of course.
保姆的公♥寓♥也是 当然
And you and Mademoiselle Reece-Holland have become friends?
你和瑞斯·霍兰德小姐是朋友吗?
I have no friends.
我没有朋友
I thought I had David.
我曾以为我有大卫
Monsieur Baker?
贝克先生?
You have fallen very much in love with him, no?
你很爱他 对吧?
I was just being silly.
我只是犯傻而已
It was naive of me to confide in him.
我真是太天真了 居然会相信他
You know, Norma, you really are a lovely girl.
诺尔玛 你确实是个很可爱的女孩
Especially when you smile.
特别是你笑的时候
Is my heart supposed to melt now?
我现在是不是该心怀感动?
He must have thought me an easy catch.
他一定认为我是个很容易得手的女孩
I only realised what a fool I'd been when I went to his studio.
当我去他的画室时 才意识到我有多么蠢
Norma! This isn't what you think.
诺尔玛! 不是你想的那样
Mademoiselle,
小姐
your father told to me about the day your mother died and... that she killed herself.
你父亲告诉我 你母亲是自杀的
And that the tragic nature of her death has marked you deeply.
她的死对你的影响很大
I beg of you, mademoiselle...
我想 女士...
...can you tell to me exactly
...你是否能确切的告诉我
what you remember about that day so terrible?
那天的事你还记得多少?
We're late already, Norma.
我们已经迟了 诺尔玛
She was so very insistent. Your mummy said, very strictly...
你妈说得很迫切 很严肃...
Please, please, please! Just one ice cream!
求你啦! 求求你啦! 只要一个冰激凌!
Mummy won't mind. It's my birthday.
妈妈不会介意的 今天是我生日
She wants us to return promptly to be ready for the party.
她让我们马上回去准备派对
Mummy! Mummy! Mummy!
妈妈! 妈妈! 妈妈!
Mummy! Look what I got you!
妈妈! 看我给你带什么了!
Can you save me?
你能救救我吗?
But I couldn't save her!
但我没能救她!
How are you today, mademoiselle? You have not eaten.
你今天怎么样 小姐? 你什么都没吃
You have been very hospitable, Monsieur Poirot, but I should leave.
你很热情 波罗先生 但我得离开了
But if you left now, where would you go?
但你现在离开 能去哪里呢?
To Crosshedges, perhaps?
去十字树篱庄园 也许?
Yes. All those happy memories.
是的 那里有我所有快乐的记忆
Surely there were some happy times?
当然有快乐的时光
Times when there was a smile on the face of that little girl?
小女孩脸上带着微笑的时光?
The little girl who killed her own mother.
杀害母亲的小女孩
Non, mademoiselle, your mother killed herself.
不 小姐 你母亲是自杀的
I could have saved her.
我本可以救她的
It was my fault for being late.
迟到是我的错
Nobody ever forgave me.
没人会原谅我
Is that what you wanted
这就是你想从施格兰姆保姆那里
from Nanny Seagram? Forgiveness?
得到的吗? 原谅?
When was the last time that you saw Nanny Seagram?
你上次见到施格兰姆保姆是什么时候?
On the night she died.
她死的那天晚上
Claudia said she left a message to go and see her.
克劳迪娅说她留了个口信给我 要我去找她
Oh, God, Norma,
啊 天呐 诺尔玛
I completely forgot. Miss Seagram.
我给全忘了 施格兰姆小姐
She popped up to see you this afternoon. She said she wanted to talk about your mother.
她下午来找你了 她说想和你谈谈你母亲的事
Talk about my mother?
我母亲?
And can you remember exactly what happened? Did she open to you the door?
你记得发生什么了吗? 她给你开门了吗?
I can't remember.
我记不得了
No, she didn't answer the bell, but the door was open.
不 她没有应门铃 但门是开着的
And what did you find?
你发现什么了?
I had a knife in my hand.
我手上有一把刀
Non.
不
剧集 | 大侦探波洛(1989) | 导航列表