Here and there, oui. From time to time.
时不时还见面 是的
Tell me, Sir Roderick,
告诉我 罗德里克先生
I could not help but notice in the hallway by the stairs,
我注意到门厅的楼梯上
a portrait so fine. Oh, yes, lots of those.
有一副精美的画像 噢 没错 很多
This was a portrait of a woman so beautiful.
有一副画像中的女子非常美丽
And it seemed to me that there must have been at one time a companion piece by its side.
我觉得这幅画像的旁边应该还有一副
Once upon a time. Not any more.
曾经是有的 但不会再有了
Mary couldn't stand the sight of it.
玛丽无法忍♥受看到它
Mary was my favourite niece.
玛丽是我最疼爱的侄女
Her husband Andrew... ran out on her.
她丈夫安德鲁...抛弃了她
It must be 20 years now.
已经二十年了
Mary... took it badly.
玛丽... 深受打击
Destroyed everything of hers that reminded her of him.
毁了所有能让她想起他的东西
Including that damn portrait.
包括那副该死的画像
He's back now and full of regrets.
如今他回来了 满心后悔
Hell is the truth learned too late.
得知真♥相♥的时候悔之已晚
But tell me, Sir Roderick,
请您告诉我 罗德里克先生
the husband, does he live here still?
她丈夫 他还住在这儿吗?
Andrew? No, no, he lives in London.
安德鲁? 不 没有 他住在伦敦
Although he came to see me a couple of nights ago. Stayed all evening.
不过几天前他来看过我 待了整晚
Keeping me company, he said, while my secretary was in London.
我秘书去了伦敦 他就来给我做伴
Couldn't get rid of the damn chap.
怎么都甩不掉这个该死的家伙
Did they have children? One.
他们有孩子吗? 有一个
Norma.
诺尔玛
And the mother?
母亲呢?
Mary Restarick has been dead for many years.
玛丽·雷斯塔里克已去世多年
Oh, Sonia!
噢 索尼娅!
This is my secretary, Sonia. My eyes.
这位是我的秘书 索尼娅 也是我的眼睛
And my companion.
还有伴侣
Enchantè, mademoiselle. Hercule Poirot.
久仰了 小姐 我是赫尔克里·波罗
Yes, I guessed as much. I read your letter. Ah.
是的 我猜到了 我读过您的信 啊
I'm afraid Sir Roderick tires easily.
罗德里克先生很容易疲倦
He doesn't normally see visitors.
他平时不接待客人
Je suis dèsolè.
抱歉
I will detain no longer of his time, huh?
那我就不耽误他的时间了
I'll show you out.
我送您出去
No, no, no, there is no need. I insist.
不 不必烦劳 我坚持
Madame Restarick was a woman most striking, no?
雷斯塔里克夫人是个大美人吧 不是吗?
Evidently.
有画为证
May I ask how did she die?
请问她是怎么死的?
I'm told she died... suddenly.
我听说她死得...很突然
How sad.
太悲惨了
But her daughter comes to visit her grand-uncle, no?
不过她女儿有来探望她的舅父 不是吗?
Norma doesn't come here any more.
诺尔玛再也不来了
But for what reason? I have no idea.
那是何故? 我不清楚
Nobody ever comes here unless they have good cause.
来这儿的人通常都是无事不登三宝殿
Merci. Sir.
谢谢 先生
Well? What did you find out at Crosshedges?
怎么? 你在十字树篱有何发现?
Nothing.
一无所获
How dreadfully dull.
真是无趣极了
Not at all.
根本不是
The fact that Poirot discovered nothing
事实上波罗的一无所获
means that there is a great deal that is being concealed.
意味着有很多事是被刻意隐瞒的
What did you find out? Well...
你有何发现? 嗯...
...the first girl told me
... 第一个女孩告诉我
Norma's had a falling-out with her great-uncle.
诺尔玛和她舅父闹翻了
Something about a new friend he has. Ah, that I can understand.
似乎是他有了新欢 啊 我明白了
And the second girl?
那么第二个女孩呢?
She spoke more warmly about Norma.
她谈起诺尔玛的时候很热情
Frances Cary, the bohemian one.
弗朗西丝·凯瑞 放荡不羁的那个
Oui.
是的
No idea how to make a cup of tea.
连茶都不会泡
Where was the girl brought up?
那姑娘是在哪儿长大的?
And you were with Mademoiselle Restarick all of the evening?
当天您整晚都和雷斯塔里克小姐在一起?
At the party? Oui.
在舞会上? 是的
Er... She went to her room when the ice cream came out.
呃... 吃冰淇淋的时候她回房♥了
Hoorah! Who would like ice cream?
哇噢! 谁想吃冰淇淋?
Ice cream! What a wonderful idea!
冰淇淋! 真是个好主意!
Excuse me.
抱歉失陪
I had a bowl then left. Didn't find anyone to talk to.
我还留下了一份 再也找不到能说两句的人
Nobody was interested in the fate of the novel.
没人关心那部小说的命运
Not even the artist that you mentioned?
连你说的那个艺术家也不感兴趣?
This David Baker?
那个大卫·贝克?
He was far too busy for me.
他怎么有空理会我
He spent all evening talking to Frances.
他整晚都在和弗朗西丝说话
It struck me they didn't want to be overheard by anybody.
我感觉他们不想让任何人听到他们的谈话
Oh, one more thing. Claudia Reece-Holland,
噢 还有一件事 克劳迪娅·瑞斯·霍兰德
she's secretary to Andrew Restarick,
她是诺尔玛父亲
Norma's father.
安德鲁·雷斯塔里克的秘书
Well, it seems I must make an appointment
看来我想见这位雷斯塔里克先生
to see this Monsieur Restarick, no?
必须要预约了 是不是?
What can I do? Nothing, madame.
能为您效劳吗? 没什么了 夫人
Nothing? No, nothing at all.
没有? 没有 真的没有
Just be careful, huh?
只是要当心 好吗?
Where there is murder, anything can happen.
只要有谋杀 什么事都有可能发生
Murder? Who's been murdered?
谋杀? 谁被谋杀了?
Well, Nanny Seagram, of course.
嗯 当然是施格兰姆保姆了
So you don't think she took her own life?
您认为她不是自杀的?
No, no, no.
不不不
Not for one second.
我从没这么想过
Oh!
噢!
I decided to buy some new shoes.
我决定买♥♥点新鞋子
Do you approve? I like the leg.
你赞成吗? 我喜欢腿
So he was an old war comrade of yours? Who?
这么说 他是你的老战友? 谁?
The Frog? Never met him in my damn life.
那个法国佬? 我从未见过他
Are you sure about that?
你确定吗?
He told me he sees old Abercrombie from time to time.
他说他是不是和阿伯克隆比见面
Have to dig him up first.
肯定是先做过调查的
I think he came to ask questions about Norma and her mother.
我想他是来问有关诺尔玛和她妈妈的问题的
Hm... Two nosy parkers in one day.
嗯...一天里出现了两个爱管闲事的人
You mean someone else has been here?
你是说还有其他人来过?
Well, some arty type called Baker came snooping around,
有个叫贝克还是什么的人也来打听过
asking questions about Norma.
问了些诺尔玛的问题
And he was looking for er... for photographs.
他在找...嗯...照片
Seems that Andrew's commissioned a portrait from him
好像是安德鲁委托他
to hang next to Mary's.
画了一张肖像放在玛丽的旁边
Oh, well. Perhaps it'll put that ghost to rest.
噢 也许这能让那个鬼魂消停一下
I love family photographs.
我喜欢全家福
Well, no good to me any more.
额 对我再也没好处了
I let him take what he wanted.
我让他想要什么就自己拿
He seemed a harmless enough chap.
他看起来是个无害的小伙子
Oh, Roddy, you're such an innocent.
噢 罗迪 你真是天真
Doesn't it occur to you that he might be after Norma's money?
你没想过他是觊觎诺尔玛的钱吗?
You know, er... since my wife died,
你知道的...自从我妻子死后
I've spent many a lonely night
你的小说陪我度过了
in your company, Mrs Oliver.
无数孤寂的夜晚 奥利弗太太
Ooh, that last one was a work of genius!
噢 上一本小说简直是天才之作
Lady, Don't Fall Backwards.
女士 不要往回看
Oh, that's funny. I could have swore
噢 那很有趣 我发誓
I locked that when the police were done.
警♥察♥走的时候我把门锁了
Thank you so much, Alf, you're a dear.
非常感谢 阿尔夫 你真好
I won't be long, I promise.
我保证 我不会待很久的
He, Poirot, may be content to sit and do nothing,
额 波罗也许愿意坐着什么也不做
I, Oliver, am not.
而我 奥利弗 可不愿意
Murder.
谋杀
Fiddlesticks!
鬼扯!
If a woman... in one of my novels...
如果我小说里的女人...
...wanted to hide a note...
想要藏便条的话...
...where it would be found...
会藏在哪里呢...
...wanted to hide a suicide note...
想藏遗书的话...
剧集 | 大侦探波洛(1989) | 导航列表