I will endeavour to be snappy.
我会尽量快些的
Do you remember receiving a letter
你记不记得曾经收到过
from a Mrs McGinty of Broadhinny?
一位住在布罗德亨尼的麦金蒂夫人的信?
McGinty? McGinty? I remember the name.
麦金蒂? 麦金蒂? 我好像有点印象
Conked on the head by the lodger, right?
被房♥客砸到头的那个 是不?
Not a very noteworthy crime.
是个不太重要的小案子啊
Non. A charlady merely.
是的 只是个女佣
I mean, no sex appeal.
我是说 这不是什么爆♥炸♥性新闻
OK, now I do remember,
哦 现在我想起来了
McGinty from Broadway. Practically illiterate.
百老汇的麦金蒂 她简直就是个文盲
No, Broadhinny. Broadway.
不 是布罗德亨尼 百老汇
Atrocious handwriting.
她写的字太丑了
So you may have mistaken it?
那你有没有可能把它记错了呢?
I didn't mistake it. She wrote from Broadway.
我可没记错 信就是从百老汇寄过来的
Something about a photograph.
是有关一张照片的
She knew where there was a photograph like in the paper.
她知道有张和报纸上很像的照片
Would we pay her anything for it and how much?
拿到那张照片 我们要付多少钱?
And how did you respond?
那你是怎么回复她的?
I sent back the standard reply.
我回了一封标准回复
To Broadway. Broadhinny.
寄去百老汇 布罗德亨尼
So she never received it.
所以她根本就没有收到信
But she did recognise a photograph
但是她当时认出了那张照片
and that is most interesting.
这才是最有意思的地方
Mademoiselle Horsfall, I thank you very, very much indeed.
霍斯福尔小姐 真的是非常感谢你
Pardon me, just one other thing,
不好意思 还有一件事情
this article that you wrote on the individual cases, the tragic women,
你写的关于独♥立♥个案的文章 那个不幸的女人
is it accurate?
是不是真的呢?
Accurate? Heck, who knows?
是不是真的? 额 谁知道呢?
No. What I mean to say is that the characters of your heroines
不 我是说你所写的那些女人
may not be quite as you represent them?
可能并不像你所描写的那样
Look. It's romantic fiction for a Sunday paper.
听着 这可是周日报上的传奇故事
Now, I've no doubt
现在 我坚信伊娃·凯恩
Eva Kane was a thorough bitch.
就是个彻头彻尾的贱♥人♥
As for little Lily Gamboll,
而至于小莉莉·甘博尔
well, I wouldn't let her anywhere near my cutlery.
我不会让她靠近我的刀
Eva Kane went abroad, you know, to the New World,
伊娃·凯恩去了国外 去了新大♥陆♥
to the Dominions, to start a new life.
开始了自己的新生活
And there is nothing to suggest is there, Mademoiselle, that...
没有任何事情可以证明
she did not return to this country
她没有回来过
Not a goddamn thing.
是的
Au revoir.
谢谢
The incomparable Hercule Poirot.
无敌大侦探波罗先生
Monsieur le Docteur.
医生
Well, this is an honour.
恩 真是我的荣幸啊
Have we crime in our midst?
我们这儿又有谁犯事儿了吗?
My wife will want to know.
我妻子肯定也很想知道
No. I seek fresh evidence in the McGinty case
不是的 我是来给麦金蒂的案子找新证据的
and I understand that she was employed here.
我知道她以前在这儿工作过
Would you say that she was a person who was truthful?
你觉得她这个人诚实可信吗?
Truthful?
诚实可信?
What do you mean, "truthful"?
你指的"诚实"是什么意思?
I mean truthful in the way most people mean truthful.
我指的就是大多数人所说的那种诚实啊
If she were to tell you something, was she likely to be telling the truth?
如果她告诉你什么事 她说的会是真的吗?
Well, I really couldn't say.
这个 我还真不好说
You'd have to ask Mrs Scott the housekeeper.
你最好去问问女管家斯科特太太吧
You employ a housekeeper as well? Yes.
你也雇了女管家? 是的
Mrs Scott's knees aren't very good.
斯科特太太膝盖有点毛病
We just had McGinty for scrubbing the kitchen floor, that sort of thing, blacking the grates.
我们就雇了麦金蒂擦擦厨房♥地板和壁炉什么的
She was an excellent worker.
她干得可好了
There's little doubt that Bentley did it, you know.
宾特利是凶手这事还有疑问
Did you know him?
你认识他吗?
Yes, he consulted me once or twice.
认识 他来我这看过一两次病
Should have been more,
本来应该来更多次的
but he couldn't afford it. Nervous type.
但是他付不起诊费 他有点神经质
Coddled by his mother when she was alive.
他妈还活着的时候把他给宠坏了
One sees that so often.
这是我们都知道的
We've another case in point right here.
我们这儿还有个和这差不多的人
Oui? Yes.
是吗? 是的
Mrs Upward.
厄普沃德太太
Laura Upward.
劳拉·厄普沃德太太
She keeps that son of hers tied to her apron strings.
她总是把自己的儿子绑在身边
Oh, he's a clever enough fellow, Robin.
噢 他是一个很聪明的小伙子 叫罗宾
Not quite as clever as he thinks he is, mind you.
他并没有他自己认为的那么聪明
And she, to my way of thinking, insulates him...
而在我看来 是他母亲让他
from real life.
远离了现实生活
Have they been here long?
他们在这儿住很久了吗?
In Broadhinny? Only three or four years.
布罗德亨尼吗? 只呆了三四年
And you yourselves, Doctor?
那你呢 医生?
We've been here about eight.
我们在这已经八年了
I gather you're staying at Longmeadows.
我猜你住在郎麦都
Oui. Poor devil.
是的 真可怜啊
It's coming to something
当镇上最好的家庭招收房♥客时
when the best family in the county has to take in lodgers.
往往就会发生一些事情
Ah, this is my wife, Mrs Rendell.
啊 这是我的妻子 伦德尔夫人
Madame. Do you know who this is, Shelagh?
你好夫人 你知道这是谁不 希拉?
This is the great detective Hercule Poirot.
这是很有名的侦探 赫尔克里·波罗先生
Don't mind her.
别管她
She does that.
她总是这样
We're both very crime-minded. Read a lot about it.
我们都懂犯罪心理 读了很多这方面的书
Oh, really? What, the criminology?
真的吗? 关于什么的 犯罪学吗?
Or the fiction? Or the Sunday papers?
还是小说呢? 还是周末报纸什么的?
All three.
这些都有
And do you descend as low as to the Sunday Comet?
你把档次降到读周日彗星报什么的了吗?
Where would Sunday be without it?
不读这些周日干嘛呢?
Let me fetch you a drink.
我去给你拿杯饮料
You do see, don't you, Ariadne, darling?
你明白了吧 亲爱的阿里阿德涅
Here we have your fantastic young man, your Sven Hjerson.
我们有你笔下出色的年轻人 你的斯文·杰森
He's arriving dripping with sweat, having skied the ten miles from the village.
他不远万里辛苦地从村里滑雪而来
He's 60. No, no, no.
他已经六十岁了 没有 没有
I um...
我觉得 恩...
I see him more as... 35.
我看他顶多就三十五岁
But I've been writing books about him for 30 years.
可是我写关于他的书都写了三十年了
He was at least 35...
他至少都有三十五岁了
Ariadne, darling,
阿里阿德涅 亲爱的
if he's 60,
如果他真的六十岁了的话
then how can we have any sexual tension between him and your young girl?
我们怎么写他和年轻女人间的暧昧呢?
Your Ingrid?
你的英格丽德呢?
That would just make him a dirty old man.
这样的话只能让他成为老色鬼了
Well, then he can't be 60.
这样的话 他不可能是六十岁
He must be 35.
他一定是三十五岁
All the people who have read my books know how old he is.
看过我书的人都知道他有多大
Ariadne, darling,
阿里阿德涅 亲爱的
I have explained this several times now.
我已经给你说了很多遍了
It's not a book, it's a play.
这不是一本书 这是一部戏
We must have some sexual tension between Sven and Ingrid.
我们必须写一些斯文和英格丽德之间的暧昧
You know how it is. They're antagonistic at first,
你知道这是怎么回事 刚开始他们互相很敌对
but secretly they like each other.
但是他们都默默的喜欢着对方
Until finally...
到最后...
Sven Hjerson never cared for women.
斯文·杰森可对女人一点兴趣也没有
What?
什么?
Oh, no, no, Ariadne,
噢 不 不 阿里阿德涅
you can't make him a pansy.
你可不能把他写成个娘娘腔
I mean, he's an outdoors sort of chap.
他是个很喜欢户外运动的人
He skis. He does not ski.
他会滑雪 他才不滑雪呢
He's 60!
他已经六十岁了
I have to go for a walk.
我得出去走走
What the hell do you want?
你想干什么?
Excusez-moi.
不好意思 打扰一下
Madame Carpenter.
卡朋特夫人
I don't require any cleaning fluids, go away.
我不需要清洁剂什么的 请走开
剧集 | 大侦探波洛(1989) | 导航列表