For what reason?
出于什么原因呢?
I had an opportunity to set up my own school.
我有机会开设自己的学校
So you left the family Restarick to set up this school?
所以你离开雷斯塔里克家开办自己的学校?
Yes. That was an undertaking most audacious.
是的 这可是冒了很大的险
It wasn't easy to make ends meet at first, but um...
开始收支很难平衡 但 呃...
the school soon started to pay for itself.
学校很快就盈利了
Bon. And tell to me, did Mademoiselle Restarick ever smile?
可否告诉我 雷斯塔里克小姐喜欢笑吗?
I beg your pardon?
什么?
I think he means did she seem a little neurotic?
他的意思是 她是不是有点神经质
I think you're aware, Monsieur Poirot,
我想你应该知道 波罗先生
that Norma's received psychiatric assistance on more than one occasion,
诺尔玛接受过很多次心理治疗
including whilst she was here.
包括她在这里的时候
Which is hardly surprising, given her home circumstances.
考虑到她的家庭情况 这也不足为奇
Her father, to whom she'd been extremely attached,
她极度依恋的父亲
left home suddenly and um...
突然离家 呃...
well, her mother... didn't cope with that very well, I think.
呃 她母亲...没处理好这件事
And the tragedy of her suicide.
还有她自杀的悲剧
No, since you mention it,
不 既然你提起这些
I can't recall Norma ever smiling after the death.
我还真不记得她在母亲死后笑过
Her bedroom here became a shrine to her dead mother.
她的卧室成了她死去母亲的祭奠室
It seems to me that she has been blaming herself all of her life.
在我看来 她一生都在责备自己
As do most children, non?
大多孩子也会这样 不是吗?
Indeed.
确实如此
When they're not blaming their parents. Oui.
当他们不责备自己的父母时 是的
Do you yourself have children, madame?
你有孩子吗 夫人?
I've never married, Monsieur Poirot.
我没结过婚 波罗先生
Oh, je suis dèsolè... mademoiselle.
哦 对不起... 小姐
You say that she kept her room as a shrine to her mother,
你说她把自己的卧室当母亲的祭奠室
but you also say that she was extremely attached to her father.
但你也说她极度依恋父亲
So there was no shrine to him?
有对父亲的祭奠室吗?
In her heart, yes.
有 在她心中
She never gave up hope that he would return.
她一直相信他会回来
Or that a letter would arrive asking her to go out and join him.
或者会有一封让她去父亲那里的信
It never did.
但都没有
In her heart, oui.
在她心里 是的
But in reality, in her rooms?
但现实中 她房♥间里有没有呢?
There wasn't a single photograph of her father,
根本没有他父亲的照片
if that's what you mean.
如果你是想知道这个的话
Her mother destroyed every single one she could find after he left.
他离开后 她妈妈毁了所有的照片
Really, when it comes to the mother,
事实上 说到母亲
one has to ask oneself, in that house...
不能不问自己 在那个屋子里的...
...who was the child?
...那孩子是谁?
Vraiment. Who was the child indeed, huh?
的确 那孩子到底是谁 嗯哼?
And you could not provide her with a photograph of her father?
而你也没法拿出一张她爸爸的照片是吗?
What, me?
什么 我?
From the photographs you took of the family, I mean.
我是说 你有没有全家福
Oh, I see. Of course. No. No, I couldn't.
哦 明白了 当然 不 不 我没有
Are we done, do you think?
你觉得 我们是不是结束了?
Oui.
是的
I have all of your novels, Mrs Oliver.
我读过你所有的小说 奥利弗女士
And I wonder if you would be so very kind as to sign my copies.
不知道您能不能在我的书上签个名
I really would be so grateful.
我会感到十分荣幸的
Yes, of course.
可以 当然可以
Do you have a pen? Yes.
有笔吗? 有
Thank you, this is thrilling. Pleasure.
谢谢 真是太高兴了 我的荣幸
I see from my records that Norma's about to reach her 25th birthday.
从记录上看 诺尔玛马上就要过25岁生日了
She is quite a catch for somebody, given her wealth.
鉴于她拥有的财富 她很吸引某些人
Mary Restarick was a wealthy heiress,
玛丽·雷斯塔里克是一个富有的继承人
and she left it all to Norma.
而她把一切都留给了诺尔玛
How wealthy was she? At the time of her death,
她多有钱? 她死的时候
Mary Restarick's fortune was estimated at seven or eight hundred thousand pounds.
玛丽·雷斯塔里克差不多有七八万英镑
And, of course, there's Crosshedges house, too.
对了 当然 还有十字树篱庄园
The house does not belong to Sir Roderick?
那屋子不是属于罗德里克先生吗?
Oh, no.
哦 当然不是
He lives there by the grace of Norma.
他只是沾诺尔玛的光才住在这里
So if, by chance,
如果诺尔玛·雷斯塔里克小姐意外死亡了
Mademoiselle Norma Restarick was to die?
会怎样呢?
Well, half the money would go to her next of kin,
好吧 一半的钱会给她的直系亲属
her father. Unless she were to marry.
也就是她父亲 除非她结婚了
But why only half?
为什么只有一半呢?
Mary Restarick loved Crosshedges.
玛丽·雷斯塔里克十分爱十字树篱庄园
She ensured that half the family money would always go back to the guardian of the estate.
她将另一半的钱留下来作为维护房♥子的钱
So if Mademoiselle Norma Restarick was not to marry,
那么如果诺尔玛·雷斯塔里克小姐不结婚的话
that would be?
钱会给谁?
Her favourite uncle. Old Sir Roderick.
给她最爱的舅父 罗德里克先生
Merci.
谢谢
This Sonia woman you told me about...
你告诉我的索尼娅...
she's obviously hoping old Roderick will
她显然希望罗德里克先生能够
come into Norma's mother's money.
得到诺尔玛妈妈的钱
Didn't you tell me Sir Roderick
你不是说 罗德里克先生
asked you to flush out David Baker?
让你干掉大卫·贝克先生吗?
I said it seems to me... I heard you, madame.
在我看来... 我听见了 女士
I am thinking. It is my custom.
我在思考 这是我的习惯
Oh, is that all? What about?
哦 就这样? 怎么样?
Tell to me, madame,
告诉我 女士
when you entered the apartment of Nanny Seagram...
当你进入施格兰姆保姆的房♥间时...
against the advice that I gave to you most expressly,
不顾我特意给你的警告
but let us overlook that for now...
但先暂时让我们忽略这一点...
...how did you gain the entry?
...你是怎么进去的?
Oh, Alf, the concierge.
哦 是门房♥阿尔夫
He'd do anything for me. He's my number one fan, he says.
他愿意为我做一切 他说他是我的头号♥粉丝
How gratifying. He let you in?
很好 他放你进去的?
Yes, but in fact, he didn't need to.
是的 但事实上 这是多余的
The door had been left unlocked. I see.
因为门并没有上锁 我明白了
And, once inside, you just discovered the letter?
然后 你一进去就发现了那封信?
And I didn't tell you how.
我没告诉你我是怎么发现信的?
Non.
没有
It was terribly clever, although I say it myself.
真是太聪明了 我说的是我自己
I simply asked myself,
我只是问我自己
"Where would a woman hide... "
"一个女人会把那个藏在..."
Yes, yes, yes. But did anything else happen?
是的 是的 是的 但是还发生了什么吗?
Well...
好吧...
for a second, I had the feeling...
过了一会儿 我就觉得...
...that someone was there in the apartment.
...公♥寓♥里还有其他人
But of course I imagined it.
但是当然这只是我的想象
Anyway, I said to myself,
总之 我跟我自己说
"Where would a woman hide... "
"一个女人会把那个藏在..."
Wait, wait, wait, wait, wait.
等等 等等 等等
Are you sure that there was there no other person?
你确定那里没有其他人了吗?
Does it really matter? This is of the utmost importance, madame.
这很重要吗? 极其的重要 女士
Oh, you really are the most maddening man.
哦 你真让人火大
I couldn't say for certain one way or the other whether someone else was there.
我不能确定那儿还有没有其他人
I rushed out, chasing after the third girl.
我冲了出去 去追那第三个女孩
Ah, bon.
啊 对
All is becoming clear.
一切都清楚了
Ah! Gotcha!
啊! 明白了!
Sir Roderick. Oh, it's you again.
罗德里克先生 哦 又是你
I've brought Miss Restarick's portrait.
我带来了雷斯塔里克小姐的画像
Well, come here.
好吧 过来
Come on.
来吧
Closer.
近一点
You know, Sonia... thinks you're a bad egg.
你知道吗 索尼娅...觉得你是个坏蛋
If that refers to me and Norma,
如果这指的是我和诺尔玛
I can assure you I have only her best interests at heart.
我可以向你保证 我只在乎她的利益
Yes, I can see that now.
是的 我知道
You're not going to be any trouble at all.
你完全不会有任何麻烦的
You're a good egg!
你是个好人!
The maid'll see you out.
女仆会送你出去
And you can leave that thing here.
你能把东西留在这里
Oh, damn!
啊 该死!
剧集 | 大侦探波洛(1989) | 导航列表