And on the back there's a list of employees.
背后是雇员的清单
Merci.
感激不尽
As requested, I've had a word with Mahmoud.
按照要求 我跟马哈穆德谈过了
Some of his boys are privately saying
他家的小孩都悄悄说
that there was some character lurking about on the ladder that afternoon.
那个下午有人在梯子那边潜伏着
An Arab. Not one of them.
是个阿♥拉♥伯人 不是他们当中的一个
But that was a good hour or so before the time of death.
不过那是死亡前一小时左右
This case is a mess, Poirot.
这案件真是一团糟啊 波罗
Not so, mon ami. This case...
不是这样的 我的朋友 这案件...
When Poirot has almost given up scrabbling for purchase on its shell of armour...
当波罗快要放弃解开这些谜团时
boff... it opens to him like a flower.
哈哈...所有事情就水落石出了
Good Lord.
好样的
So... What do we do?
那...我们要怎么做?
We do what the murderer least expects Poirot to do.
我们就做凶手想不到波罗会做的事
We return to the dig.
我们回挖掘地
All of us.
所有人
Ahem!
啊哼!
This case, mes amis, it is full of the red...
这案件 我的好朋友们 充满了红色的...
fish.
鱼
Herrings, possibly?
是鲱鱼吗?
Merci. There's so many diversions, so many distractions.
谢谢 有太多事让人分心了
Attend well to Poirot as he peels them away like the skin of an onion.
让波罗把这些障碍像洋葱一样一层一层的剥开
Herrings, onions, do get a wriggle on, there's a good fellow.
鲱鱼 洋葱 你最好接下来说些像样点的
Your wife, she funded your expeditions as you went along.
你的妻子在你探险的时候一直资助你
How much more efficient it would be to have the money all at once, non?
是什么比一次性拿到钱更有效呢 嗯?
What? There is no money.
什么? 并没有你说的钱
Non, vraiment monsieur, for you there never has been.
不 是的 先生 对你来说是没有
For the running of Boynton Hall,
对于博因顿公♥司♥的所有运作
alors, is for you always most arduous.
对你来说是很艰辛的
Lady Boynton, she was always most munificent to your father
博因顿女士对你们的父亲总是很慷慨
but never towards his son.
可是对自己的儿子就不是这样
You can stare at me significantly as long as you like, monsieur.
你尽管这样意味深长地看着我 先生
I've done nothing wrong.
我没做错任何事
Tell to Poirot what was in the bag.
告诉我 袋子里装的是什么
What bag?
什么袋子?
What did you agree to purchase
你从那个衣衫褴褛的阿♥拉♥伯孩子
from the ragged Arab boy?
手里买♥♥下的是什么?
I remember the boy,
我还记得那孩子
I don't remember what rubbish he was flogging.
但记不得他兜售了些什么破烂
Fortunately, Poirot, he does.
幸运的是 我记得
And from it he extracted...
从那个袋子里我找到了...
this.
这个
Voil? Voil? what?
看看? 看什么?
Well, it's a tooth.
嗯 是颗牙齿
D're precis,
回答正确
it is a molar taken from the upper jaw of St John.
这是取自圣约翰上颚的臼齿
You will observe that it bears the traces of the filling of gold.
你能看到牙上有镶金的痕迹
For this skull it was supposed to masquerade
有人想用这个头骨来冒充
as the skull of John the Baptist.
施洗者约翰的头骨
But in fact it is as you say,
但实际上 就像你说的
Monsieur Leonard, rubbish.
里奥纳德先生 是破烂
What the devil are you talking about, man?
见鬼 你到底想说什么?
This wasn't purchased from a hawker and planted.
这不是从小贩那里买♥♥来冒充的
This is untouched.
这个头骨没人碰过
This entire sample was exhumed e situ intacto.
这是在挖掘现场挖出来的完整样本
Forgive me, Poirot, but you're drivelling utter bilge,
请原谅我 波罗 但是你完全是在胡说
pompous little Belgian.
自大矮小的比利时人
As my father has explained,
就像我父亲解释的
this object was discovered undisturbed.
那东西被挖到的时候没有损坏过
It's a perfect fit.
完全吻合
I don't understand.
我不明白了
All your life, Father,
您的一生 父亲
traipsing about the Middle East...
一直在中东游荡...
time after time finding absolutely nothing of significance.
总在寻找根本一文不值的东西
I wanted it to end.
我想结束这一切
You dear, deluded, stupid man.
您这个鬼迷心窍的愚蠢男人
I never expected your wife's bloody money. I never wanted it.
我从没指望得到您妻子那些钱 从来没有
I wanted you to be free of this need.
我想让您从这种生活里解放出来
To find what you've been looking for.
找到您一直在寻找的东西
Do you mind if I step out for a while?
介意我出去一会吗?
I'll come with you. No, no.
我陪你 不 不用
I simply wish to be alone for a moment.
我就想一个人单独呆会儿
Is that permitted?
可以吗?
Je vous en prie, monsieur.
请便 先生
Now the three of you.
现在 你们三个
The litany of cruelties you have endured.
你们一直忍♥受着残酷的虐待
The ceaseless humiliations.
无休止的屈辱
You multiply these incidents by hundreds and thousands.
你们把这些事的影响放大了千百倍
The corrosion of the spirit, it is inevitable and insupportable.
心灵的腐蚀是无法避免 无法忍♥受的
No wonder you wished to see Lady Boynton dead.
你希望博因顿夫人死 一点也不奇怪
Indeed Poirot, he overheard you, Mademoiselle Carol,
确实 我也无意中听到你 卡罗尔小姐
and you, Monsieur Raymond,
还有你 雷蒙德先生
whispering that your mother... must die.
悄悄地在说你们的母亲...必须死
And you, Dr King...
还有你 金医生
By your own admission, you also wished to see her dead.
你自己也承认了 你希望看到她死
You are a woman who has wasted time and is determined to waste no more.
你已经浪费了很长时间 决定不再浪费下去
What do we know of you, Monsieur Cope?
我们了解您多少 科普先生?
Me?
我?
Will you show to me your passport?
能看看你的护照吗?
Merci.
谢谢
You choose to use your second Christian name and not your first?
你用了你第二个教名 却非第一个?
Yes. Why is that, I wonder?
是的 我想问 为什么呢?
My first given name is ambiguous, in terms of gender.
我第一个名字有点不男不女
The spelling is different but it's also a girl's name.
拼写不同 但还是个女孩的名字
As a child I found that tiresome.
小时候我就很厌恶了
I suggest that there are many things about your childhood that you found...
我猜小时候还有很多事情让你
"tiresome",
"厌恶"
Monsieur Leslie...
莱斯利...
Jefferson Cope.
杰弗逊·科普
I don't think we're sufficiently sorry.
我觉得还不够
The child that was thrashed...
那个按博因顿夫人的指示...
so brutally, on the orders of Lady Boynton,
被如此残忍♥折磨的孩子
was not a girl, as misremembered by her daughter Carol, non...
不是女孩 卡罗尔小姐记错了 不是...
but a boy...
而是一个...
by the name of Leslie.
叫莱斯利的男孩
If you know all that,
假如你知道这些
you'll also know that I didn't kill her.
你就知道我没有杀她
Merely to deprive her of her life would afford for you satisfaction most scant.
光是剥夺她的生命 你还无法满足
No, you wanted to make her life unbearable.
不 你想让她生不如死
To degrade her, to hurt the woman,
你想羞辱她 伤害她
as she hurt you.
就像她伤害你一样
Lady Boynton was a person preoccupied with station and money
博因顿夫人是位有钱有地位的人
and you decided to strip her of them both.
你打算夺去她的一切
So I may remain assured of your very best services?
我还能得到你的良好服务吗?
Of what service in particular did you wish to remain assured?
你究竟想得到什么服务呢?
You have no newspapers of any description?!
你们什么报纸也没有?!
I am so sorry.
非常抱歉
The withholding from Lady Boynton of the newspapers...
博因顿夫人看不到报纸...
that would keep her ignorant of the panic
会让她对纽约发生的恐慌一无所知
that you yourself had inspired to ensure the destruction of her empire.
因为你灵光一现 决定毁掉她的王国
I'm just lousy at being intrepid.
与世隔绝真是让人受不了
Back at the hotel you couldn't get a paper for love nor money.
回到酒店 不管用爱还是钱都换不来报纸
And like the confidence trickster so accomplished,
为了让你的骗术得逞
you invested in your own deceit.
你投资了自己放出的谣言
You wrote off thousands of dollars of your own savings,
你把自己的积蓄大笔大笔的投了进去
merely to blow smoke in the face of Poirot!
就为了迷惑我!
Oh, Monsieur Cope.
噢 科普先生
It seems I've lost quite a lot of money.
我好像赔了不少钱
Alors, Poirot has one more red herring left to fry.
好了 我还有一个谜团要解开
And it is a fish most substantial.
这也是最让人困惑的疑点
剧集 | 大侦探波洛(1989) | 导航列表