Do you habitually carry a knife?
你习惯性带刀吗?
It was in my drawer.
它曾在我的抽屉里
I opened it, and there it was, just lying there.
我一打开抽屉 刀就在那里
Do you remember putting it there?
你记得自己放过刀吗?
No.
没有
So did you take the knife with you?
那你带着刀了吗?
Well, I...
呃 我...
I must have done. It wasn't there later.
我肯定是这样做了 因为后来刀不在那里了
Mademoiselle, can you tell to me exactly what you found
小姐 你能告诉我 进入施格兰姆小姐房♥间后
when entering the apartment of Mademoiselle Seagram?
你发现了什么吗?
She's dead, isn't she? And I had a knife.
她死了 不是吗? 而我拿着一把刀
Excuse me, sir.
打扰一下 先生
No, George, please, not just at this moment!
不 乔治 请不要在这一刻打扰我们!
Inspector Nelson is here, sir.
纳尔森警长来了 先生
And Mrs Oliver. The police?
还有奥利弗夫人. 警♥察♥?
Good. I want to talk to them. I want to confess.
很好 我要告诉他们 我要自首
No, no, no!
不 不 不!
No, please, I beg of you, mademoiselle. Wait for me. Please.
不 请不要这样做 小姐 请你 等我一下
We will talk more of this.
我们稍后再谈
Only trust me.
你只需要相信我
Ah! Madame Oliver!
啊! 奥利弗夫人!
Inspector. You are recovered, I see.
警长 你康复了
Fully, thank you.
完全康复了 谢谢你
And my memory has returned. Ah!
我记忆也恢复了 啊!
The letter. The letter?
那封信 信?
Miss Seagram's suicide note.
施格兰姆小姐的遗书
I found it behind the mirror in her flat.
我在她的镜子后面发现的
"To be given to the police in the event of my death. "
"如果我死了 请交给警♥察♥ "
No, no. Pardon. That cannot be.
不 不 这不可能
Are you saying that in this letter she announced her suicide?
你的意思是她在信中说要自杀吗?
I didn't have time to read it before it was stolen from my handbag.
我还没来得及看就被偷走了
So how could you know it was a note of suicide?
那你怎么知道是遗书呢?
What else could it have been? What else indeed?
还能是什么呢? 还有其他什么吗?
You always want to make everything so difficult! I'm getting a headache.
你总是把事情弄得很复杂! 我又头疼了
Inspector, have you brought to me the information that I requested?
警长 你带了我要的消息吗?
You'll find everything you wanted in here.
你想要的都在这儿了
Though what it matters now, I couldn't guess.
尽管不知道它还有什么用
Inspector, something has happened?
警长 发生什么了?
It seems it wasn't suicide after all, Poirot. Ah.
看起来好像不是自杀 波罗 啊
Results of the post-mortem indicate that Miss Seagram died of asphyxiation.
验尸报告说施格兰姆小姐是死于窒息
Her wrists were cut after she'd stopped breathing.
她的手腕是死后才被割开的
Sapristi!
该死!
What's more, Norma Restarick's flatmate,
还有 诺尔玛·雷斯塔里克的室友
Claudia Reece-Holland,
克劳迪娅·瑞斯·霍兰德
visited me a couple of days ago,
前几天找过我
and she told me Norma had made a clean breast of the business to her father.
她说诺尔玛对她父亲都坦白了
Ah. She also said that he believed
啊 她还说他相信诺尔玛
the girl had made the same confession to you, Poirot.
也向你坦白罪行了 波罗
Just curiosity, eh? Seems you've been deceiving me.
纯属好奇 呃? 你好像有什么隐瞒我
Je suis dèsolè. But do indulge me, if you please, for one moment.
不好意思 但请先等我一下
Can you remember exactly when it was
你是否还记得雷斯塔里克先生的秘书
the secretary to Monsieur Restarick denounced his daughter as a murderess?
是什么时候说他女儿是凶手吗?
It was two days ago.
两天前
Two days? That was when I was attacked.
两天前? 正是我遭攻击的那天
Do you have any idea where this girl is, Poirot?
你知道诺尔玛现在在哪里吗 波罗?
I cannot allow you in there!
我不能让你进去!
You can't stop me! I'm here.
你不要拦我! 我在这里
I'm Norma Restarick.
我就是诺尔玛·雷斯塔里克
I killed Nanny Seagram.
我杀了施格兰姆保姆
Norma Restarick, I am arresting you on a charge of murder.
诺尔玛·雷斯塔里克 我现在以谋杀罪逮捕你
Thank you for trying to help me.
谢谢你对我的帮助
I take a very dim view of this, Poirot.
对此我持保留态度 波罗
If you will, sir, the first time I clapped eyes on her
先生 我第一次见到这位小姐时
I thought the young lady had birds in her attic.
就觉得她很有爱心
Thank you very much, George.
非常感谢你 乔治
Coffee for two, if you please.
两杯咖啡 谢谢
Now, then, there are a lot of things I'd like to know.
现在 我有一大堆的事需要弄清楚
Am I to understand that
我没理解错的话
Norma Restarick has been with you all this time?
诺尔玛·雷斯塔里克一直都和你呆在一起?
Oui, bien s?r. Where else?
是的 不然还能在哪?
You seem completely unconcerned at her arrest.
你对于她被捕一点都不关心
Not at all. It is unfortunate.
一点都不 只是不幸而已
She would have been much more comfortable remaining here, under my roof.
她在我这待着会更舒服
Ah. And what is that?
啊 那这又是什么?
This answers a question that has been troubling me
这回答了我去约书亚·雷斯塔里克公♥司♥后
ever since I made a visit to Joshua Restarick, Ltd.
一直困扰我的问题
And what is this fascinating question?
到底是什么迷人的问题?
Well, simply this.
呃 很简单
When I arrived there,
当我到那的时候
Mademoiselle Claudia Reece-Holland was sitting at her desk,
克劳迪娅·瑞斯·霍兰德小姐
repairing her maquillage.
正坐在她的桌子旁补妆
And in front of her, there was no correspondence, no files.
桌子上却没有任何信件或文件
And for the duration of my visit, the telephone, it sounded only once,
在我拜访期间 电♥话♥只响了一次
and that was for me
而且还是找我的
from Mademoiselle Daphne on your behalf from The Merry Shamrock tearooms.
达芙妮小姐在甜叶草茶屋帮你打的
And so, I asked the good Inspector Nelson to make the inquiry.
所以 我请纳尔森警长帮我查了一下
And?
然后呢?
Joshua Restarick virtually
约书亚·雷斯塔里克实际上
ceased trading as a business since two years,
在两年前就因为生意变差
after many years in decline.
停止交易业务了
Oh, do stop!
哦 停!
You're making my head ache again, and you know that's bad for me.
你又让我头痛了 你知道这对我不好
Chère madame, have you ever seen the girl smile?
夫人 你见过那个女孩微笑吗?
Smile?
微笑?
Why, yes.
为什么这么问 见过
When she saw David Baker.
当她看到大卫·贝克的时候
And did he? Did he what?
他呢? 他什么?
Smile at her. I mean, did he...
对她微笑 我的意思是 他...
look her in the eyes?
有没有看她的眼睛?
He never took his eyes from hers.
他从未将视线从她身上转开过
Does it matter? But of course.
这有什么关系吗? 当然
Well, I think he's unreliable.
呃 我认为他很不可靠
He was going to show Norma something at the tearooms, but that never materialised.
他在茶室时想对诺尔玛说什么 但没有成功
Ah.
啊
And has it still not occurred to you that she might be exactly what she appears to be?
你还不觉得她也许不是你想的那样吗?
I mean... criminally insane.
我的意思是...她可能是精神病
Chère madame, if you want to know the real truth
夫人 如果你想知道
about Mademoiselle Norma Restarick,
关于诺尔玛·雷斯塔里克小姐的真♥相♥
you will accompany me on a journey.
你得和我一起去个地方
Thanks to the inquiries of the good Inspector Nelson,
多亏了纳尔森警长的调查
we will meet a very old friend of hers.
我们要去拜访一个她的老朋友
Would four aspirin be too much to take, I wonder?
带四片阿司匹林应该不算多吧?
I was intrigued by your telephone call, Monsieur Poirot.
您的来电让我很好奇 波罗先生
I have heard of you, of course. Merci.
我听说过您的大名 当然 谢谢
But I should like a little more information before we talk.
但在交谈之前我想先了解一些信息
Yes, indeed.
好的
Eh bien, Madame Battersby,
嗯 好的 巴特斯比夫人
this Mademoiselle Norma Restarick
诺尔玛·雷斯塔里克小姐拜访了我
rendered to me a visit,
她向我寻求帮助...
and she requested my assistance with... well, some difficulties she...
呃 她遇到了麻烦...
She's been charged with murder. Murder?
她被指控谋杀 谋杀?
Um...So firstly, may I ask
呃...所以 我可不可以先问一下
did you like Mademoiselle Norma Restarick
诺尔玛·雷斯塔里克小姐是这里的学生时
when she was here as a pupil?
你喜欢她吗?
I like all my girls. Yes, of course.
所有的女孩子我都喜欢 当然
But what sort of girl was she?
那她是一个什么样的女孩呢?
Not scholastically brilliant, but adequate.
学习虽不是很好 但也还中规中矩
And before, when you taught her at Crosshedges?
那之前 你在十字树篱庄园教她时呢?
Well, she was very young, only five years old,
呃 她很小 只有五岁
and my appointment was very brief.
我在那里的工作时间很短
剧集 | 大侦探波洛(1989) | 导航列表