What are you doing here in the sticks? You don't live here, do you?
您在这地方干什么呢? 您不住这儿 对吗?
Non.
不
No. You live in that awful modernist place in town.
不 您住在城里那个极具现代风格的地方
So it's a murder? Oui.
那就是为了谋杀案而来? 是的
Not my hostess, I hope? Who is your hostess?
但愿不是我的女房♥东 您的房♥东是?
She lives somewhere around here.
她住在这儿的某个地方
A place called Laburnums.
一个叫拉布耐姆的地方
Any idea where it is?
知道在哪儿吗?
A chap called Robin Upward.
有个叫罗宾·厄普沃德的小伙子
Supposed to be dramatising one of my books.
想把我的一部作品改编成剧本
Oh, felicitations, Madame!
噢 恭喜您 夫人!
To have a work performed on the stage, superbe! Oh!
要有一部走上舞台的作品了 好极了! 噢!
Turn to the right.
往右拐
Who's been killed this time? An elderly charlady.
这次是谁被杀了? 一个年迈的女佣
Oh.
噢
A young man, he has been sentenced to hang.
一个年轻人 他被宣判绞刑
But he didn't do it, and you know who did?
不过并不是他干的 你知道是谁干的?
Splendid. I do not know who did it.
精彩 我不知道是谁干的
I'm not even convinced that the young man, he is innocent.
甚至连我对那个年轻人的清白无辜都未能尽信
Men are so slow.
男人可是很迟钝的
I'll soon tell you who did it.
很快我就能告诉您凶徒是谁了
A woman's intuition, that's what you need.
您需要的 是女人的直觉
Now, if a woman were
假如苏格兰场的领军人物
head of Scotland Yard, well...
是位女士 想想...
Ariadne!
阿里阿德涅!
Oh, Lord, it's him. Shakespeare.
噢 上帝 是他 莎士比亚
Don't worry, I'll be discreet.
别担心 我会谨言慎行的
No, Madame, I do not wish you to be discreet.
不 夫人 您别太拘束
Truly? Truly.
当真? 当真
So pleased you could come. I just had the most fantastic idea for the denouement.
很高兴您能来 我刚对结局有了绝妙的构思
Have you? Good.
是吗? 很好
Robin, this is Monsieur Poirot.
罗宾 这位是波罗先生
Delighted. Enchant? Monsieur.
幸会 难能一见 先生
Come on, let's have a drink.
来吧 咱们喝一杯
I'm extremely pleased to meet you, Mrs Oliver.
认识您万分荣幸 奥利弗夫人
Robin's told me so much about you.
罗宾讲过很多您的事
I've read all your books.
我拜读过您所有的作品
This is an old friend of mine, Monsieur Hercule Poirot.
这位是我的一个老朋友 赫尔克里·波罗先生
Madame.
您好 夫人
We met in the village. Just by chance.
我们碰巧在村子里碰上了
Robin, get some drinks, get cigarettes.
罗宾 拿点喝的 还有香烟
Yes, of course.
是的 当然
Are you an author, too, Monsieur Poirot?
您也是作家吗 波罗先生?
Je regrette que non.
很遗憾不是
He's a detective. A real one.
他是位侦探 货真价实的侦探
You know, Sherlock Holmes type.
就像夏洛克福尔摩斯那样的
Deer stalkers, violins, that sort of thing.
猎鹿人 小提琴手之类的
And he's here to solve a murder.
他此次是为了侦破一起谋杀
But who has been murdered, Monsieur?
不过是谁被杀害了呢 先生?
You already know of it, Madame.
您已经知道了 夫人
It occurred last November, the 22nd.
上个月11月22号♥出的事
Mrs McGinty?
麦金蒂夫人?
Oui.
是的
That's all over, surely?
那件事不是结束了?
No, no, it's not over at all.
不 不是 事情并没有结束
They've arrested the wrong man. What was his name?
他们抓错了人 他叫什么名字来着?
Monsieur James Bentley.
詹姆士·宾特利先生
But he didn't do it.
但凶案并非他所为
Poirot's got to find the real murderer before they execute the other one.
波罗必须在他们枉杀好人之前找到真凶
I expect his little grey cells are churning.
我认为他已经有些想法了
It's all frightfully exciting.
真令人激动万分
Ah.
啊
A white lady for you, my darling.
鸡尾酒是给你的 亲爱的
Thank you, my dear.
谢谢 亲爱的
Mrs Oliver. Thank you so much.
奥利弗夫人 非常感谢
Monsieur?
先生?
Non, merci.
不用了 谢谢
She used to work here. Mrs McGinty.
她在这儿工作过 麦金蒂夫人
If you can call it work.
假如还能称之为工作的话
Going through drawers, peering into one's chequebook, the nerve!
翻遍抽屉 觊觎他人的支票簿 胆子不小!
Don't get your blood pressure up, Madre. She had her uses.
别动气 母亲 她也不是一无是处
Robin, of course you're right. She did sweep and scrub.
罗宾 当然你是对的 她还做些打扫擦洗的活
Robin is as good as a daughter to me, Mrs Oliver.
对我来说 罗宾就和女儿一样 奥利弗夫人
He thinks of everything.
他总是考虑周到
You're wasting your time snooping in Broadhinny.
您在博西尼调查纯属浪费时间
We're all very nice people here.
这里的人都很纯良
Good luck with your play.
祝您的剧本获得成功
Good luck with your murder.
祝您谋杀案侦破顺利
Monsieur.
告辞了先生
Au revoir, Monsieur. Au revoir.
再会 先生 再会
Do you have everything that you need, Madame?
您要的都齐备了吗 夫人?
Yes, I'm perfectly well provided for. I have reams of paper, oceans of ink.
对 我准备好了 成堆的纸张 海量的墨水
And I'm sure Robin has gin.
而且我知道罗宾有杜松子酒
What more does a girl need?
这不是姑娘梦寐以求的?
But you have brought your own ink?
您自己带来的墨水?
Always do.
向来都是
Who'd be without ink?
谁能没有墨水啊?
Madame.
夫人
No, she always went down to the post office and used the telephone.
不是的 她总是去邮局打电♥话♥
So she never wrote to you at all?
所以她没有给你写过信吗?
No. Auntie didn't hold with writing letters.
是的 姑姑不喜欢写信
But if someone wrote to her, she would write back?
但是如果有人给她写信 她会回吗?
I suppose, but who'd write to her, though?
可能吧 但是谁会给她写信呢?
Most of the furniture we sold.
大多数家具我们都卖♥♥了
The police kept some things.
警♥察♥留下了一些
But everything else...
但是其它的
Madame, please, allow me to help you.
夫人 我来帮你搬吧
Ooh... Everything else...
...其它的东西...
is in here.
都在这里
Three days before she died.
在她死前三天
Aren't you staying for lunch?
你不留下吃午餐了吗?
It's pancakes, if I can get them out of the pan.
是薄煎饼哦 要是我能做好的话
No, Madame, it is necessary that I go to London.
不了 夫人 我得赶快回伦敦了
But I return tomorrow
但是我明天会再来
and then perhaps I shall teach you how to make the omelette. Au revoir.
也许我会教你怎么做煎蛋卷 再见了
To the station, if you please.
去火车站 谢谢
"The Sunday Comet. November 19th.
周日彗星报 十一月十九号♥
Eva Kane.
伊娃·凯恩
Her kindly relatives in the New World offered her a home
在克雷格被判决后
after Craig was sentenced.
她在新大♥陆♥的热心亲戚提供了个房♥子给她住
Changing her name,
这个可怜的女孩被一个冷血的杀人犯诱骗
the pitiful girl seduced by a cold-blooded murderer,
改了自己的名字
left these shores forever.
从此便永远离开了这儿
'My daughter shall grow up happy and innocent,' she said.
她说 "我的女儿会幸福快乐的长大"
'Her life shall not be tainted by the past. "'
"她的一生一定不能被残酷的过去所玷污"
Your hot chocolate, sir.
你的热巧克力 先生
Merci, George.
谢谢 乔治
Voil? Le deuxine photo.
瞧 这张老照片
"Lily Gamboll was too young to be tried for murder.
"莉莉·甘博尔因为太小所以免于受审
But her conduct during her years at approved school
但是她在少管所这些年的表现
is said to have been exemplary.
可被称为典范
Now, having atoned for her tragic lapse,
现在 莉莉·甘博尔已经弥补了当时的错误
Lily Gamboll lives somewhere,
她生活在某个地方
a good citizen, a wife, a mother.
是名好市民 好老婆 好母亲
'Where', asks the Sunday Comet,
周日彗星报也想知道
'are these women now?"'
"如今这些女人都在哪里?"
Mademoiselle Horsfall, after writing an article such as this,
霍斯福尔小姐 你发表这篇报道之后
do you often receive the letters?
你有没有经常收到信什么的?
You bet. Some people have nothing more constructive to do than write letters.
当然了 有些人♥大♥概觉得写信是最好的方式吧
Let's make this snappy, can we?
我们速战速决 行不?
剧集 | 大侦探波洛(1989) | 导航列表