Or that a letter would arrive asking her to go out and join him.
或者会有一封让她去父亲那里的信
It never did.
但都没有
And a woman, moreover, who misled me about dates.
并且 这位女士用错误的时间误导了我
She told to me that
她说她辞去了诺尔玛·雷斯塔里克的
she had moved straight from her employment
家庭教师的工作后
as the tutor to Mademoiselle Norma Restarick into setting up her own establishment.
立刻开始建立了自己的学校
But that was when Mademoiselle Norma was five years of age,
但是那时诺尔玛小姐才5岁
and that is now since 20 years.
现在已经过了20年了
But Meadowfield School, it was only established it is now since 18 years.
但是曼顿菲尔德学校只有十♥八♥年♥的历史
So what did she do in the two years in between?
那么这两年间她在做什么呢?
And why had she left her employment after so brief a time?
为什么她这么短的时间就离职了呢?
Now, I would like to ask you, Sir Roderick,
现在 罗德里克先生
to confirm my suspicions.
我想让你来证实我的怀疑
The reason why Mademoiselle Battersby
为什么巴特斯比女士
left Crosshedges so abruptly
这么突然地离开十字树篱庄园呢?
was because she had fallen in love with Andrew Restarick
因为她爱上了安德鲁·雷斯塔里克
and conceived by him a child.
还怀了他的孩子
Am I correct?
对吗?
Yes, Poirot, you are correct.
是的 波罗 你说的没错
She left suddenly. Disappeared for two years.
她突然离开 消失了两年
C'est sa.
这样啊
So she went away secretly.
她悄悄离开了
Bore the child. A girl.
生下了孩子 一个女孩
The half-sister to Mademoiselle Norma Restarick.
诺尔玛·雷斯塔里克小姐同父异母的妹妹
Is that not so, Mademoiselle Cary?
是这样吗 凯瑞小姐?
Or should I call you... Mademoiselle Battersby?
或许我应该叫你...巴特斯比小姐?
I grew up dreaming that one day I'd find my sister.
我从小一直梦想有一天能找到我的姐姐
When I found her... it was like a miracle.
当我找到她时...简直就像是奇迹
I knew Claudia worked for the family firm,
我知道克劳迪娅在这个家族企业工作
and I couldn't believe my luck when Norma moved in too.
我简直不敢相信诺尔玛也搬进来了
I longed to tell her she had a sister.
我很想告诉她 她有一个妹妹
And now she'll never know. Non.
但她现在没机会知道了 嗯
And the irony, with Mademoiselle Norma... gone...
讽刺的是 诺尔玛小姐死后
...you have a claim that is legal to her fortune after all.
你却有权继承她的财产
Does she?
是吗?
But nothing can bring Norma back, can it?
但一切都无法让诺尔玛复活了 对吗?
Non.
嗯
Nothing can bring back Mademoiselle Norma.
一切都无法让诺尔玛小姐复活了
Constable!
警员!
Norma!
诺尔玛!
But you're dead.
但你已经死了啊
I saw you dead.
我看见你死了
You saw what you wanted to see.
你看见的是你想看见的
Messieurs-dames,
女士们先生们
it is now the time for Poirot to unveil to you the truth.
波罗为你们揭秘真♥相♥的时刻到了
When Mademoiselle Restarick drew her bath this evening,
在今晚雷斯塔里克小姐去浴室时
Mademoiselle Cary saw this as the opportunity irresistible
凯瑞小姐发现重现
of replicating the circumstances of the suicide of her mother.
她母亲自杀情形的机会来了
But knowing this was going to happen, I took a precaution.
但我早已预见了这事并做了预防措施
You were observed by Monsieur David Baker entering the bathroom with a pillow.
大卫·贝克先生发现你拿着枕头走进了浴室
Why?
为什么?
In order to smother her.
为了闷死她
This is risible!
太可笑了!
Why would I ever do such a thing to my sister?
为什么我要这么对我姐姐呢?
What revenge more sweet could you have on a man who abandoned you
还有什么报复方法能比从抛弃你的父亲手中
than to steal the inheritance of his daughter who was legitimate?
把婚生的姐姐的继承权夺来更好吗?
The inheritance of your half-sister that was so privileged,
你同父异母的姐姐享有的财产
and by you, so hated!
被你继承了 真可恨
When your mother learned that Monsieur Restarick had returned to this country,
当你母亲知道雷斯塔里克先生回英国后
she went to confront him.
她去找过他
But she found there instead the impostor,
但她发现那是个冒牌货
Monsieur Robert Orwell.
是罗伯特·奥威尔先生
And, most regrettably, she shared this information with you.
最遗憾的是 她把这件事告诉了你
And recognising this as the opportunity for which you had wished so long...
而这正是你期盼已久的机会
...you, Mademoiselle Frances Cary, unbeknown to your mother,
你 弗朗西丝·凯瑞小姐 瞒着你母亲
confronted the impostor, Monsieur Orwell,
找到了这个冒牌货奥威尔先生
and insisted that he join in your plan so terrible.
坚决让他加入你可怕的计划
You wished to steal
你希望能以"自杀"的方式溺死她
the inheritance of Mademoiselle Norma
或者让她发疯
by driving her to suicide or insanity.
以此来夺得她的遗产
And in order to achieve this end...
为了让计划实现
...you had Monsieur Orwell install her
你让奥威尔先生把她安顿在
in the building of apartments that also housed Nanny Seagram -
施格兰姆保姆住的公♥寓♥里
a woman whose very presence would remind her of the guilt she felt
这个女人死在她眼前
over the suicide of her mother.
会让她想起母亲自杀给她带来的内疚
You calculated the effect that this would have on a mind so fragile,
你计算好了这将给她敏感的回忆带来的影响
and you, as the actress with aspirations, of course you would play the part
而你 作为心怀美梦的演员 你当然会扮演
of the friend so loving and so supportive, huh?
讨人喜欢的支持朋友的角色 对吗?
Pauvre Mademoiselle Norma Restarick,
可怜的诺尔玛·雷斯塔里克小姐
who was now so frail,
现在如此的脆弱
had become your prey.
变成了你的猎物
You! Of course, you were always there for her...
你! 当然 你一直在那儿陪她
Norma, would you like me to come and sit with you?
诺尔玛 你要让我进来陪陪你吗?
...provoking memories that were painful!
挑起那些痛苦的回忆!
Who would like ice cream?
谁要吃冰淇淋?
You even planned to steal away the young man who tried to give to her existence
你甚至计划夺走想给她真爱和希望的
real love and hope.
年轻小伙子
But this campaign
但这次挑战
against the psyche of Mademoiselle Norma Restarick
诺尔玛·雷斯塔里克小姐心理的行动
reached its climax so inglorious in the murder of Nanny Seagram.
在谋杀施格兰姆保姆的事件上达到了高♥潮♥
It was no accident that
诺尔玛·雷斯塔里克如你所愿地
Mademoiselle Norma Restarick felt responsible for her mother!
想起了她的母亲!
You orchestrated this conviction with precision!
这是你精心安排算计的!
Your plan...
你的计划
...depended on two knives that were... identical.
主要靠两把...一模一样的刀
The first knife, you left in her room where you knew she would look.
第一把 你放在她肯定能看到的房♥间的某处
And then, before the party,
然后 派对之前
before Mademoiselle Restarick could reach her,
雷斯塔里克小姐去找施格兰姆保姆前
you sealed the fate so brutally... of Nanny Seagram, who was helpless.
你残忍♥地杀害了无助的施格兰姆保姆
And left behind there the second knife.
然后在那里留下了第二把刀
Once you had learned that Mademoiselle Norma Restarick had discovered the body,
你一知道诺尔玛·雷斯塔里克发现了尸体
simply you had to remove the first knife, that Mademoiselle Norma had left in her drawer.
就立刻藏起了诺尔玛小姐留在抽屉的第一把刀
And now, with her mind in a state of total confusion,
而现在 她的记忆彻底混乱了
Mademoiselle Norma Restarick was fully convinced that she had committed the act.
诺尔玛·雷斯塔里克小姐坚信自己犯下了罪行
And she was headed now perhaps towards the suicide.
也许现在她就打算要自杀了
But when she confessed to the murder, the result would be the same.
但当她认罪时 结果也是一样
She would hang.
她会被处死
And when she was released from prison this morning, there was only one option open to you.
当她今早从监狱里释放时 你别无选择了
To hurry along her death. But I,
只有加快她的死期 但我
Hercule Poirot, had promised to himself to save her!
赫尔克里·波罗 答应过要救她!
And the only way I could do this...
对此我唯一能做的
...was to kill her before you could.
就是在你之前...杀死她
I had no part in this, Poirot. Liar!
我根本没参与这些 波罗 骗子!
In the murder of Nanny Seagram, monsieur, non,
在杀害施格兰姆保姆一案中 先生 你没参与
for, en effet, you had provided for yourself an alibi that night.
因为你有那晚不在场证明
But I did wonder why someone wanted to be somewhere else, in a manner so obvious,
但我想知道为什么有人会在谋杀当晚
on the night of the murder.
特地出现在别处
That night you were here, you knew what was going to happen?
你在这里的那晚 你知道会发生什么?
Naturellement. How?
当然 怎么知道的?
Because the killer was his accomplice,
因为杀人犯是他的同谋
Mademoiselle Frances Cary!
弗朗西丝·凯瑞小姐!
Excuse me a moment.
打断一下
Can you explain why one of them decided it was necessary to attack me?
你能解释下为什么他们中的一个要袭击我吗?
Ah, well... madame,
好吧 夫人
all this hinges on a letter that was written by Nanny Seagram.
这都是因为施格兰姆保姆写的那封信
She could endure the pretence that Monsieur Orwell was Monsieur Restarick,
她可以容忍♥奥威尔先生伪装成雷斯塔里克先生
but the sheer wickedness of this new conspiracy proved too much for her.
却她发现这场邪恶的计划慢慢偏离了计划
So, she wrote to you a letter, did she not, monsieur,
于是 她写了一封信给你 对吗 先生?
threatening to denounce you if you did not desist?
威胁说如果你不停止的话就要告发你
And, in order to protect herself from your retribution,
此外 为了保护自己不被你报复
剧集 | 大侦探波洛(1989) | 导航列表