Ma foi! Is it a crime to like a pretty girl?
天啊 爱上漂亮姑娘也是犯罪了吗?
Tell to me.
告诉我吧
We went for a walk together once.
我们有一次一起散步
It was nice.
很棒
She's nice.
她很好
I liked her hair.
我喜欢她的头发
She had lovely dark hair.
她的头发颜色很深 很漂亮
And her clothes.
还有她的衣服
Mother's were old-fashioned, but hers were nice.
妈妈的衣服都老土了 但是她的很好看
And she's kind.
她很善良
So she came to Broadhinny?
那么她去布罗德亨尼了吗?
Yes, on estate agent business.
是的 做房♥地♥产♥代理业务
And you what, you took her to the pictures
然后呢 你就带她去看电影了?
or perhaps a meal?
还是去吃饭了?
No.
没
No, sir, I didn't have any money.
没有 我当时没钱
We just walked.
我们就是走了走
Bumped into that writer chap. Mr Upward.
遇到了那个作家 厄普沃德先生
Maude said I should talk to him about my poems.
莫德说我应该跟他聊聊我写的诗
Your poems? Yeah.
你写的诗? 是啊
I write these little poems.
我也会写点小诗
She asked for his autograph. She said he was famous.
她要了他的签名 她说他的名气很大
Robin Upward. That's him, yeah.
罗宾·厄普沃德 对 就是他
Maude said I could be famous one day if I stick at it.
莫德说我要是坚持 总有一天能出名
And this was just a little while before Mrs McGinty was killed?
不久之后麦金蒂太太就被杀了?
Yeah, it was on a Monday. She died on Wednesday.
是啊 那天是周一 她周三死的
I wish to ask you something else, Monsieur Bentley.
我想问你点别的事情 宾特利先生
Mrs McGinty, she took the Sunday Comet?
麦金蒂太太 她拿了周日彗星报吗?
That's right. Did you ever read her Sunday Comet?
对的 那你读过她的周日彗星报吗?
No. I...
没 我…
I was brought up to believe it was trash.
我从小就讨厌那玩意
So you did not see it that week? No.
就是说你那周也没看? 没
And Mrs McGinty, did she speak of anything
那麦金蒂太太有没有提过
that she read that Sunday?
她周日读到什么了?
She did, yeah. Yeah, she was full of it. She went on and on.
她提了 对对 她一直在讲 一直在讲
All right, now, this is very important, so please to be careful.
行 接下来这点很重要 请想清楚了
What did she say?
她具体说了什么?
It was about some ancient murder case.
是说个很老的谋杀案
Craig. Maybe not.
克雷格 好像不是
Conway?
是康维吗?
No, I can't recall.
不对 我想不起来了
She said someone connected with it
她说和那个案子有关的一个人
is living in Broadhinny now.
现在就住在布罗德亨尼
Did she say who? Well...
她说了是谁了吗? 这个…
It was his mother, wasn't it?
那就是他妈妈 对吧?
Whose?
谁的妈妈?
The chap we were just talking about. The writer chap.
就是我们刚说到的 那个作家的妈妈
Madame Upward?
厄普沃德夫人?
Yeah, yeah, I think so.
对 对 就是她
Or was it someone else?
还是另有其人?
I wasn't really listening to her.
我没注意听
It is disheartening to reflect, Monsieur,
先生 现在想来最痛心的就是
that if you are hanged,
如果你被绞死了
it is because you do not pay the proper attention to the people with whom you converse!
就是因为你从来都不留心和你说话的人!
I... I don't want to be hanged, sir.
我…我可不想被绞死啊 先生
I haven't done anything.
我什么都没做
It's my mind, it wanders, all right?
就是我的脑袋 老是走神 好吧?
Just... just do what you can.
您就…您就尽力吧
Please.
求您了
Why, Superintendent, should a woman
告诉我 警长 为什么一个女人
keep a photograph of herself when she is young?
要留着自己年轻时候的照片呢?
Vanity.
虚荣吧
Oui.
有道理
She has been a pretty girl, so she keeps a photograph of herself
她曾风姿绰约 所以留着一张照片
to remind her what a pretty girl she used to be,
提醒自己曾经多么美丽
when the mirror, it says to her things most distressing.
但镜中的自己却让人心碎
If Eve Carpenter or Shelagh Rendell,
如果伊娃·卡彭斯或者希拉·伦德尔
both women who are most attractive,
两个非常漂亮的人
had a photograph such as this,
都有这么一张照片
they would tear it into pieces very quickly for fear someone should see it. Non.
她们肯定会直接把它扯碎以防别人看见 不对
Your reason of vanity we may discount.
你说的虚荣站不住脚
Let us take another reason.
再想个理由
Sentiment. The memory of someone you love.
感伤 对恋人的回忆
Did anybody love Lily Gamboll at that age?
有人爱过那个年纪的莉莉·甘博尔吗?
Surely the whole point about Lily Gamboll
当然没有 莉莉·甘博尔
is that she was a child that was not loved.
那时就是个没人要的孩子
This child of the slums.
她只不过是个贫民窟里的小孩
So I conclude it was not sentiment either.
所以我认为 也不是感伤
Look here, Poirot, what you're saying is that nobody would have kept that photo?
波罗 你是说没有人会保留那张照片?
Exactement, mon ami.
正是 我的朋友
But someone did. Mrs Upward admitted she'd seen it.
但肯定有人保留了 厄普沃德太太说她看见过
But had she?
但她真的见过吗?
Dash it all, Poirot, you said she had.
该死 波罗 是你说她看见过的
Yes, but I believe that she was lying.
是啊 但我现在相信她是在说谎
She knows the photograph,
她确实知道那张照片
yes, but she pointed to the other one.
是的 但是她指的是另一张
For to create a screen of smoke.
放了个烟幕弹
Why? Was she being blackmailed?
为什么呢? 她是被人勒索了吗?
She was a wealthy woman.
她可有钱了
Madame Upward had seen something.
厄普沃德太太肯定是看到什么了
She intends contacting the person concerned at the first opportunity.
她打算第一时间联♥系♥有关的人
And the first opportunity was when Robin Upward went to the theatre.
机会就是当罗宾·厄普沃德去剧院的时候
Hercule Poirot.
赫尔克里·波罗
I shall be there first thing tomorrow.
我明天一早就去那
I know I shouldn't,
我知道不该去
but I do.
但还是要去
He's just too persuasive. He asks me and I can't say no.
他太有说服力了 我没办法拒绝他
Mademoiselle Sweetiman,
斯维蒂曼小姐
it is vital that you tell to Poirot who "he" is.
告诉波罗"他"是谁 这很重要
Joe. Joe Burch.
是乔 乔·伯奇
The husband of the niece of Mrs McGinty?
麦金蒂侄女的丈夫?
And you have met him on the night of the murder?
你在案发当晚见过他?
I saw someone going into Laburnums. I think it was a woman.
我看见有人进了拉布耐姆 我以为是个女人
Sorry I'm late, sweetheart.
对不起 我迟到了 亲爱的
The Major said I had to tell you.
少校说我一定要告诉你
Monsieur Upward. Your play, it goes well?
厄普沃德先生 您的剧本 写的怎么样啊?
Er, well, no, to be honest.
呃 其实 老实说 不太好
I was just having a little break.
我稍微歇了会
Well, I must persist.
不过 我一定得坚持
I feel it's what poor old Madre would have wanted.
我觉得可怜的母亲肯定想让我坚持下去
By the way, I hope my typing is not too noisy for you.
对了 我希望我打字的声音没吵到你
Pardon? My typing!
什么? 我打字的声音!
I hope it's not too noisy. Non, non.
希望不是太吵 没有 没有
It's just I can't stay at Laburnums on my own.
我只是不能一个人呆在拉布耐姆了
Where is it?
哪去了?
What is it you look for, Madame?
您找什么呢 太太?
It's the Ministry of Agriculture form about the bloody pig.
找农业部的表格 关于那该死的猪的
Got it.
找到了
Madame Rendell.
伦德尔太太
S'il vous plaite, Madame.
您好 夫人
May I ask of you something?
我能问您个事吗?
Did Madame Upward telephone to you on the day of her death?
厄普沃德太太死的那天 给你打过电♥话♥吗?
Yeah.
打过
At what time?
什么时候?
Mrs Scott, the housekeeper, took the message.
管家斯科特太太 她记的留言
Ask her.
问她去
And what was the message?
那留言的内容是什么?
Was it perhaps to ask you to go there that evening?
是不是要你当天晚上到她那里去?
Yes.
是的
But I'm ashamed to say, I...
不过说来惭愧 我…
剧集 | 大侦探波洛(1989) | 导航列表