剧集 | 最后的阿拉斯加(2015) | 导航列表
你清理你的杆真好,
You clean off your pole real good,
让你的诱饵看起来很大,去掉上面的霜,
make your bait look big, get the frost off it,
所以看起来很新鲜
so it looks like it's fresh,
几乎跌落到光秃秃的地面,
kind of get down almost to bare ground,
把它踢一点,这样任何东西都会从这里经过
kick it up a little bit so that anything coming by here
看到了,嘿,这里发生了什么事,
sees that, hey, something has gone on here,
它可能值得一试,
and it might be worth checking out,
看看还有没有吃的
see if there's any food left.
这条线上的第一个陷阱,空的,
first trap of the day on this line, empty,
但你必须保持开放,
but you've got to keep it up and open,
如果它们没有设置就无法捕捉
and can't catch if they're not set.
我在阿♥拉♥斯加打猎和捕鱼长大
I grew up hunting and fishing in Alaska.
我真的带着我过去的经历,
I'm really bringing my past experiences with me,
我希望其中一些转移过来,
and I'm hoping some of it transfers over,
我可以在这里使用它
and I'll be able to use it out here,
但这对我来说是一个全新的世界
but this is a whole new world for me.
好吧,这是我在这条线上的最后一个陷阱,它是空的,
Well, this is my last trap on this line, and it's empty,
但上次我在这里抓到一只貂,
but last time I caught a marten here,
另一只貂过来把它偷走了
another marten come by and stole it away.
只剩下一点断脚,
all that was left, a little bit of the foot,
刮风下雪,
and it had been windy and snowing,
所以我无法追踪到它,
so I couldn't track it down,
但是今天,我看到了很多新鲜的信♥号♥♥,
but today, I'm seeing a lot of fresh sign,
既然它们不在陷阱里,
and since they're not in the trap,
它们在吃另一只貂,
They're eating on that other marten,
所以我会关注一些新鲜的痕迹
so I'll follow some of these fresher tracks
看看我能不能找到那个
and see if I can find that one.
当另一只动物从你的陷阱里偷走一只动物时,
When another animal steals an animal out of your trap,
你去找它,因为你能越快
You go find it because the sooner you can
把它从它们手中夺走,
get it out of their possession,
它们越早在你的陷阱里找到你的诱饵来吃
the sooner they're going to find your bait in your trap to eat.
这里有东西象是成瘾毒品
something was drug along here.
我可以看到痕迹 我想它是这样走的
I can see tracks. I think he went this way.
它们会在这里互相吃食
They'll cannibalize each other out here.
这里的大多数小动物,当它变冷时,
most small animals out here, when it gets cold,
它们钻进雪地里
They burrow down into the snow.
它们挖了一个小坑,
They dig out a little hollow,
它们的体温使那个区域变暖
and their body heat warms that area.
如果它们得到松鼠或兔子,
If they get a squirrel or rabbit,
大到不能一口气吃完的东西,
something too big to eat in one sitting,
它们会把它挖地洞藏起来,然后再回来
They'll burrow it away and come back to it.
希望,我至少可以拿回我的貂皮的一部分
hopefully, I can at least get part of my marten back.
它们会坐在那里吃那只貂
They're going to sit there and eat that marten
只要它们可以
for as long as they can.
你越早把它拿走,
the sooner you take it away,
它们越早进入你的陷阱
the sooner they have to go to your trap.
这条小路肯定会在这里拖一段时间
This trail definitely drags along here for a while.
你真的可以看到它在哪里拖着重物
You can really see where it was dragging something heavy.
它的脚印很深,打滑的痕迹就在这里
his tracks are deep, and the skid mark follows right here.
这里有很多痕迹,
There's a lot of tracks right through here,
一小块树
little patch of trees.
我完全可以理解,为什么黑莫在这里对貂的表现如此出色
I can definitely see why Heimo does so well on marten out here.
有很多迹象
There's a lot of sign.
诱捕都是反复试错
trapping is all trial and error.
你永远不会知道什么是有效的
You'll never find out what works
除非你发现什么没有
unless you find out what doesn't.
黑莫在将近 40 年前开设了这条线
Heimo opened this line up close to 40 years ago.
他告诉我在这里取得成功
He told me that being successful out here
就像在其他地方取得成功一样
is like being successful everywhere else.
你必须投入工作
You've got to put in the work.
就在这里,我看到了长长的羽毛状霜晶
right here, I see long feathery frost crystals.
来自它们的呼吸,只是它们呼吸中的水分
It's from them breathing, just the moisture in their breath.
它们一直在,在这里待了一段时间,
They've been hanging out, been here a while,
而现在,
and right now,
我从这里看不到任何拖曳轨迹,
I'm not seeing any drag tracks away from here,
所以我可能不得不找出这个洞穴
so I might have to get down into this burrow.
是的,这里还有一块毛皮
yeah, There's another piece of fur right here.
我想它在这里,所以我要试试
I think he's in here, so I'm going to try
一块一块地拿出来,这样我就不会错过整个事情了
and take it out piece by piece, so I don't miss the whole thing.
是的,它们在这些树枝下面
yeah, they get underneath these branches
因为树枝撑起了雪,
because the branches hold the snow up,
它造出了一个袋状
and it kind of creates a pocket
它们更容易挖隧♥道♥的地方
where it's easier for them to tunnel.
哦,哦,有东西
oh, oh, There's something.
哦耶
oh, yeah.
就在那里
there it is.
剩下的不多了
There's not much left of it,
但总比空手回家要好
but it's better than going home empty-handed.
它被一只前脚挂在这里
It was hanging up here by a front foot.
它们走过来抓住了它
They came along and grabbed him
把它一路跟着到这里
and drug him all the way out here.
伙计,太惨了
man, too bad.
这真是一只漂亮的黑貂
That's a real nice dark marten.
真的是很好的皮毛
It's a real good fur.
半只貂比没有貂好
half a marten is better than no marten.
我会认为这是成功的,一半的成功
I'll consider that a success, half a success.
皮草可能不多,但现在,你有机会了
It may not be much in fur, but now, you've got a chance
很快就抓住了另一个
at catching the other one all that much sooner.
好的
all right.
我希望在上面打洞更容易
I wish it would be easier to make holes in it.
那是一个
That's one.
我从我表弟那里得到了这张海豹皮
I got this sealskin from my cousin.
很好
It's good.
我要用它来做 科比 的东西
I'm going to make Colby something out of it.
我是和爸爸一起打猎长大的
I grew up hunting with my dad.
在岛上,我们捕猎海豹、海象和鲸鱼
on the island, we hunt for seals, walrus, whales.
我爸爸常说,“当你像这样拉海豹皮时,
my dad always say, "when you're putting sealskins like this,
如果能像吉他一样演奏音乐,那就太好了”
If the string makes music like a guitar, that's good."
这是接近诱捕季节的尾声
It's towards the end of trapping season.
科林和斯科特一直很忙,
Krin and Scott have been pretty busy,
尤其是和小家伙一起,涉足一切,
especially with the little guy and getting into everything,
我认为孩子们活泼是件好事
and I think it's good for kids to get into mischief,
他们从中吸取教训,不要再这样做了
and they learn from it not to do it again.
当我们还小的时候,我和我的表兄弟们决定成为捕手,
When we were small, me and my cousins decided to be trappers,
他们告诉我们不要,
and they told us not to,
当然,我和他从不听
and, of course, me and him never listen.
我们只是打开一个陷阱
We'd just open a trap
把它放在地松鼠洞旁边
and set it down by the ground squirrel hole.
那时,我爸和他爸有一个狗队
at that time, my dad and his dad has a dog team.
其中一只狗松了,我们抓住了那只狗
one of the dogs got loose, and we got the dog.
我们遇到了大♥麻♥烦
We got into big trouble.
小孩会搞恶作剧的
little man is going to get into mischief.
他可能会的
He probably will.
奶奶是恶作剧
grandma was mischief.
在那里,一切都完成了
there, all done.
我喜欢 它还是湿的
I like it. it's still wet.
我想小家伙可能会得到
I think little man is going to get probably
可能是背心或靴子
a vest maybe or boots.
最后一步是把它带到外面晾干
last step is to take it outside and dry it.
杰夫!
Jaffe!
好孩子,好孩子
good boy, good boy.
今天要拉一些圆木,尝试一些新的东西?
want to pull some logs today, try something new?
我以前没有用它们工作这么久,
I've not used them to log with before,
所以这对我来说只是一次学习经历
so it's just going to be a learning experience for me
而它们,只是一种不同的工作,
and them, just a different kind of work, you know?
我不知道结果会怎样,但是...
I don't know how it'll work out, but...
杰夫
Jaf, Jaf.
杰夫是我的首选领头者
Jaffe is my go-to leader.
它几乎是唯一一个为我领头的人
He's pretty much the only one that runs lead for me.
杰夫和我有点像,我们是合作伙伴,
Jaffe and I are kind of, like, we're partners,
剧集 | 最后的阿拉斯加(2015) | 导航列表