剧集 | 最后的阿拉斯加(2015) | 导航列表
嘿,你 想去坐下吗?
Hey, you. want to go sit down?
那里
there.
我是新来的诱捕,我从基础开始
me being new to trapping, I'm starting on the basics.
你必须从某个地方开始,
You know, you've got to start somewhere,
貂是我开始的地方
and marten is where I'm starting.
它们是小动物,所以数量众多
They're small animals, so they're densely populated
与其他一切相比
compared to everything else.
它们更容易获取,而且学习曲线更渐进一点
They're easier and a little bit more gradual learning curve.
好的,科林
all right, Krin.
-爸爸? -你知道我要去哪里
-papa? -You know where I'm heading.
好的 妈妈的老线路?
all right. mom's old line?
是的 科比,再见
yeah. Colby, bye.
-再见 -再见
-bye. -bye.
我得在房♥子里把一些猞猁解冻
I've got to get some lynx in the house to thaw out.
前几天我刚在湖边获得了这些
I just got these over at the lake the other day.
它们是我最后的冻猫
They're the last of my frozen cats.
就猞猁而言,它们是我们的主食,
as far as lynx go, they're kind of a staple of ours,
一种面包和黄油的动物,
You know, a bread-and-butter animal,
自从我们开始在这里诱捕,它们就一直在,
and they have been ever since we started trapping out here,
今年,诱捕季节要好得多
and this year, the trapping season is going way better
超出我的预期
than I expected going into it.
出于某种原因,大火没有让我留下多少小径,
for some reason, the fire kind of spared my trail,
所以我不必花很多时间在小径上面,
so I didn't have to spend a bunch of time working on that,
所以它给了我另一个诱捕更多的机会
and so it gave me an opportunity to trap more.
这个地区有很多猞猁,
there was a lot of lynx in the country,
所以我能够追上它们,我不知道
so I was able to go after them, and I don't know.
这是好的一年
It was a good year.
感觉这个冬天我收获了很多皮
felt like I did a lot of skinning this winter.
那个是银色的
that one is silvery.
很不错的一个
pretty nice one.
让我们看看这些是否准备好出去
Let's see if these are ready to go out.
是的,它们是干的
yep, they're dry.
把这些带到烟棚
take these out to the smoke shack.
当我们在这里时,你有你住的木屋,
When we're out here, you have your cabin that you live in,
但是你也总是需要在外面冷藏来储存你的毛皮,
but you always need cold storage outside, too, to store your fur,
存放你的干货和其他东西
to store your dry goods and stuff
只是保证它们的安全,
and just keep them safe,
我目前只好使用熏制室
and I'm using the smokehouse for that.
这不是一个真正适合的地方
It's not really a good place for it
因为这是我们储存食物的地方,
because this is where we store food, you know,
食物吸引老鼠,
and then food attracts mice,
老鼠可以钻进皮毛,在里面咬出洞来,
and they could get into the fur and chew holes in it,
所以我把它们都装在这里了
so I've got them all bagged up in here.
一旦它们干了,你必须把它们存放在外面,
once they're dry, you've got to store them outside,
让它们冷冻,保持新鲜
keep them frozen and just keep them fresh.
毛皮真的体积很大
fur is really bulky.
正如你所看到的,这里所有的这些包都装满了皮毛
as you can see, all of these bags here are just full of fur.
它没有任何重量,但它占用了很多空间
It doesn't weigh anything, but it takes up a lot of space.
我总是把我的皮毛挂在鼻子上
I've always hung my fur up by the nose.
如果你可以这样存储它看起来会更好
It just looks better if you can store it like that
而不是折叠起来
versus folding it up
整个冬天都放在袋子里,
and putting it in a bag all winter,
所以我必须在未来改善这种情况
so I've got to improve that situation here, in the future.
我必须完成的最后一个项目
one last project that I've got to get done
正在从树林里砍出一些原木,以便明年秋天--
is getting some logs in out of the woods so that next fall,
我可以建造一个合适的棚子,一个贮藏间,
I can build a proper shed, a cache, you know?
我和阿什利在这里做的有点混杂--
what Ashley and I are doing up here is kind of like a hybrid
开拓基地,同时诱捕
of homesteading-slash-trapping.
我们正在扎根,而且,
We're putting down roots, you know, and, I mean,
这是一项正在进行的工作,而且永远都是
It's a work in progress, and it always will be.
所以这是这里的伐木区
so this is the logging area back here.
计划是到房♥子后面的树林里
the plan is to go out into the woods behind the house
在那里,只是砍掉一些死的云杉
there and just cut down some dead standing spruce
然后就用狗把原木拖进去
and then just use the dogs to drag in the logs.
嘿,拉里
Hey, Larry.
我会有地方放我的皮毛
I'll have somewhere to put my fur
以及我们需要存储的所有其他东西,
and all the other stuff that we need to store,
所以这是我们议程上的下一件事,
so that's our next thing on the agenda,
开始运圆木
is get to logging.
准备好了吗,伙计们?
Ready, guys?
你要帮我拉一些圆木吗?
You going to help me pull some logs?
这是一个黑暗的冬天,
It's been a dark winter,
所以很高兴在阳光明媚的日子到外面
so it's nice just to be outside on a sunny day.
没有风,不太热,
no wind, it's not too hot, you know?
天气 -10度
It's, like, 10-below.
好吧,我想我将从这棵树开始,这里
Well, I think I'll start with this tree, here.
这里的木材已经烧毁了10多年,
the timber around here has been burned over 10 years ago,
所以只有一堆枯死的树,
and so there's just a bunch of dead standing trees,
所以我现在需要在它们倒下腐烂之前,砍倒它们
so I need to harvest them now before they fall over and rot.
当我们第一次搬出去的时候,我们住在--
When we first moved out here, we were living
在一个 12×12 的木屋里,只有一个房♥间,非常密杂,
in a 12-by-12 cabin, just one room, pretty cozy,
然后去年,我们建造了那个大木屋,
and then last year, we built that big log cabin,
这对我们来说是一大的进步,
which was a major step up for us, you know?
和这个棚子一样
and same thing with this shed
我要为毛皮建造屋子
that I'm going to build for the fur.
这有点像完成新的地方
It's kind of like finishing up with the new place.
我们只是在成长,只是在扩张
You know, we're just growing, just expanding.
所以你从你的树干上切了一个斜口,
so you've cut a little wedge out of your trunk,
这使得圆木变弱
and that makes the log weak
你想把它倒在哪一边,
on whichever side you want to drop it,
这就是事情的发展方向
and that's where the thing is going to go.
然后你继续砍伐
then you make your felling cut.
如果你抬头看那棵树,它摇摇欲坠
If you look up at the tree, it's teetering.
看?
see?
唯一支撑着那棵树的东西
the only thing that's holding that tree up
现在是一英寸的木头
is about an inch of wood.
对地球不再有好的抓着力了
Doesn't have much of a grip on the earth anymore.
你会听到树开始裂开的声音
and you'll hear the tree start to crack.
它已经准备好下来了
It's ready to come down.
是的,就在小径旁边,
Hell yeah, right next to the trail,
就在我想要倒的地方
right where I wanted it to be.
这是一年中在树林里工作的好时机,
It's just a great time of year to be out in the woods working,
花时间砍树
You know, spending time cutting down trees
并准备好构建你需要的东西
and getting ready to build something that you need.
我喜欢它,我喜欢在树林里
I love it. I love to be out in the woods.
我想我还是和以前一样
I guess I'm still the same way as I was
当我第一次来到这里时
When I first came out here.
我喜欢与大自然有如此亲密的联♥系♥
I love to have such an intimate connection with nature.
这只是好,干净,实在的工作
It's just good, clean, honest work.
我想我们已经准备好连接这里了
I guess we're ready to hook up here,
希望这些狗能胜任这项任务
and hopefully, the dogs are just up for the task.
那只乌鸦在转,转,转,
that raven is just circling, circling, circling,
到处都是狼迹
and there are wolf tracks everywhere.
鸟能告诉你很多
birds tell you a lot.
我会告诉你什么
I'll tell you what.
除了家人,我生命中最大的爱好
besides family, my biggest loves in life
是诱捕、狩猎和观鸟
are trapping, hunting, and bird-watching.
我一直很感兴趣,从小到大,
I've always been intrigued, since I was a little kid,
观鸟方面,总看到,
about bird-watching, always,
许多不同种类,
the many different kind of species,
它们做什么,一切,
what they do, everything, you know?
我心想,
I've thought to myself, you know,
当我坐在峭壁或类似的东西上时,
When I'm sitting on a bluff or something like that,
“天啊,做一只鸟就1小时,这太棒了,
"god, it'd be something to be a bird just for 1 hour,
只是张开翅膀 跳下峭壁
just to kind of just spread your wings and jump off the bluff
只是一种滑翔,拍打你的翅膀
and just kind of glide around, flap your wings
就把所有的事都看一遍”
and look at things all over."
那将是世界上最靠近的事情
that'd be the neatest thing in the world to do.
黑莫一直在说,“让它看起来像发生了什么事”
Heimo keeps saying, "make it look like something happened."
对于貂来说,他向我展示了如何正确设置杆组
He showed me, for marten, really how to do a pole set right.
剧集 | 最后的阿拉斯加(2015) | 导航列表