剧集 | 最后的阿拉斯加(2015) | 导航列表
给你煮点吃的
cook you up some food.
我这就去清理一下
I'm just going to clean this off quick.
好的?
okay?
我只是在清理这装置,这个陷阱上的雪
I'm just cleaning off this set, the snow off this trap
所以它会工作
so it'll work.
昨晚,一口气下了4英寸厚的雪,
last night, we got like 4 inches of snow in one shot,
所以这就是为什么你必须继续清理装置上的雪
so that's why you got to keep cleaning the snow off the sets.
你知道我的意思?
You know what I mean?
貂只会踩到它,然后它就不会动作,
the marten will just step on it, and then it won't fire,
然后它不会抓住动物,
and then it won't catch the animal,
所以这就是它的方式
so this is the way it goes.
现在开始下一组
now off to the next set.
这是一年中我们从诱捕中赚钱的时候
This is the time of year where we make our money from trapping.
埃德娜在房♥子周围找到了她的小径,
Edna's got her trails around the house,
然后我就这样出去了,
and then I go way out like that,
所以我们总是在路上
and so we're just always on the go.
维护陷阱,我在诱捕,
maintaining the traps, I'm trapping,
我同时在打猎
and I'm hunting all at the same time.
看到这么大的雪了吗?
see all that big snow?
对于这个地区来说,这是一场大雪,
I mean, for this country, this is big snow, you know?
任何超过膝盖的东西都是很多雪
anything over knee-deep is a lot of snow.
这对驼鹿来说不算什么,
This is nothing for a moose,
但对于一个人来说,这已经很多了
but for a human being, this is a lot.
这真是太多了
This is a heck of a lot.
深雪把你搞砸了
deep snow screws you up.
它掩盖了驼鹿的足迹,
I mean, it covers up the moose tracks,
它只是让我们很难到达驼鹿所在的地方
and it just makes it hard to get to where the moose are.
我还没有找到驼鹿,这有点令人沮丧,
It is kind of frustrating that I haven't found a moose yet,
但是科林去年秋天得到了一头驼鹿,
but Krin got a moose last fall,
所以如果需要的话,我们总能从她那里得到一条驼鹿腿
so we could always get a leg of moose from her if need be.
在财务上,这真的让我们退缩了
financially, this really put us back.
你花了一半的时间打猎
You're spending half your time hunting
当你应该正诱捕的时候
When you're supposed to be trapping
为自己提供收入,
to provide yourself an income,
所以我必须更加努力地弥补这一点,
so I got to work harder to make up for that,
--为现在已经失去的时间
for the lost time now.
好的 我们在陷阱里有一只貂
okay. we got a marten in the trap.
这很好
This is good. you know what I mean?
这真是太好了
This is real good.
现在我必须重置陷阱,现在工作开始了
now I got to reset the trap, and now the work starts.
这仅仅是开始
This is just the beginning.
那里
there.
好的
okay.
让我们去下一个
let's go to the next one.
把所有的雪都擦干净
clean all the snow off.
使用爸爸的旧杆组之一
use one of dad's old pole sets.
它有点松
It's a little bit loose.
动物可能会上来把它撞倒,
the animal might come up and knock it down,
所以你只需要拧紧一点
so you just got to tighten it a bit,
确保它不会移♥动♥太多
make sure it doesn't move very much.
除此之外,她做得还不错
other than that, she did pretty good.
自从我运行陷阱线以来,已经很多很多年了
It's been many, many years since I've ran a trapline.
我甚至诱捕已经超10年了,
It's been over 10 years that I've even trapped,
但这就像骑自行车
but it's like riding a bike.
你就去做吧
You just do it.
从小就做诱捕
been trapping ever since I was little.
我会和爸爸出去
I'd go out with my dad.
然后当我长大了,我会有自己的线路,
then when I was older, I'd have my own line,
所以我知道所有的技巧
so I knew all the tricks.
在这里,它只是带回了回忆
being out here, it just brings back memories
就像我小时候一样
just like when I was a kid.
我已经能够去打猎,去诱捕
I've been able to go hunting, go trapping.
我知道斯科特的目标是 15只貂
I know that Scott has a goal of 15 marten.
我有一个更大的动物的目标-
I have a goal of bigger animals --
狼,狼獾,
the wolf, the wolverine,
那些需要更多技术才能捕捉的东西
ones that take a little bit more technique to catch.
然后我们进入下一个
then we go onto the next one.
大的动物更难获得
bigger animals are a lot harder to get.
机会不多,
It's not so much chance,
但是如果你去有活动的地方
but if you go to where there's activity
而你围绕它,你更有可能得到一些东西,
and you set around that, you're more likely to get something,
但你只需要找到它们
but you just got to find them.
我很确定这里发生了什么事
I'm pretty sure there's something going on right here,
因为周围有很多乌鸦
'cause there's a lot of ravens around.
这是一块骨头,
Here's a bone,
带有皮毛的腿骨
a leg bone with some hair.
是的
yeah.
狼群追赶一头驼鹿
the wolves chased down a moose
然后咬了腿,就这样摔断了骨头
and bit the leg, broke the bone like that.
看那个
look at that.
只有相当强壮的下巴和牙齿
pretty strong jaws and teeth
能够做到这一点
to be able to do that.
我很确定这里有狼猎杀了
I'm pretty sure that there's a wolf kill back in here
狼杀了驼鹿的地方,所以我要去看看
where the wolves killed a moose, so I'm going to go take a look.
如果我能找到猎杀,我可以绕过它
If I can find the kill, I can set around it
给我捉一只狼
and catch me a wolf.
我第一次看到狼杀死驼鹿,
the first time I ever saw wolves kill a moose,
我大概八♥九♥岁,
I was like 8 or 9,
这非常可怕
and it was pretty gruesome.
当狼追赶驼鹿时,它们会去颈静脉,
When wolves chase down a moose, they go for the jugular vein,
所以当狼群咬它的时候,你可以看到大量的鲜血喷涌而出
so when they bite that, you can see the big blood spurts
遍布树木
all over the trees.
那时我才真正意识到
and that's when I really realized
有时大自然是多么的严酷
that how harsh nature can be sometimes.
但爸爸解释说它们是肉食者
but dad explained that they're meat eaters.
狼群就是这样做的 这是自然的一部分
That's what they do. it's part of nature.
狼不会只捕食病的、年老体弱的
the wolves don't go for just the sick and the old, the weak.
不 它们什么都捕猎
no. they take anything.
那只可怜的驼鹿正在打一场必败的仗,
that poor moose is fighting a losing battle,
它知道,
and he knows it,
因为你知道它们害怕到最后一秒
'cause you know that they're scared to the last second.
这将是一种可怕的死亡方式,被狼撕裂
It would be a terrible way to die, torn apart by wolves.
好的
all right.
好吧,我要去给狗做鱼
Well, I'm going to go cook fish for the dogs.
好的
okay.
嘿,拉里
Hey, Larry.
我们去拿些鱼
let's go get some fish.
在这里养狗真好,因为你可以喂它们
It's nice to have dogs out here, because you can feed them
你可以采用从陆地上捕获的东西,
the stuff that you can catch from the land, you know?
你可以捕到鱼,这是它们的主要饮食,
You can catch fish, and that's the mainstay of their diet,
然后你可以用所有的动物尸体来补充它
and then you can supplement it with all the carcasses
你一年四季都在诱捕,
that you catch throughout the year trapping,
所以这让它们保持强大
so that keeps them going strong.
所以,这就是我们今年秋天捕到的所有鱼
so, this is all the fish that we caught this fall.
通常使用大约13或14条来制♥作♥一批狗粮
usually use about 13 or 14 to make a batch of dog food.
让我们来看看 五条
let's see. five.
六条
six.
这将持续三四天
that'll last for three or four days.
是的 它们需要更多的卡路里,每年的这个时候
yeah. they need more calories this time of year
因为它们在小径上努力工作,拉着雪橇,
'cause they're working hard on the trails, pulling the sled,
所以你把你放进去的东西拿出来,
so you get out of them what you put into them,
就像人一样
just like people.
这条鱼冻得很硬
This fish gets frozen really hard
外面冷的时候
When it's cold out.
需要相当多的时间才能将它们分开
takes quite a bit to split them up.
不,拉里
no, Larry.
这是今晚的晚餐,
This is for tonight's dinner,
不是零食
not for snacks.
我只是把它填满
I just fill it up
直到我不能再把鱼放在那里,基本上
till I can't put fish in there anymore, basically.
剧集 | 最后的阿拉斯加(2015) | 导航列表