剧集 | 最后的阿拉斯加(2015) | 导航列表
and also, There's a big appeal to going in a new country.
我喜欢探索一个我从未涉足过的领域
I mean, I love exploring an area that I've never been in.
总是有动力,越过下一个山脊
There's always an incentive to go over that next ridge
或者绕过你从未涉足过的河流--
or go around the bend of a river that you've never been on --
再弯一个弯
go one more bend.
嘿,有一只水獭 看那个
Hey, There's an otter. look at that.
在这一点上看对了吗?
see right on that point?
嗯,这很酷
huh, that's cool.
实际上,我一生中只见过少数几个
I've only seen a handful of them in my life, actually.
是的,这太棒了
yeah, it's amazing.
-40以下,水獭可以进出水--
It's 40 below and that otter is able to go in and out
,舒服地
of the water, like, comfortably.
喜欢...
like...
“肯定是温暖的”
"sure is warm."
如果我掉进那条河里而无法烤火,
If I was to fall in that river and couldn't get, you know,
20分钟内无法烤火,我就死了
to a fire in 20 minutes, I'd be dead.
我已经破冰几次了,都不好
I've broken through ice a few times, and it's not good.
当它发生时,它是非常可怕的
It's pretty scary when it happens.
我要测试这个过河点
I'm gonna test this crossing spot.
它看起来像一个旧的僵局或海狸水坝
It looks like an old logjam or beaver dam.
如你所见,这条河还没有完全结冰
as you can see, the river's not completely frozen up yet.
边上有一点水
There's a little bit of water right on the edge.
所以,边缘,当有溢出时,
so, the edge, when there's overflow,
永远是你可以通过的地方
is always the spot where you can go through
有时它真的很深
and sometimes it's really deep.
所以在这里,再一次,是你要经过的地方
so right here, again, is where you'd go through.
这一切在这里都很安全
This is all safe here.
我知道鲍勃的到这里的某个地方的小径
I know the trail that Bob had goes back here somewhere.
我会试着找到一条穿过这把灌木丛的路线
I'm gonna just try to find a route through this brush
没有雪鞋和背包
without the snowshoes and backpack.
我喜欢尝试发现古老的小径并找到它们
I like trying to discover old trails and find them
并重新打开它们
and reopen them up.
你一直在寻找任何小迹象
You're constantly hunting for any little sign.
很多这就像狩猎本身
a lot of it's like hunting itself.
一对新鲜的猞猁痕迹
fresh pair of lynx tracks.
这里有相当多
There's quite a bit of it around here.
这是一个好信♥号♥♥
That's a good sign.
大自然不会花很长时间,才能重新开垦一个地区
It doesn't take that long for nature to reclaim an area.
如果我在这个季节,找不到鲍勃的小径,
If I don't find Bob's trails this season,
树木只会长大,并完全消失
They would just grow in and be totally gone.
我知道小径--
I know the trail that Bob had
鲍勃回到这里的某个地方,
goes back here somewhere,
所以我可能会试着从灌木丛中找到它
so I might just try to find it up here out of the brush.
它可能更明显
It might be more obvious.
当鲍勃通过他的陷阱线时,那是,嗯,大约四天
When Bob passed his trapline on, it was, um, about four days
在他去世之前,
before he passed away, and he,
我猜,那个时候他就知道马上就要死了...
I guess, knew at that time that he was going to die shortly...
看起来这些树是用斧头砍的
looks like these trees have been cut with an ax.
...所以它让我想找到
...so it makes me want to find
那条小径,更是如此
that trail, you know, all the more.
我有自己的小径,我已经来回的
I've had trails of my own that I've gone back to
几年后 - 可能很难找到
a few years later that are -- can be hard to find.
每年的一切看起来都不一样
You know, everything looks different every year.
我正在寻找的大事是燃烧的树木
big thing I'm looking for is blazed trees
然后是树枝被砍掉的树
and then trees where the limbs have been taken off
在小径的一侧
on the side that the trail's on.
在这种木材上切出一条线
You know, to cut a line out in this kind of timber
需要很多时间和努力--
takes a lot of time and hard work --
这是现代追踪中最难的部分
It's the hardest part about modern tracking
砍出你的小径
is cutting your trails.
所以,鲍勃的陷阱线--
so, Bob's trapline --
作为捕手,这将是一件非常有价值的事情
that would be a very valuable thing, as a trapper, to find.
这可能就在这里
This might be it right here.
我想这棵树上着火了
I think there's a blaze on this tree.
哦,酷
oh, cool.
所以,这是一场大火--这只是一个切口
so, this is a blaze -- it's just a cut
你会用你的斧头做的
that you would make with your ax.
实际上,它会持续很长时间-
It's something that, actually, stays for a really long time --
比实际足迹要长得多
a lot longer than the actual trail will.
所以如果这只是用灌木丛长出来的,我会找到这个的
so if this just grew in with brush, I'd find this.
一种方式来判断这是一场大火
one way to tell this is a blaze
而不仅仅是树上的自然伤疤 你可以--
and not just a natural scar on the tree is you can --
看到这两行了吗?
see these two lines right here?
那是从斧头的刀片实际挖入木头,
That's from the blade of the ax actually digging into the wood,
它们都在同一个方向,
and they're both in the same direction,
所以我知道这不只是自然的,嗯,
so I know this isn't just a natural, um, you know,
熊擦伤留下的疤痕
scar from a bear swiping it
或另一棵树倒在它旁边
or another tree falling down next to it.
所以,我们在路上
so, we are on course.
我是听着关于鲍勃的故事长大的
I grew up hearing stories about Bob.
我爸爸告诉我很多关于他的事
my dad told me a lot about him.
认识他的时候不知道自己几岁
I don't know how old I was when I met him,
但可能比我记得的要年轻
but probably younger than I can remember.
在很多方面,鲍勃给了我灵感
in a lot of ways, Bob was an inspiration to me.
他在这里过上了自己的生活
He made a life of his own out here.
我对鲍勃的印象,他是一个无法被击倒的人
my image of Bob was somebody who could not be knocked down.
鲍勃从难以置信的艰辛中回来
Bob came back from pretty incredible hardships.
他最后总是带着微笑回来
and he always came back with a smile on his face in the end.
因为鲍勃确实给了我福祉,在某种意义上,
since Bob did give me his blessing, in some sense,
我真觉得,我有义务在他的小径上诱捕
I do feel I have an obligation to trap his lines.
我非常感谢,他选择我来做这件事
I'm very grateful that he chose me to do that.
我为他感到高兴--
I'm happy for him --
他的小径不会消失
that his trails aren't gonna just disappear.
有那个小径, 他进去了
there's that track. he went in there.
他正往下走
He's going down that way.
他在那儿跑
He's running there.
看看脚步声,怎么--
look at the footsteps, how --
他们在这里相距多远
how far apart they are here.
那不是走路
You know, that's just not walking.
走路会比那更近
walking would be closer than that.
而且,没有那么多-它们是间隔开的
and plus, There's not that many -They're spaced out.
你可以顺便告诉,他往哪边走
and you can tell which way he's going by the way
雪被扔了
the snow is thrown.
有什么让他害怕--
something scared him --
因为他在下面喂食,
'cause he was feeding down there,
很快,他就在这里小跑得很好
and pretty soon, he's trotting here pretty good.
所以后来有什么东西让他起飞了
so then something made him take off.
哇,好新鲜
wow, that's fresh.
他在这里闲逛
He's hanging around in here.
我会开车过去看看
I'll drive down that way and check and see
如果他这样下去
If he's down that way.
我希望他是那样的,现在可能在下面
I hope he's down that way. might be down there now.
这头驼鹿--它会供我和埃德娜食用
This moose -- it'll feed me and Edna
从冬天到明年夏天
from the winter up until next summer.
所以杀死一头驼鹿的压力很大,那么--
so that's a lot of pressure to kill a moose, then --
压力很大
a lotof pressure.
睡觉的时候脑子里想的
It's on my mind when I'm sleeping,
睡觉前,起床的第一件事
before I go to bed, and the first thing when I get up.
所以这很 - 非常必要
so it's pretty -- pretty imperative.
该死
damn.
我从山上看到的驼鹿--它来到了河边
the moose I saw from the hill -- he came to the river.
它穿过这里,但那里有开阔的水域
He crossed here, but there's that open water there
我没有办法越过它
and I got no way to cross that.
该死
damn.
所以,现在它早就走了
so, now he's long gone.
我能做些什么? 做不了
what can I do? nothing.
我想我会回去的
I think I'll head back.
等我们回到家,天已经黑了
by the time we get home, it'll be dark.
这里有兔子足迹
There's rabbit tracks in here
上面有兔屎
with rabbit turds on it.
捕猎者喜欢兔子,因为兔子给捕食者的供应量大--
剧集 | 最后的阿拉斯加(2015) | 导航列表