剧集 | 最后的阿拉斯加(2015) | 导航列表
It's a gift whenever you see the grouse come into the yard, you know,
因为你会稍微改变一下饮食,而且它们很美味
cos you're gonna get a little change of diet and they're delicious.
这也是一个大礼物,能够听到...
It's also a huge gift to be able to hear...
我宝宝的心跳,第一次
my baby's heart for the first time.
在与松鸡完全不同的规模上,
I mean, on a totally different scale than a grouse,
比起心跳,
compared to the heart, you know.
所以,我不知道,这只是有点...
So, I dunno, it's just kinda...
生活中那些神奇的时刻之一
one of those magical moments in life.
在那里 所以我要把这个放在中间
Right there. So I'm gonna hold this right in the middle.
所以当我们快到结尾时,慢点
So when we get to the end, just go really slow.
你去吧 给我这个
There you go. Give me this one.
我们正在为我们的父亲做一个十字架,
We're making a cross for our dad,
我们要把它放在我们妈妈旁边
and we're gonna put it right beside our mom.
好吧,如果你想保住这一端,我会削掉一点
OK, if you wanna hold this end, I'm gonna cut...a point.
好的
OK.
这应该很容易进入冰冻地面
and that should go down into that frozen ground pretty easily.
我们的妈妈在我爸爸之前去世了,
Our mom passed away before my dad did,
我们在木屋里给了她一个小小的纪念,
and we had given her a little memorial here at the cabin,
撒一些她的骨灰,使她成为一座小小的纪念碑
spread some of her ashes, made her a little monument.
而我们的父亲要求同样类型的纪念,
and our dad requested the same type of memorial,
并且靠近妈妈
and to be near Mom.
这是我们父母一起特殊的团聚,
It's a special uniting of our parents together,
在他们最后的安息之地
in their final resting spot.
好的,说得好
All right. that's a good point there.
我父亲于 1960 年来到阿♥拉♥斯加,当时他 18 岁...
My dad came to Alaska in 1960, at the age of 18...
..带着他想住在树林里的想法,
..with the idea he wanted to live out in the woods,
他想靠土地生活
he wanted to live off the land.
他在阿♥拉♥斯加公路上开车,遇到了我妈妈搭便车
He was driving the Alaska Highway, and he met my mom hitchhiking.
她问他的地址,他们开始来回写信
She asked for his address, and they started writing back and forth.
他请求她来阿♥拉♥斯加做他的妻子,
and he invited her to come to Alaska and be his wife,
她接受了, 他们决定要孩子
and she accepted, and they decided they wanted to have children,
并建立了这种生活
and built this life.
好的
OK.
你觉得爸爸会开心吗?
Do you think Dad would be happy?
是的,我想他会的
Yeah, I think he would be.
像他一样坚强而粗犷
Tough and rugged like he was.
我妈妈是来自加拿大育空地区的特林吉特印第安人
My mom was a Tlingit Indian from Yukon, Canada.
而我父亲曾经和当地人住在一起
and my dad used to live with the native people.
你在任何当地村庄和内陆提到他的名字
You mention his name in any of the local villages and the Interior
他们知道他是谁,因为他还在外面
and they know who he is, because he was still going out
和狗一起诱捕
and trapping with dogs and living off the land.
他是我的英雄。 他是那个出去征服世界的人
He's my hero. he's the guy that was going out and conquering the world.
这是困难的部分
and this is the hard part.
他去世的那一天,就是一个时代的终结
The day he died is the end of an era.
当这一天发生时,这是一个非常难打的电♥话♥
That was a very hard phone call to get, when this day here happened.
关于我现在生活的生活方式的一切...
Everything about the lifestyle that I live now...
..是直接结果
..is a direct result of
我从父母那里学到的技能和知识
the skills and knowledge that I've learned from my parents.
好的
OK.
好的,所以现在,以这种方式稍微调整一下角度
OK, so now, to angle it a little this way.
哦! 这看起来很齐整
Oh! That looks amazing.
(...最棒的丈夫、父亲、外祖父)
这看起来不错? 真的,看起来很齐整
That looks good? Really, looks amazing.
所以现在...
So now...
..他们在休息...
..they're resting...
..我们还在这里
..and we're still here.
就好像他们可以通过我和我姐姐继续生活一样
It's like they get to live on through me and my sister.
他们每个都曾经从日升到日落不停的工作,
They would each work from sun up to sunset
建立了最好的生活,现在他们休息
to build the greatest life, and now they get to rest.
这是他们的终点,我们只是在继续
It is the end for them and we're just carrying it on.
我出生在离这里不远的木屋里,
I was born in a cabin not too far from here,
我是我爸爸接生的
and I was delivered by my dad.
我一直被认为是荒野的孩子
and I've always been known as a child of the wilderness.
我们的父亲鼓励我们养狗并永远住在这里
You know, our dad encouraged us to raise dogs and live out here forever.
但我想体验其他人的生活方式
But I wanted to experience how other people live.
所以,大概,20年前,我们离开了丛林,住在城里
So, probably, 20 years ago, we left the bush, to live in town.
但现在,城市生活,对我来说,
But now, city life, to me,
就像仓鼠轮上的仓鼠
represents a hamster on a hamster wheel.
你工作,然后你付账单,
You know, you work and then you pay bills,
然后你工作,你真的一无所获
and then you work, and you really don't get anywhere.
但在这里,你有点为自己而活
But out here, you kinda live for yourself.
让我们看看我们得到了什么
Let's see if we got anything.
有吗?
Anything?
没有,什么都没有 陷阱已被冰冻
Nope, nothing. Trap has been froze in.
我想我们将不得不填补这个
I think we're gonna have to fill this one.
这个,我不知道它们是否真的在使用它
This one, I dunno if they're actually using it.
它们没有使用它,所以这里的这个洞就是我所说的死洞
They're not using it. so this hole here was what I call a dead hole.
结冰后变成死洞,
It becomes a dead hole after it freezes,
由于没有使用,麝鼠不再维护这个洞了
and that lack of use, the muskrat is not maintaining the hole any more.
但我们确实还有机会在这里再设置一组,
But we do have one more chance of another set over here,
所以希望我们能有机会得到一只麝鼠
so hopefully we can have a chance to get a muskrat.
我父母教给我的最重要的一课...
The greatest lesson my parents taught me...
我爸总说,如果我问他一个问题,他会说,
My dad always had a saying. If I asked him a question, he would say,
'想办法'
'Figure it out.'
我觉得,有了这个答案,它教会了我如何解决问题
and I felt, with that answer, it has taught me how to problem solve.
它教会了我如何独♥立♥思考
and it's taught me how to think for myself.
有吗?
Anything?
啊! 哇! 我们有一个!
Ah! Whoa! we got one!
这很令人惊讶
That's surprising.
击掌! 年度第一分
High five! First score of the year.
看那个 我要擦干它的皮毛
Look at that. I'm gonna dry his fur up.
在这里用一点雪来擦干它的皮毛
Use a little bit of snow here to dry up his fur.
即使它湿了,当你把雪放在上面时,也不会结冰
Even though he's wet, when you put the snow on it, it doesn't freeze.
它只是去除水分
It just takes out the moisture.
如果我闭上眼睛,我可以想象...他,
If I close my eyes I can visualise... him,
多年前见到他
and see him back all those years ago
当我们还是小孩的时候,学习如何诱捕
when we were just little kids learning how to trap.
所以我觉得他还和我们在一起
So I feel he is still here with us.
这让我觉得我没有失去联♥系♥
It makes me feel like I haven't lost my touch.
我们不妨重置这个,我们知道这是一个好洞
We might as well reset this one, we know this is a good hole.
是的
Yeah.
我只知道,爸爸会很自豪的
All I know is, Dad would be proud.
是的
Yeah.
鹿肉准备好了
Beef's ready to go.
哦,我等不及了
Oh, I can't wait.
拿这个。哦!
Take this one. Ooh!
那里,只需一两分钟
There. it's only gonna take a minute or two.
我现在得把它烧了
I've just gotta sear it now.
哦,就这么滚烫的 我喜欢那个
Ooh, sizzling like that. I love that.
看看那里所有的脂肪都在咝咝作响
Look at all of that fat sizzling off of there.
这就是埃德娜喜欢它们的方式,像这样过火,
This is the way Edna likes them, over fire like this,
有那种烟熏味
got that smoke flavour.
它是那么好
It's so good.
今天检查了所有的陷阱,黑莫给我做了一顿大餐,
I checked all my traps today and Heimo made me a big meal,
我们会听 “陷阱线细语” 节目,并上♥床♥睡觉
and we'll listen to Trapline Chatter and go to bed.
现在你年纪大了,生日就安静了
The birthdays are quieter now that you're older.
当你有小孩的时候,你必须让他们参加一个盛大的派对
When you have little kids, you've gotta make a big party out of them.
他们都在尖叫和喊叫
They're all screaming and hollering.
嗯,我很想念他们
Mm, I do miss them around.
我现在最想念女孩子了...
I miss the girls most...
..和孙子们
..and the grandkids now.
我烤好了,生日女孩
I got it, birthday girl.
哦,我的最爱。 生日快乐,孩他妈
Ooh, my favourite. Happy birthday, Mom.
谢谢你,爱你,周年快乐
Thank you, love. Happy anniversary.
嗯,谢谢 这是一个丛林生日蛋糕
Mm, thank you. This is a bush birthday cake.
肉过火
Meat over fire.
我真的很幸运,娶了埃德娜
I feel really blessed that I married Edna.
我愿意,很少有女人
I do. I mean, there's very few women
想活成这样
that wanna live out like this.
她很有爱心,她是一位出色的妻子,她是一位好母亲,
She's loving, she's a wonderful wife, and she's a good mother,
她是个好祖母
and she's a good grandmother.
剧集 | 最后的阿拉斯加(2015) | 导航列表