剧集 | 最后的阿拉斯加(2015) | 导航列表
就被困在这个冰架上
and just get stuck on this ice shelf here.
这是一个真正的脚踝破坏者,真的
It's a real ankle breaker, really.
是的 狗也可能在那里受伤
yeah. the dogs could get hurt there, too.
是的
yeah.
但这是我们必须做的
but this is what we've got to do to get going.
就我们的小路而言,是的,我们犯了一些错误
as far as our trails go, yeah, we've made some mistakes.
当我们第一次构建我们的狗队时
I mean, when we first hooked our dog team up
沿着小路走到这里,
and went down the trail out here,
我们有一场大规模的狗斗
We had a massive dog fight.
泰勒几乎摔断了膝盖
Tyler almost busted his knee.
你从这些经验中学习
You learn from those experiences.
现在我怀孕了,我更容易摔倒
now that I'm pregnant, I get more nervous to fall.
我已经习惯了对自己很苛刻
I'm used to being pretty hard on myself.
所以,你必须有坡道
so, you have to have ramps
并在木屋附近进行梳理以确保安全
and grooming close to the cabins for safety.
也许,就像,在这里再加载一个,
maybe, like, one more load right here,
我想我们会很好的
and I think we'll be good.
好的
all right.
是的,阿什利是个坚强的女人
yeah, Ashley's a tough lady
而且她并没有真正让怀孕减慢她的速度
and she's not really letting being pregnant slow her down.
她并不想安定下来
She's not really wanting to settle down
还请假
and take time off of work quite yet.
不离开营地让我们俩都很烦恼
It bothers both of us to not get out of camp
而不是探索这个地区
and not explore the country.
因为那是所有行动发生的地方
because that's where all the action is happening.
好吧,我想这就是现在
well, I guess that's it for now.
我就把这些搬出去
I'll just move these out.
- 徘徊? -正确的
-mosey on? -right.
我们没有其他事情发生
We don't have anything else going on.
至少,我们不妨把这部分做得很好
We might as well make, at least, this part nice.
鹅,你会骑吗?
Goosey, you gonna ride?
来吧,鹅 来吧,鹅
come on, Goose. come on, Goosey.
只需要接受它并向前看
just have to kind of accept it and look ahead.
好吧,看看驯鹿的足迹
well, look at the caribou tracks.
看? 我不知道,
see? I don't know,
也许有 20 头动物经过这里
maybe 20 animals came through here.
20头 驯鹿
20 caribou.
这是一些东西,当你走路时,
It's something, when you walk,
你总是有更多的机会看到动物,
You have always more chances of seeing animals,
因为你比雪橇机更安静
because you're quieter, than with a snow machine.
无论如何,我必须继续前进
anyways, I've got to keep going.
当我开始诱捕时,头四年
When I started trapping, the first four years
我用步行,然后,我买♥♥了一台雪橇机,
I trapped on foot. and then, I got a snow machine,
然后我的毛皮捕获量翻了一番,很成功
and then my fur catch just doubled, big time.
对我来说,雪橇机是最好的方式
a snow machine to me is, yeah, the best way.
是的,你可以看到没有--
yeah, you can see there's no --
我们的温度低于零,
I mean, we have the below-zero temperatures,
但是今年没有下雪 看看这个
but there's no snow this year. I mean, look at this.
这只是这里的一英寸雪
This is only an inch of snow here.
通常,我用雪橇机驾驶它,
normally, I'm driving this with a snow machine,
但我不能在这使用雪橇机
but I can't use a snow machine in this.
它会弄坏雪橇机
It'd kill the snow machine.
不会仅是留在底部的部分
wouldn't be a part left on the bottom.
都会被破坏
It'd be all busted.
所以,现在,我只能步行
so, now, I'm just hoofing it.
但是你不能用步行抓住那么多
but you can't catch that much by foot.
我想我已经离开了埃德娜的区域,所以我现在可以摆放了
I think I'm out of Edna's area, so I can set out now.
我要设置这个
I'm gonna set this up.
这是一个有趣的事情,
You know, it's a funny thing,
每个捕手设置他的杆组不同
each trapper sets up his pole set different.
他认为最适合他的东西
whatever he thinks works best for him.
这被称为“狗”,就在这里,
This is called a "dog," right here,
这里的事 这就是所谓的“狗”
This here thing. that's called a "dog."
狗进入那个缺口,然后,
the dog goes into that notch, and then,
当动物踏入陷阱时,
When the animal steps in the trap,
它从凹槽中出来,下巴闭合
It comes out of the notch and the jaws close.
这是弹簧,所以它会弹开
This is spring, so it springs up
促使咬紧牙口
told hold the jaws close.
貂爬树,
marten climb trees,
所以它会爬上来
so he's gonna climb up in here.
看? 看 看?
see? look. see?
这也大约是一只貂脚的大小
That's about the size of a marten foot, too.
所以,对我来说,我喜欢它
so, for me, I like it.
我这辈子捕到了 3000 多只貂
I've caught over 3,000 marten in my life
有了这种设置
with this kind of a set up.
哦,我一直在这里诱捕
oh, I've been trapping out here
现在42年了
for 42 years right now.
那是很长一段时间
That's a long time.
这就是我谋生的方式
This is the way I've made my living
并养家糊口,是靠皮毛诱捕
and raised a family, is on fur trapping.
这是一个艰难的生活
It's a tough life. it is.
这是一种艰难的谋生方式
It's a tough way to make a living.
你必须努力工作很长时间
You've got to work hard and long hours
为了赚到钱,
to make that money,
而且有很多东西是你无法控制的
and there's so much that you can't control.
一个正常的冬天在这里,我们碰到了膝盖深的雪
a normal winter here, we get about knee-deep snow.
那是一个普通的冬天
That's a normal winter.
所以,我们没有那么多的降雪
so, we don't have that amount of snowfall.
你无能为力
There's nothing you can do about it.
我不会改变天气
I ain't gonna change the weather.
我为什么要这样做?
why do I do it?
我不知道 我喜欢它,我猜
I don't know. I love it, I guess.
嗯,这是一种生活方式
well, it's a way of life.
你可以到这片土地上去
That you can go out into the land
在不伤害土地的情况下,真正得到一些东西,
and actually get something, without hurting the land,
然后卖♥♥掉它并以此为生
and then selling it and make a living off of it.
好吧,进入下一组
well, onto the next set.
唔
hmm.
貂来了,但我也看到了很多老鼠的踪迹
marten came here, but I see a lot of mice tracks, too.
我不喜欢那样
I don't like that.
就在这儿 你在这里看到老鼠的踪迹了吗?
right here. you see mice trails right here?
当雪下得更深时,
When there's deeper snow,
那么老鼠出现的机会就更少了
then there's less chance of mice coming around.
但现在,随着浅雪,
but now, with the shallow snow,
如果我抓到貂,老鼠会咬掉皮毛
the mice are gonna chew up the fur if I catch the marten.
我在这里抓到过狼 我抓到过狐狸
I've caught wolf here. I've caught fox.
我抓到过狼獾,貂
I've caught wolverine, marten.
是个设置的好地方
It's a good place to set,
但我不知道它是否值得设置
but I don't know if it's worth setting.
我真的不知道 这不好
I really don't. that's not good.
这一点都不好
That's not good at all.
我们需要那种毛皮
We need that fur.
我没有太多时间,因为我的马达冷却了
I don't have a whole lot of time because my motor cools down
在这种温度下 相当快
pretty fast in these temps.
日照时间短,
short amount of daylight,
你必须快速行动
You've got to move fast.
我想我会在这一点上放一只猫夹
I think I'll put out a cat set on this point
然后,在这里,可能有一两个圈套
and then, over here, maybe a snare or two.
当我开始诱捕时,我真的很年轻
I was really young when I started trapping.
小时候,我和姐姐
as little kids, me and my sister
会运行一束不同的陷阱线
would run a bunch of different traplines.
我们做了很多貂诱捕
We did a lot of marten trapping.
然后,我们朝着捕获大毛皮的方向递进
then, we graduated towards trapping big fur.
我们做得很好
We did pretty good.
学习如何诱捕有一个学习曲线
There was a learning curve to learning how to trap
没有诱捕伙伴,
without a trapping partner,
当我姐姐不再出来的时候
When my sister stopped coming out here.
乔安娜开始了护士的职业生涯,
Joanna started a career as a nurse,
从事现实的工作,
working an actual job,
正因为如此,她不能经常去看望
and because of that, she doesn't get to visit very often.
剧集 | 最后的阿拉斯加(2015) | 导航列表