剧集 | 最后的阿拉斯加(2015) | 导航列表
He requested to be brought back out here
去他爱了这么多年的地区
to the country that he loved for so many years.
父亲的骨灰 你去吧
dad's ashes. there you go.
欢迎回家,爸爸
welcome home, dad.
我们在这里不仅是为了实现这一目标,
and we're here not only to make that happen,
我们来这里是为了让火继续燃烧
We're here to keep the fire going
他在将近 60 年前就开始了
That he started almost 60 years ago.
它让你暖和起来,只是看着火
It warms you up, just looking at the fire.
回家的感觉真好
feels good to be home.
上山
heading up the mountain.
我要去那里看看我的貂陷阱
I'm going to head up there and see my marten sets.
现在,只有两英寸厚的雪
right now, there's only like two inches of snow.
如果我现在使用雪橇机,我会损坏我的雪橇机
If I use a snow machine now, I'll damage my snow machine.
所以我走路诱捕,
so I'm trapping by foot,
所以我能走多少,非常有限,
so I'm very limited at how far I can go,
这会减少我的毛皮数量
and that cuts into my fur catch quite a bit.
在这里谋生只有一种方式,
There is only one way to make a living out here,
那就是通过诱捕
and that's by trapping.
所以冬天对我们来说是一年中最忙碌的时候,非常忙碌
and so winter is a busy time of year for us, very busy.
你有大约四个小时的微弱光线,
You've got about four hours of faint light,
在白天
You know, in the daytime.
它过得很快
It goes pretty quick.
我一点也不累
I'm not tired at all.
只是我不想一开始
It's just I don't want to start -- I mean,
走到这里已经有点汗了
I'm already a little bit sweat from walking here,
现在我必须上去
and now I've got to go up.
当我到达山顶时,就会汗流浃背了
It'll be just pouring in sweat by the time I get to the top.
这就是为什么我只是...
That's why I'm just...
我来这里是为了冷一冷正在做的事情
I'm here to cool off is what I'm doing.
-22度,
You know, 22 below, I mean,
只要你在动,你就足够暖和
as long as you're moving, you're plenty warm.
呃,阳光照在山上
uhp, sun shining on the mountain.
这意味着该走了
That means time to go.
我们还有一周的阳光,
We've got exactly one more week of sunlight,
然后直到一月底,
then that's no more until end of january,
你知道? 所以...
You know? so...
嗯,这里有很多貂的痕迹,
well, lots of marten signs here,
所以也许我在这里得到了貂
so maybe I got marten up ahead here.
有很多痕迹 那真是太好了
There's a lot of tracks. that's real good.
什么也没有
到处都是踪迹
There's tracks all over it.
见鬼,它爬上顶部,跳过了陷阱
hell, he climbed on top and he jumped over the trap.
你可以看到,它完全越过,
You can see that, he was all over it,
但它不会踏入陷阱
but he wouldn't step on the trap.
到了季节开始的三周,
here it is, three weeks into the season,
我只有 16 条貂,而且数量不多
and I only got 16 martens, and that ain't much.
但埃德娜,她抓住了大部分
but Edna, she caught most of them
那是在房♥子周围的,你知道我的意思吗?
That came around the house, you know what I mean?
但我们需要捕获更多
but we need to trap far more.
如果我们不开始捕捉更多的毛皮动物,
If we don't start catching more fur,
我意思是更多的毛皮,我们有麻烦了
and I mean much more fur, we're in trouble.
我姐姐来自她居住的费尔班克斯,
my sister's coming from Fairbanks, where she lives,
她已经有一年多没有来了,
and she hasn't been up in about a year,
所以我只是想为她整理出一个位置
so I'm kind of just going to to clear her a spot
所以她有地方睡觉
so she's got a spot to sleep.
给她一个漂亮、温暖的睡袋
give her a nice, warm sleeping bag.
我很高兴向她展示我所做的,
I'm pretty excited to show her what I've done,
带她看看楼上的房♥子
show her the house that's up here.
它与我们曾经住的房♥子有很大不同,所以...
It's a lot different than the house we grew up, so...
我们诱捕,像孩子一样的诱捕伙伴,
We trapped, you know, as trapping partners as kids,
她真的总是很擅长
and she was always really, really good at it.
她在树林里真好
She's good in the woods.
所以有她的帮助会很棒,
so it would be great having her help,
我知道她很期待跑一些陷阱线
and I know she's looking forward to running some line.
我很激动,我迫不及待地想看到她来
I'm excited. I can't wait to see her come in.
嘿,查理
嘿,可可
建议我停在标识的哪边?
上游的右边?
呃,着陆上游左边
uh, left side landing upstream.
我姐姐乔安娜,她不常来看
my sister, Joanna, she doesn't get to visit very often.
来去这里并不容易
It's not very easy to get out here.
所以这次旅行,让她在这里
so this trip, having her out here
一直是一件很特别的事情
has been a really special thing.
我认为荒野里长大的孩子
I think bush kids grow up
彼此非常接近
in very close proximity to each other.
就我和我姐姐而言,我们是,
in the case of me and my sister, we were, you know,
彼此多年、最好也是唯一的朋友,
each other's best and only friends for many years,
所以这给了你,一个紧密的联♥系♥
and so that gives you, you know, a close bond.
你好陌生人
hey, stranger.
嘿,怎么样? 很好!
hey, how's it going? good!
哦,我很高兴见到你
oh, I'm happy to see you.
好
yeah.
看起来你的眼睛上有灰
looks like you have soot all over your eye.
我呢?
do I?
哦,太好了
oh, great.
也许我需要一面镜子
maybe I need a mirror.
然后我会卡住
then I'll get stuck.
有点冷 我知道
It's cold. I know.
是的,我们走吧
yeah, let's go.
我通常每年都会去拜访查理一次
I get to visit Charlie usually about once a year
在陷阱线上
out here on the trap line.
但我觉得来这里是值得的
but I think it's worth it to come out here
并帮助处理这里的所有事情
and help with all the various things up here
看看新木屋
and see the cabin
他已经工作了这么长时间
That he's been working on for so long
并投入了如此多的时间来建造
and putting so many hours to build.
哦!
oh!
家,甜蜜的家
home sweet home.
看起来真好!
looks so good!
很疯狂
pretty crazy.
晕
dang.
这里好暖和
so warm in here.
真有一个阁楼
There's an actual upstairs.
是的
yeah.
哇!
wow!
你想在哪里钻水洞? 在这里?
where do you want to drill the water hole? out here?
是的 我会帮你的
yeah. I'll give you a hand with that
当我们还有白天的时候
while we still got daylight.
每年都要选择我们的同一个地方
got to pick our same spot every year.
确切地
exactly.
在我们长大的时候,打开水洞
when we were growing up, opening the water hole
打水对我们这些孩子来说是件苦差事
and hauling the water was a chore for us kids.
我们用它来做饭和打扫卫生
We used it for, you know, cooking and cleaning,
当时我们也有一群雪橇犬,
and we had a bunch of sled dogs at the time too,
所以每天可能至少需要 30 加仑
so it would take probably at least 30 gallons a day
只是为了维持我们的生计
just to maintain our livelihood.
我们去吧 现在我们抓住了好
There we go. now we're grabbing good.
我们一直将其视为一种好方法
We always looked at it as a good way
锻炼身体并变得强壮
to build muscle and get strong.
是的,只需为螺旋钻制♥作♥一些粗糙的边缘即可
yeah, just make some rough edges for the auger to grab onto.
是的,这就是我的想法
yeah, that's what I'm thinking.
得到一个好的大开口,这样会更容易
get a nice, big open so it'll be easier
把水舀出来,是的
to scoop the water out, yeah.
好吧,继续钻
okay, go ahead and drill.
好的
okay.
我觉得我们学会了如何应对这里的生活
I feel like we learned how to deal with life out here
以我们父母树立的榜样,
by examples set by our parents,
我爸爸是一个非常努力的人,
and my dad was a really hard worker,
我一直想像他一样
and I always wanted to be like him.
他努力诱捕,并利用
He trapped hard and took advantage
每一个机会
of every opportunity
努力在陷阱线上成功
to be successful on the trap line.
剧集 | 最后的阿拉斯加(2015) | 导航列表