剧集 | 最后的阿拉斯加(2015) | 导航列表
I really haven't seen a doctor yet.
所以这对我来说真的很重要
So that's something really huge for me.
我们终于得到了足够的雪来融化
We finally got enough snow to mush.
但是今天,我要休息一整天
But today, I'm taking the whole day off.
我有更重要的事情要考虑
I got more important things to think about
比普通人重要一些
than the ordinary.
是的,很高兴知道宝宝在成长
Yeah, it'll be nice to know if the baby's growing
并以正常的速度,
at the right rate, and...
是的,对我来说,听到心跳声会很兴奋
Yeah, for me, it'll be exciting to hear the heartbeat.
泰勒绝对为此感到兴奋,
and Tyler definitely... I know he's excited for that,
因为这更加真实
cos that makes it a lot more real.
今天是大日子
Big day today.
我们让助产士飞过来检查阿什莉的怀孕情况
We're having a midwife fly in here to check in on Ashley's pregnancy.
我不知道,当我想到有一个家庭时...
I dunno. I mean, I guess, when I think about having a family...
..让我快乐,让我觉得,它会是
..it makes me happy, and it makes me feel like it's gonna be
我能有过的最有意义的经历,
the most meaningful experience that I could ever have, you know.
但我也是一个担心很多的人,
But I'm also a person who worries a lot,
如果你担心一些你无法控制的事情,
and if you worry about something you can't control,
然后它只会把你搞砸
then it just screws you up.
所以,我相信一切都会好起来的
So, I'm sure everything's gonna be great.
准备好吃饭了吗,杰夫?
Ready to eat, Jeff?
我认为只要有一些保证就好了,
I think it'll be good just to have some reassurance, you know,
关于阿什利怀孕的地方,
about where Ashley's at with the pregnancy,
只是为了让内心平静
just to have that peace of mind.
而且我认为她做得很好
and I think she's doing really well.
但我自然有点紧张
But you know, naturally, I'm a little bit nervous.
你永远不知道会发生什么,
You never know what's gonna happen, you know.
你准备好了吗,亲爱的?
Are you ready, my dear?
我不知道
I don't know.
我真的不知道会发生什么
I don't really know what to expect.
跟她打招呼你紧张吗? 我是
Are you nervous to go greet her? I am.
我也是
Yeah, me too.
她现在随时都会到机场。 嗯
She'll be here in the airport any minute now. Mm-hmm.
回城的时候我已经怀孕八个月了
I'll be eight months pregnant when we go back to town,
所以我可能只有,
so I probably will only have, you know,
可能是我整个怀孕期间的两到三次检查
two or three checkups, probably, for my whole pregnancy.
很难不紧张
I mean, it's hard not to be a little nervous.
我听到飞机的声音
I hear the aeroplane.
飞机来了 我要去看看它转圈
Here it comes. I'm gonna go and watch it circle around.
我保持低血压
I'm keeping the blood pressure low.
好吧,我去接她 把她带到病人身边
All right, I'm gonna go get her. Bring her to the patient.
无菌室
Sterile room.
你需要诱饵吗
是的,我需要 好的,我会在这里给你扔一些在袋子里
Yes, I do. OK, I'll throw some in a bag here for you.
好吧,我得到了我的。 这是你的
All right, I got mine. here's yours.
我将把它放在后面
I'll just set this in the back here.
好的 所以我们有陷阱装置,我有一些捕鼠器,捕貂器
All right. So we've got traps. I've got some rat traps, marten traps.
让我们试着从这里往下走,然后我们将在那里向西走
Let's try to head down here and then we'll head over to the west there.
好吧,听起来不错
All right, sounds good.
苏珊和我,我们决定今年冬天来这里
Susan and I, we decided to come out here this winter
因为我们想为我们的父亲做一些特别的事情
because we wanted to do something special for our dad.
我姐姐和我想以某种方式向他致敬...
My sister and I want to honour him in a way...
..这对父亲来说,是最重要的
..that would mean the most to him.
所以我们在这里,做他多年前教给我们的事,
So we're here to do what he taught us, many years ago,
诱捕
and that's the trapping.
诱捕是 我们作为一个家庭在这里所做的重要工作,
Trapping is such an important part of what we did out here as a family,
我觉得...
that I feel...
我们要出去继承这个传统
we're gonna go out and carry on this tradition.
一年四季都在这里长大,
Being raised out here, year round,
诱捕是我们生存的重要组成部分
trapping is a huge part of our survival.
我认为这是一种特殊的特权
and I consider it a special privilege
不仅要利用我们父亲教给我们的东西...
to be utilising not only what our dad taught us...
.而且还有我们父亲教我们这些技能的确切位置
..but at the exact location where our dad taught us those skills.
为什么,这看起来不错
Why, this looks like a nice one.
就在这里,看起来我们有
Right here, it looks like we have
他们称之为麝鼠的上推
what they call a muskrat push-up.
这是什么...这是一个呼吸孔/喂食孔,
What this is...it's a breather hole/feeding hole,
所以它们去那里吃东西,然后上来
so they go down there and they eat, and then they come up on top
然后在它们回到巢穴之前得到一些空气
and then get some air before they go back to their den.
所以我们要做的是找到那个洞
So what we're gonna do is we're gonna find the hole
并在那里为它们设下陷阱
and set a trap there for them.
好吧,所以我想... 寻找它的软肋,
OK, so I think... Look for where it's softer,
因为那是它要去的地方
because that's where he's gonna be.
我和丹在我十岁的时候就开始和我父亲一起专职诱捕
Me and Dan started full-time trapping with my dad when I was ten.
我们在陷阱线上表现出色非常重要,
It was very important that we did well on the trapline,
因为这就是我们赖以生存的全部 那是我们唯一的收入,
because that's all we had to survive on. That was our only income,
我们诱捕很努力
and we trapped hard.
在那里,就在这里 你可以把整个东西去皮回来
There it is, right here. You can peel the whole thing back.
你去吧 所以这就是它蹲的地方
There you go. So this is where he's been sitting.
你可以看到有一个蹲坐的位置。这是我们放置陷阱的地方,
You can see there's a sitting spot. This is where we'll put the trap,
就在它坐的地方
right where he's sitting.
去拿这个,拿个套索扣,然后我会准备好陷阱
Go take this and get a toggle, and then I'm gonna get the trap ready.
我要做的是我要把这棵小树砍下来,
What I'm doing is I'm gonna cut this little tree down here,
这个小灌木,这将是一个套索扣
this little scrub, and this is gonna be a toggle.
我要把它栓在陷阱链上
and I'm gonna hook it onto the trap chain.
这会坐在小窝外面,
and this is gonna sit outside the house,
那么,当我抓到一只老鼠时,它会试图跳进洞里离开,
so then, when I catch a rat, he's gonna try to jump in his hole to get away,
这将使陷阱保持在水面之上
and this will keep a trap above water.
这会让它无法逃脱
It'll keep him from getting away.
干得好 将其切成两段,并做两个套索扣
Here you go. Chop it in half and use it for two toggles.
当我很小的时候,我们经常来这里捕捉麝鼠,
When I was very little, we used to come here and go muskrat trapping,
我爸爸真的很擅长唤它们
and my dad was really good at calling them.
他会发出这种轻微的吱吱声,
and he'd make this little squeaking sound,
我们会看到一只小麝鼠游走,
and we'd see a little muskrat swimming away,
它会转过身来,他们会直接来找他
and it'd whip around, they'd come right to him.
这是个小平台
就放这
父母离开后,
After my parents passed,
我有点担心回到这里
I was a little apprehensive about coming back up here.
我不知道这会让我感觉如何,因为我知道他们不在那里
I didn't know how it would make me feel, knowing they're not there.
但我们告诉他们,我们会一直走这条陷阱线
But we told them we're gonna always carry on this trapline.
很好,它们会正好来到这
每个父母都要离开他们的孩子
Every parent wants to leave their kids
他们曾经有的一些东西
with something when they pass on.
我们的父亲给我们留下了很多知识,
and our dad left us with a lot of knowledge,
他给我们留下了这个诱捕区
he left us with this trapping area.
这很完美了
所以,这是莫大的荣幸
and so, it's a great honour
能够进行这种生活方式
to be able to do carry out the lifestyle
--他灌输给我们的
that he instilled in us.
好吧,你要把那个放在那里吗? 我会那样做。 是的
All right, you're gonna set that one there? I'm gonna do that. Yep.
因为那里很久没下雪了...
Because of the lack of snow there for a long time...
..我不得不步行提水
..I had to carry water by foot.
现在生活轻松多了
Now, life is so much easier
我可以用雪橇机来提水
that I can use a snow machine to carry water.
现在是完美的 如果我们不再下雪
It's perfect right now. If we don't get any more snow
剩下的冬天,还有四五个月,
for the rest of the winter, which is another four or five more months,
我会很开心的
I'd be happy.
今天是埃德娜的生日
and today's Edna's birthday.
今天是她生日的好日子, 阳光明媚,
It's a good day to have her birthday. The sun's shining,
我们终于有了阳光,在几个月没有阳光之后,
we finally got sunlight, after months of no sun, you know.
我告诉你,什么才是完美的生日礼物--
I tell you what would be a perfect birthday present -
如果她出去检查她的陷阱,她能捕一个很好的狼獾
If she went out and checked her traps and she had a nice wolverine.
这真的会让她今天很开心
That would really make her day today.
有两件事,让埃德娜非常高兴
There's two things that make Edna super happy.
好的,其中之一是,比如家庭
OK, one of them is, like, family.
就像科林和科比从北卡罗来纳州来到这里一样
Just like when Krin and Colby came out here from North Carolina.
这会让埃德娜,难以置信的高兴
That made Edna, just, unbelievably happy.
你看见妈妈了吗?
You see Momma?
第二个是当她诱捕到动物
Number two is when she traps an animal.
这两件事让她非常高兴,但这不现实
Those two things make her so happy. it's unreal.
我们到我设的陷阱来
We're coming up on my sets over here.
我查了三个圈套,什么都没有
I got three snares and not a thing.
剧集 | 最后的阿拉斯加(2015) | 导航列表