剧集 | 空王冠(2012) | 导航列表
And thus long have we stood
我已静候多时
to watch the fearful bending of thy knee,
等着你惶恐地屈下膝来
because we thought ourself thy lawful king.
因为我是你合法的君主
And if we be, how dare thy joints forget
若真如此 你岂能忘记
to pay their awful duty to our presence?
行君臣大礼呢
No hand of blood and bone
凡人之手
can grip the sacred handle of our sceptre,
除了擅自亵渎或偷抢篡夺
unless he do profane, steal, or usurp!
岂能执掌我神圣的御杖
And though you think that all, as you have done,
虽然你们以为国人之心像你们一样
have torn their souls by turning them from us,
都已经离弃了我
and we are barren and bereft of friends,
我现在众叛亲离 孤立无助
yet know, my master, God omnipotent,
可是你要知道 万能的上帝 我的主上
is mustering in his clouds on our behalf
已在云端为我征集
armies of pestilence!
散播瘟疫的天军
And they shall strike your children yet unborn and unbegot,
你们若是敢对我动手
that lift your vassal hands against my head
玷污我宝冠的荣誉
and threat the glory of my precious crown.
天谴将会降在你们尚未诞生的儿孙身上
Tell Bolingbroke.
告诉波林勃洛克
For yond methinks he stands.
我想那边的就是他
That every stride he makes upon my land is dangerous treason.
他在我国土上的每一步都罪同叛国
He is come to open the purple testament of bleeding war.
他要挑起一场血战
but, ere the crown he looks for live in peace,
可在他安然戴上他所追求的王冠之前
ten thousand bloody crowns of mothers' sons
成千上万男子血淋淋的头颅
shall ill become the flower of England's face,
将会损毁英格兰的如花美颜
Change the complexion of her maid-pale peace to scarlet indignation
使她那少女般苍白平静的面孔满含怒容
and bedew her pastures' grass with faithful English blood.
忠实的英格兰人将血洒牧草
The king of heaven forbid our lord, the king,
上帝决不容许我们的君主
should so with civil and uncivil arms be rushed upon!
遭受他本国臣民的野蛮侵犯
Thy thrice noble cousin, Harry Bolingbroke,
您高尚的堂弟 哈利·波林勃洛克
doth humbly kiss thy hand.
谦卑地吻您的手
And by the honourable tomb he swears,
在埋着您高贵先祖遗骨的
that stands upon your royal grandsire's bones,
尊贵坟墓旁起誓
and by the buried hand of warlike Gaunt,
以好战的刚特的在天之灵
and by the worth and honour of himself,
以及他自己的清誉起誓
his coming hither hath no
他此行的目的
further scope than for his lineal royalties.
只是希望拿回他先人的遗产
Northumberland.
诺森伯兰
Say thus the king returns.
请转告国王的答复
His noble cousin
他对这位高尚的堂弟
is right welcome hither.
表示十分欢迎
And all the number of his fair demands
他所有的正当要求
shall be accomplished without contradiction.
将被毫无异议地获得满足
We do debase ourselves, cousin, do we not,
贤弟 我们是不是自贬身份
to look so poorly and to speak so fair?
如此狼狈又低声下气
Shall we call back Northumberland,
我是否该召回诺森伯兰
and send defiance to the traitor, and so die?
挑战那叛贼 苦战至死
No, good, my lord.
不 陛下
Let's fight with gentle words,
让我们用言语缓和局势
'till time lend friends and friends their helpful swords.
待我们有兵在手再上阵雪耻不迟
Oh, God. Oh, God!
上帝啊 上帝啊
Thate'er this tongue of mine,
是我亲自
that laid the sentence of dread banishment on yon proud man,
判那骄傲的男人放逐
should take it off again with words of sooth!
今天却要柔声细语地收回成命
O that I were as great as is my grief,
真希望我与我的悲伤一般强大
or lesser than my name!
或者只是一介草民
or that I could forget what I have been,
或者能够忘记过往的荣耀
or not remember what I must be now!
或者不去想起现在的窘境
Swell'st thou, proud heart?
我高傲的心是否已按耐不住
I'll give thee scope to beat,
我会让你尽情跳跃
since foes have scope to beat both thee and me.
因为敌人已经向我们宣战
Northumberland comes back from Bolingbroke.
诺森伯兰从波林勃洛克那里回来了
What must the king do now?
我该如何是好
Must he submit?
我只能屈服吗
The king shall do it.
那我就屈服吧
Must he be deposed?
我要遭废黜吗
The king shall be contented.
那我也毫无怨言
Must he lose the name of king?
要失去国王之名吗
In God's name, let it go.
那就这样吧
I'll give my jewels for a set of beads,
我愿将我的珍宝换作祈祷的念珠
my gorgeous palace for a hermitage,
将我的宫殿换作一所茅庵
my figured goblets for a dish of wood,
将我的酒杯换作一只木盏
my subjects for a pair of carved saints
将我的子民换作一对圣像
and my large kingdom for a little grave.
将我的王国换作一座坟墓
A little, little grave.
一座小小的坟墓
An obscure grave.
一座荒凉的坟墓
Or I'll be buried in the King's Highway,
或者将我葬在国王的大道下
some way of common trade,
商旅来来往往
where subjects' feet may hourly trample on their sovereign's head,
臣民时刻在我的头上踩来踩去
for on my heart they tread now whilst I live.
我在世时 他们就践踏了我的心
And buried once, why not upon my head?
黄土盖棺 践踏我的头颅又何妨
Aumerle, thou weep'st, my tender-hearted cousin!
奥墨尔 你流泪了 我软心肠的堂弟
We'll make foul weather with despised tears.
我们把可鄙的泪水化作狂风暴雨吧
Our sighs and they shall lodge the summer corn,
我们的叹息将摧折盛夏的谷物
and make a dearth in this revolting land.
使这忤逆的国家饥荒遍野
Or shall we play the wantons with our woes,
要不我们把悲伤
and make some pretty match with shedding tears?
和流泪也变成游戏
As thus, to drop them still upon one place,
这样 把眼泪都洒在同一块土地上
'till they have fretted us a pair of graves within the earth.
直到泪水给我们蚀出一对墓穴
And, therein laid, "There lies two kinsmen,
墓上刻着 "这里长眠着一对亲戚
Digged their graves with weeping eyes."
他们用泪眼掘成坟墓"
Would not this ill do well?
这不也是苦中求乐吗
Well, well, I see...
我也明白
I talk but idly, and you laugh at me.
这不过是些废话 你在笑我
Most mighty prince,
尊贵的殿下
my Lord Northumberland,
诺森伯兰大人
what says King Bolingbroke?
波林勃洛克王如何答复
My lord, he doth attend to speak with you.
大人 他有话要对您说
May it please you to come down.
请您下来吧
Down, down I come.
下来 我来了
Like a glistering Phaeton, wanting the manage of unruly jades.
宛如驾日轮的腓通 妄想控制不羁的马儿
In the base court?
去外院
Base court, where kings grow base,
外院 国王将在此堕落
to come at traitors' calls and do them grace.
被叛徒呼之而到 还以礼相待
In the base court?
外院
Come down?
下来
Down, court!
下来 去外院
Down, king!
国王大势已去
For night-owls shriek
夜枭的尖叫
where mounting larks should sing.
已取代了云雀的嘤鸣
Stand all apart!
大家站开些
And show fair duty to his majesty.
向王上行礼
My gracious lord.
仁慈的陛下
Fair cousin, you debase your princely knee
贤弟 你未免委屈了你尊贵的膝盖
to make the base earth proud with kissing it.
卑贱的泥土则以吻它为傲
Me rather had my heart might feel your love
我宁愿内心感到你的温情
than my unpleased eye see your courtesy.
也不愿只见到你表面上的谦敬
Up, cousin, up.
起来 贤弟 平身
Your heart is up, I know.
我知道你的内心早已平身
Thus high at least, although your knee be low.
至少已到了这里 虽然你屈着你的膝
My gracious lord, I come but for mine own.
陛下 我只求属于自己的权利
Your own is yours,
你的就是你的
and I am yours,
我也是你的
and all.
一切都是你的
So far be mine, my most redoubted lord,
我最尊敬的陛下 我得到的一切
as my true service shall deserve your love.
都是陛下对臣的恩宠
Well you deserve.
你受之无愧
They well deserve to have,
这一切都理应归于
that know the strong'st and the surest way to get!
努力争取之人
Uncle, give me your hand.
叔父 把你的手给我
Nay, dry your eyes.
别这样 擦干眼泪
剧集 | 空王冠(2012) | 导航列表