剧集 | 王冠 | 导航列表
我写了几个问题
I wrote down some questions.
我...
And...
本来想问你们一些
You see, I initially imagined that I wanted to ask questions of you...
技术上的问题
on a technical level.
比如在那样的重力下 身体是种什么感受
You know, what is the physical experience of G-forces of that magnitude,
诸如此类 但是...
and so on, but...
我...
You see, I...
我现在发现...
I realize now that...
我真正想问的是...
the questions I actually want answering are...
你们还年轻 可能还不能理解 但...
You're all too young to understand, I think, but...
一个人到了一定年龄 会反思
There comes a time in life when one first really starts to evaluate
自己的成就
what one has accomplished.
正因为我现在所处的地位
And because of the position that I've ended up in here,
我成为的人...
who I've become...
我娶的人...
Who I'm married to...
我...
I've...
我无法实现我想实现的事...
Well, I've not been able to achieve the things I would have liked to...
作为男人...
as a man, as a...
作为冒险家
as an adventurer.
看着你们三位英雄的所为...
And watching you three heroes at work...
就像看着梦想
it was like watching a dream.
所以我才想要趁这次机会见见你们
Which is why I-I leapt at the chance to meet with you,
哪怕只有十分钟 我想问问...
even if it is just for ten minutes, that I might ask...
你们在那上面...
what your thoughts were...
是怎么想的
out there.
尼尔
Neil?
是这样...
Well...
显然松了口气 因为成功完成了任务
obviously a sense of relief that we executed the mission successfully.
那是当然
No, of course.
而且上面的风景也非比寻常
And we certainly got some amazing views, didn't we?
是 -是啊 很了不起
Yeah, we did. - Yes, extraordinary.
我想说的不是...
I think I'm not talking so much about...
风景 而是...
the views in that sense, as...
视角
perspectives,
观察...
observations of...
我们的环境
of our place.
说实话 当时没时间想
To be honest, there wasn't much time for that.
作为飞行员 你也知道 最重要的就是
As a pilot, you'll know what they drill into you above all else
规范和程序
is protocol and procedure.
得按规则做事 -是
You've got to stick to the rules. - Yes.
宇航员这方面的要求更是双倍严格
As an astronaut, it's double that.
我们手里一直拿着操作清单
We pretty much spent our entire time with lists in our hands,
照着办
ticking things off.
一件一件办
Tick, check, tick, check.
眼睛只顾盯在任务规程上了
Eyes are glued to the mission protocol to such a degree
根本没时间四处张望
you never really get to look outside.
我们的任务很密集 -明白
That's how busy they keep you. - I see.
控制很严格
Tight leash.
更别说 大部分时间都很累
Not to mention most of the time you're so darn tired.
无论怎么训练 都无法适应睡觉
No matter how hard you practice, you never get used to the sleep.
睡觉
Sleep.
尼尔 要不跟亲王殿下讲讲
Neil, uh, why don't you tell His Royal Highness
月球行走之后的事
about what happened after the moonwalk?
我很想听 -他想听
I would love to hear. - He wants to hear it.
在完成月球行走之后... -我观看了全程 每个脚步
Well, after I completed the moonwalk... - I-I watched it all. Every step.
我回到登月舱
I got back into the module,
知道只有几小时休息时间
and knew we only had a few hours
之后就会再次起飞 于是我...
to get some rest before we took off again, so I...
我低下头 闭上眼睛... -等着
I got my head down, I closed my eyes... - Wait for it.
但却总听到一声声杂音
But all I could hear was this noise.
什么
What?
是登月舱外面的声音吗
What, from outside the module?
你知道是什么吗 -是什么
I know. You know what it was? - What?
水冷却器
The water cooler.
水冷却器发出的噪音 梆 梆 梆
It was making this noise. Bang, bang, bang.
世界上最伟大的工程师设计火箭 带我们到月球
The greatest engineers in the world design a rocket that takes us to the moon,
却没能给我们像样的水冷却器
but they can't even get us a decent water cooler.
所以你没说错
So you were right.
充满了惊喜
It was full of surprises.
我明白了
I see.
你还有别的问题要问我们吗
Were there any other questions you had for us?
没有了...
No. No, it's...
那你介意我们问你几个问题吗
Well, in that case, would you mind if we asked you a few questions?
你当然不介意
No, of course.
那是什么感觉
What is it like?
什么什么感觉
What is what like?
住在这样的地方
Living in a place like this.
因为我们听说你这里有上千个房♥间
Because we heard you had a thousand rooms.
如果把所有走廊的长度加在一起
And that if you add the lengths of all the corridors together,
得有... 6公里多
it comes to... four miles.
是不是真的有个风笛手 作为你的闹钟
Is it true you have a bagpiper for an alarm clock?
你们这儿有多少工作人员
And how many staff do you have here anyway?
有多少宫殿 我听说... 是12个
And how many palaces? We heard... it's 12.
这些照片上的人你都认识吗
And do you know all these people in the pictures?
你们都是亲戚吗
Are you related to those people?
狗睡在你卧室里吗
Do the dogs sleep in the room with you?
这是我的 谢谢 看谁先跑上去
That's mine. Thank you. Race you to the top.
跑
Go!
不
No!
是 -非常接近
Yes! - It was a close call.
一 二 三
One, two, three.
茄子
Cheese!
再来一张
One more.
我不知道我当时在想什么
I don't know what I was thinking.
我觉得他们应该是... 巨人 是神
I expected them to be... giants, gods.
可实际上 他们只是三个小男人
In reality, they were just three little men.
得了感冒 脸色刷白
Pale-faced, with colds.
我很同情他们
I have some sympathy.
他们的特质很适合做宇航员
The very qualities that made them perfect for the job.
但他们缺乏天赋和想象力
But their lack of flair or imagination.
他们的责任感 谦逊和可靠性
Their sense of duty, and modesty and reliability.
完全缺乏原创性或自主性
Total absence of originality or spontaneity.
但这样才正适合危机时刻
But that's what makes them perfect in a crisis.
见到真人的时候 真是大失所望
And entirely anticlimactic when you meet them in person.
想像一下
I mean, imagine.
他们长途跋涉飞去月球 都没有生病
They go all that way to the moon and stay healthy,
来了一趟伦敦 差点把小命给送了
but one trip to London nearly kills them.
不是他们的错
It's not their fault.
他们从没想当公众人物
They never wanted to be public figures,
但因为一件事 他们永远成了公众人物
and now, because of one event, they will be forever.
他们是优秀的宇航员 可...
They delivered as astronauts, but...
却是令人失望的普通人
they disappointed as human beings.
他们的余生都将被人瞻仰...
They'll spend the rest of their lives in goldfish bowls...
唯恐开口
scared to open their mouths,
知道开了口 就会暴露真实的自己
knowing it could reveal who they actually are,
一定会令人失望
and that they will inevitably disappoint.
因此 他们值得同情
And for that, they deserve our pity.
还好没有什么小绿人
Good job there were no little green men.
否则他们一定会想 "地球上的精英也就这样
They could be forgiven for thinking, "If that's all planet Earth has got to offer,
我们还是放过这地方吧"
let's give the place a miss."
不是什么特定时刻... 开始的
There wasn't a specific moment... when it started.
而是渐渐发展起来的
It's been more of a gradual thing.
一点一滴... 积累的怀疑...
A drip, drip, drip of... of doubt...
不满
disaffection,
疾病... 不适
disease, dis... discomfort.
我身边的人会发现 我...
People around me have noticed my general...
暴躁易怒
irritability.
当然 这也... 不是什么新鲜事
Now, of course, that's... that's nothing new.
我... 本身脾气就不好
I'm... generally a cantankerous sort,
但我也承认 最近情况更严重了
but even I would have to admit that there has been more of it lately.
剧集 | 王冠 | 导航列表