剧集 | 王冠 | 导航列表
然后唱歌♥
Followed by singing.
♪ 不管你是什么 我都比你好 ♪
♪ Anything you can be, I can be greater ♪
♪ 迟早 我比你更伟大 ♪
♪ Sooner or later, I'm greater than you ♪
♪ 你不会 ♪ -♪ 我会的 ♪
♪ No, you're not ♪ - ♪ Yes, I am ♪
♪ 你不会 ♪ -♪ 我会的 ♪
♪ No, you're not ♪ - ♪ Yes, I am ♪
♪ 你不会 ♪ -♪ 我会的 ♪
♪ No, you're not ♪ - ♪ Yes, I am, yes, I am ♪
她最终在早上四点摇摇晃晃地回家了
She staggered home at four in the morning,
转而亲英的约翰逊总统 同意了救助计划
newly Anglophile President Johnson having agreed to the bailout,
英美的特殊关系比以往更特殊
the special relationship more special than ever.
♪ 没有被抓住 ♪ -♪ 是的 ♪
♪ Without being caught? ♪ - ♪ Yeah ♪
♪ 我就是这么想的 骗子 ♪
♪ That's what I thought, you crook ♪
都是因为 我特别请求玛格丽特不要做的事 她都做了
And all because Margaret was all the things I'd specifically begged her not to be.
那些我都做不到
All the things I could never be.
本能 自发 光彩夺目
Instinctive, spontaneous, dazzling.
♪ 我可以 ♪
♪ Yes, I can ♪
你也有这些特质 -我没有
You're all those things, too. - No, I'm not.
我一成不变 稳妥 可靠
I'm predictable, dependable, reliable.
在这两者之间
Well, of those two,
我会毫不犹豫选择稳妥可靠的
I would pick dependability every day of the week.
谢谢
Thank you.
偶尔光彩夺目一下也很好
But it would be nice to be dazzling on occasion, too.
你很光彩夺目
You are dazzling.
光彩夺目的卷心菜
You're a dazzling cabbage.
♪ 不管你说什么 我能说得更快 ♪
♪ Anything you can say, I can say faster ♪
♪ 我可以把什么都说得比你快 ♪
♪ I can say anything faster than you ♪
♪ 你不能 ♪ -♪ 我可以 ♪
♪ No, you can't ♪ - ♪ Yes, I can ♪
♪ 你不能 ♪ -♪ 我可以 ♪
♪ No, you can't ♪ - ♪ Yes, I can ♪
♪ 你不能 ♪ -♪ 我可以 ♪
♪ No, you can't ♪ - ♪ Yes, I can ♪
首相
Prime Minister.
干得好 公主殿下
Well played, Your Royal Highness.
非常好
Very well played.
谢谢你 先生
Thank you, sir.
我们走吧
Shall we?
凯♥旋♥的女英雄啊 -好啊
Hail the conquering heroine! - Ah, yes.
开始骂吧
Let the abuse begin.
你早该知道了
Now, you must know by now
这个家的胜利 都会一定程度地受到...
any triumph from this family is met with a healthy dose of...
妒忌 恨 -善意地戏弄
Envy? Spite? - Good-natured teasing
免得我们太骄傲
to keep one's feet on the ground.
大家都非常感激
Everyone's very grateful.
首相说他会亲自写信给你表示感谢
The Prime Minister said he was going to write to you personally.
比这还好 他来机场接我了
Better than that. He met me at the airport.
现在我们都在绞尽脑汁地想 要怎样感谢你
And now we're all racking our brains as to what to give you to show our appreciation.
功绩勋章怎么样
How would you feel about the Order of Merit?
还是维多利亚皇家链章
Or the Victorian Chain?
你可以把这些东西
You can keep your gongs and your bongs
留给真正在乎这些的男人
for all the men to whom it matters so much.
但我老实向你承认 我在考虑
But I'd be lying if I didn't admit to having done a little thinking,
毕竟这次这么成功...
in view of how well it all went...
我们可以经常这样
about us doing it more often.
做什么
Doing what?
分担责任
Sharing duties.
我们没有分担责任 你只是去赴了次晚宴
But we didn't share duties. You just went to a dinner party.
以你的名义
In your place.
代表王室和国家
And represented Crown and country
我们应该都同意 结果非常好
with, I think we can agree, favorable results.
这算不算意外发现
Isn't it possible that we've stumbled upon something here?
你有太多事要做 太多压力
You have far too much to do, far too much pressure,
太多责任
far too much responsibility.
而我太少
And I, too little.
没有角色 没有事情可做...
Having no role, having nothing to do is...
太消磨意志了
soul-destroying.
我只想知道 你有没有准备多分享些
All I am asking is if you were prepared to share a little more.
对我们俩都好
For both our sakes.
让我想想
Let me think about it.
看看我能做什么
I'll see what I can do.
别告诉我你动摇了 -没错
Don't tell me you softened? - I did.
我有充分的理由
And with good reason.
玛格丽特没有担任有意义的角色 确实受了苦
Margaret does suffer more than anyone else by not having a more meaningful role.
身体和心理都是
Suffers in health and happiness.
她被忽视了
She's overlooked.
不管从能力 性格
And in terms of ability and character
智慧 还是才华上说 她都不该被忽视
and intelligence and flair, she does not deserve to be overlooked.
为什么不考虑 扩大角色范围
So, why shouldn't we consider expanding the role,
分享一些责任
sharing the job a bit more?
这个问题有两个答案
There are two answers to that question.
两个都不好听
Neither makes for pretty listening.
没错 制度不平等 不公正且残忍♥
Yes, the system is unequal and unjust and cruel.
长嗣继承权分♥裂♥并摧毁家庭 体制让人讨厌 但是...
Primogeniture divides and destroys families, the system stinks, but...
它的残酷和不公 反映出别的东西
in its cruelty and injustice, it reflects something else,
同样严酷且残忍♥
which is harsh and brutal,
也没人提出要重新安排
which no one is suggesting we rearrange.
那就是生活
Life.
我们都渴望平等 但事实上
We all desire equality, but here's the thing.
我们生来就不平等
We were not born equal.
第二个答案呢
And what's the second?
记不记得我告诉过你
Do you remember I told you once
有次我和那个怪物汤米·拉塞尔斯 喝醉了
I got drunk with that god-awful monster Tommy Lascelles?
那晚他与我分享了他关于温莎王朝的理论
Well, that night he shared with me his theory about the House of Windsor.
我从未和任何人提过
I've never repeated it to anyone since.
继续
Go on.
他让我想象一种神话中的生物
He asked me to imagine a mythological creature.
帝国之鹰
A Reichsadler.
一只双头鹰
A polycephalus, a two-headed eagle.
为了能说明白
For the purposes of this conversation,
希望你把它想像成我们
I want you to think of it as representing us.
这个家庭
This family.
你的家庭
Your family.
温莎家族总有光彩夺目的和沉闷的
There have always been the dazzling Windsors and the dull ones.
你父亲... -是个圣人
Your father... - A saint.
但很沉闷 抱歉
But dull. Sorry.
你的祖父也是
Your grandfather, too.
乔治五世 -死气沉沉
George V? - Deadly dull.
在一战的高峰期...
At the height of the Great War, when the...
沙皇和德国皇帝 还有奥地利皇帝
the Tsar and the Kaiser and the Emperor of Austria
都光彩夺目的时候 他在哪儿
were dazzling the world, where was he?
他在集邮本里贴邮票
He was sticking stamps in his album.
他的妻子... -玛丽王后 非常棒
His wife... - Queen Mary, wonderful.
死水一潭
Ditchwater.
就是这样 乔治五世 维多利亚女王 还有之前
And so it goes, through George V to Queen Victoria and back.
一连串的死气沉沉
An uninterrupted line of stolid, turgid dreariness.
我就是沉闷的高♥潮♥
Culminating in me?
是 但是...
Well, yes, but...
和在沉闷 尽职 可靠 英勇的人身边
alongside that dull, dutiful, reliable, heroic strain
总有另一种
runs another.
光彩夺目 辉煌 极具个人主义
The dazzling, the brilliant, the individualistic,
而且... 危险的人
and... the dangerous.
每个维多利亚都会有个爱德华七世
And so, for every Victoria, you get an Edward VII.
每个乔治五世都会有个艾迪王子
For every George V, you get a Prince Eddy.
每个乔治六世都会有个爱德华八世
For every George VI, you get an Edward VIII.
每个莉莉贝特...
For every Lilibet...
都会有个玛格丽特
you get a Margaret.
她确实在华盛顿取得了成功
And she may have had a success in Washington,
但我们不要欺骗自己 可以靠喝酒和跳舞
but let's not delude ourselves that serious diplomacy can be achieved
进行严肃的外交
through drinking and dancing.
让玛格丽特享受荣耀
Let Margaret have the glory,
可不要只因为她的一次幸运
but let's not rewrite the constitutional rulebook
而改写宪♥章♥规则
because she got lucky once.
那我和她的关系怎么办呢
And where does that leave my relationship with her?
不变
Unchanged.
剧集 | 王冠 | 导航列表