剧集 | 王冠 | 导航列表
Only God is ideal.
所以我才希望让王室远离公众视线
Which is why I'd favor the royal family being kept out of sight,
不要被人想着
out of mind,
为了我们自身的生存和清醒
for our own survival and sanity.
但问题是我们藏不起来
But the thing is we can't be hidden away.
必须一直完全曝光在公众面前
We have to be in full view all the time.
那怎么办呢
So, what's the answer?
现在最好办法就是 仪式和神秘
The best we've come up with so far is ritual and mystery.
这样我们才能在公众视线下得以隐藏
Because it keeps us hidden while still in plain sight.
镜花水月
The smoke and the mirrors,
神秘和礼节
the mystery and the protocol,
不是要和公众分离
it's not there to keep us apart.
而是我们的生存之道
It is there to keep us alive.
你叫我 -是
You rang? - Yes.
坐下吧
Sit down.
看来纪录片非但没有达到我的预期
Well, it seems the documentary not only failed to achieve what I had hoped for,
反而起了相反的效果
it has somehow achieved the opposite.
评论家非但没有写我们花钱花得有价值
Instead of writing about what good value for money we represent,
反而合起伙来嘲笑我们的...
these commentators are united in their mockery of our...
我们的木讷 愚蠢
our woodenness, our stupidity,
浮华 挥霍无度...
our vanity, extravagance...
我警告过你的 -别说你警告过我
Well, I did warn you. - Do not say you warned me.
我确实有
I did.
这主意就是不好 就是会适得其反
It was always a daft idea. It was always going to backfire.
你用得着逮着机会就毫不留情地
Is it really necessary for you to speak your mind
说出你的想法吗
quite so mercilessly at every opportunity?
你说我是跟谁学的
Well, where do you think I get that from?
你打算怎么办
So, what are you going to do?
其实我是想说 你接下来要怎么做
Actually, I was hoping we might talk about what you're going to do.
我打算把你推荐给"曼彻斯特卫报"
I would like to offer you to The Manchester Guardian
做一次重大 深入的报道
as the subject of a major, in-depth profile.
为何找他们 怎么不找"每日电讯"或"每日邮报"
Why them? Why not The Daily Telegraph, or the Daily Mail,
或者找家会稍微友好点的媒体
or someone we could expect to be a little bit friendly?
因为受到这么多批评
Because, in the light of all this criticism,
能让最直言不讳的批评家支持我们 会有更多转机
an endorsement from our most vocal critics would represent more of a turnaround.
前提是能得到支持
If we can get an endorsement.
你是王室中最勤俭节约 脚踏实地
You're the most thrifty, feet on the ground,
最低调 最不浮夸的了
low-profile, unpretentious royal we've got.
能拯救败局的 只有你
If anyone can salvage this, you can.
帮我接媒体秘书
Give me the press secretary.
约翰 我刚收到宫廷媒体秘书的电♥话♥
John, I've just had a phone call from the palace press secretary.
我猜是要我们道歉的吧
Let me guess, demanding an apology,
说我的评论不爱国 是叛国...
calling my criticism unpatriotic, treasonous...
不是 是让我们采访安妮公主
No, to offer us an interview with Princess Anne.
什么 那个气急败坏小姐
What? Little Miss Dumpy and Grumpy?
是啊 最奇怪的是
Yes, and, uh, most bizarrely of all,
他们指名点姓要你来写
they've specifically requested you as the writer.
他们一定是疯了
They really have gone mad.
先生 请走北门 -好
North central gate, please, sir. - Right you are.
我是"卫报"的约翰·阿姆斯特朗 来见安妮
John Armstrong from The Guardian to see Anne.
谁
Who?
安妮公主 做采访的 -好 这边请 先生
Princess Anne, for the interview? - Yes, sir. Right this way.
请在这儿等着 先生 -谢谢
Wait here, please, sir. - Thank you.
好了 奶奶 -什么
Now, Yaya. - What?
出去
Run.
去吧
Go!
阿姆斯特朗先生 你没收到信息吗
Mr. Armstrong, did you not receive the message?
安妮公主有点...
Her Royal Highness Princess Anne is...
身体不适
is unwell,
她得了重感冒 不能接受采访
with a heavy cold, and is indisposed.
没人告诉我 -我很抱歉 我带你出去
No, they didn't tell me. - I'm so sorry. I'll see you out.
这位是谁 -哪个
Who's that? - Who?
这个修女
The nun.
那是...
That's...
爱丽丝公主 -谁
That's Princess Alice. - Who?
爱丁堡公爵亲王殿下的母亲
Mother of His Royal Highness Duke of Edinburgh.
我可以和她聊聊吗
Do you think she'd talk to me?
绝对不行 这边请...
No, certainly not. Uh, so, if you don't mind...
我自己问她 -不 这真的不合适
I could ask her myself. - No, that wouldn't be appropriate.
拜托 阿姆斯特朗先生... -你好
Please, Mr. Armstrong... - Hello.
你好 我是约翰·阿姆斯特朗
Hello, I'm John Armstrong.
准备为"卫报"写一篇关于王室的文章
I'm writing an article about the royal family for The Guardian.
能问你一些问题吗 -什么
Can I ask you some questions? - What?
我是"卫报"的约翰·阿姆斯特朗 我可以采访你吗
I'm John Armstrong from The Guardian. Could we have an interview?
当然可以 -她答应了
Yes, of course. - She said yes.
亲爱的 我能怎么帮你
So, my dear, how can I help you?
这个国家的老百姓
Well, I think the people in this country
一定会很有兴趣了解女王的婆婆
would be very interested to get to know the Queen's mother-in-law.
是吗 -是啊...
Really? - Yes. So...
我们从头说起
We should start from the very beginning.
我可是个老古董
But I'm ancient.
那得说很久 -我有的是时间
We could be here a long time. - And I have all the time in the world.
那好...
Well...
我出生于温莎城♥堡♥
I was born in Windsor Castle.
我出生的时候 维多利亚女王也在场
Queen Victoria herself was present at my birth.
是吗
Was she?
人人都说我是个慢孩子
Everyone thought I was a slow child.
慢 怎么个慢法
Slow? In which sense?
走路慢吗 -不 亲爱的
Walking? - No, dear.
这里有点慢
Slow in here.
是吗
Right.
我生下来是个聋子
I was born deaf.
很遗憾
I'm sorry.
但其他方面完全正常
But otherwise perfectly normal?
我觉得是
Well, I thought so.
但显然别人不这么想
But obviously others didn't,
因为后来我被诊断出有精神分♥裂♥症
because then I was diagnosed with schizophrenia.
被送进了医院
And sent to an asylum.
精神病院吗
A mental asylum?
是
Yes.
西格蒙德·弗洛伊德为我治疗
I was treated by Sigmund Freud.
他可不和蔼
He was not a kind man.
继续
Go on.
我在那儿待了两年多
I was there for just over two years.
后来就逃出来了
And I managed to escape.
布比金斯
Bubbikins.
"有个耳熟能详的关于婆婆的笑话...
"It is a common staple of mother-in-law jokes...
和婆婆同住一定是个噩梦
that having one come to stay is a nightmare.
但这位婆婆的来访一定是种幸福"
But having this mother-in-law to stay can only be a blessing."
"爱丽丝公主就是这样的稀有生物...
"For Princess Alice is that rarest of creatures...
作为王室的一员 她比我们遭受了更多磨难
a member of a royal family that has suffered more than the rest of us,
工作得比我们谁都努力
worked harder than the rest of us,
比我们创造出更多美好
and created more good than the rest of us.
天生耳聋 她总是被人误解
Congenitally deaf, she was consistently misunderstood,
被人排斥 被人低估
marginalized and underestimated.
医生给她带来无尽的痛苦
Doctors inflicted untold horrors on her,
用X光照射子♥宫♥ 让她绝经 减少性♥欲♥...
X-raying her womb to bring on menopause and reduce her libido...
用电击疗法治疗她的歇斯底里
and electroshock treatment to treat her hysteria.
爱丽丝公主非但没有怨恨
But instead of bitterness,
反而献身于慈善工作和公共服务
Princess Alice dedicated her life to charity work, public service,
经常冒着生命危险 为社会正义四处宣传"
and campaigning for social justice, often at great personal risk."
还有很多
Well, it goes on and on.
完全是爱的报道
It's a love letter.
我欠你一句抱歉
I owe you an apology.
为什么
Whatever for?
对你缺乏信心
My faithlessness.
这么长时间 我一直不让你暴露在镜头之下
All this time, I've been trying to keep you out of sight of the cameras,
可说实话 你应该是镜头的焦点
when, quite clearly, you should have been center stage.
要说抱歉
If anyone owes anyone an apology,
那应该是我向你道歉
we both know it's the other way round.
你的姐姐们多少能得到些母爱
剧集 | 王冠 | 导航列表