剧集 | 王冠 | 导航列表
Thank you for coming.
王子殿下 -你好 很高兴见到你
Your Royal Highness. - Hello. It's lovely to meet you.
王子殿下 欢迎来到威尔士 -谢谢
Welcome to Wales, Your Royal Highness. - Thank you.
这边请 殿下
This way, sir.
你们好 谢谢你们来 谢谢
Hello! Thanks for coming. Thank you. Thanks.
滚回家 卡洛
Go home, Carlo!
殿下 这边请 殿下 -你不是威尔士人
Sir? This way, sir. - You are not Welsh!
永远不会是
And you never will be!
王子殿下 这位是爱德华·米尔沃德先生
Your Royal Highness. Mr. Edward Millward.
你好
How do you do?
查尔斯 -王...
Charles. - Your...
是王子殿下
His Royal Highness.
希望你不要介意
If you don't mind,
我想对你和我别的学生一视同仁
I'd rather we set out on the same terms as all my students.
我知道我应该鞠躬
I believe I'm also expected to bow my head,
但我希望这样就够了
but I hope this will suffice.
请坐
Please.
那你们谈吧
Well, I'll leave you to it then.
很感谢你这样做
I'm very grateful for all this.
我希望你可以把你的感受放在一边
I hope you'll be able to put your feelings to one side.
我知道你是威尔士民族主义者
I gather you're a Welsh nationalist.
我是个教育工作者
I'm an educator.
你会把政♥治♥理念放一边吗 -不
Do you leave your politics at the door? - No.
政♥治♥理念是我每天的动力
My politics are the reason why I walk through the door every day,
我坚信
and if I believe, and I do,
每个人都应该受到大学教育
that anyone deserves a university education,
如果最底层或最顶层的人 得不到这种权利
then it would be hypocritical of me not to extend that privilege
那我就太虚伪了
to those at the very top, as well as the bottom.
但你不接受... 我
But you don't approve of... me.
我对你个人并没有意见
I've nothing against you personally.
但你希望我和我的家庭不是这样的角色
But you wish my role didn't exist, my family's.
我没有反对什么
I don't think of myself as against things.
只是支持什么
I'm for things.
支持我的国家 我的文化
For my country, my culture,
最主要是我的语言
and my language, most of all.
你觉得王室的存在与此相悖
And you think that the Crown exists in opposition to that.
我认为它强加给人统一性
I think it imposes a kind of uniformity
用统一的大不列颠属性 来压制威尔士人的身份
that by default, yes, suppresses Welsh identity with a ubiquitous Britishness.
但威尔士就是大不列颠
But Wales is Britain.
大不列颠就是威尔士
Britain is Wales.
历史上 我们总是一起战斗
Historically, we always fought together.
阿金库尔战役中的亨利五世 -是
Henry V at Agincourt. - Yes.
[英法百年战争中著名的以少胜多的战役]
历史上 威尔士人为你们王室的征服之战付出鲜血
Welshmen have historically bled for the conquests of your Crown,
有人也许会问 为什么
and why, one might ask?
为了什么
For what?
我真不打算和你争论
Look, I really didn't intend to joust with you.
这不公平
It isn't fair.
你是来学威尔士语的
You're here to learn Welsh.
就是这儿
Here we are.
坐这里 -谢谢
There. - Thank you.
我们通过模仿来学习
We learn through imitation.
像生活中别的事一样 只要模仿 假装的时间够长
Like anything in life, if we pretend we're something long enough,
也许就会变成那样
we may just become it.
早安[威尔士语]
Bore da.
早安
Bore da.
早安 -早安
Good morning. - Good morning.
你叫什么[威尔士语] -你叫什么
Beth ydych enw. - Berth uder keno.
你叫什么
What is your name?
你叫什么
What is your name?
你会说威尔士语吗[威尔士语]
Ydych chi'n siarad Cymraeg?
尼... 尼会缩威尔四语吗
A... A dickid nsharad cum-ayg.
你会说威尔士语吗
Do you speak Welsh?
你会说威尔士语吗
Do you speak Welsh?
你好吗[威尔士语]
Sut ydych chi?
宁吼吗
Soota da kee?
你好吗
How are you?
你好吗
How are you?
你好
Hello.
我已经开始想念剑桥了
I miss Cambridge already.
这个地方有点... 阴沉
And this place is a bit... gloomy.
那是威尔士 你指望什么 等一下
It's Wales. What do you expect? Hold on.
等一下
Hold on.
等一下 查尔斯
Hold on, Charles.
别的学生怎么样
How are the other students?
个头矮 毛发重 怒气冲冲
Short, hairy, and angry?
怎么了 -凯尔特人[西欧最古老的土著居民]不就是这样子吗
What? - Isn't that what the Celts are like?
毛茸茸 怒气冲冲 浓眉 红脸
Furry and furious, big eyebrows, red faces,
被祖先的遗恨压弯了腰
stooped under the weight of an ancestral grudge?
他们确实不友好
They're not very friendly, for sure.
我来的路上经过个路牌 上面写着
I passed a sign on the way in.
"欢迎来到威尔士"
"Welcome to Wales."
我看真实意思是"滚回家去"
Might as well have read, "Bugger off back home."
不会很久的
It's not for long.
度日如年 要三个月呢
An eternity. Three months!
时间飞着就溜走了
It'll fly by.
我看时间手脚并用爬走还差不多
Crawl by more like, on hands and knees.
你真是个糟糕的屹耳[小熊维尼中悲伤的小驴]
You really are the most terrible Eeyore.
我们该拿你怎么办呢
What are we going to do with you?
不如先把我弄出威尔士
Getting me out of Wales might be a start.
我会来看你 -你不会
I'll come and visit. - No, you won't.
也对 我不会去看你
No, you're probably right. I won't.
振作起来 没人喜欢牢骚满腹的人
Chin up. Nobody likes a misery guts.
虽然在学院眼里 他只是个普通学生
And though he be but another student in the eyes of the faculty,
但他应该不会介意学校专门为他准备的欢迎会吧
I'm sure he'll forgive us this more bespoke welcome to our university.
我们希望能因此建立愉快的长♥期♥合作关系
And we hope this is the beginning of a long and happy partnership,
也许等他成为国王后 也能建立互利共赢关系
and perhaps, in time, even his patronage as king.
敬威尔士亲王
The Prince of Wales.
敬威尔士亲王 -谢谢
The Prince of Wales. - Thank you. Thank you.
殿下 你觉得我们的设施怎么样
So, what do you think of our facilities here, sir?
我们图书馆藏书不少 你觉得呢
It's quite the archive we have in our library, don't you think?
坦白说 我还没去过图书馆呢
I confess I haven't actually made it to the library yet.
还没去过图书馆
Not been to the library?
我以为米尔沃德先生给了你全面的威尔士教育呢
I thought Mr. Millward was giving you a full, rounded Welsh education.
他有 我有
He is. I mean, I am.
像其他学生一样 我鼓励他们...
And like all students, they're encouraged to...
自觉主动地进行课外阅读
conduct extra reading off their own bats.
演讲准备得怎么样
How is the speech going?
你一定很快就会像卢埃林[中世纪威尔士最伟大的领袖]一样
You'll be channeling Llywelyn ap Gruffudd himself before long, no doubt!
不好意思 你说谁
I'm sorry, who?
卢埃林...
Llywelyn...
他是... 校友还是...
Is he... an alumnus or...?
这周我就会教他
We'll be covering that this week.
老师早
Good morning, teacher.
白金汉宫把你的演讲稿发给我了 我翻译了开头
I've translated the opening of your speech that the palace sent me.
你觉得怎么样
And? What did you think?
演讲内容不该由我来评判
I'm not here to pass judgment on the content.
你想怎么说 或者他们想叫你怎么说 你就怎么说
You say whatever you like, or whatever they tell you to.
最难的发音是"气氛"这个词
The hardest pronunciation for you will be the word "atmosphere."
气氛
Awyrgylch.
简直像骂人一样 把你发音最差的音节
It's like a verbal assault course of all your worst sounds
一个接一个排在一起
scattered one after another like traps.
我们分解一下
Break them up.
这样...
So...
滑到"啊哦"这个音 -我是这么发的音呀
Glide into the "ooh." - I'm trying to glide into it.
好吧 我们从后面开始
Fine. Let's begin at the end.
喉咙后面发声
Back of the throat.
好些了
Better.
我明白了 像摩擦音
I see, it's like the fricatives.
像这样 -我知道什么是摩擦音
"Th," "ff," "sh," "ss" sounds. - I know what fricatives are.
我们上台之前会这样热身
We do them as warm-up exercises before we go onstage.
剧集 | 王冠 | 导航列表