剧集 | 王冠 | 导航列表
怎么了
What?
我们收到来自白宫的邀请
We've had an invitation from the White House
请你到华盛顿
for you to go to Washington
和总统及第♥一♥夫♥人♥共进晚餐
and have dinner with the President and the First Lady,
我们希望你能参加
and we'd like you to attend.
什么时候 -这周三
When? - This Wednesday.
不行
Can't.
为什么不行
Why not?
我要去纽约
I'm going to be in New York.
托尼的新书发布会
For Tony's book launch.
也许我该说清楚
Perhaps I should make it clear.
此事关系重大
There is rather a lot riding on it,
每个人都非常希望你去
and everyone is keen, very keen, for you to go.
也许我该说清楚
Perhaps I should make it clear
没有什么能阻止我支持我的丈夫
that nothing is going to stop me from supporting my husband,
是你叫我这样的
just like you asked me to.
玛格丽特
Margaret!
"亲爱的玛格丽特
"Dear Margaret,
作为妻子 我理解你想支持托尼的愿望
as a wife, I understand your desire to support Tony.
你知道我真诚地希望
You know that it was my honest hope
你们都能在这次旅行中找到机会
that on this trip you would both find the opportunity
对彼此更友善
to be more courteous,
更多地鼓励对方
more encouraging to each other.
但目前 这些必须先放下
But for now, such considerations must be put aside.
作为姐姐 我请求过你一次
I have asked you this once as a sister,
现在我作为女王命令你"
and now I must command it as your Queen."
公主殿下 先生 非常感谢你们答应
Your Royal Highness. Sir. Thank you so much for agreeing to this.
这是参加晚宴人员的最新名单
The most recent list of people attending the dinner,
预计会坐在你们附近的人 这是他们的简介
with some brief biographies of those expected to sit close to you.
"我要你做的
"What I'm asking you to do
远不止出席一个晚宴
amounts to much more than simply attending a dinner.
目前有些关乎未来国家兴衰的事情
Currently, there are matters pertaining to this country's future prosperity
需要我们付出努力
that require a concerted effort on our part.
我们必须要消除英国和兄弟之邦美国
We must heal the divisions that are emerging
之间正在出现的分♥裂♥
between Britain and its American cousins.
你经常感叹自己无事可做
You've often lamented that you have nothing to do,
浪费了你这个资源
that you are a wasted resource.
那么你今天的任务至关重要
Well, the task you are embarking on today could not be more crucial.
目前英国财政赤字为八亿英镑
Britain currently has a deficit of £800 million.
我们需要至少十亿的紧急财政援助
What we need is a bailout of at least £1,000 million.
这只有美国人能给
Only the Americans can give it to us.
我知道你喜欢以自己的方式做事
I know you like to do things your own way.
可这次是非常敏感的外交使命
But this is a diplomatic mission of the highest sensitivity.
就这么一次 我劝你
And I would urge you, for once,
按规矩做事"
to play things by the book."
准备好了
Ready?
要是我失败了怎么办
What happens if I fail?
要是没有得到救助呢
If we don't get the bailout?
那就违背了对国际货币基金组织的承诺
Then we break our promises to the IMF,
耗尽信贷信用
exhaust the credit facilities available to us,
英镑被大量抛售
face a run on sterling,
政♥府♥就只能让英镑贬值
and the government would be left with no option but to devalue the pound.
这糟糕吗
And that's bad?
货币贬值
Devaluation?
岂止是糟糕
It's worse than bad.
这会使英镑降到世界第二类货币
It would relegate sterling to the second division of the world's currencies
使英国降为世界第三类经济体
and Britain to the third division of the world's economies.
这是国际屈辱 是政♥治♥耻辱 还有...
It would mean international humiliation, political ignominy, and...
经济崩溃
financial ruin.
公主殿下
Your Royal Highness.
约翰逊总统
President Johnson.
早上好 首相 -早上好
Good morning, Prime Minister. - Good morning.
我和我们在华盛顿的大使
I've had an opportunity now
谈了谈昨晚在白宫的晚宴情况
to speak to our ambassador in Washington about the White House dinner last night.
怎么样
And?
我...
I...
不知道从何说起
I don't know where to begin.
似乎第一道菜还没上
It seemed the first course had barely been served
玛格丽特公主就评论了已故总统肯尼迪
before Princess Margaret made remarks about the late President Kennedy
措辞...
that were...
不太谨慎
less than discreet.
我见过肯尼迪一次
I met him once. Kennedy.
那次会面非常...
I was left distinctly...
无趣
underwhelmed.
玛格丽特
Margaret.
对不起 我说错什么了吗
I'm sorry. Did I say something wrong?
我知道现如今
I do know these days one's not allowed
不能想别的 只能说肯尼迪是个好政♥治♥家
to think anything other than what a great statesman Kennedy was.
林登 不要说话 -他当然不会说
Say nothing, Lyndon. - Of course he'll say nothing.
他是他忠实的副手
He was his loyal deputy.
我应该比大多数人理解
Which I think I can understand better than most.
那种挫折感和怨恨感
The frustrations and resentments that can build up
作为第二
from a life as a number two.
作为副手
The support act.
即使那人你十分敬仰
Even of someone you adore.
你当了三年副总统
You spent three years as Vice President.
我当了一辈子副女王
I've spent my whole life as Vice Queen.
这说法还是错的 我不是什么... "副女王"
Except that came out wrong, I didn't mean I'm a... "vice queen."
有没有什么策略 化解不良影响
Is there a strategy in place to deal with the fallout?
不 没有不良影响
Oh, no. There's no fallout.
什么
What?
约翰逊总统同意了 彻底 积极 毫无保留地同意
President Johnson agreed. Thoroughly. Enthusiastically. Unreservedly.
他说... 我没记错的话
He said... if I remember rightly,
"杰克·肯尼迪..."
"Jack Kennedy..."
...会杀了自己的母亲
...would've killed his own mother
剥下她屁♥股♥上的皮做成鼓 来赞美鼓吹自己
just to take the skin off her ass to make a drum to beat his own praises.
对吧
Right?
明白了
I see.
接着是饮酒比赛
This then led to a drinking contest.
什么
What?
坚持到最后的 就是胜者 -接受挑战
Last man standing is the winner. - Challenge accepted!
后来又变成打油诗比赛
Which, in turn, led to a limerick contest.
打油诗 -是 陛下
Limericks? - Yes, ma'am.
恐怕其中有些 带点颜色
Some of them, I'm afraid to say, a little off-color.
继续说
Well, go on then.
好吧...
Oh, right...
第一个是这样...
Well, the first one went a little...
"有个年轻女子来自特拉华..."
"There was a young woman from Delaware..."
她做♥爱♥的时候喜欢...
Who liked to make love...
做♥爱♥的时候喜欢...
liked to make love...
想想韵脚 特拉华 -...穿着裤衩
Delaware! Delaware! - ...in her underwear.
假正经... -"自以为玉洁冰清
A terrible prude... - "She would never go nude,
进了洞房♥还羞羞答答"
And her bum, hips, and tits she would never bare."
还有呢
What else?
总统对诗...
The President countered with,
"有个年轻人来自威斯康星
"There was a young man from Wisconsin
他有一根巨大的..."
Who was blessed with an enormously large..."
...丁丁
...Johnson!
还有呢
Where's the rest of it?
大家应该都觉得够长了吧 确实是
I believe everyone thought that was long enough. As it were.
还有吗
Any more?
玛格丽特公主最后用这个赢了...
Princess Margaret won the evening with this one...
"有位年轻女子来自达拉斯
"There was a young lady from Dallas,
用炸♥药♥当阳♥具♥..."
Who used a dynamite stick as a phallus..."
他们找到她...
They found her...
你都说到这儿了
You've made it this far.
"他们在北卡罗来纳找到她的阴♥道♥..."
"They found her vagina in North Carolina..."
在白金汉宫找到她的屁♥眼♥
And her arsehole in Buckingham Palace.
好诗
Bravo.
显然 接着是跳舞
Then, apparently, there was dancing.
剧集 | 王冠 | 导航列表