剧集 | 王冠 | 导航列表
Bank of England?
我们最近在制定计划 非常愿意讲给您听
We've been working on a proposal, which we'd very much like to put to you.
再会
Sir.
你好 -陛下
Hello. - Your Majesty.
欢迎来到魁奈种马场
Welcome to Haras du Quesnay.
谢谢你 场主先生
Thank you, Mr. Head.
但不用这么正式
But there is no need for such formality.
在育马的世界里 你才是王
In the world of breeding, it is you who are king.
您太仁慈宽容了 陛下
You are very kind, ma'am, and very indulgent.
您是在奉承我吧
I suspect you are flattering me.
你好 亚历克 -亨利
Hello, Alec. - Henry.
走吧 早上好
Shall we? Good morning.
这是马林 丹贾尔夫人生的
And, of course, it was Malin Comme un Singe who came out of Lady Danjar,
一匹优秀的种马
a magnificent stayer.
它的祖父白人定居者
And his grandsire, White Settler.
没错 在它身上我们很成功
That's right. We had tremendous success with him.
是 我记得它 冲刺很不错
Yes, I remember him. A wonderful sprinter.
这是你的育种书吗 -是的 陛下
Are these your stud books? - Indeed, ma'am.
这里面很多名字你一定非常熟悉
And I think you will find some very familiar names in there.
我想也是
Yes, I bet I will.
没记错的话...
If I'm not mistaken...
这一个 -天 是的
this one. - Gosh, yes.
这是我祖父的马 他最喜欢的一匹
My grandfather's, one of his favorites.
你认为呢 六个月 -应该是
What would you say? Six months? - Yes, I'd say so.
性情不错 精力充沛 不易受惊
Nice temperament, warm-blooded, not too skittish.
是啊 看它跗关节 -是啊
Indeed. Look at her hocks. - Yes.
比例很匀称 背部线条很漂亮
Very well proportioned, excellent line to the back.
是
Yes.
我可以吗
May I?
太棒了
It was extraordinary.
不仅他们的设施 整个育种的态度都很棒
Not just their facilities, their entire attitude to breeding,
他们还把小马驹 和一岁多的幼马放在一起...
but the fact they keep their foals and their yearlings so close...
谢谢
Merci.
...我们却会送到爱尔兰去吃草
...while we send ours off to graze in Ireland.
你说实话 我们是不是没戏
Tell me honestly. Is it over?
是不是太落后了
Have we slipped too far behind?
还不算 陛下
Not yet, ma'am.
但如果想跟上
But if you want to keep up,
现在就得采取行动
you do need to act decisively now.
那就要从头到尾调整流程 更换人员
It'd mean rethinking the operation from top to toe, changing the personnel,
改变做事方式 -是
changing the approach. - Yes.
当下很多英国的优质赛马都流失到美国
And currently there is a drain of the best British racehorses to America.
你得自问... 为什么
You have to ask yourself... why?
你不是要我去美国吧
You don't think I should go there, too?
当然只说赛马的话 去美国很理想
Obviously, from a racing perspective, it will be ideal.
哪怕就一两天 但... 国内应该需要你吧
Just for a day or two, but... won't you be needed at home?
有王母太后在呢
Well, they've always got Mummy.
我不在对她挺好
Me being away is good for her.
她不喜欢老来不中用 不被需要的感觉
She hates feeling old and superannuated and surplus to requirements.
现在又让她主事 她一定很开心
I'm sure she's relishing being the big chief again.
谢谢 -先生
Thank you. - Sir.
金先生 -蒙巴顿勋爵
Mr. King. - Lord Mountbatten.
儿时的大不列颠正在我们面前逝去
The Great Britain of our childhood is dying before us.
国家破产 国♥家♥安♥全♥支离破碎
The country is bankrupt, our national security is in tatters,
盟友陷入绝望
our allies are in despair.
按照目前的趋势 到1970年
And on our current trajectory, by 1970,
我们就会成为附庸国
we will be a vassal state.
贱民
A pariah.
不知道你怎么想
I don't know about you, sir,
但我宁愿死 也不会坐视不理
but I'd sooner die than stand idly by and watch this happen.
为此
And to that end,
我和同僚想出一个计划
my associates and I have come up with a plan
让国家重回正轨
to put the country back on track.
具体是
Which is?
取代现任首相
Replacing the Prime Minister
成立新的紧急政♥府♥
and installing a new emergency government.
什么 -要取代首相
What? - And in his place,
我们需要能鼓舞人心的领头人物
we would need to install an inspirational figurehead.
能够团结全国 令人肃然起敬的人
Someone who could unite the nation, command its respect.
曾经担任过国家领导的人
Someone who had stepped into a national leadership role before.
候选人有不少
Now, there are some obvious candidates,
但说实话 没人比您更合适
but, frankly, none would be as good as you, sir.
不行 匪夷所思
No, no, no, this is quite unthinkable.
这时候 我应该充耳不闻
At this point, I should close my ears.
尽管我自己对首相先生 也有保留看法
Despite my own very profound reservations regarding our prime minister,
但你们谋划的是军事政♥变♥
what you're talking about is effectively a coup.
我不想跟此事有任何瓜葛
And I can have nothing whatsoever to do with it.
在和平时期 没错
In peacetime, it's true,
用这种方式干预确实不符合宪法
an intervention like this would be unconstitutional.
但现在已不再是和平时期了
But we believe this is no longer peacetime,
现在的局势前所未有 十分特殊
and the circumstances are unprecedented and quite exceptional.
杰拉德
Gerald.
为了取得国家经济控制权
In order to hijack control of the economy,
威尔逊和他的社♥会♥主♥义♥同僚 谋划计划
Wilson and his socialist colleagues have devised a plan,
布鲁特斯计划
Plan Brutus,
剥夺英格兰银行所有权力
which would strip the Bank of England of all its powers,
冻结其他国家政♥府♥的英镑收支
freeze the sterling balances of foreign governments,
强制大幅削减国防开支
and enforce crash cuts in defense spending.
不能再让银行家掌权了
The bankers cannot be allowed to run the show.
英格兰银行从周一就清楚 有大量资金流出英国
The Bank of England has known about gold pouring out of the country since Monday
却没有采取任何措施来阻止 -我们如何对应
and has done nothing to stop it. - What is our response?
实行外汇管制
The imposition of exchange controls,
大幅削减国防开支
crash cuts in defense expenditure,
强制收♥购♥所有私人持有的海外证券
and the compulsory acquisition of all privately held overseas securities.
大家举手表决
Show of hands.
完全就是宣战
It is an effective declaration of war
对自♥由♥ 民♥主♥和资本主义宣战
on freedom, democracy, and capitalism.
必须立刻采取行动
We must act now.
不仅拯救英国 也拯救世界
Not just to save Britain, but the world.
我们要发起激进的革命
We are proposing a radical revolution
由银行家 商人以及军人领导
led by bankers, businessmen, and the armed forces.
能把我们从业余 无能 和俄♥罗♥斯♥渗透中拯救出来的专业人士
Professionals who can save us from amateurism, incompetence, and Russian infiltration.
作为我们临时领袖
And as our interim leader,
我们想不出比您更合适的人选了
we can think of no one better than you, sir.
你说的都很有趣
This is all very interesting.
我建议 48小时后...
May I suggest that we meet again...
我们再见面
in 48 hours?
行
Sir.
英镑贬值和之后的其他事 总结起来就是
With the pound down and the rest later, I suppose that sums it up.
货币贬值 还有必须偿还的巨额贷款
Devaluation and a gigantic loan that we'll all have to pay back.
英国正面对
Britain now finds itself
经历了三年货币贬值和否认之后
looking at a complete reversal of government policy
完全相反的政♥府♥政策
after three years of devaluation and denial.
威尔逊下台 威尔逊下台
Wilson must go! Wilson must go!
唐宁街10号♥门外 聚集了抗♥议♥者
Outside 10 Downing Street, protesters gathered
贬值英镑...
as the reality of what a devalued pound...
欢迎来到肯塔基州 陛下
Welcome to the Commonwealth of Kentucky, Your Majesty.
谢谢 汉考克先生 -请叫我布尔
Thank you, Mr. Hancock. - Please, call me Bull.
抱歉 今天的天气不太好
Sorry we don't have better weather for you.
没关系 下点雨也不错
It's quite all right. We like a good watering.
布尔·汉考克 -幸会
Bull Hancock. - Pleasure to meet you.
同样的钱 能买♥♥到的东西更少
Your shopping basket will hold less for the same money.
所有进口食物都会更贵
A whole lot of imported foodstuffs will cost more,
每斤肉会三个便士
around threepence a pound more for beef.
就是它 -好
This the one? - Excellent.
星期一 发布声明之后
On Monday, after the announcement,
证券交易所不见人影
the Stock Exchange was empty.
没有股票买♥♥卖♥♥
There was no trading.
在门外的泰罗格莫顿街上 股票经纪人挤在一起
But outside in Throgmorton Street, brokers and jobbers crowded together
相互讨论英镑贬值会...
to try and sort out what the drop in the pound...
早上好 各位
剧集 | 王冠 | 导航列表