犯罪了就是犯罪了
If a man's broken a law, he's broken a law.
无可推脱 这正是法律的意义
Ain't no way around it. It's why we got laws, anyway.
但你在作出裁决的时候
But you could bring back a verdict
仍可以摒弃恐惧和偏见
without fear or prejudice?
当然可以
Of course I could, yes.
法官阁下 我要求此陪审员
Your Honor, I'd ask that this juror
有因回避
be dismissed for cause.
理由
Grounds?
她的近亲是犯罪的受害者
A close member of her family was victimized by crime.
我认为质疑她保持公正的能力
I think it's reasonable to question
是合理的
her ability to be impartial.
她刚刚说了她能够保持公正
She just said she could be fair-minded.
我相信她自己确实是这么认为的
And I'm sure she believes that.
你的有因回避动议不成立
Your motion to strike for cause is denied.
如果你有顾虑 你可以使用
If you have concerns, you can use one of the few
你仅剩的几次无因回避机会
peremptory strikes you have left.
不用了 谢谢 法官阁下
No, thank you, Your Honor.
道理很简单 如果更多的人被执行死刑
It's simple. If more people were executed,
或许死刑
maybe the death penalty
就能起到它应有的作用
would work the way it should work
罪犯们在犯罪前可能会多犹豫一下
and criminals just might think twice.
法官阁下 我举双手要求剔除这个陪审员
Your Honor, I'd give a dozen strikes to dismiss this juror.
我冒着生命危险保护这个国家
I put my life on the line to defend this country.
我的朋友为此付出了生命
Friends of mine have died for it.
所以是的 如果这个人真的背叛了美国
So, yeah, if this guy's guilty of betraying the U.S.,
那么我认为死刑很合适
I think capital punishment is appropriate.
无意冒犯 我要求剔除该陪审员
Respectfully, I move to strike for cause.
-因为他是退伍军人吗 -不
- Because he's a veteran? - No,
因为显然 他已经认为我有罪了
because it appears - he already thinks I'm guilty.
他说的是如果你有罪
He said "If" you're guilty.
我在美国公民自♥由♥协会多久了 28年
How long have I been with the ACLU? 28 years.
我是持卡成员
I'm a card-carrying member.
想看我的卡吗
Would you care to see the card?
不用了
That won't be necessary.
法官大人 辩方可以接受这位陪审员
Your Honor, this juror is acceptable to the defense.
但控方不接受 强烈要求剔除 法官阁下
But not the prosecution. Peremptory strike, Your Honor.
-要求剔除 -法官阁下 要求剔除
- Move to strike. - Your Honor, please strike.
-剔除 法官阁下 -事实是 我讨厌
- Strike, Your Honor. - Truth is, I detest any form
所有所谓政♥治♥正确 所谓的识时务
of political correctness, conventional wisdom,
或者政♥府♥干涉
or government intrusion.
你相信法治吗
Do you believe in the rule of law?
该由精英进行裁决 而不是法律
The best and the brightest should rule, not the law.
法官阁下 辩方接受这位陪审员
Your Honor, the defense accepts and welcomes this juror.
要求剔除
Move to strike.
所以 你喜欢哈巴狗
So...you like pugs.
不 我是爱它们
No, I love pugs.
哪怕它们爱挠痒爱大声喘气
Even with all the scratching and the wheezing,
到处放屁流口水
the drooling and the gassiness?
那只是传言 哈巴狗不会...
That is a myth. Pugs don't suffer --
我觉得你爱它们正是因为它们的痛苦
I think you love them because they suffer.
也许 是因为你自己很痛苦
Perhaps because you suffer.
我们是在选择陪审团 雷丁顿先生
This is jury selection, Mr. Reddington,
不是心理治疗
not group therapy.
法官阁下 这位陪审员说她支持死刑
Your Honor, this juror said she favors the death penalty
而她丈夫是个警♥察♥
and that her husband was a cop.
无意冒犯 但她显然
With all due respect, she certainly qualifies
和我这方有冲突
as an obvious dismissal on my part.
我知道 我也知道
I'm aware of that. I'm also aware
你已经没有无因回避权了
that you are out of peremptory challenges.
后面的陪审员你只能以合理理由剔除
You may strike subsequent jurors for good cause only,
喜欢哈巴狗不算
and loving pugs isn't cause.
但这个理由很好 它给人希望
Ah, well, you see, but it is. It's cause for hope.
只有那些拥有足够同情心的人
Only people with a healthy dose of empathy
才有可能珍爱如此麻烦的小野兽
are capable of caring for beasts with such deficits.
你说我的哈巴狗是野兽吗
Did you just call my pugs beasts?
有些人就是这么看待它的 但你显然没有
That's what some people see. You clearly see something else.
我知道我看见了什么 而且我很不喜欢
I know what I see, and I don't like it.
有点耐心
Give it time.
我就喜欢挠痒还有气喘
I've been known to wheeze and scratch.
口水胀气的部分我们就不讨论了吧
I prefer not to discuss the drool and the flatulence.
法官阁下 辩方接受这位陪审员
Your Honor, this juror is acceptable to the defense.
真好 因为我已经打算接受了
Good to know, because I'm seating her.
女士 你可以离开了
Ma'am, you may be excused.
下一个预陪审员
Call the next juror.
好的 我来了 时刻准备着
Okay, here I am. Ready to serve!
好的 谁有问题
Okay, who's got questions?
法官阁下 我们在这里坐了好几小时了
Y-Your Honor, we've been at this for several hours now.
能不能休息一下
Might we take our mid-morning break?
我有点 不舒服
I'm feeling a little...unwell.
就要十五分钟 腿不麻了就行
Just 15 minutes till I get my legs back.
好吧 暂时休庭
Very well. We shall be in recess.
中毒 在这里吃饭的时候吗
Poisoned? While eating here?
-我们认为是的 -他们一周前在这里用过餐
- We believe so, yes. - They had lunch here a week ago.
我不记得他们了
Yeah, I-I don't remember them.
但厨房♥确实出过一件事
But there was an incident in the kitchen.
什么事
What kind of incident?
进来了一个陌生人
A stranger wandered in.
有一个勤杂工跟了出去
One of the busboys followed him out.
因为没丢什么东西
I mean, nothing was taken,
所以我就没多想
so I didn't give it another thought.
勤杂工在吗
Is the busboy here today?
我们想和他聊聊
We'd like to speak to him.
我想这不太可能
You know, I'm afraid that won't be possible.
他有可能认出凶手
He may be able to I.D. the killer.
我很愿意合作
Look, I-I want to cooperate with you
我相信他也愿意 但是你们是联调局的人
and I-I'm sure he does, too, but you're with the FBI,
-而他 -是非法移♥民♥
- and he's -- - Undocumented.
现在的情势下
And in the current climate,
人们不愿意和执法部门有牵涉
people are understandably reluctant to talk to law enforcement,
哪怕因为谋杀
even about murder.
我们不想举报谁
We're not looking to report anyone.
我们只想破案
We're just looking for some answers.
我叫阿兰姆
Me llamo Aram.
你好
Mucho gusto.
这是我所有会说的西语了
Uh, yeah, that's -- that's the extent of my Spanish.
我们高中第一学期的课
It was a first period in high school
我一直不喜欢早起
and I've never really been much of a morning person.
好的
Right.
是这样
Okay, uh, here's the thing.
我父母也是难民
My parents were refugees.
这位纳瓦比探员 她本身就是政♥治♥难民
Agent Navabi was - a-a political refugee herself.
告诉他我们两个都支持特赦条款
Tell him that we both believe in amnesty.
只要他把事情告诉我们 我们马上就走
And that we'll go as soon as he tells us what he knows.
他在厨房♥见到一个男人
He saw a man in the kitchen.
他问对方在那里做什么
And he asked him what he's doing here.
那人就跑了
He took off.
他追他到街头
He chased him down the block.
看到他在梅肯酒店前面打车走了
Where he saw him get into a taxi in front of Hotel Macon.
非常感谢
Muchas gracias.
谢谢
Thank you.
我们支持吗
We both feel that way?
我想让他放松点
Well, I wanted him to feel comfortable.
我不觉得该让他知道
I didn't think trying to convince him
你其实是个可爱的犹太复国主义者
that you're actually a lovable Zionist was the way to do it.
纳瓦比和莫伊塔巴尔探员 联调局的
Agents Navabi and Mojtabai, FBI.
我们要跟你们的安全主管谈谈
We need to speak with your head of security
需要一份能看到出租车等候区的监控录像
about any surveillance footage you might have of the cab stand.
这辆出租车上面车牌号♥是你的
The license plate on the cab is yours.
是我的车 还搭了个疯狂的客人
My cab, my crazy passenger.
-你记得他 -当然
- You remember him? - Sure.
剧集 | 罪恶黑名单 | 导航列表