剧集 | 树墩城侦探 | 导航列表
'cause you are not.
明白吗 是你需要我 霍夫曼
Alright? You need me, Hoffman.
你是个按规则办事的人
You're a rule follower.
说实在的
I mean, let's be honest.
你家估计世代都是警♥察♥
You probably come from a cop family.
怎么 你爹希望你哪天能当局长
What, your daddy wants you to be Chief one day,
所以你的履历上不能有任何瑕疵
so you can't have a scratch on your perfect, little record.
是不是
Isn't that right?
我真是无言以对
You got me pegged.
你说得太对了 格雷
You got me pegged, Grey.
我都不知道你出现之前我是怎么办案的
I don't know how I did my job before you came around.
你知道吗
You know what?
就凭你刚才信口开河
I could drop you from this right now
我就能把你撤了 很简单
for running your mouth -- easy.
那你撤啊
Then do it.
糟糕不在场证明酒吧
蒂姆 没想到你会这么快联♥系♥我
Tim. Wasn't expecting to hear from you so soon.
是啊 我和杰里米约好今晚一起吃饭
Well, Jeremy and I were supposed to have dinner tonight,
但是很不巧 我得出趟远门
but, uh, unfortunately, I have to leave town.
真的吗
Seriously?
所以我想拜托你 帮我转告他
Thought maybe... - you could tell him for me?
不 你自己和他说
No. Tell him yourself.
听着 我明白 你当时才18岁
Look, I get it. You were 18.
你签署协议将一个婴儿的监护权
You signed over parental rights of an infant
转给了他的毒瘾老妈
to his drug addict mother.
你现在有机会弥补一切
So now is a chance for you to make everything right.
不要又变成一个落跑老爹 伙计
Don't be another deadbeat parent, man.
别跑了
Don't bail.
我最后还是会让他失望的
I'm gonna let him down eventually.
现在离开总比以后失望强
It's better now than later.
不 不是的 好吗
No. No, it's not, okay?
他需要你
He needs you.
你不需要很完美
You don't have to be perfect.
你只需要...在他身边
You just have to be... there.
对不起
Sorry.
我做不到
I can't.
我不是那个人
I'm not that guy.
她当时没有毒瘾
She wasn't a drug addict.
什么
What?
一团糟的人是我 不是雪莉
I was the screw-up, not Sherri.
她是个好妈妈
I mean, she was a good mom.
所以我才放弃了我的权利
That's why I signed my rights over.
雪莉有吸毒史
Sherri had a history with drugs,
所以儿童保护服务中心把杰里米从她身边带走
which is why CPS took Jeremy away from her.
她吸可♥卡♥因♥过量
She OD'd on cocaine.
我不知道这二十年发生了什么
I don't know what happened in the past 20 years,
但我了解当年的雪莉 我告诉你
but I knew Sherri back then, and I'm telling you,
在我离开的时候 她就是一个好女人
she was a Goody-Two-Shoes right up till the day I left.
不管谁说她有毒瘾 那肯定是在撒谎
So whoever said that she was a drug addict, they're lying.
好了 你也没法干什么了
Okay, you won't be able to go any further,
那就把扳手给我
and then hand me the wrench.
你刚刚换了你人生中第一个轮胎
You just changed your first tire.
我换了个轮胎
I changed a tire.
好样的
Good work.
我要接一下这个 好吗
I got to grab this, okay?
嗯
Yeah.
麦克斯
Hey, Max.
利奥有一辆奥蒂R8的线报
Leo got a tip on an Audi R8.
准备好进行你第一次正式行动吗
Ready for your first official boost?
我们不喜欢搞内陆印第安社区
We're not affiliated with the Inland Indian Community.
我知道 但是 你知道的
Yeah, I know, - but, um, as you can imagine,
部落里不喜欢
the tribe isn't super psyched
有外来人到处打探
to have an outsider poking around.
那你为什么要打探
So why are you poking around?
我的委托人母亲曾经是部落的人
Well, my client's mother was a member of the tribe.
有些细节不对劲
Some of the details just don't add up.
我想找保留地的人帮忙
So I was hoping someone on the reservation could help.
你委托人的母亲曾经是我们的人 但委托人不是
Your client's mother was a member, but not your client?
他是被收养的
Well, he was adopted.
收养机构也不愿意透露
And the adoption agency isn't exactly forthcoming.
这个收养机构是叫做美好心灵吗
This adoption agency, was it called Graceful Heart?
你知道吗
You know it?
我太了解了
Unfortunately, all too well.
他们以前经常会盯上有困难的部落人
They used to target vulnerable tribe members
然后夺走他们的孩子
and take their children away.
我以为政♥府♥在极力阻止这种事
I thought the government tried to stop all that.
《印第安儿童福利法》
The Indian Child Welfare Act
没有你想象中的效果那么好
doesn't work as well as you think it does.
他们怎么得逞的
Well, how did they get around it?
他们很积极
They were aggressive.
他们似乎知道该在什么时机对谁下手
They seemed to know exactly who to target and when.
你觉得有内部的人参与吗
You think this was an inside job?
这样就能解释得通了
Would've explained a lot.
贝蒂·威尔斯 娘家姓佩里
Betty Welles, maiden name Paley.
我做了一些调查 我发现
I, uh, did some digging, and I discovered
你曾经是儿童保护服务中心的人
that you used to work for Child Protective Services.
事实上 就是你
In fact, you were responsible
把雪莉·渔人的儿子带走的
for taking Sherri Fisher's son away from her.
-不是吗 -帕利奥斯小姐
- Weren't you? - Ms. Parios --
其实那是反问句
Actually, that was -- that was a rhetorical question.
我可以证明这一点
I can -- I can prove that.
但我不知道
But what I don't know
以及我很想问的是 为什么
and what I would love to talk about is, why?
雪莉·渔人并没有吸毒
Sherri Fisher had no prior history
或者酗酒史
of drug or alcohol addiction.
那你为什么要写报告称
So why did you write a report
她是一个不称职的母亲
that said she was an unfit mother?
我不欠你什么解释
I don't owe you an explanation.
但是你欠我委托人一个解释
But you owe my client one.
杰里米·史蒂文斯
Jeremy Stevens.
雪莉·渔人的儿子 你还记得他吧
Sherri Fisher's son. You remember him?
应该不记得了
Eh, probably not, no.
你把他从他母亲的怀抱里
He was only 6 months old
夺走时 他才六个月大
when you ripped him from his mother's arms.
我救了他
I saved him.
他生在一个不纯的家庭
He was born into an impure family.
我给他找到了一对善良的天主教父母
I found good, Christian parents for him.
不 你从善良的当地家庭中
No, you were stealing babies
偷走婴儿
from perfectly good Native families
把他们给根本不知道
and giving them to innocent people
他们是从哪里来的无辜父母
who had no idea they were being had.
这是上帝的安排
It was the Lord's work.
是吗
Yeah?
上帝给你多少钱
And how much was the Lord paying you?
不好意思
Excuse me.
我想...我想应该是回扣
I'm thinking, um -- I'm thinking kickbacks.
收养小孩的家庭会有免税额度 对吗
Families who adopt a kid get a tax credit, right?
所以我想 有些家庭
So I'm thinking - that some of those families
在退税的时候 会给你点什么
give you a little something when the tax returns come in.
至少在美好心灵关停之前
At least until Graceful Heart shut down.
天 那对你来说肯定是重创
God, that must've been a hit.
我们做了我们该做的事
We did what was necessary.
所以你一点都不后悔
So no regrets?
一点也不
Not a one.
我就觉得你会这么说
I figured you would say that.
这些破手♥机♥的麦还是很不错的
You know, the mics on these suckers are pretty good.
现在后悔了吗
Any regrets now?
请删掉
Delete that, please.
不 我想不要
No, no, I don't think I will.
删掉
Delete it.
认真的吗 在教堂里呢
Really? In a church?
剧集 | 树墩城侦探 | 导航列表