剧集 | 虚拟幻梦 | 导航列表
You told me you wouldn't ask me to stop.
下船
Get off this boat.
让我留下吧
Let me stay.
不行
No.
这不是真实的
That's not real.
那我怎么能感到枪在我手中
Then how come I can feel it in my hands?
如果我在幻梦空间里打你一枪 你会死吗
If I shoot you in my Reverie, do you die?
还是会醒呢
Do you wake up?
你觉得呢
What do you think happens?
玛拉
Mara...
这是莫妮卡·肖 我们的投资者之一
This is Monica Shaw, one of our investors.
莫妮卡 玛拉·肯特
Monica, Mara Kint.
-你好 -很高兴见到你 玛拉
- Hello. - A pleasure, Mara.
我期待很久了
I very much looked forward to meeting you.
真的吗 为什么
Really? Why?
我听说你成功解决了托尼·雷顿的事
I heard about your success with Tony Lenton.
干得漂亮
Excellent work.
-恭喜你 -谢谢
-Congratulations. - Thank you.
消息传得很快
Word travels fast.
别怪查理
Oh, don't blame Charlie.
关注运营情况是我的工作
It's my job to keep an eye on operations.
-我应该害怕吗 -当然不
- Should I be nervous? - Of course not.
我能跟你说几句吗
Can I talk to you a second?
抱歉
Excuse us.
那是谁
Who is that?
是我该担心的 不是你
My worry, not yours.
-还出现过副作用吗 -没有
- Any more side effects? - No.
随便啦 保罗说只是暂时的
Anyway, Paul said that they're temporary.
你听话那就是暂时的
Temporary if you follow instructions,
据我了解 你不太会听话
which in my experience is not something you do.
我会好的
I'll be fine.
你大脑里的那个装置是很强大的 玛拉
That device in your brain is incredibly powerful, Mara.
你别玩脱了
Don't mess with it.
医生们给瑞秋开了新的药
The doctors tried a new medication on Rachel.
让她的心跳暂时慢了下来
It calmed her heart down, for now at least.
回家吧
Go home.
好好休息
Get some rest.
你为什么这么关心她 查理
Uh, why are you so concerned about her, Charlie?
她用一种我们几乎不了解的技术
She's running around in other people's brains,
在其他人的脑海里东奔西跑
using a technology we barely understand.
你不觉得值得关心吗
You don't think that's concerning?
你以前从没提到过
You've never mentioned being concerned
对这种技术的关心
about the technology before.
你为什么这么担心她 查理
Why are you so worried about her, Charlie?
走吧
Let's go.
瑞秋的妈妈叫米里亚姆·考夫曼
Rachel's mother was Miriam Kauffmann.
她1993年死于宫颈癌
She died in 1993 of cervical cancer.
三十一岁
She was 31 years old.
-还有什么别的 -没有了
- Anything else about her? - Not really.
在瑞秋的社交媒体中
Okay, how many times is Miriam mentioned
米利亚姆出现了几次
in Rachel's social media posts?
三次
Three times
分别是八 五 和四年前
eight, five, and four years ago.
没有更近的吗
Not more recently?
比如说四个月前 她姨妈死的时候
Like, maybe, four months ago, when her aunt died?
没有
Nope.
你检索一下
Okay, what do you get
米利亚姆和维特
when you search Miriam
这两个词
with the word Vater?
无结果
No hits.
单独查维特的时候呢
But what do you get on Vater alone?
根据一本辞典的说法
According to one dictionary,
这个词的意思是讨厌情人节的人
it can mean a Valentine's Day hater,
或是喝污浊液体的行为【
or the act of drinking a foul liquid.
没什么用
Okay, well, that's not helpful.
这名字在德国很常见
It's a common name in Germany,
但是在那里的发音不一样
but it's pronounced differently there.
-怎么发音 -维赫特
- How is it pronounced? - Vah-ter.
是什么意思
And what does that mean in English?
她发错音了
She mispronounced the name.
她以为是维特
She thought it was Vater.
-就像达斯·维达吗 -没错
- Like Darth Vader? - Yeah, exactly.
但发音是维赫特
But it's "Vah-ter,"
在德语里是父亲的意思
German for father.
考夫曼是个德国名字
Well, Kauffmann is a German name.
看来程序把二者联♥系♥起来了
I can see the program making that leap.
我想她认为程序能
I think that she thinks that the program
带她去找她父亲
is leading her to her father.
这有可能吗
Is that possible?
程序的设计是给出你想要的
The program's designed to give you what you want,
要么是你说出你想要的
either what you say you want
要么是程序感知到你的需求
or what it senses you need.
所以如果程序感知到她的这个需求
So if the program sensed that need in her,
当然也许会把她父亲带入场景里
sure, it might introduce her father to the narrative.
但这需要有关他的数据才行
But it would need data about him to work from.
但是根本找不到他的踪迹
But there's no sign of him anywhere.
在她的出生证明上 父亲一栏写的是无名氏
On her birth certificate, he's listed as John Doe.
如果你说的没错
If you're right,
程度在幻梦空间设置了他的父亲
and the program put him in the Reverie,
那肯定是发现了什么
then it must have found something.
也许在她的笔记本电脑里
You know, it might be on her laptop.
设计软件也在里面
The design app would be there,
程序从硬盘中获取了数据
and it pulls data from the hard drive.
你要我黑一台笔记本电脑吗
You want me to hack into a laptop?
很多人都可以做到
A lot of people here can do that.
但是保罗说你是整个办公室里最厉害的
But Paul says you're the best in the office.
他说得对 但我有工作要做
He's right, but I have work to do.
主要是时间问题 这件事必须快速解决
Time is kind of an issue, this has to be done fast,
而你是最厉害的
and you are the best.
-奉承我是没用的 -那怎样才有用
- Flattery won't help you. - Okay, what will?
你知道我获得了麦克阿瑟天才奖吧
Do you know that I received a MacArthur Grant?
美国文化界的最高奖项
我不知道那是什么
I don't know what that is,
但是听起来非常厉害
but that sounds very impressive.
那是颁给各个领域天才们的奖项
It's given to geniuses in their field.
我17岁就拿到这个奖了
I got it when I was 17.
你竟然叫我去做这种简单任务
That's the work you're asking me to interrupt.
我说了 你很厉害
Like I said, impressive.
太好了
Yes.
你父母有来过办公室吗
Do your parents ever come to the office?
为什么这么问
Why?
我想见见他们
I would like to meet them.
我之前在迪兰聊
I was talking to Dylan.
他提到你小时候 和他一起
He mentioned things you and he did when...
做的事
you were little.
是基于你家里的某个人吗
Is he based on somebody in your family?
是有什么灵感吗 还是...
Was there, like, an inspiration there, or...
迪兰是人工智能
Dylan is an artificial intelligence.
这个问题毫不相关
The question is irrelevant.
打开了
This is open.
我有很重要的工作要做
I have real work to do.
瑞秋在她姨妈家整理的时候
Rachel found the picture in her aunt's house
找到了这张照片
when she was cleaning it out.
她写了一整篇关于这张照片的日记
She wrote a whole journal about it.
就在这台笔记本电脑里
It's all right there on the laptop.
那是她母亲
That's her mother,
她认为照片里的那个男人就是她父亲
and she thinks that that man right there is her father.
看长相的话 她应该想得没错
Well, based on appearances, I'd say she could be right.
她姨妈从来没给她看过那张照片
The aunt never showed her the picture,
并且否认知晓她父亲的任何事情
denied knowing anything about the father,
然后她发现了 勃然大怒
so then, when she found it, she went into a rage.
剧集 | 虚拟幻梦 | 导航列表