剧集 | 国务卿女士 | 导航列表
我是参议院外交关系委员会的成员
I'm a member of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee.
你还从事农业呢
Oh, you're also on agriculture.
肯塔基州最大的产业是农业
And one of Kentucky's biggest industries is farming,
然而 对于补贴 价格控制
and yet, not a word about subsidies or price controls
或者任何对你本职有用的话却只字不提
or anything that would play to your base.
只谈外交政策
Just foreign policy.
一个内陆州的参议员
For the senator of a landlocked state.
你反对援助计划并不是出于原则
You didn't block that aid package out of principle;
你这么做是因为你知道你制♥造♥的问题
you did it because you knew the mess you were making
会由国务卿女士麦考德来背锅
would land on Secretary McCord,
她会因此被诟病
and she'd be stained by it.
你想说什么
What's your point?
你要竞选总统
You're running for president.
你想要根除
And you're trying to eliminate
一个你担心会成为你竞争对手的人
someone you're afraid could be your competition.
不...不管我做或者没做
Whoa. What... Whatever I may or may not be doing,
显然我不需要向一位
I certainly don't have to explain myself
内阁部长的政策顾问解释
to a cabinet secretary's policy advisor.
也是一个拉丁裔同性恋女性
And a queer Latinx woman at that. Wow.
我满足你讨厌的一切因素
Everything you hate.
这对你来说肯定很困难吧
It must be really hard for you.
今天放你进来是出于礼貌 凯特
Squeezing you in today, Kat, was a courtesy.
你似乎对"礼貌"二字不怎么熟悉呢
?A concept you seem relatively unfamiliar with.
如果你有什么信息 我建议你快说
If you have a message for me, I suggest you send it.
是你把这事牵扯到个人的
Well, then here it is. You've made this personal.
如果你再敢牵扯到我上司的家人
And if you ever use my boss's family again,
下次来找你的就不是我了
the next visit you will get will not be from me.
会是她来 她不会以国务卿或候选人的
It'll be from her, and she won't be here as Secretary of State
身份来 她会作为一个要保护家庭的
or as a candidate; she will be here as a mother
母亲而来
protecting her own.
相信我 你绝不会想
And believe me, that is the one way
见到那个身份的国务卿女士
you do not want to meet Madam Secretary.
这是威胁吗
Is that a threat?
不 参议员
Oh, no, Senator.
这是礼物
That was a gift.
我的父亲为国家而献身 国务卿女士
My father died for this country, Madam Secretary,
他的国家就如此报答他
and this is the way his nation repays him?
非常抱歉
I'm so sorry.
但是至高无上的官僚
But the all-powerful bureaucracy
已经宣告了 是吗
has spoken, right?
他们还说我的父亲是个懦夫
And they've branded my father a coward.
他不是懦夫
He wasn't a coward.
他可是英雄
He was a hero!
我唯一能够控制的
The only thing that I have control of
就是我要告诉你的事
is what I tell you.
我选择告诉你事实
I chose to tell you the truth,
因为我认为这是你应得的
because I think it is the least you are owed.
但是这并不能缓解伤痛
But it doesn't take away the pain.
不 我也没这个期望
No. I don't imagine that it does.
但是我想我们可能有办法
But I think that we may have found a way
适当地缓冲打击
to cushion the blow just a little bit.
您父亲的档案仍将保密
Your father's file will remain classified.
但是当人们问起
But when people ask...
他为什么不在阿林顿国家公墓 如果大家问起
why he's not in Arlington, like everyone else,
我怎么说呢
what do I say?
告诉他们你选择在你的家乡举♥行♥
You tell them that you opted for a private family funeral
私人家庭葬礼
in your hometown.
因为他的记录是封存的
And because his record is sealed,
戴维·佩利基金会的工作
the David Paley Foundation's work,
你投入毕生心血的工作
the work that you have devoted your life to,
将以他的名义继续
will continue in his name.
那他的名声是安全的
So his legacy is secure.
永远
Forever.
他要回家了 格洛莉亚
And he's coming home, Gloria.
道尔顿盟友胜利在望
国会选举的初步结果
Preliminary results from congressional races
已经开始陆续公布
have started to roll in.
我以为你直接去多佛了
Oh, hey. ?I thought you were headed to Dover.
要去的 我有
Yeah, I am. I've got about...
三分钟时间换衣服 拿巧克力
three minutes to get dressed and grab a bar
再出门
and get out the door.
-你不要去参加竞选派对吗 -不 我退出了
- Don't you have an election party to get to? - No, I quit.
为什么
Why?
你知道学生贷款减免的事吗
You know that student loan forgiveness thing?
知道
Yeah.
帕瓦诺放弃了
Pavano bailed on it.
你的同伴也有弱点哦
Your guy had clay feet, huh?
不是我的同伴 不再是了
Not my guy. Not anymore.
我压根就没给他投票
I didn't even vote for him.
你投给温特了
You voted for Winter?
不 我谁也没投
No. I didn't vote for anyone.
什么
What?
这些家伙都一个德行 妈妈
All of these guys are exactly the same, Mom.
对帕瓦诺的立场
How much of what
你相信多少
Pavano stood for did you believe in?
这不重要
It doesn't matter.
那个混♥蛋♥放弃了他的贷款减免计划
That jerk bailed on his loan forgiveness initiative.
我们这一代人
And my generation isn't
不再容忍♥伪君子了
putting up with hypocrites anymore.
现在是新时代了
It's a new day.
有95%吗
So, say, 95%?
你就没听我说
You're not even listening to me.
我知道要点了
Oh, I got the gist.
你的同伴妥协了
Y-your guy compromised,
接着
and...
现在你完全退出了竞选程序
now you're checking out of the process completely?
-还会有其他竞选的 -不
- Look, there will be other elections. - ?No. Uh-uh.
不对
Nope.
很遗憾你的幻想破灭了
I am sorry that you were disillusioned.
适应吧 艾莉森
Get used to it, Alison,
因为民♥主♥是有弊端的
because democracy is flawed.
下一个不会让你失望的候选人
And the next candidate who doesn't let you down
就排在首位
will be the first.
我刚飞了半个地球
I just flew halfway around the world
去寻找那些为了保护这个国家
to recover the bodies of patriots
而奉献生命的爱国者的遗体
who gave their lives to protect this country.
他们和成千上万的美国人一起
They died along with hundreds of thousands
在无数场战争中死去
of Americans in too many wars
才换来你艾莉森·麦考德的选举权
so Alison McCord could have the right to vote.
你却因为你的同伴在一个小问题上退缩
And you won't honor that
就放弃这个权利
because your guy caved on a single issue?
我的投票站在银泉市
My polling place is in Silver Spring.
-我都来不及了 -要车队是干嘛的
- I won't even make it in time. - That's what a motorcade is for.
我去多佛 捎你过去
I'll drop you off on my way to Dover.
换衣服去
Get dressed.
在此处投票
入场...
Present...
行礼
arms!
准备
Ready.
放下
Down.
准备
Ready.
整理国旗
Cover.
立正
Order...
行礼
arms!
投票站
已投票
菲律宾
1945年5月20日
跳 跳 跳
Go! Go! Go!
跳 跳 跳 跳
Go! Go! Go! Go!
后退 后退 跳 跳
Back up! Back up! Go! Go!
指示空速在350公里/小时保持稳定
I.A.S. holding steady at 190 knots.
高度约2400米
Altitude 8,000 feet.
剧集 | 国务卿女士 | 导航列表