剧集 | 国务卿女士 | 导航列表
was measured and appropriate.
中国宣布新增关税
These tariffs China has announced
是一种危险的过度行为
are a dangerous overreaction.
相反 国务卿女士
To the contrary, Madam Secretary,
你们的投诉是一种挑衅的攻击行为
your complaint was a provocative insult.
正因为你们的行为具有很强的攻击性
So insulting, in fact,
因此我们应该考虑增加适度的关税
that these tariffs should be considered measured.
你是威胁还会有更多的关税吗
Are you threatening more here?
我们在警告您缓和您的语气
We are cautioning you to moderate your tone.
你们只是宣布了增加关税就导致美国股市暴跌
The announcement alone has caused U.S. stocks to plummet.
我们不能坐视不理
We can't let that go unanswered.
所以现在您在威胁我们
So now you're threatening us.
我们为什么不坦率地谈谈
Why don't we just talk honestly
然后在事态恶化之前逐步降级呢
and de-escalate before it comes to that?
明 现在到底是什么情况
What is really going on here, Ming?
在你如此轻率地行动之前
You should have considered the consequences of your actions
你应该考虑清楚你所作行为的后果
before you so rashly embarked on them.
至于是谁可能赢得这场比赛
And as to who might win this contest
看看美国和中国之间的贸易逆差
look at the trade deficit between the U.S. And China.
然后问问自己你赌谁赢
Then ask yourself who you'd bet on.
祝好 国务卿女士
Good day, Madam Secretary.
这跟计划的不一样啊
Well, that didn't go as planned.
这是中国严重的过度反应
It was a massive overreaction by China.
这正是我们想要避免的事
Which is exactly what we wanted to avoid.
我撤销了向世贸组织的申诉 拉塞尔
I signed off on the WTO complaint, Russell.
然而 我们不能让这个事态继续下去
Nevertheless, we can't let this stand.
我和我的团队已经制定了一个初步的
My team and I have put together a preliminary package
关税制裁方案 请您过目 总统先生
of tariffs for your approval, sir.
主要是从纺织品和电子产品开始
It's mostly on textiles and electronics to start.
但我们知道之后会怎么样
But we know how this works.
一旦我们做出反应 中国就会升级冲突
Once we respond, China escalates,
并一直继续
and so on,
直到我们双方都到达极限
until the both of us go over an economic cliff,
还又可能把整个世界都带进沟里去
probably taking the rest of the world with us.
被锁定在中国市场之外几个月
A few months of being locked out of the Chinese market,
我们许多猪肉生产商 大豆种植户
and many of our pork producers, soybean farmers,
就要破产了
they could go under.
我已经开始接到来自
I'm already getting panicked calls
他们国会代表的恐慌电♥话♥了
from their representatives on the Hill.
我们必须反击
We've got to hit back.
我们应该坚持我们的策略
We should stick to our strategy.
我去意大利谈公平劳动与贸易协定
I go to Italy to pressure China
以向中国施压
on the Fair Work and Trade Agreement.
前提是在这个时间点中国能讲道理
That presupposes China can be reasoned with at this point.
为什么我们觉得他们一开始反应如此强烈
Why do we think they reacted so strongly in the first place?
下个月人♥民♥代♥表♥大♥会♥即将召开
People's Congress is coming up next month.
他们要提名李的继任者
They're gonna be naming Li's successor.
也许会存在争议
Could be contentious.
也许他们在尝试在一个
Maybe they're trying to project strength
不确定的时期展现力量
in a time of uncertainty.
他们试图把我们从
They're trying to scare us off of a conversation
公平交易与劳动实践对话中吓跑
about fair trade and labor practices
他们早就想实行了
that is long overdue.
我认为值得
Well, I think it's worth
按照我们的条件试图进行对话
trying to have that conversation on our terms,
尤其是在我们陷入也许
before we get locked into a trade war
-无法阻止的贸易战之前 -是的
- that we might not be able to stop. - ?Yes.
但是如果你的访问没有成果
But if your trip doesn't yield results,
我们将不得不用关税来打击他们
we're going to have to hit them with the tariffs.
我会尽力而为的 先生
I will do my best, sir.
当然
Sure.
只不过是全球经济命悬一线嘛
It's only the global economy hanging in the balance.
你的车队在外面等着 国务卿
Your motorcade is waiting outside, ma'am.
还有一个叫凯特琳·金的女人打电♥话♥来
Also, a woman named Katelyn King called.
她说她在法庭上见过你
She said she met you at court.
对 她说什么
Yeah, yeah, yeah. What did she say?
你向她推荐的那个法律援助机构
That legal aid agency you recommended to her
不接受任何新客户
isn't taking on any new clients.
她在等候名单上 但她在下一次
She's on a waiting list, but she won't be able
听证会之前找不到新的律师
to see anyone before her next hearing.
还有麦克·B来过电♥话♥ 他其实一直在打
Also, Mike B. Called, or rather he keeps calling.
他说 "永远不会太早 但总有可能太晚"
He said, "It's never too soon, but it can always be too late."
我 呃 我会一直打发他走的
I, uh, I'll-I'll keep fending him off.
不 其实我想和他谈谈
No. Actually, uh, I want to talk to him.
给我接麦克·B
Get me Mike B.
有人吗
Knock, knock.
外面有人要见你
So, uh, there's someone here to see you.
什么意思 谁
What do you mean? Who?
格兰特女士
I... Uh, Ms. Grant.
你好 我是安妮·古蒂雷兹
Hi, Anne Gutiérrez.
哦对 安妮修女 带着来自…
Oh, uh, Sister Anne, with the kids from...
是的 来自休斯敦的孩子
Kids from Houston, yes.
-我可以坐下吗 -我要不要...
- May I sit? - Uh, should I...?
修女 我能问你一件事吗
Can I ask you something, Sister?
你可以直接叫我安妮 对别人来说修女可能很奇怪
You can just call me Anne. Sister can be weird for people.
你是怎么过安检的
How did you get past security?
告诉别人你是修女 他们哪里都会让你进
Tell people you're a nun, they'll let you in anywhere.
我会长话短说的
I'll keep this brief.
我了解到国务卿改变行程了
I understand the secretary has had a change of plans.
是的 临时决定的出行计划
Yes, a last-minute trip.
我肯定有人告诉过你
I'm sure someone told you
总是有可能取消的
a cancellation was always a possibility.
他们说了 我也理解
They did, and I understand.
我是说虽然孩子们理解 但我理解
I mean, the kids won't, but I do.
当然 他们仍然会得到贵宾旅行
They'll, of course, still get the VIP tour.
对 我很感激
Yes. I appreciate that.
但在他们赢得了全国公民参与的比赛之后
But they won a nationwide civic engagement contest
还得为这次旅行筹集六个月的资金
and still had to fund-raise six months for this trip.
对他们这样的孩子来说这并不容易
And where they're from, that's not easy.
如果他们见不到国务卿
So if they can't meet the secretary,
他们也应该见见什么人
they deserve to meet someone.
好吧 我去问问副国务卿
Well, I'll check with the undersecretary.
你怎么样
How about you?
我 为什么
Me? Why?
你上过电视 是这个部门的发言人
You're on TV. You're the face of this department.
为什么不是你呢
Why not you?
那个 我 我很忙 所以…
Look, I, um, I'm pretty busy, so...
所以你没时间和15个非裔的孩子谈话
So you don't have time to talk to 15 black and brown kids
即使他们是这辈子第一次乘飞机到达这里
who just took the first plane ride of their lives to get here.
也许他们不想听
Or maybe they wouldn't want to hear
我要说的话 也许你应该
what I have to say right now, so maybe you should
别再烦我了 好吗 修女
just stop bugging me about it, okay, Sister?
你会对他们说什么
What would you say to them?
听着 我知道对这些孩子来说
Look, um, I know these kids hearing
听我这样的人说话很重要 相信我
from someone like me matters, believe me.
但你现在有点咄咄逼人
But you're kind of springing this on me.
所以我们这么办
So here's the thing.
我本应该和国务卿一起去意大利
I was supposed to go with the secretary to Italy,
但我不想去
but I didn't want to.
我有一个女儿 她15个月大了
I have a daughter. She's 15 months old.
我的父母可以照顾她 没什么问题
My parents, they could have babysat, no problem.
但最近 每次她离开我的视线 我都会紧张
Lately, every time she is out of my sight, I get nervous.
我晚上起来看她
I get up in the night to check on her,
差不多时时都去
like, all the time.
有一部分是与袭击有关
And part of it's to do with the attack.
我是说 一群白人
I mean, a bunch of white guys
被需要和像我女儿这样 像我这样的人
were so enraged by the prospect of making space
分享空间的前景激怒了
for someone like my daughter, like me,
他们真的宁愿炸毁白宫
that they would literally rather blow up the White House,
宁可破坏国家 也不要分享国家
rather destroy the country than share it.
而且 我也可以告诉你
剧集 | 国务卿女士 | 导航列表