剧集 | 国务卿女士 | 导航列表
RFK [罗伯特·F·肯尼迪]
今天是大日子 彼得
Big day today, Pete.
耐住性子
Try not to be a jerk.
先生 请让开
Sir, can you move?
不 不
No, no, no, no, no! No!
我的天
Ah, geez.
他回你的短♥信♥了吗
He answer your text yet?
仍然失联 国务卿女士
Still MIA, ma'am.
太好了 这只不过是联♥合♥国♥过去三十年里
Oh, great. It's only the most historic vote
最具历史性的一次投票而已
the U.N.'s taken in the last 30 years,
不用急 大使先生
but sure, take your time, Mr. Ambassador.
俄♥罗♥斯♥和中国是什么情况了
Where are we with Russia and China?
仍然是两个最大的障碍
Still the biggest holdouts.
要承诺提供多少资金啊
How much to commit to the fund,
要接收多少气候变化难民啊...
how many climate-change refugees to take in...
他来了
There he is.
早上好 哈里曼大使
Good morning, Ambassador Harriman.
纽约曾经是美国国内
New York used to be the one place in America
人们最懂得如何在熙熙攘攘的街头走路的地方
where people knew how to walk in crowds.
现在不是了 感谢手♥机♥
No more. Thank you, cell phones.
彼得 没什么事吧
Everything okay there, Peter?
对不起 国务卿女士
Sorry, ma'am.
我过来时丢了个东西
I lost something on the way in.
是个幸运符之类的东西
A lucky charm, of sorts.
你觉得你几分钟里能把你的表情调整好吗
Think you can get your game face on in the next few minutes?
对我们来说今天可是个大日子
Got kind of a big day ahead of us.
目前的情况是中国和俄♥罗♥斯♥
So, the state of play is that China and Russia
想让我们一直等到大会上
might make us wait until the chamber
才公布他们的意向 但如果我们在磋商室
for the big reveal, but if we work 'em hard enough
足够努力 我想我们可以让他们说同意
in the consultation rooms, I think we'll get 'em to yes.
而且既然我们面对的是
And since nothing less than the survival
灾难性的气候变化
of a cohesive human society
对人类社会凝聚力的挑战
in the face of catastrophic climate change
我们最好能让他们同意
is at stake, we damn well better.
这才是我要的样子呢 我们走吧
There's my guy. Shall we?
-走吧 -这个幸运符是怎么回事
- Let's. - What was this lucky charm?
是罗伯特·肯尼迪的竞选徽章
It was a Bobby Kennedy campaign pin.
是我小时候得到的
I got it when I was a kid.
那可比幸运兔脚强多了
Oh, wow, it certainly beats a rabbit's foot.
人们还带这些东西吗
People still have those?
感觉放兜里
Seems like a super gross thing
非常傻啊
to carry around in your pocket.
你们觉得怎么样
So, what do you think?
很不错 非常有"麦考德竞选总部"的感觉
Nice. Very "McCord for president."
-嗯 挺好的 -错
- Yeah, it's fine. - Wrong.
非常糟糕
It's terrible.
获胜的总部不应该是"不错"或者"还行"的
The HQs for winning campaigns aren't "Nice" and "Fine."
而应该有种气氛... 充满斗志的
They have a vibe-- scrappy,
不屈不挠的 就像职业拳手
indomitable, like a prizefighter's
在山里面的训练营那样
training camp in the mountains.
这地方... 感觉像是那些因为和太多
This place... feels like the former offices
独♥裁♥者暗中勾结而倒台的
of a lobbying group that went under
游说团体留下来的旧办公室
after playing footsie with too many dictators.
其实它本来就是
Which it is, by the way.
我还有别的事要和你们讨论一下
I have something else I need to discuss with you two.
到永远也不会成为我办公室的办公室来吧
Come on, step into what will never be my office.
我们需要你们来审查一下孩子们
We need you to vet the kids.
国务卿女士知道吗
Does M-Sec know about this?
如果她要是不知道 我们会在这吗
Would we be here if she didn't?
发现卡洛斯·莫雷洪的儿子
Look, finding out that Carlos Morejon's son
在约会...
was dating, um...
他们中间那个娃叫什么来着
Help me out with the middle one.
-艾莉森 -我知道
- Alison. - Knew that.
给我们敲了警钟
...was a wake-up call.
实际上这事对我们有利
Worked out well for us, actually.
但我们要确定那些孩子们的
But we need to make sure that the kids don't have
口袋里不会藏着什么别的大意外给我们
any other big surprises hiding up their gawky young sleeves.
竞选就是个弱肉强食的猎场
Campaigns are feeding frenzies.
和每个孩子都坐下来
Sit down with each of the kids,
找出任何潜在的不利点
ferret out any other potential oppo.
但同时呢 让他们感受一下
But also, give them a sense of what it's gonna be like
被置于火上烤是什么滋味 厉害点
to be in the hot seat. Be tough.
没问题 我们可以办到
Absolutely. We can do that.
我们行吗
Can we, though?
那是什么意思
What's that supposed to mean?
我可以厉害点 你行吗
I can be tough. Can you?
我当然可以了
Yes, of course I can be tough.
我是说 你喜欢被人喜欢
I'm just saying, you like to be liked,
尤其是被麦考德一家喜欢
especially by the McCords.
我真的不想在这里面去扮演白脸的那个人
I just really don't want to be the only bad cop on this.
伙计们 重要的是我已经开始烦了
Guys, the important thing is that I'm bored now,
你们去别的地方争个高下吧
so work this out somewhere else.
尽快回复我
Get back to me ASAP.
我们的大明星来了
The woman of the hour.
谢谢
Thank you, thank you.
做得好 贝丝
Well done, Bess.
谢谢您 总统先生
Thank you, sir.
仍然不知道俄♥罗♥斯♥和中国是否同意啊
Still don't know how you got Russia and China on board.
说实话 我也不知道
Honestly, neither do I.
今天基本上就是一晃而过
The day is basically a blur.
喘口气
Well, take a breath.
回味一下你的成就
Savor your achievement.
言外之意就是 在真正的工作开始之前
The unspoken caveat being, before the real work starts,
我们要努力让提案在参议院通过
we have to try and get this thing through the Senate.
你已经做了这么多
You've taken us this far.
参议院的事让我们去操心吧
Let us worry about the Senate.
以一个辉煌结束你在国♥务♥院♥的工作
End your tenure at State on a high note
你可以带着它宣布你竞选总统
that you can parlay into your presidential announcement.
我很愿意去外交委员会作证
I'm happy to testify to the Foreign Relations Committee.
好让欧文·卡利斯特利用他主席的位置
And let Owen Callister use his position as chair
在你宣布参选之前对你进行攻击
to beat you up right before you announce?
绝对不行 不要为他的竞选提供子弹
No way. Don't give his campaign that ammo.
贝丝 我不用告诉你这段时间
Bess, I don't have to tell you what a tough slog it is
想要让参议院通过任何条约有多难
getting any treaty through the Senate these days.
尤其是这个
This one in particular.
党♥鞭♥的计票统计非常接近
The whip count's extremely tight.
要是失去一两个参议员的话
We lose just one or two senators,
我们的票可能就不够了
and we might not have the votes.
让我来帮你们把选票争取到吧
So let me help you get them.
好吧
Okay.
从来没遇到过一个政客如此愿意
Never met a politician so willing to make it easier
让自己的总统竞选变得更加困难的
to make running for president harder.
我把这句话当成恭维了啊
Well, I'm gonna take that as a compliment.
我想 晚安 总统先生
I think. Good night, sir.
说到这 你决定了什么时候
Speaking of, have you decided when you're going to
正式宣布辞职了吗
officially announce your resignation?
我... 我不知道还能瞒多久
I, uh... I don't know how much longer I can keep it quiet.
我打算明天一早就宣布
Actually, I was thinking first thing tomorrow morning.
没问题
Fair enough.
万一你在宣布之前
If you happen to change your mind
改变主意了
between now and then,
我很乐意撕毁你的辞职信
I'm happy to tear it up.
这场战役中我们总是会需要你
Can always use you in the fight.
我会记住这句话的 总统先生
I'll keep that in mind, sir.
怎么样 你对总统说了明天的计划吗
So? Did you tell POTUS your plans for tomorrow?
我说了
I did.
我还是有点
I still just--
不敢相信这是真的
I can't believe it's happening.
-好了 -不敢相信
- Okay... ?- Not really.
或许这件事会让你感觉真实一点
Maybe this will make it a little more real.
你辞职后 宣布竞选前的假期
剧集 | 国务卿女士 | 导航列表