剧集 | 国务卿女士 | 导航列表
陆军工程兵团
The Army Corps of Engineers
会将神庙一块砖一块砖地搬走
will move the temple brick by brick.
并在你们等待的同时建造临时住所
And build temporary housing while you wait.
我跟我的人♥民♥谈谈
I'll talk to my people,
看看我能做什么
see what I can do.
谢谢你 大卫
Thank you, David.
祝你好运
And good luck.
首先 我们是你的忠实粉丝
First of all, huge fans.
中学时期 每年万圣节
Yeah, I was a Swashbuckler
我都是扮剑客
every Halloween in middle school.
最近也是 因为那家连锁餐厅还开着
And recently, because that franchise is still fresh.
我看了你们的建议书
I've read your proposal.
我当事人的情况有所不同
Can't say the same for my client.
协议很简单 你把岛屿捐赠给瑙鲁
Well, the deal is simple. You donate your island to Nauru,
我们会请美国国税局免除你的债务
and we lean on the IRS to forgive your debts.
艾希丽向你们问好
So, uh, Ashley says hi.
你女朋友 太好了 你好
Your girlfriend. That's great. Hi.
但我只能说不
But I have to say no.
我的当事人非常喜爱他的资产
My client is attached to his asset.
那是块圣地
It's hallowed ground.
我们订婚的地方
The site of our betrothal.
我们举♥行♥婚礼的地方
The locus of our wedding.
你和艾希丽吗
You and Ashley?
恭喜
Congratulations.
但为什么不把婚礼办在
Yeah, but why not just throw your wedding
你的某艘游艇上
on one of your yachts?
某个城♥堡♥里 或者树屋上
Or a castle? Or the tree house?
树屋上
Ooh, the tree house.
因为另一个选择就是监狱
Because the alternative is prison.
监狱
Prison?
监狱是什么意思
What, wha-what do you mean, prison?
-坐牢 -你开支太大了 布莱斯
- Jail. - You're heavily overextended, Bryce.
你跟我说岛屿是很好的投资
You, you told me islands were a good investment.
我才没跟你说
I did not tell you
-岛屿是很好的投资 -你说了
- islands were a good investment. - Yes, you did.
-或软式小型飞船 -软式小型飞船
- Or blimps. - ?Blimps?
软式小型飞船是未来
Blimps are the future.
软式小型飞船才不是未来 布莱斯
Blimps are not the future, Bryce.
-我们讨论过 只是... -我知道
- Hello, we talked about this. Just... - ?I know.
这个问题
How many times do we have to
-我们得讨论多少次 -岛屿 软式小型飞船
- talk about this? - Islands, blimps.
我感觉到这里有矛盾
I am-- I'm sensing some conflict here.
所以要怎么样才行得通
So, how can we make this work?
诺♥贝♥尔♥和♥平♥奖♥
The Nobel Peace Prize?
-只是提名 -确定吗
- Just the nomination. ?- Really?
过不了评委会的 但我担心布莱斯不肯松口
It'll die in committee, but I'm afraid Bryce insisted.
然后我们得到了他的岛
And then we get his island?
美国国税局还未批准
Pending approval by the IRS.
但所有迹象都表明会通过
But all signs point to yes.
下次我说给人家一个奖牌的时候 别给
Next time I say give a guy a medal, don't.
一项拨款法案
An appropriations bill
为其它国家应对气候变化买♥♥单
to pay for other countries to deal with climate change?
我就一个问题 你们是傻子吗
Yeah, just one question on that: a-are you nuts?
只有这样
This is our only way
我们才能启动弹性基金
to get our Resiliency Fund off the ground.
印度 中国 欧盟
India, China, the E.U.
都已表示愿意加入
are already willing to come on board.
但前提是我们必须先采取行动
But only if we make the first move.
-没错 -这是一种善意的表示
- Yes. - It's a gesture of good faith.
作为几十年来世界最大的碳污染国
Made necessary by decades
做出必要的表示
as the world's top carbon polluter.
我们做的还不够吗
Well, haven't we done enough?
我们已经签署了《斯德哥尔摩协议》
We already signed the Stockholm Protocols.
不 那是未来排放的基准点
No. Those were benchmarks for future emissions.
但是很多人 包括瑙鲁人♥民♥
But many people, including the Nauruans,
正在遭受这一切
are suffering now.
阁下 国会会嘲笑我们通不过委员会
Sir, Congress will laugh us out of committee.
56%的美国人♥民♥支持弹性基金
56% of Americans support the Resiliency Fund.
很明显是多数
That's a clear majority.
从什么时候开始多数就够了
And since when is a majority enough?
半数国会在以党争为目的划分的选区服务
Half of Congress serves in gerrymandered districts,
感谢他们的大本营吧
beholden to their base.
像欧文·卡利斯特这样的人根本不会讨论气候变化
Guys like Owen Callister won't even debate climate change.
也许有些人会承认它正在发生
Some others might admit it's happening.
但是采取行动
But take action?
那就另当别论了
You... You got another thing coming.
所以连试的意义都没有吗
So it's pointless to even try?
你是新来的吧
Oh, hello, you must be new here.
你跟格伦谈过了吗
Did you talk to Glenn?
是的 宇航局的预测太令人震惊了
Yeah. NASA's projections are staggering.
这一切正在发生
This is happening.
极端天气会震动
Extreme weather will destabilize countries
全球各个国家
all across the globe.
引发难民潮
Triggering waves of refugees
增长民族主义的势力
and accelerating the rise of ethnic nationalism.
阁下 另一个台风
Sir, there's already
正在太平洋形成
another typhoon forming in the Pacific.
值得一搏
It's worth the fight.
输了就不是这么回事了
Not when we lose.
如果国会否决了弹性基金
If Congress rejects this Resiliency Fund,
这会拖慢我们环境保护议程好几年的进度
it could hamstring our environmental agenda for years.
抱歉 贝丝
I'm sorry, Bess.
我不能让这种情况发生
I can't let it happen.
我们正在去救赎者网络的路上
We're on our way to CRN right now.
我明天会跟瑞典方面确认
Just, uh, I'll check in with the Swedes tomorrow.
好的 谢谢
Okay. Great. Thanks.
是杰伊
That was Jay.
美国国税局的主任顾问
The IRS chief counsel signed off
在布莱斯·曼利的协议上签字了
on the Bryce Manley deal.
瑙鲁同意了吗
And Nauru's on board?
以迁移他们的神庙为条件 是的
Providing we move their temple. Yeah.
那是好消息
Well, that's great news.
是吗
Is it?
迷恋诺贝尔奖
Eccentric, broke movie star
古怪破产影星
with Nobel fetish
捐赠他的私人岛屿
donates his private island?
恐怕我们很难正视这件事
Probably not many times we can go back to that well.
这就是我认为弹性基金
Which is why I thought the Resiliency Fund
是个无脑决定的原因
was a no-brainer.
更夸张的是
The crazy thing is,
他们甚至不能在国会上
they can't even debate
讨论气候变化的危险
the perils of climate change in Congress,
因为某种特殊的利益阴谋不允许他们这么做
because a cabal of special interests won't let them.
像艾力·布莱格这样的人
Guys like Eli Bragg.
拜托
Oh, come on.
你知道救赎者网络全力否认气候变化
You know the CRN is all in on climate change denial.
你想调头吗
Do you want to turn around?
我要给他们施压
Well, I want to hold their feet to the fire.
宝贝 我会去做的
Babe, I'll go there.
只要我们愿意承担后果
As long as we're willing to accept the consequences.
当然
You bet.
我完全赞成共同价值观
Look, I'm-I'm all for shared values.
但是地球正在毁灭
But the planet is dying.
我们必须 至少得讨论一下
We have to, at least, be able to talk about it.
成交
Sold.
我们还有多少时间
All right, how much time do we have?
《创世纪》第二章第15节用了两个希伯来单词
Genesis 2:15 uses two Hebrew words
描述了上帝为什么
to describe God's purpose
将人类安置在伊甸园
in placing man in the Garden of Eden:
"Avad"和"Shamar"
"Avad" and "Shamar."
剧集 | 国务卿女士 | 导航列表