剧集 | 国务卿女士 | 导航列表
避免次大♥陆♥发生核战争
to avoid nuclear war on the subcontinent.
好的
Yes.
谢谢
Thank you.
我的手下好像突然对于我使用迂回手段
Wow. It's like my staff is suddenly surprised
而感到惊讶
that I'm trying to be diplomatic.
我想说的是 我理解他们的担忧
I mean, I share their concerns, yeah.
但是 大局更重要
But, you know, hello, big picture here.
我只是
It's just...
我觉得你在心里评判我
I'm starting to feel silently judged.
我只是在收拾东西 亲爱的
Just unpacking, babe.
28年的老夫老妻了
After 28 years,
我知道你收拾东西是什么样的
I know just unpacking,
现在这表现明显不是
and that isn't it.
好吧 我是有一些惊讶
All right, maybe I'm just a little surprised
你居然放弃公开谴责
that you pivoted from a statement of condemnation
转而向印度提供一系列好处
to a goody bag of incentives for India.
你还是在心里默默评判我吧
Wow. Starting to prefer silently judged.
我当然能理解核协议优先这种做法
Obviously, I understand prioritizing a nuclear deal,
我只是担心
but I just worry
对种族暴♥力♥保持沉默
that a muted response to ethnic violence
可能会助长它的气焰
can help normalize it.
这样可能性微乎其微的协议
And is a long-shot deal
真的值得冒这么大风险吗
really worth that risk?
行吧
Okay.
首先 微乎其微
First of all, long shot?
这或许的确
It's maybe a...
可能性不是特别大
a fairly distant shot, yeah.
而且我们还是可以谴责近期的暴♥力♥行为的
And we can still condemn the recent violence,
用一种沉默的方式
albeit mutedly,
同时又不放弃裁军协议
without giving up on a disarmament deal
这个协议可以让整个世界更加安全
that could make the entire world safer.
所以
So...
就这反应
That's it?
我不想吵架
I like my marriage.
-感受到了 -我知道
- Feels like it. - And I understand
你的工作有多么艰难
how near impossibly difficult your job is.
但你一定会做出正确的选择的
You'll do the right thing.
我相信你
I know you will.
真的假的
Seriously?
美国国家植物园
这棵菩提树是将近70年前
This Bodhi tree was a gift
贵国政♥府♥馈赠的礼物
from your government almost 70 years ago.
这是两国协作的象征 崇蒂塔
It's a symbol of cooperation, Chondita.
菩提树也是
The Bodhi tree was also the site
悉达多的彻悟之地
of Siddhartha's enlightenment.
我也有过顿悟的瞬间
Well, you know, I experienced my own moment of revelation
就在世界差点被核武器摧毁的
when I faced what could befall the world
那千钧一发的时刻
should nuclear weapons ever be deployed.
我同意
I agree.
拥有核武器的巴基斯坦
A nuclear Pakistan
对印度而言是巨大威胁
is an existential threat to India,
但我们也不能为了水资源
but we can't let the U.S. tie our hands
就任由美国掌控我们的命运
over the issue of water.
美国准备为
The United States is prepared to fast-track
一项美印自♥由♥贸易协定开通快速通道
a U.S.-India free trade agreement.
这是道尔顿总统的意思吗
This is coming from President Dalton?
没错
It is.
这个自贸协定会给印度经济带来多大好处
And I obviously don't need to sell you on what a boon
就不用我多言了吧
to your economy it would be.
我会告诉总理的
I will take it to the prime minister.
美国有那么多人♥权♥和种族主义的不良记录
Who is the United States, with its despicable record
又有什么资格指责印度政♥府♥呢
on human rights and racism, to question
何况印度政♥府♥是受制于
the actions of the Indian government
巴基斯坦的暴♥力♥和恐♥怖♥主♥义♥
besieged by violence
以及安插在印度的代理人
and terrorism from Pakistan
才不得已而为之的
and its agents inside India?
我想你指的是 针对最近发生的暴♥力♥事件
I assume that you're referring to the Secretary of State's
国务卿对涉事双方进行的平等指责吧
evenhanded rebuke of the recent violence.
我并不认为她的指责是平等针对双方的
I am, though I wouldn't call it evenhanded.
但是我会更直接
But I will be more direct.
在印度占多数派的印度教♥徒♥
Does the Hindu majority in India
是否有权利维护自己的利益呢
have the right to defend itself or not?
当然有权利了 但是你所说的
Of course it does. But what you're characterizing
印度教♥徒♥维护自己的利益
as the Hindu majority defending itself
其实是标准的针对少数派的恐♥怖♥主♥义♥
is actually textbook terrorism against minorities
印度政♥府♥
with the Indian government
明显站在多数派那一边
turning the other way.
不好意思
Excuse me.
对我而言 这是维护自己利益的反义词
To me, that is the opposite of India defending itself.
至于美国为什么要
And as for the United States' right
批评印度
to call India out...
如果不能保护少数群体的权利
A democracy cannot function
不受多数群体侵害的话
without safeguarding the rights of minorities
民♥主♥就无法运行
against the majority.
-听我说 -印度面临着
- L-Look, you're not... Listen. - India is facing the same problems
-和美国同样的问题 -我承认美国并不完美
- that USA is. - I acknowledge the United States is far from perfect.
虽然美国也有缺点
But one lesson that India can take
但至少有一点值得印度学习
from America, despite our shortcomings,
那就是只有当我们努力包容所有声音时
is that we have only approached our-our democratic ideals
我们才能更接近理想的民♥主♥
when we have striven to include all voices.
终极的问题在于
You know, and the ultimate question
不管是印度 美国
is whether India or the United States
还是任何自称是民♥主♥政体的国家
or any country claiming to be a democracy
是不是真的愿意为了民♥主♥而努力
is willing to do the hard work of actually being one.
好了 现在我们来
Okay. I think we're ready
听听观众的问题
for some questions from the audience.
他们准备了素食吗
They have a vegetarian option all set?
五种开胃菜 三种头盘
?Five appetizers, three entrées.
两种菊苣 我让他们准备三种
Two types of endive-- I asked for three,
但他们不听我的
but they're being hard-asses.
崇蒂塔 很期待今天晚上见到你
Chondita, hi. I am so looking forward to seeing you.
谁不喜欢比利时菊苣啊
I mean, who doesn't have Belgian endive?
恐怕我今天晚上
Actually, I'm afraid I won't be able
不能参加你的晚宴了
to join you for dinner this evening.
不好意思
Oh, I'm sorry.
-发生什么事了吗 -卡特里总理
- Is everything okay? - Prime Minister Khatri
想和我讨论一些事情
has some things that she wants to discuss with me,
包括我们不想加入你们的核协议了
including that we are no longer interested in your nuclear deal.
等等 我不明白
Wait, I don't understand.
问问你丈夫吧
Ask your husband.
你说什么
Excuse me?
-晚安 伊丽莎白 -什么
- Good night, Elizabeth. ?- What?
国务卿女士 第五季 第一集
印度不会是因为亨利退出核协议的吧
India can't be pulling out because of Henry.
《印度斯坦每日简报》的头条文章
It's the top article
就写了这件事 女士
in the Hindustan Daily Bulletin, ma'am.
-这份报纸的读者有多少人 -3亿人
- How many people even read that? - 300 million.
很遗憾
I'm sorry.
真是个大逆转 女士
It was a big swing, ma'am.
不不不 我们还是占主导地位
Oh, no, no, no. We are still at bat.
什么意思
Wait, huh?
卡特里总理和萨曼特部长
Prime Minister Khatri and Minister Samant
还会在这里呆上几天
- are here a few more days. - Mm-hmm.
而且在墨西哥城还有一个峰会
Meantime, there is that-that summit in Mexico City.
毒品走私与安全峰会
Yeah, drug smuggling and security.
巴基斯坦的陆军总参谋长也会参加
Yeah. With, uh, the Pakistani chief of army staff.
-易卜拉欣·奥斯马尼吗 -是的
- Ibrahim Osmani? ?- Yes.
去和他谈谈
Go talk to him.
在墨西哥城吗
In Mexico City?
那不是... 等等
Well, that's where... Wait.
怎么了 克洛伊今晚在家吗
Why? Do you have Chloe tonight?
剧集 | 国务卿女士 | 导航列表