剧集 | 国务卿女士 | 导航列表
Sir, I'm not sure that there's a right answer here.
联盟计划有道理
The coalition plan makes sense,
在理论上
in theory,
不过我们现在别无选择
but our backs are against the wall here.
在迫不得已之时
Push comes to shove,
我同意副总统的方案
I would go with the vice president on this.
那被关在老挝的怀有其他国家
What about the other countries who have citizens
公民的代♥孕♥母亲呢
with surrogates locked up in Laos? I...
抱歉 贝丝
Sorry, Bess.
我同意亨利和特蕾莎的意见
I'm going with Henry and Teresa.
那给老挝的援助方面有任何回旋余地吗
In that case, any wiggle room with the aid package for Laos?
有什么我可以用来谈判的吗
Something that I can negotiate with?
他们在贩卖♥♥人口报告上
They got a failing grade
的得分很差
in the Trafficking In Persons Report.
我们要中止对他们的援助
We're cutting their aid.
你得想办法
You'll have to figure out
在没有谈判条件的情况下释放代♥孕♥母亲
how to get the surrogates released without it.
我尽力吧
I'll do my best.
谢谢大家
Thank you, everyone.
特蕾莎 等一下
Teresa, hang back a minute.
我们得聊两句
We need to talk.
我很抱歉
Listen, I'm sorry.
不用 我们之前也站在过对立面
Don't be. We've been on opposite sides before.
的确 但我也没觉得轻松
Yeah, doesn't make it any easier.
我一直想站在你那边的
I always want to be on your side.
不过这不像我们在吵
But it's not like we're arguing
应该买♥♥多少脂肪含量的牛奶
about what percent fat milk to buy.
性命攸关
Lives are at stake.
我得为总统提供我最好的判断
I've got to offer POTUS my best judgment.
不同的观点意味着更多的选择来拯救生命
Different opinions means more options to save those lives.
永远要百分之二的牛奶
And always two percent
低脂 同样的蛋白质
less fat, same protein.
承认吧 稀得跟水一样
Admit it, it's watery.
我明白你们为什么都想打保守牌
You know, I understand why you all want to play it safe,
尤其是可怜的特蕾莎
especially poor Teresa,
不过令我困扰的事情是
but the thing that's bugging me is,
如果那个消息没有泄露出去
if that leak hadn't happened,
我觉得联盟还是很有希望的
I think that coalition had a pretty decent shot.
特蕾莎在今晚前
Did Teresa know
知道联盟的计划吗
about the coalition plan before tonight?
知道 我提前跟她打过招呼
Yeah, I gave her a heads-up earlier.
她当时也不喜欢
She didn't like it then, either.
不
No.
想想吧
Oh, th-think about it--
消息泄露就迫使道尔顿参与进来
the-the leak forced Dalton to get involved,
并且在美国媒体的关注下
and with the American media watching, of course
他当然要选择对美国有利的计划
he's gonna choose the American-focused plan,
这正是她想要的
which is what she wanted.
不 不可能是特蕾莎泄的密
No, Teresa can't be the leaker.
她是个彻底的政♥治♥家
She's too much of a political animal
不会毁掉自己前途的
to sabotage her own career.
事关家人的时候
With family is involved,
人们会做出意想不到的事情
people will surprise you.
我现在没时间担心那个
Well, I can't worry about that now.
我得想办法如何用手上为数不多的牌
I have to figure out how to get those surrogates released
来释放那些代♥孕♥妈♥妈♥
with what meager cards I have.
-天哪 -早啊
- Good Lord. - ?Hi!
你昨天就穿的这件吧
Is that yesterday's suit?
对 我为了和平公园的事情
Hmm? Yes. I pulled an all-nighter
熬了一夜
working on the Peace Garden issue.
简单地说 我们还是没有钱
In a nutshell: we still don't have the money.
等等 布莱克 明天就是重开日了
Wait, Blake, the reopening's tomorrow.
你觉得我不知道吗
You think I don't know that?
这不是简单的公园派对
This isn't just some garden party.
这是个和我们最亲近的同盟之一
It's a major public diplomacy event
-举办的大型公众外交场合 -我知道
- with one of our closest allies. ?- I know that!
好吧 放轻松 问题是什么
Okay, take it easy. What's the problem?
问题是找不到解决问题的人
The problem is that no one owns the problem,
是和平公园的问题
the Peace Garden problem.
是 理论上来讲 公园管理部
Yes, technically, Park Service owns it,
但是如果日本的要求超出了
but it's not their problem
他们所能给予的 也不是他们的问题
if Japan is asking for more than they can give.
让日本开心是国♥务♥院♥的问题
Keeping Japan happy is State's problem,
但是如果公园管理部有资金困难
but it's not our problem if Park Services
也不是我们的问题
is having money problems.
还有 如果我毁掉了重要同盟的关系
Also, if I torch our relationship with a vital ally,
那我想要在这个办公室不只是做
then my quest to be anything more than an assistant
一个助理的请求就没戏了
in this office is ruined before it even begins,
因为不知怎么回事 我没钱没权
because somehow, I, with no money and no power,
现在要处理这个问题
now own this problem.
我是上帝的孤独人 这就是问题
I'm God's lonely man. That's the problem.
还有 大约五小时前
Also, about five hours ago,
一位非常好的清洁部员工
a very nice man on the cleaning crew
给了我一片药来帮助我保持清醒
gave me a pill to help me stay awake,
然后现在我的手在抖
and now I'm having hand tremors.
我应该没事的 对吗
I'm probably fine, right?
我去给你拿一杯冷水 好吗
I'm gonna get you a glass of cold water, okay?
我们会想出办法的
We're gonna figure this out.
私营企业那边怎么样
Now what about the private sector?
日本带着预算这么晚找上咱们
Japan came to us so late with the budget
我只能努力筹措到一些小的承诺
I've only been able to scare up a few minor commitments.
相信我 讽刺的是
Mm-hmm. ?Believe me, the irony
在我们迫切地需要钱时
is not lost on me that we are desperate for money
那些极其昂贵的礼物一直送进来
while exorbitant gifts keep flowing in.
你要是能把那只表卖♥♥了就好了 是吧
Yeah, well, if only you could sell that watch, right?
那只表 那只表
That watch... that watch.
自从那只表送来以后
You know, my life has been cursed
我的人生就被诅咒了
ever since that watch came into it.
就像《猴爪》
It's like The Monkey's Paw.
或者那是解决所有问题的答案
Or it's the answer to everything.
好吧
Okay.
什么是
?What is...
马特
Oh, Matt,
你是个天才 谢谢
you're a genius. Thank you!
好吧 记得做点深呼吸
Okay, well, remember, do the deep breathing thing.
那真的有帮助 伙计
It really helps, man.
薄木先生 我们不能为了
Mr. Usuki, we can't give you a one-on-one
我们得承认 是一种贿赂
with the secretary for what is--
就让您和国务卿单独会面
let's face it-- a bribe.
不过如果您成为和平公园的一位捐助人
But if you become a donor for the Peace Garden,
我肯定她会亲自为了您的
I-I'm sure she would thank you
慷慨解囊而感谢您
personally for your generosity.
捐助人吗
Donor?
对 您的捐助会成为
Uh, yes, your donation would go towards
公园未来五十年甚至更多的
the upkeep of the garden for the next
维持费
50 years or so.
在我小时候 我的千明奶奶
When I was a kid, my Grandma Chiaki
带我会我们当地的日本花♥园♥
would take me to our local Japanese garden.
我们会坐在锦鲤塘旁的长椅上
We'd sit on this bench by the koi pond
假装我们很有钱
and pretend we were rich.
-她很有趣 -对
- She was rad. - Yeah.
那 好吧
So... yeah.
好吧 雷
Okay. Rae,
-你来处理 -太好了 我会把文件
- take care of it. - ?Oh, great. I'll send over
发来 并且您的名字
the documents, and, of course, your name
会和其他捐助者一同
will be listed among the other contributors
名列公园外的标牌上
on a placard outside the garden.
一同吗
Among?
我不喜欢这种说法
Eh, I don't like that word.
我的名字最好是单独放在多处位置上
My name is better off solo and in multiple locations.
还有 "标牌" 不好
剧集 | 国务卿女士 | 导航列表