剧集 | 国务卿女士 | 导航列表
Did you just trip me on purpose so you could lobby me?
老兄 当然不是 我是你那队的
Dude, of course not. I'm on your team.
今晚不是 但我是支持你的 -天啊
- Not tonight. But I got your back. ?- Oh, my...
我知道国务卿女士
It's just I know M-Sec is looking to make
想和墨西哥签订一份边境安全协议
a border security deal with Mexico,
立法是保障安全的途径
and legalization is the pathway to security.
如果你想的话 我可以给你
If you want, I can introduce you
-介绍一些很好的... -我不想 不想
- to some really good... - No, don't want. Don't want.
-不要游说我了 -我的错 我的错
- Stop lobbying me. - ?My bad. My bad.
我明天给你打电♥话♥
All right? I'll call you tomorrow.
我明天给你发一份关于印度大♥麻♥的白♥皮♥书♥
No. ?I'll send you a white paper on cannabis.
-温 走开 -好的 没问题
- Win, go away. - All right, cool. Yeah.
帮我向戴西问声好
Say hi to Daisy.
下一个谁上
Who's got next?
布兰博先生 我看了你
Mr. Bramble, I've reviewed
申请初步禁令的材料
your application for a preliminary injunction.
谢谢您 法官大人
Thank you, Your Honor.
亚利桑那州
Arizona's policy
强行将父母和孩子分开的政策...
of forcibly separating parents and children...
是的是的 你认为违背了最高条款
Yes, yes. You're arguing the supremacy clause.
但该禁令针对的是一项特别救援
But an injunction is extraordinary relief.
但是我们相信我们成功的可能性
But we believe our likelihood of success on the merits...
我想听听亚利桑那州总检察长的发言
I'd like to hear from the attorney general of Arizona.
可能性很小 法官大人
The likelihood is slim, Your Honor.
为了和联邦法律相适应
The Arizona policy at issue was narrowly crafted
亚利桑那州的该项政策制定得非常精密
to comport with federal law.
该政策和联邦法律背道而驰
It flies in the face of federal law,
-法官大人 -不同的人可以持反对意见
- Your Honor. - Reasonable minds can disagree.
我想我们需要充分裁决
I think we need a full adjudication here.
更大的问题是这项政策
The bigger issue is the irreparable harm
给受到严厉判决的未成年人
posed to the minors who are subjected
-带来了不可修复的伤害 -无稽之谈
- to this draconian decree. - Hysterics, Judge.
只是暂时将
It's a temporary displacement
孩子和父母分离
of children from their parents.
问题不在于
The duration of the separation
分离的时间 而在于分离本身
is not the issue. The fact of it is.
孩子一直都在
Children are legally separated
合法的和父母分离
from their parents all the time.
比如当父母受到监禁的时候
When the parents are imprisoned.
当他们被送到寄养家庭的时候
Uh, when they are placed in foster care.
在法官判决并走完法定程序之后 是的
After an adjudication and due process, yes.
我很好奇居然会在这里见到你
I'm curious to see you here,
杰克逊先生
Mr. Jackson.
这是政♥府♥当前面临的要务
This is a pressing matter for the administration.
重要到总统特使必须出现在
Pressing enough for a presidential emissary
律师席上吗
to appear at counsel's table?
我是持证律师 法官
I am a licensed attorney, Judge.
也是总统的幕僚长
And the president's chief of staff.
别以为我看不出来你在向我施压
Don't think I don't recognize intimidation when I see it.
这是可耻的滥用
?It's a shameful abuse
行政♥权♥力
of executive power.
法官 亚利桑那州藐视联邦政策
Judge, the stakes of Arizona's decision
的目的在于...
to flout federal policy...
这可以在法庭上决定
Can be decided at trial.
申请预先禁令的
The government's motion
政♥府♥动议被驳回
for a preliminary injunction is denied.
-谢谢 法官阁下 -法官
- Thank you, Your Honor. - Judge,
我们的简报里还有六个论据
there are six more arguments in our brief.
这些论据根本不值得考虑
None of which merited consideration.
我觉得 鉴于问题的严重性...
I think, given the enormity of the issue...
布兰博先生 你才是备案律师
Mr. Bramble, you are counsel of record,
而杰克逊先生不是 所以请让他闭嘴
not Mr. Jackson, so either muzzle him,
否则就让他在监狱里过夜时
or he can consider his impertinence
反省自己的粗鲁
during his night in lockup.
-休庭 -全体起立
- Dismissed. - ?All rise.
-谢谢 -不客气
- Thank you. - ?Yeah.
这太不合规矩了 杰克逊先生
This is highly irregular, Mr. Jackson.
我不能进行单方面接触
I don't countenance ex parte communications.
这不是单方面接触 法官阁下
It's not ex parte, Your Honor.
我不是来讨论案子实质的
I'm not here to talk substance.
我很忙 杰克逊先生
I'm busy, Mr. Jackson.
忙得无法保持公正了吗
Too busy to be fair-minded?
你说什么
Excuse me?
你了解这个案子的意义所在
Look... you know the stakes of this case.
对孩子们 对美国政策 对国家来说
For the children. For U.S. policy. For the country.
这些都跟我无关 跟我有关的只有法律
None of that concerns me. Only the law does.
你无视我们的六个论据
The law which you short-circuited
对法律断章取义
by ignoring six of our arguments.
我想知道为什么
I'd like to know why.
几年前 上届政♥府♥把我列在了
I was short-listed by the last administration
上诉法♥院♥席位的短名单中
for an appellate seat years ago.
你知道我为什么还没得到这个席位吗
You know why I still haven't gotten it?
就是因为道尔顿政♥府♥故意刁难
Because the obstructive Dalton administration
觉得我跟他们理念不一致
found me not to its ideological liking.
你们的总统 伊丽莎白·麦考德
Your president, Elizabeth McCord,
和你们的整个团队
your whole cohort is contemptuous
都藐视美国价值观
of American values.
但你们并不代表主流价值观
But you don't represent the majority.
你们代表的是依附于权力又即将
You represent a soon-to-be disempowered minority
被剥夺权力的少数派
clinging to power
你们一心一意地要把国家冲进下水道里
and bent on flushing this country down the sewer.
只要我还在职 被冲走就将是
But the only thing that's going to be flushed on my watch...
你们
is you.
现在滚吧
Now get out.
让我先看看惠特曼先生的日程表
Let me look into Mr. Whitman's schedule,
然后再给你回电
and I'll get back to you.
当然 巴林顿先生
Of course, Mr. Barrington.
是那个温·巴林顿吗
Was that Win Barrington?
是的 他一直想来找杰伊
Yes. He's been trying to get in to see Jay.
不 他一直想要做的是绕开杰伊的助手
No, what he's trying to do is circumvent Jay's assistant
因为他觉得你能让他钻空子 布莱克
'cause he thinks you're a loophole. Blake.
告诉妮娜有人想
?Tell Nina someone's trying
-从她这儿钻空子 -什么
- to loophole her. - I'm sorry?
他说他是个健康倡导小组的代表
He says he's a representative of a wellness advocacy group.
健康倡导 温·巴林顿是想
Wellness advocacy. It's Win Barrington trying
-游说杰伊让大♥麻♥合法化 -没错
- to lobby Jay to legalize pot. - Ah, yes.
看到了吗 你工作的一部分就是挡住
See, part of your job is to sandbag
这样的家伙 他们觉得自己可以
dudes like this who think they can work
绕开门卫
around the gatekeepers
并用蒸发器和水烟枪[均为吸大♥麻♥的工具]
and waste everybody's time
浪费大家的时间
with vaporizers and bongs.
这人就是个小丑
Dude's a clown.
布莱克会跟你细说的
Blake'll fill you in.
好吧 温以前是黛西的未婚夫
Okay. Win was Daisy's fiancée.
她跟他分手以后开始和马特约会
She broke up with him to start dating Matt.
实际上 分手前他们就开始秘密约会了
Well, actually, they were already secretly dating.
是的 顺带说一下
?Yeah. By the way,
我告诉你的可是机密信息 所以...
I'm reading yo in on ?classified information, so...
-当然 没问题 -好 所以
- Oh. Yeah, no problem. - Okay. So, um,
几年前的选举之夜
on election night a few years ago,
马特千方百计地勾引黛西
Matt was making a play for Daisy,
但她最后却跟温回家了
but she went home with Win instead,
所以现在的情况是...
so what you are looking at now is...
两个男主角 最终谁都没得到
Two alphas, neither of whom ended up
女主的心 明白了
with the girl. Got it.
那还帮杰伊预约吗
So, go ahead and make the appointment for Jay?
老天 不 温是个离谱的大♥麻♥说客
God, no. Win's a ridiculous pot lobbyist.
我只是觉得你会对八卦有兴趣
I just thought you'd be interested in the gossip.
你是在建议我去支持一个
You're actually suggesting that I sponsor a bill
切断所有给我家乡州的联邦基金的法案
to cut off all federal funding to my home state?
我建议你帮助孩子们
剧集 | 国务卿女士 | 导航列表