剧集 | 国务卿女士 | 导航列表
输掉战役来赢得战争
Lose the battle to win the war.
现如今好像成功的竞选人
Nowadays it seems like a successful candidate
都要表现出坚定
has to appear resolute,
坚强的品质
unyielding.
你知道上一任成为总统的国务卿是谁吗
You know the last Secretary of State to become president?
詹姆斯·布坎南
James Buchanan.
一百五十年前
150 years ago.
尽管芝加哥小熊队最终赢了世界大赛
Well, even the Cubbies eventually won the World Series. ?
纪录就是要被打破的
Streaks are made to be broken.
顺便说一句
By the way,
我得谢谢你
I need to thank you.
别太习惯了 下周你得刷碗
Don't get used to it. You're on dishes next week.
不是
No.
-谢谢 弗兰克 -不客气
- Thanks, Frank. - You got it.
我得谢谢你把那些死去的战士带回家
I got to thank you for bringing home those dead soldiers.
你知道我在战场上失去了朋友
I mean, you know that I lost some friends from basic.
想到把他们留在牺牲的地方就...
The thought of leaving those guys where they fell is...
这是个重要的任务
It's an important mission.
并且委托给我了
And I'm the one entrusted with it.
这应该是个陈述句 宝贝
That should be a declaration, babe.
听起来像个疑问句
That sounds like a question.
对于我要去面对...
You don't have misgivings about me going
-你没有疑虑吗 -对 我有疑虑
- face-to-face with... - Yeah, I have misgivings.
我讨厌你要去和那个家伙同处一室
I hate that you're gonna be in the same room as the guy.
你不会有事的
You're gonna be okay.
对 我没问题
Yeah, I got this.
很好
Good.
把我们的英雄带回家
Bring our heroes home.
我会的
I will.
注意安全
Be safe.
我要你记下来
I need you to copy
克里格下一轮访谈的要点
talking points for Craig's next round of interviews.
等等 这里有个错误
Wait, there's a mistake here.
候选人看过了 没有问题
Candidate approved it. There's no mistake.
克里格 可以打扰一下吗
Craig, can I have a second?
好的 什么事 艾莉
Sure. What's up, Ali?
你竞选的基础之一
One of the cornerstones of your campaign
-是减免学生贷款 -对 对
- is student loan forgiveness. ?- Right, right.
不过有人忘记把它放到你下一次
But someone forgot to include it in the talking points
访谈的要点中了
for your upcoming appearances. ?
是我没放进去
Well, that someone was me.
不过我保证我没有忘记
But I promise you I didn't forget.
最新的民调显示这个问题
Uh, latest tracking polls show that this issue
是个 选民的雷区
is a... a third rail for the voters.
不幸的是 这是多数人资助少数人
You know, unfortunately, the many funding the few.
不过 最后少数人就会变成多数人
But-but, in time, the few become the many.
对 希望未来我会再回到这个问题上
Right. And, in time, I hope to revisit the issue.
不过首要任务是要坐上这个位置
But job one is to get a seat at the table.
然后我们才能讨论如何分掉食物
Then we can talk about how to divvy up the food.
对吗
Yeah?
继续加油干 好吗
Hey, keep up the good work, okay?
好的 谢谢
Sure. Thanks.
菲律宾
马尼拉
安德拉达总统
President Andrada,
今早在你的办公室
we had a meeting calendared
我们有个会议日程
this morning at your office.
对
Yes.
不过我需要锻炼
But I needed some exercise.
总统先生 我飞了八千英里来
Mr. President, I traveled 8,000 miles to make an appeal
代表道尔顿总统恳请
on behalf of President Dalton for the return
接回我们在战争中牺牲的士兵
of our war dead.
我希望你不是空手而来
Well, I hope you did not come empty-handed.
我带来了一个保证
I come with a promise.
我们会推动援助尽快送达
We will eventually push that aid package through.
但是你得立刻把那些遗体还给我们
But you need to give us those bodies back right now.
你不能来到我的国家
You do not show up in my country
站在我的健身房♥里
and step into my gym
来告诉我该做什么
and tell me what to do.
是不能
No.
但是你公开表示
But you're on record
美国政♥府♥不尊重你
saying that the U.S. was disrespecting you.
而我现在就在这里
But I'm here now,
向你表达你本不该应得的那份尊重
showing you more respect than you deserve.
这样跟我说话
Talking to me this way,
这是尊重吗
that is respect?
交出那些遗体 总统先生
Surrender those bodies, Mr. President,
不然你的人♥民♥会发现你在乞求美国的援助
or your people find out that you begged for U.S. aid,
这会让你看上去就像你实际上一样弱
which will make you look as weak as you really are.
你站在这里恳求 你才是弱的那一方
You are the weak one, standing there, begging.
如果你想要
If you prefer...
打拳
to fight,
我们可以在拳击场上解决
we can settle this in the ring!
我收起我的手套了
I hung up my gloves.
你要发出一份声明
You will release a statement
说那些遗体要被带走
that those bodies are being extracted.
不然我会发出一份声明
Or I'm going to release one
告诉大家你是怎么打断自己鼻子的
about how you really broke your nose.
我是如何打断你鼻子的
Meaning how I broke it.
明白吗
Understood?
很好
Great.
再见 总统先生
Bye, Mr. President.
时差怎么样
How's the jet lag?
我太累了 不想说这个
I'm too tired to talk about it.
现在有一架C-17运输机在菲律宾海域上
There's a C-17 transport over the Philippine Sea right now
载着三十一具美国士兵遗体
carrying the remains of 31 American soldiers.
你把我们的人♥民♥带回家了
You brought our people home.
并且没有造成国际事件
And without precipitating an international incident.
够了
Oh, please. ?
会面进行得
The summit was handled with...
克制而不失礼貌
...restraint and decorum.
好样的 伊丽莎白
Good work, Elizabeth.
-谢谢 -下面是坏消息
- Thank you. - ?Now the bad news.
不会吧
Come on.
戴维·佩利无法得到军事葬礼吗
David Paley isn't getting a military funeral?
恐怕不能
I'm afraid not.
我们对所有去世的士兵进行调查
We dug up personnel files on all the dead.
发现有些问题
Came across something troubling.
他擅离职守了吗
He went AWOL?
就在他最后一次任务前
Right before his last mission.
有十八小时不知所踪
18 hours unaccounted for.
怀疑是潜逃
Suspected desertion.
他在战斗部署前及时回到了岗位
Came back to his post in time to be deployed.
那为什么让他飞
So then why'd they let him fly?
在他的飞机失踪后
Didn't realize his transgression
才发现他的违纪
until after his plane went missing.
佩利在战争中去世了
With Paley declared a combat death,
-没有理由抹黑他的名声 -对
-there was no reason to throw dirt on his memory. ?- No.
不过现在所有事情都见光了
But now everything's come to light.
退伍军人事务部不想
Department of Veterans Affairs does not want
给予他荣誉葬礼
to afford him a burial with honors.
那谁能否决这件事
Well, who can overrule that?
这是格洛莉亚·佩利的父亲
This is Gloria Paley's father.
他是位战争英雄 总统先生
He's a war hero, Mr. President,
他把他的生命献给了祖国
who gave his life for his country.
但是他曾擅离职守 他要不是死在战场上
And he also went AWOL, an act which would have resulted
这会让他上军事法庭
in his court-martial had he not died in combat.
但是他真的死了 而我们在抹黑他的名声
But he did die. And instead of paying tribute
而不是向他的牺牲致敬
to his sacrifice, we're disgracing his memory.
不 我们只是没有授予其荣誉
No. We're just not honoring it.
亨利
Henry,
剧集 | 国务卿女士 | 导航列表