剧集 | 国务卿女士 | 导航列表
- Wait. Is that it? - ?That's it.
等等 非常感谢你 可我拿不出250块
Wait. Thank you so much, um, but I don't have 250 bucks.
我有 我们会想办法的 好了我得走了
Oh, I do. We'll work it out. Listen, I got to run.
我停在了一个限时十五分钟的车位
I parked in a 15-minute spot.
你是谁
Who are you?
多数时候是个工资过高的华府游侠
Mostly an overpaid D.C. hack,
不过今天 我是正义的使者
but today, an avenging angel of justice.
等等 几个小时之后我们就要
Wait a minute. We're a few hours away
在这间屋子发表联合声明
from issuing a joint statement in this very room,
保证我们对《公平劳动
pledging our support of
与贸易协议》的支持
the Fair Work and Trade Agreement.
你现在告诉我欧盟要退出吗
Are you telling me the EU is backing out?
我们当然同意其主旨
Of course we agree with its principles,
不过用一个中国绝对不会同意的协议
but, uh, there is no point in alienating the Chinese
来疏远中方没有任何意义
over an agreement they will never join.
我知道可能祈祷
I understand it might be easier to hope
他们能自行改变会更容易一点
that they'll choose to change on their own somehow.
或者我们可以先做些苦功来试图
Or we could go ahead and do the hard work
让世界上所有人的工作都能更舒适些
of trying to shape a world that works better for everyone.
深受启发 不过我们有一句老话
Inspirational, but we have an old saying.
[意大利语]
"Al piu potente ceda il più prudente."
意思大概是
Roughly translated, it means,
好汉不吃眼前亏
"It is better to bow than to break."
你知道本·富兰克林曾说过什么吗
You know what Ben Franklin once said?
若不共生
"If we do not hang together,
皆将独死
we shall surely hang separately."
听我说
I'll tell you what.
你和你的团队负责联合声明
You and your colleagues come to the joint statement.
中国方面交给我
You leave China to me.
七楼是
The Seventh Floor
国♥务♥院♥的神经中枢
is the nerve center of the State Department,
国务卿和她的高级官员们的办公室就在这里
where the secretary and her senior staff have their offices.
我知道你们都想见国务卿
I know you all were hoping to meet the secretary,
但遗憾的是 她目前不在国内
but unfortunately, she is out of the country.
我明白 我明白
I know, I know.
在我们参观国务卿的办公室之前
But before we go into the secretary's office,
我希望你们能先环顾四周
I want you to take a look around.
六个月前 当安妮修女告诉你们
Six months ago, when Sister Anne told you,
"我们要去华盛顿哥伦比亚特区
"We're going to Washington, D.C.,
我们要去参观国♥务♥院♥"
and we're going to visit the State Department,"
你们可能会说她疯了
you probably said she was crazy.
不是"可能会说" 他们就是这么说的
Not "probably said." That's what they said.
但是六个月之后 你们来了
But six months later, here you are.
我希望你们留点时间享受你们取得的成绩
I want you to take a moment to savor your achievement.
说实话
Because real talk?
来到这里实属不易
It doesn't get any easier from here.
你们比大多数人更能感受到
You know better than most that sometimes this world,
有时候这个世界 这个国家并不公平
this country is not going to be fair.
作为富有创造力 充满热情的年轻人
You won't always be seen for the creative,
你们并不一定为世人所关注
enthusiastic young men and women that you are.
当你们遭遇困境 想要放弃时
So on the bad days, when you're tempted to give up,
你们要做的是 找寻内心的那份信念
you're going to have to find that belief in yourself,
因为你们可以克服一切
because you can make it.
我深有感触 因为我做到了
I know, because I made it,
显然你们每个人都比我聪明
and you all are definitely smarter than me,
因为我读了你们的文章
'cause I read your essays.
所以记住美好的时刻
So, remember the good days.
孩子们 我保证今天也会是美好的一天
And you guys, I promise you, today is one of them.
跟我来吧
Now follow me.
请进
Come in.
我知道你们都想见麦考德国务卿
I know you all were hoping to meet Secretary McCord,
但是 只能换成我了
but, uh,I'll just have to do.
你很走运 总统刚好想换换环境
You're lucky the president wanted a change of scenery.
-你欠我一个大人情 -是吗
- You owe me big-time. - Do I, though?
你知道自己大学要读什么专业吗
And, uh, do you know what you want to study in college?
-工程学 阁下 -工程学 很好
- Engineering, sir. - Engineering. Excellent.
应该是我欠你一个人情
I think it's me that owes you.
不 正好相反
No, I think it's the opposite.
我很高兴你来打扰我
I'm glad you came and bugged me.
这确实是世界上最棒的工作
It's actually the best job in the world.
接下来呢 安妮
But then what, Anne?
被世界击垮 被孩子们鼓舞
Get beaten down by the world, get inspired by kids,
直到你再次被世界击垮 周而复始
until you get beaten down again, and repeat?
差不多吧 不然我为什么跟他们一起工作
Pretty much. Why do you think I work with them?
每一天 勿以善小而不为
Look, you do whatever small thing you can every day
为了希望和正义 就像你今天做的
on the side of hope and justice, just like you did today.
我知道这不容易 但是
I'm not saying it's easy, but then,
我开始见证各种意想不到的奇迹
I get to witness the radical, transformative miracle
上帝的垂爱"屡见不鲜" 如孩子们常说
of God's love "on the regular," as the kids like to say.
我想见见你们这位不可思议的老师
I want to meet this incredible teacher of yours.
安妮修女在哪里
Where is Sister Anne?
失陪一下 我要去见总统了
If you'll excuse me, I need to go meet the president.
请便
Absolutely.
快进来 来呀
Hey, get in here. Come on!
-很高兴见到您 -你...
- Nice to meet you. - You, uh,
一定很以这群年轻人为荣
should be very proud of these young people.
非常
Extremely.
麦考德国务卿 这看起来是个不重要的问题
Secretary McCord, this may seem like a trivial question,
但是根据你最近的评论 也许挺重要的
but given your recent remarks, perhaps it's not.
能告诉我你今天穿的这身衣服
Can you tell me who made the clothes
是谁做的吗
you're wearing today?
当然
Absolutely.
设计师是一位年轻的女士
The designer is a young woman,
来自纽约布鲁克林的丽贝卡·弗洛里斯
Rebecca Flores of Brooklyn, New York, of course.
这套西装百分之百是美国制♥造♥的
And this suit is 100% union and American made.
事实上 这个品牌是由玛丽亚·奥尔蒂斯
In fact, it was actually constructed
阮·卡洛斯·卡里略以及卡拉·马恰斯创立的
by Maria Ortiz, Juan Carlos Carrillo and Carla Macias.
这是一个好问题
And that's a great question,
以后可以多问问这样的问题
and one that we could all start asking more often.
谢谢 失陪
Thank you. Excuse me.
我和我的团队此行是为了
My colleagues and I are here today
引起大家对这件事的重视
to draw attention to the fact that,
当时尚成为一个振奋人心且推动经济的重要产业
while fashion is an exciting and economically vital industry,
纺织工业
the manufacture of textiles
往往需要耗费大量的人力成本
all too often comes at great human cost.
本周早些时候我们看到了后果
We just saw those consequences earlier this week
在艾米利亚-罗马涅大区
in Emilia-Romagna.
这也是我们加倍努力
That is why we are redoubling our effort
重新推动《公平劳动与贸易协议》的原因
to revive the Fair Work and Trade Agreement.
遗憾的是 此次会谈中
Unfortunately, one important voice
一个至关重要的成员国拒绝参加
in this conversation has chosen not to join us.
中国一直对其在全球纺织工业以及
China prides itself on its dominance
其他众多产业中的主导地位引以为傲
of the global textile industry and many others.
但当涉及到要对他们的
But when it comes to taking responsibility
工作条件负责时
for their working conditions,
就避之唯恐不及
they're nowhere to be found.
如果中国想成为21世纪的领军人物
If China wants to be a leader in the 21st century,
是时候加入我们 扮演起领导者的角色了
it's time to come join us and start acting like one.
谢谢
Thank you. ?
怎么了
抱歉 部长
据说李主席准备在下届人♥大♥
宣布连任五年的消息
看样子他不会就此止步
他说没人能像他一样抵抗美国侵犯
他这是要称帝啊
只要有要求
我们就要继续为国家效力
-明 你好吗 -长话短说
- Ming, how are you? - I'll be brief.
中国不希望在劳工条件的问题上
China wishes no further unwarranted attention
引起更多不必要的关注
on its labor conditions.
如果满足这个条件
If that is understood,
我们随时准备加入到
we are prepared to engage
《公平劳动与贸易协议》的议题中
on the subject of the Fair Work and Trade Agreement.
期待与你合作
I look forward to working with you.
剧集 | 国务卿女士 | 导航列表