剧集 | 国务卿女士 | 导航列表
我们无能为力
Our hands are tied.
他们赢了
They won.
任何公♥司♥都不应该
No company should get to dictate
向美国政♥府♥发号♥施令
to the United States government.
你知道的
You know,
对于一个爱打高尔夫
for a president who took some grief
而承受了某些痛苦的总统来说
about playing too much golf,
艾森豪威尔做出了很多贡献
Eisenhower got a lot done.
建设州际公路系统 为废除种族隔离而战
The interstate highway system, fighting for desegregation,
迫使苏联后退
pushing back the Soviets.
但那篇关于...
But that famous speech about the...
军工联合企业的著名演讲
military-industrial complex?
那是他在白宫办公室的最后一次演讲
That was his final speech in office.
你认为这是有原因的吗
Do you think there was a reason for that?
一个效率高的总统能完成两三件事
An effective president gets two or three things done
从而推动了国家进步
that really move the country forward.
一个真正优秀的总统 也许能做四件事
A truly excellent one, maybe four.
我认为你会是那个优秀的
I think you'll be an excellent one.
谢谢你 先生
Thank you, sir.
但是...重点是
But... ?The point is,
如果你想让福斯和他的同类服从你 祝你好运
if you want to bring Fossor and its ilk to heel, Godspeed.
但你要确定 这件事是对你最重要的事情
Just be sure that that's the most important thing to you
因为别的事情都要为这件事让位了
because there won't be much room for anything else.
-明白了 先生 -怎么了汉克
- Understood, sir. - What's the word, Hank?
总统先生 我想亲自告诉你
Mr. President, I wanted to apprise you personally
关于福斯案件的一些进展
of some developments in the Fossor case.
请讲
Shoot.
根据一条匿名线报
Based on an anonymous tip,
我们发现了福斯
we've uncovered a pattern at Fossor
存在某些非常严重的公共腐♥败♥
of some very serious public corruption,
包括大量竞选资金违规
including numerous campaign finance violations.
什么 他们在
What, the dark money
竞选里洗黑钱
they already dump into campaigns,
而且在法律上不用报告
but legally don't even have to report,
这对他们来说还不满足吗
wasn't quite enough for them, huh?
腐♥败♥程度有多严重
How high up does the corruption go?
谢谢 何塞
Thanks, Jose.
很多人会生气的
Lot of guys would be mad
他们躲过了最后一枪 但我不生气
they skulled that last shot, but not me,
因为我说什么来着
'cause what do I always say?
逆境就是机遇 先生
"Adversity is opportunity," Sir.
没错 好了
That's right. Okay.
打球后面的沙子
Hit the sand behind the ball.
别使劲 别使劲
Easy power, easy power.
呃 先生…
Uh, sir...
先生 怎么了 何塞
Sir. ?What, Jose?
詹姆斯·钱普林
James Champlin?
我没有
I didn't.
我也不知道 奇弗斯议员
I wouldn't know, either. Oh, Congressman Chivvers.
福斯蒂诺议员 罗伯逊议员
Congressman Faustino, Congresswoman Robertson.
很高兴见到你
Good to see you.
我猜你刚知道詹姆斯·钱普林被捕的事
Guessing you just heard about James Champlin's arrest.
有相当多的指控
That's quite a list of charges.
所有关于竞选资金违规的指控...
All those allegations of campaign finance violations...
谁知道会怎么样
Who knows where that's gonna go.
我们不会支持
We're not going to support
勃兰特的提议 如果这是你想知道的话
Brandt's rider, if that's what you want to know.
成员之间的支持是...
Support among members is...
没戏了
falling.
它正在撞击地球 在重返大气层时解体 赫伯
It's crashing back to Earth and breaking up on reentry, Herb.
你就是那个扭伤我手臂的人 苏珊
you're the one that twisted my arm, Susan.
我们需要那些工作...
We needed those jobs...
好吧 感谢你们
Well, thank you for this glimpse
向我透露了审议过程
into your deliberative process.
我一周可以带华夫三天
Waffles can stay with me three days a week.
我知道你的意思 但事实上
I know you mean well, but this is actually
-这真的很难... -不 不 不 不
- really difficult... - No. No, no, no.
听着 我和房♥东谈过
Listen, I spoke to my landlord,
他同意在这种情况下破例
and he agreed to make an exception in this case.
为什么
Why?
因为我是个很棒的房♥客
Because I'm a terrific tenant,
他不想失去我
and he doesn't want to lose me,
我也可能说过华夫
and I might've also said that Waffles
是一只情感支持犬
is an emotional support dog.
你只有兼♥职♥吗
That you only have part-time?
曼努金先生老了 好吗
Mr. Manukian is old, okay?
他可能没有听到我说的所有话
It's possible he might not have heard everything I said.
关键是 它起作用了
The point is, it worked.
或者 只要华夫...
Or it will, as long as Waffles...
戴着这个
wears this.
过来
Come here.
-谁是好人 - 我不知道这样对不对
- Who's good? - I don't know if this is right.
很好 这样想
Good. Think of it this way:
华夫和我在一起对你来说
Waffles is emotionally supporting you
是一种感情上的支持
by staying with me
一周三天 好的
three days a week. All right.
过来 宝贝
Come here, baby.
这样行吗
Does that work?
对不起 我发脾气了
I'm sorry I got so mad.
很抱歉你要这样做
I'm sorry you had to.
看来他才是需要支持的人
Looks like he's the one who needs the support.
我不知道 我已经感觉好多了
I don't know. I feel better already.
你呢
How about you?
我也是 你想回家吗
Yeah. Do you want to go home?
谢谢 伙计
Thanks, man.
谢谢你同意见我
Thanks for agreeing to meet with me.
你是对的 我不能完全理解你作为国会议员
You were right, I don't totally understand all the pressures
所面临的所有的压力
you're under as a congressman.
所以 你知道我本打算
So you know, I was prepared
给勃兰特的提议投赞成票
to vote "Yes" on the Brandt rider.
这可能不是我做过的最大胆的投票
Might not have been the gutsiest vote I ever took,
但无论如何 现在还没结果
but in any case, it's moot now.
好吧 我只是不想让你觉得
Well, I just didn't want you to think
我是在说教
I was moralizing at you.
别担心
Not to worry.
你知道吗 汉克
You know something, Hank,
你总是看得很清楚
you always did see tings pretty clearly,
他们会怎么做
how they might play out.
你肯定对福斯尔了解得
You definitely clocked this situation with Fossor
比我清楚
better than I did.
直到最近吧 不管怎样
Until recently, anyway.
司法部的收到的匿名线报...
The anonymous source that tipped off the DOJ...
就像你说的 到最后
Like you said, end of the day,
我还是一名海军陆战队员
I'm still a Marine.
奥拉[美海军陆战队口号♥]
Oorah.
贝斯
?Bess.
总统先生
Mr. President.
-和我们一起干一杯 - 好的
- Join us for a toast. - Love to.
给你
There you are.
谢谢您
Thank you.
有很多事情值得骄傲
There's a lot to be proud of.
是啊 詹姆斯·钱普林和福斯必须在法庭上回应
Yeah. James Champlin and Fossor will have to answer
他们的腐♥败♥问题
for their corruption in court,
公平劳动与贸易协议又回归正轨
the Fair Work and Trade Agreement is back on track,
和我们最初商定的一样
and we're only buying 80
我们只买♥♥了80架F-40战斗机
F-40 fighters, as we originally agreed.
今天的工作不错
Pretty good day's work, I'd say.
对不起 你说什么
I'm sorry, excuse me?
这件丑闻使福斯重新回到了谈判桌上
The scandal brought Fossor back to the table.
他们同意承担另外20架飞机的费用
They agreed to eat the cost of the additional 20 jets,
剧集 | 国务卿女士 | 导航列表