剧集 | 纸牌屋(2013) | 导航列表
He never put us in any real danger.
他从未真的让我们有危险
The journal is gone. She can't do anything.
日记已经销毁 她做不了什么
Why didn't you ask me before you brought him back?
你让他回来之前 为什么不跟我商量
Bec We're discussing it now. After you hired him!
我们这不在商量吗 你已经雇了他
Look. I know this must have been harrowing for you,
听我说 我知道这事让你很揪心
but listen, it is ov No. I don't
但听我说 都结束了 不 我不...
I'm starting to question all of it, Francis.
我开始质疑一切了 弗兰西斯
What any of it is worth. What... what are we doing this for?
这一切究竟有什么意义 我们这么做是为了什么
For this house.
为了这栋房♥子
For the presidency.
为了总统之位
Now, look, if you need to take a few days off, that's fine.
听我说 如果你需要休息几天 那没什么
You do not have to come with me to Iowa tomorrow.
你明天不用跟我去爱荷华州
No. Of course, I'll be there.
不 我当然要去
Welcome back, Doug. Congratulations.
欢迎回来 道格 恭喜了
Thank you.
谢谢
I just wanted to get a heads up on
我只想问下你打算
when you'd like to make the formal announcement.
什么时候正式宣布
Let's do it after the caucus.
党团会议之后吧
I don't want to draw any attention away from the campaign.
不要让大家的注意力偏离竞选
You probably shouldn't attend the press briefing today.
那你今天别参加新闻发布会了
No. I'll take off before then.
嗯 我会在那之前走的
Here, you should see this.
给 你该看看
This just came out ten minutes ago.
10分钟前曝出的
Have you shown the president?
你给总统看了吗
I drafted up some talking points.
我起草了讲话要点
I figured you'd want to brief him.
我觉得你会想去跟他说
I'll be in my office.
我回办公室了
Seth.
赛斯
The president told me you asked for the job.
总统告诉我你也想做这工作
Yeah, I didn't realize that you were in contention.
我当时不知道你也有这打算
I don't want you to resent me.
我不希望你怨我
Hey, I'm a professional.
我是专业人士的
Let me know if you want any changes made to the talking points.
你如果要改讲话要点告诉我
I'm sure they're good.
肯定写的很好
You can share 'em with the president.
拿去给总统吧
You don't want to look 'em over first?
你不要先过目吗
No. I trust your judgment.
不用 我相信你
I can tell you that the shortlist is coming along,
我可以告诉大家 名单正在筹办
and it is my intention to nominate someone
我有意在接下来两三周里
within the next two or three weeks.
就做出提名
It's very important that we do this quickly,
我们一定要行动快
so that the Senate has time for their hearings.
让参议院有时间进行听证
And we shouldn't leave that seat empty too long anyway,
这个位置本来也不好空太久
while the Court is still in session.
法庭还要继续运行
Mr. President? Sara.
总统 萨拉
Mr. President, would you comment on Ms. Baldwin's article
总统先生 您能就鲍德温女士关于
about the Jordan Valley operation?
约旦河谷行动的文章做下评论吗
I think Ms. Baldwin's article
我觉得鲍德温女士的文章
is really nothing more than speculation.
不过是臆测
But the evidence... I'm sorry?
但是证据 什么
But the evidence she presents is convincing.
但她提出的证据很有说服力
Evidence? A letter?
证据 一封信吗
Unfortunately, I have to write letters like that
很遗憾 我虽不愿意
more often than I would like.
却不得不常写这种信
And I don't think it's proof of anything more than
我觉得这仅仅能证明
I reached out to the family of a young man
我曾写信给一个为国捐躯的
who sacrificed his life for our country
年轻人的家人
and for which I am eternally grateful.
以及我对此永远充满谢意
Mr. President?
总统先生
Well, Ms. Baldwin, it is your article we're discussing.
鲍德温女士 我们讨论的是你的文章
I suppose I'd get hammered
我想如果我不让你提问
if I didn't allow you to ask a question.
恐怕会挨批评
Thank you, Mr. President. My question is very straightforward.
谢谢 总统先生 我的问题很简单
You mentioned in the letter
您在信中提到
that Lieutenant Nix died in a training exercise.
尼可斯中尉在演练中丧命
You signed this letter with your own hand.
您亲自在信上签名
Can you tell us in all honesty that this is how he died?
您能如实告诉我们他是这么死的吗
I can tell you that
我要告诉你
this is exactly what the Pentagon reported to me.
这就是五角大楼向我报告的情况
And beyond that, it's not the policy of this administration
除此之外 政♥府♥和国防部
or the Department of Defense to discuss any specifics
都不会讨论关于特种部队士兵
about any Special Forces deaths.
死亡的详细情况
May I ask one more, please?
我能再问一个问题吗
I believe we're finished with that subject now.
我想这个话题已经讨论完了
It's about Iowa.
是关于爱荷华
Yes, all right. Go ahead.
好吧 问吧
Your wife has been doing a lot of events.
您妻子出席了多场竞选活动
Did she resign her post at the United Nations
她辞去在联♥合♥国♥的职位
because you think she's more valuable as a campaign asset
是因为您觉得她作为竞选筹码
than an ambassador?
比当大使更有价值吗
Claire has been doing a lot of events, that is true,
克莱尔确实出席了很多活动 这是事实
as she has in every campaign that I have ever run.
跟她以前参与我的每场竞选一样
I'm hoping, I suppose my strategy is that if the American people
我想我的策略是希望美国人♥民♥
can see that I was smart enough
看到我能凭聪明才智
to marry an extraordinary woman like Claire,
娶到像克莱尔这样出色的女人
well, they might think I'm smart enough
他们或许会认为我也有
to be President of the United States.
当美国总统的脑子
As for the ambassadorship,
至于大使的事
that was entirely her decision, not mine.
那完全是她的决定 不是我的
She enjoys campaigning, and I'm looking forward to getting back
她喜欢竞选宣传 我也希望能今天稍后能
to Iowa with her a little later today.
回到爱荷华州陪伴她
Thank you all very much.
非常感谢各位
I need him back.
我需要找他回来
The Venezuelans haven't been cooperating.
委瑞内拉方面不太配合
We have extradition.
我们有引渡令
Doesn't mean they'll enforce.
不代表他们会执行
Then get me a precise location.
那就给我个准确地址
Why?
为什么
It doesn't concern you.
这跟你没关系
It does concern me. There are a lot of people
跟我有关 局里很多人
at the agency who are embarrassed that
因为他的偷偷离境
he crossed the border without us knowing.
而丢了人
That's not my problem.
那不是我的错
Was it you? Passport lock?
是你吗 护照解锁
The only other agency that could've lifted it is Homeland.
能办到这事的再就只有国安部
I know you have friends there.
我知道你那里有朋友
I have friends everywhere.
我到处都有朋友
I'm not gonna help you clean up your mess, Doug.
我不会帮你擦屁♥股♥的 道格
Not if you helped him escape.
如果是你帮他出逃的话
This isn't a request.
这不是请求
I'm Chief of Staff to the president now.
我现在是总统的幕僚长
He hasn't announced anyone. He will.
他还没宣布呢 他会的
And if you want my first official task
如果你希望我的第一项正式工作
to be finding your replacement, so be it.
就是找人代替你 那行啊
If not, you tell me where Gavin is.
否则 就告诉我嘉文在哪
I watched the press conference this morning.
我今早看了新闻发布会
I think the Baldwin article will blow over.
我觉得鲍德温的文章会被淡忘的
A non-story. No legs.
毫无力量 站不住脚
You said it was my decision to resign.
你说是我决定辞职的
Well, it was, wasn't it?
确实是啊 不是吗
I mean, at least that's how we presented it.
至少我们是这样表现的
I spoke with a woman yesterday in Iowa, who...
我昨天在爱荷华跟一个女人聊天
said she couldn't support us...
她说她不会支持我们
because she doesn't trust you.
因为她不信任你
Well, I'm not the first politician that some people don't trust.
我又不是第一个不被一些人信任的政客
We've been lying for a long time, Francis.
我们已经撒谎很长时间了 弗兰西斯
Of course we have. Imagine what the voters would think
当然 想想如果我们开始说出真♥相♥
if we started telling the truth.
选民会怎么想
Not to them.
不是对选民
To each other.
是对彼此
剧集 | 纸牌屋(2013) | 导航列表