剧集 | 纸牌屋(2013) | 导航列表
I should probably get some sleep.
我得睡一会儿
You watch the news tomorrow. Should be fun.
明天记得看新闻 会很有意思的
I will. Good night.
我会的 晚安
Seventeen years, I served the Metro Police.
17年 我在警局工作17年
I've seen robberies and murders.
我见过杀人抢劫
I've seen the blight of drugs.
见过毒品的瘟疫
I've seen little kids
我见过小孩子
whose only meal each day was the one they get at school.
每天只能吃到从学校领到的那一顿饭
You know what's at the root of all that?
知道这些事的根源是什么吗
Folks don't have jobs!
因为人们没有工作
There are 60,000 unemployed people in Washington.
华盛顿有六万失业人口
It's a disaster.
这是场灾难
And it's a disgrace here in the nation's capital.
更丢脸的是 这是国家的首都
So this morning, at the president's urging,
所以今早 在总统的敦促下
I am declaring a state of emergency in the District of Columbia.
我宣布哥伦比亚特区进入紧急状态
And I am formally requesting three billion dollars
并正式申请从联邦应急管理署赈灾基金
from FEMA's Disaster Relief Fund to put people back to work.
拨款30亿 用以安排人们重回岗位
Motherfucker.
混帐东西
Anyone, and I mean anyone,
任何人 真的是任何人
who registers for work in the District of Columbia
只要在哥伦比亚特区注册求职
will be guaranteed a job.
就保证可以得到工作
I'm working with my cabinet to increase
我在跟内阁努力增加
workforce devoted to infrastructure, maintenance and repair.
基础设施建设 保养和修理方面的岗位
The Defense Department
国防部
will ramp up recruitment and civilian employment.
会增加探员招募和文职人员招聘
And any private sector companies who hire AmWorks registrants
任何雇佣《美就法》注册人员的私营企业
will get up to $45,000 toward the yearly salary
将得到每个岗位每年最高
of each job that they create.
4.5万美元的薪水补贴
Our goal is full employment within twelve months.
我们的目标是12个月内全员就业
Our hope is that success in Washington
我们希望华盛顿的成功
will convince Congress to fund America Works nationwide.
能说服国会在全国供资支持《美国就业法案》
Now, I'll take a few questions.
现在 我会回答几个问题
Mr. President!
总统先生
Madam Ambassador. A word, please.
大使女士 借一步说话
Excuse me.
失陪
We are withdrawing support of the peacekeeping resolution.
我们要收回对维和决议案的支持
Why? Because Israel is.
为什么 因为以色列要收回
Palestine is open to the plan, but without consensus...
巴勒斯坦愿意接受计划 但不达成共识...
This came directly from Jerusalem?
这是直接来自耶路撒冷的意思吗
Yes, the foreign minister. Nothing came from Eliana?
是的 外♥交♥部♥长 伊莉安娜说什么了吗
No, but I came to speak to her.
没有 但我是来找她谈的
I'll speak to her myself. Thank you, Hasan.
我会亲自跟她谈 谢谢你 哈桑
Thank you, Ambassador.
谢谢你 大使
Moscow is threatening to sell arms to Iran.
莫斯科威胁说要卖♥♥武器给伊朗
They always make that threat.
他们时常这么威胁
The feeling in Jerusalem is that this resolution
耶路撒冷方面认为这个决议案
may push them over the edge. It's not worth the risk.
也许会逼他们铤而走险 不值得冒险
Why didn't you come to me? The vote's in two hours.
你为什么不来找我 还有两小时就要投票了
I got the call 30 minutes ago.
我30分钟前刚接到电♥话♥
Russia doesn't want to be humiliated
俄♥罗♥斯♥不想丢面子
because we did this without them.
因为我们绕过了他们
You know it's a bluff on their part.
你知道他们就是虚张声势
The prime minister feels that this vote is just symbolic.
总理认为这次投票只是象征性的
That the US won't actually contribute troops.
美国不会真的出动军队
No, we will absolutely follow through once it's passed.
不 一旦通过 我们绝对会坚持到底
The prime minister has his doubts.
总理有疑虑
I'm sorry, it's out of my hands.
抱歉 这不是我能控制的
Claire?
克莱尔
Ambassadors, I need you to withdraw the resolution.
各位大使 我需要你们撤回决议案
We lost consensus.
我们不能达成共识
I need to postpone the vote until we get it back.
我需要推迟投票 直到我们重新达成共识
Secretary Travers is a good example.
特拉弗斯部长是个很好的例子
Homeland Security?
国土安♥全♥部♥
Former secretary, I should say. He's done?
应该说是前部长 他下台了吗
They haven't announced, but Steve called me.
还没宣布 但史蒂夫打电♥话♥给我了
Said he stood up to the president on this FEMA nonsense.
说他在联邦应急管理署的事上反对总统
Homeland Security has jurisdiction over FEMA now.
国土安♥全♥部♥对联邦应急管理署有管辖权
Right.
没错
The president demanded his letter of resignation right then and there.
总统当场要求他提交辞呈
This is all off the record. Yeah.
这些都是非正式对话 明白
Paul's got a big mouth. So it's true?
保罗真是个大嘴巴 所以是真的吗
This is off the record? Completely.
这是非正式对话吗 绝对是
Let me call you on my encrypted phone.
我用加密电♥话♥给你打
My number is blocked, so--
我的号♥码有屏蔽 所以...
This is Homeland Security. I have your number.
这里是国土安♥全♥部♥ 我有你电♥话♥
Incoming call. Press the pickup bu--
有电♥话♥呼入 按接听键...
Mr. Secretary. It's true. I resigned.
部长先生 是真的 我辞职了
Why are you still in the office?
那你为什么还在办公室
Punching the clock until the White House wants to go public.
点卯撞钟等白宫公布
Why wouldn't you go public yourself,
如果你反对那项政策
if you're so against the policy?
为什么不自己公布消息
I serve at the pleasure of the president.
我是为总统服务的
I have Landry on background.
兰德里已经提供了信息
I'm writing about the resignation.
我要写关于辞职的报道
And I can't stop you. But there won't be a quote from me.
我无法阻止你 但你不能引用我的话
Don't let the administration off the hook.
别让政♥府♥逃脱责任
This an opportunity to speak out.
这是发表反对意见的机会
You don't have the career I've had
能做到我这一步
by criticizing your bosses publicly,
不是靠公开批评上司
no matter how strongly you feel.
不管你觉得自己多厉害
Talk to Arnie Silva, the FEMA Administrator.
和联邦应急管理署的署长阿尼·希尔瓦谈谈
He's more disgusted by all this than I am.
他比我更反感这一切
People's lives are in the balance. And he doesn't care.
事关人命 他却不管不顾
Our projections for the next 12 months.
这是我们接下来12个月的预测
We're in a La Niña phase,
我们正处于拉尼娜时期
which means falling temperatures in the Pacific.
也就是说太平洋温度下降
We expect at least two major landfalls this season.
我们预计这一季至少要发生两次大型山体滑坡
Homes destroyed, billions in damage,
家园被毁 损失数十亿
tens of thousands without power.
成千上万人断电
And that's just hurricanes. If we get a major earthquake,
这还仅仅是飓风的危害 要是碰上大地震
or flood, or forest fire...
或者洪水 再或森林火灾
It's all in there.
都在这里面了
Has he asked you to resign?
他曾要求你辞职吗
He threatened it.
他威胁过我
But I said I'd cooperate.
但是我说我会配合
Why?
为什么
Nobody has more experience.
没人比我更有经验
I couldn't forgive myself if I left.
如果离开 我无法原谅自己
But you just said, if the Relief Fund is depleted, then--
但是你刚才不是说 如果赈灾基金耗尽
People will suffer.
那人们会受难
But on my watch, fewer will suffer.
但在我的照管下 受难的人能少些
I need a quote, Mr. Silva.
我需要引用你的话 希尔瓦先生
I can't do that.
我做不到
People could die, you have a responsibility.
人命关天 你有责任
The president has built a culture of silence and fear.
总统创建了一种噤声与恐惧交织的氛围
That can end with you.
你可以结束它
That folder will speak louder than anything I could say.
这个文件夹比任何话语都更有说服力
Two front page bylines on the same day for Ms. Baldwin?
同一天头版两篇报道都出自鲍德温女士吗
You kicked out a pit bull and you let in a dragon.
真是踢走只斗狗 放进条火龙来
I didn't think the Telegraph would send someone like her.
我没想到《电讯报》能再派一个她这样的
Well, maybe you just didn't think.
也许你是根本没考虑
You wanted me to implement discipline, sir.
您让我管束他们 先生
To send a message. And so I did.
传递讯息 我做了
Well, they've sent back an even stronger message, haven't they?
他们的回应更强烈 是不是
I take responsibility for that, sir,
我对此负责 先生
and I will do my best to keep her in line.
我会不遗余力让她听话的
Your best?
不遗余力
It's their top bureau chief. She's untouchable.
有他们总编辑保着 谁也碰不了她
I don't want to pretend that I can control her 100 percent.
我不想假装我能百分之百控制她
Travers? Denied speaking with her,
特拉弗斯 他否认曾与她谈话
剧集 | 纸牌屋(2013) | 导航列表