剧集 | 纸牌屋(2013) | 导航列表
"Title One of the Stafford Act:
《斯塔福德法案》第一条
'Emergency' means any occasion or instance for which,
"紧急情况"是指由总统指定的
in the determination of the president..."
场合或情形...
"Determined" by the president.
指定权在总统
Any instance? As long as we can make the argument
有先例吗 只要我们能说明这些措施
that this saves lives and protects health and safety.
能拯救生命 保护人♥民♥安康就行
Well, unemployment leads to crime,
失业导致犯罪
to malnutrition, to improper medical care.
营养不良 以及恶劣的医疗服务
There's no doubt it'll be challenged in the courts.
这种说法肯定会在法庭上遭到攻击的
Well, even so, by the time that happens,
就算最终闹上了法庭
people will see what America Works looks like.
那时人们也会见识到《美国就业法案》了
Tell me, in your legal opinion...
告诉我 从法律的角度说
is there enough leeway here?
你们觉得有足够的回旋余地吗
Yes, the language is sufficiently vague.
有的 法案用词足够模糊
But just to be clear, this is completely unorthodox.
不过得说清楚 这么做实在是前所未有
No president has ever tried to reappropriate funds this way.
从没有哪个总统试过这么筹集资金
Thank you, gentlemen, that's all I need.
谢谢各位 有这话就够了
The states won't go for this. Too radical.
各州不会支持的 太激进了
And if I call just one governor
哪怕有一个我联♥系♥的州长
who says no and leaks it to the press,
拒绝了我然后向媒体泄露了风声
Congress will be on my ass before I get this out of the gates.
还没等我正式提出 就会被国会穷追猛打
But, the District of Columbia...
但是 哥伦比亚特区
No governor. Just you, the mayor.
没有州长 只有你 一个市长
Now, Barney, I know this puts you out on a ledge.
巴尼 我知道这会让你冒很大风险
I love it. I love everything about it.
我喜欢 每个条款我都支持
We have to fight Congress for every dollar in our budget, each year.
我们年年都要为预算的每一分钱跟国会争
If my people see me take the money they won't give us...
如果选民看到我从他们嘴里抠出钱来
well, I just won reelection.
我就能赢得连任
This is why you put a brawler like Barney Hull in office,
这就是让巴尼·豪尔这样的强人当选的原因
aside from paying a debt.
不只是还他人情
Add up 50 governors and 535 members of Congress,
把全美50位州长和535位国会议员加起来
you don't come close to the gumption of one bold mayor.
也赶不上一位有进取心的大胆市长
I want people registering for jobs in every part of the city
我希望全城各处的人都去注册找工作
as soon as possible, before the court challenges bubble up.
越快越好 趁法♥院♥还没发难
What about one big tent right in front of the Capitol?
在国会门口支个大帐篷怎么样
Make Congress see the people
让国会看看民众
line up all the way back to the Lincoln Memorial.
排队找工作排到林肯纪念堂的场面
Can we do something by July Fourth?
能在国♥庆♥日出手吗
You bring the fireworks, I'll bring the people.
你只管放烟花 我找人来捧场
Good morning. Please, sit.
早上好 请坐
I know Remy has just briefed you all,
我知道雷米已经向各位介绍过情况了
so, aside from the Secretary of Homeland Security,
那么除了国土安♥全♥部♥部长
who is no longer with us, does anyone else object to this plan?
已经离职之外 还有谁持反对意见吗
Good. Until a new secretary is confirmed,
很好 在新国安部长上任之前
FEMA will report directly to me. Thank you all very much.
联邦应急管理署将直接对我负责 谢谢各位
Unemployment doesn't
失业不能
constitute a natural disaster, Mr. President.
算作是自然灾害 总统先生
The Stafford Act gives me full authority
《斯塔福德法案》授权我
to define an emergency.
定义紧急状况
But, sir, we've only got about three billion left
但是 先生 我们的赈灾基金
in the Disaster Relief Fund,
只剩下30亿不到了
and we're about to go into hurricane season.
而飓风季眼看就要来了
So we use the three billion that's there,
我们先用这现成的30亿
and if a hurricane hits,
万一飓风来袭了
Congress replenishes the funds, just as they always do.
国会定会拨款补充赈灾基金 他们一向如此
When it comes to a disaster, every hour counts, sir.
灾害发生后 每分每秒都极其珍贵 先生
If we're waiting around for Congress--
如果还得等国会那边
Mr. Silva, this is moving forward.
希尔瓦先生 这事就这么定了
People could die, Mr. President.
平民会死伤惨重的 总统先生
People are dying because they don't have jobs.
平民要是没工作 也会活不成的
Slower than a flood or an earthquake, but dying just the same.
虽然比死于地震洪水慢 但一样是死
You can't compare unemployment to a cat four hurricane.
您怎么能拿失业和4级飓风相提并论
I came to your office
我来你办公室找你
because I want this to remain your office.
是希望你能继续坐在这个位子上
There's a reason three presidents have kept you here.
连续三任总统都让你留任不是平白无故
You're dedicated, you're relentless,
你专心致志 坚持不懈
you're exceptionally competent.
而且工作能力极为优秀
If we have to stretch dollars even further,
如果我们需要精打细算
you're the man to do it.
找你准没错
It's either you or someone far less experienced.
如果你走人了 就得找个没经验的了
The two of you head to Iowa at the end of the week.
两位周末就要去爱荷华了
That's right. Eighteen counties this trip.
是的 这一趟要去18个郡拉票
By January, I plan on hitting all 99.
希望一月之前能走遍全州99个郡
John will join me at every event until his husband is released.
约翰会和我一起出席活动 直到他丈夫获释
Have you had any contact with Michael since his arrest?
自从迈克尔被捕后你和他联♥系♥过吗
The Russian government has refused.
俄♥罗♥斯♥政♥府♥拒绝了
They won't let him speak to a lawyer.
他们甚至不让他见律师
That's why it's important John join me.
所以约翰和我站在一起意义重大
We need to keep the pressure up on Moscow.
我们必须对莫斯科持续施压
You know, gay rights is controversial
在全国许多地方 同性恋权益
in many parts of the country.
都是极具争议性的话题
Do you think that appearing with Corrigan's husband
您不担心和科里根的丈夫站在一起
could possibly hurt you?
会对您的选情不利吗
I think the American people want a candidate who doesn't dodge,
我认为美国人♥民♥想要一位不逃避问题的候选人
who is truthful about where she stands.
会诚实表达自己的立场
Not someone who shies away from controversy.
而不是回避争议
It's one thing to shy away from controversy.
回避争论是一回事
It's another thing to court it.
引发争论是另一回事
Well, Michael was arrested for speaking his mind.
迈克尔因为直抒己见被捕
If defending free speech is controversial, then...
如果捍卫言论自♥由♥有争议 那么...
we're no better than Russia.
我们不比俄♥罗♥斯♥好多少
I wish that there were
真希望我们的政♥府♥里
more people in our government defending it.
有更多人去捍卫言论自♥由♥
Are you talking specifically about the Underwood Administration?
你指的是安德伍德政♥府♥吗
I think the president could do more.
我认为总统可以采取更多措施
You know, the White House has said hat they've been speaking
白宫表示他们已经直接与
directly with the Kremlin, that they, and I quote here:
克里姆林宫方面沟通 他们原话是
"Have to tackle this issue as it relates to the larger
"必须解决这一问题 因为这关系到
diplomatic relationship between the two nations."
两国之间更重要的外交关系"
Then why haven't we seen any evidence of those talks?
那我们为什么还没看到这些对话的证据呢
When I'm president, the American people can rest assured
我当选总统后 美国人♥民♥可以放心
that I will take my oath
我会认真履行
to defend and protect our citizens seriously.
捍卫和保护我们人♥民♥的誓言
What do you think of her? What, Dunbar?
你觉得她怎么样 什么 邓巴吗
Yeah.
对
I believe that the administration could do better...
我认为这届政♥府♥做得还不够好
You worked for Underwood. Not anymore.
你为安德伍德工作过 现在不了
I won't be offended.
我不会生气的
Uh, I like a lot about what she has to say.
我很喜欢她说的这些
Would you vote for her?
你会投票给她吗
I don't know. I might.
不知道 可能吧
Yeah. Probably would.
是啊 很可能会
How soon? Tomorrow.
多快 明天
We're gonna get hit hard on this.
我们会在这事上遭强烈抨击
Better than getting hit on Corrigan.
总好过因为科里根的事被抨击
You saw Vieira?
你看《维埃拉秀》了吗
Dunbar's smart.
邓巴很聪明
She's running against us before we're even running.
我们还没参选她就开始打♥压♥我们
She'll attack us on the FEMA thing, too.
她也会在联邦应急管理署这事上攻击我们
Then let her. At least we're controlling the narrative.
那就让她攻击 至少是我们控制舆♥论♥
When we first spoke, you mentioned early fall.
我们第一次谈时 你说初秋
Look, Dunbar's got momentum because no one's challenging her.
听着 邓巴势头强盛是因为没人挑战她
But once we drop the FEMA plan,
但我们一宣布联邦应急管理署的计划
that'll take her off message.
就会盖过她的报道
And your candidacy will distract her. It's a one-two punch.
然后你宣布参选就会分散她的注意 连环出击
We'll start bleeding away the woman's vote.
我们会开始抢走女性选民的选票
I'm just not sure how smart it is to rush into a campaign
我不确定现在几乎毫无准备
with so little preparation. This isn't a real campaign.
就宣布参选是否有利 又不是真的参选
But it needs to look like one.
但要看起来像真格的
I thought you wanted to be on my ticket.
我以为你想跟我一队呢
剧集 | 纸牌屋(2013) | 导航列表