剧集 | 纸牌屋(2013) | 导航列表
No, you see, we ask the questions, you answer them.
瞧 问问题的是我们 你只管回答
You're not allowing me to answer the questions, Senator.
而您就是不让我好好回答问题 参议员
If you could maybe listen instead of grandstanding.
您只顾着哗众取宠 就是不肯听我讲
The position you're being considered for
你此次应征的职位
requires calm, cool diplomacy.
要求你有冷静沉稳的外交手段
What concerns me even more than the military comment
相比你对军方的言论
is your demeanor.
我们更担心你的举止
Is this what we're to expect from our ambassador?
我们就要让你这样的人去当大使吗
A hothead?
一个急性子
Go ahead, Mrs. Underwood, I'm listening.
那请吧 安德伍德夫人 我洗耳恭听
Maybe it's leverage for another play.
也许他们别有所图
Scare the wits out of me and then come with the big ask.
先吓破我的胆 然后漫天要价
You sure there is one?
你确定他们有价码吗
America Works. They want to kill it.
他们想毙掉《美国就业法案》
Or soften me up to consider another VP candidate for the ticket.
或者逼我考虑换一个总统竞选搭档
They're no fans of Blythe.
他们不喜欢布莱斯
Could be anything, any combination of things.
什么事都有可能 没准要求多着呢
What? You saw it?
怎么了 您还没看到吗
Saw what? The First Lady, sir.
看到什么 第♥一♥夫♥人♥ 先生
Jesus.
天啊
I better call her.
我得赶紧打给她
She's still in the hearing, sir.
她还在参加听证
I need to see this whole thing. Let's get ahead of it if we can.
我要把整个过程看一遍 最好提前想想对策
The Solicitor General is here. Cancel it.
副检察长到了 取消会面
You've already postponed twice. Postpone it again.
您已经推迟两次了 那再推迟一次
We can't put it off, sir.
不能再推迟了 先生
It goes to the Supreme Court in less than a month.
还有不到一个月就要上最高法♥院♥了
We have bigger fish to fry.
我们有更大的事要处理
An American citizen was injured by a drone strike.
一名美国公民在无人机袭击中受伤
That Walker authorized, not me.
那是沃克下的令 不是我
But you're the sitting president.
但你是在任总统
If we lose this, it undermines your authority.
如果处理不力 对你的权威会有极大损害
The media is all over it.
媒体报道铺天盖地
We need our rhetoric in line with the Solicitor General's.
我们必须跟副检察长统一说辞
All right. Christ! Send her in.
行了 老天爷 让她进来
I'll put this clip on your computer, for when you're done.
我会把片段放到您电脑上 方便您查阅
Terry Womack. Today. Privately.
私下联♥系♥泰瑞·乌麦克 我今天就要见他
Ms. Dunbar.
邓巴女士
Before we begin, I'd like to clear the air.
在我们开始前 有些话我要说清楚
Your report. You did good work, necessary work,
你的报告真的非常好 非常必要
and I admire you for it.
我对此表示敬意
I appreciate you saying that, sir.
谢谢您的肯定 先生
And you understand the position I was in with the pardons.
你也理解我下达赦免令的考虑
That's politics, sir. Not my expertise.
那是政♥治♥问题 我不在行
What's past is past?
那我们既往不咎了吗
My focus is the argument I'll present to the court.
我关注的是要在法庭上说什么
She sees me as the bank robber who made it to the county line.
她觉得我就是抢了银行逃到郡界的劫匪
But she's smart enough to leave her badge at the door.
但她很聪明 没把这态度带进门
So, the case.
那么 这案子
As you know, sir, we think the State secret defense is strong.
先生 我们觉得以国♥家♥机♥密♥来辩护十分可行
When I consulted with the CIA on the--
我与中情局商议时...
I'm wondering if State secrets is the best tactic.
我在想用国♥家♥机♥密♥做辩护是不是最好的策略
Both of Mahmoud's legs were amputated.
默♥罕♥默♥德♥的两条腿都被截肢了
He will be in the gallery, in his wheelchair.
他会坐在轮椅上 出现在旁听席
That's a powerful image.
这画面非常震撼
Even Supreme Court Justices have hearts.
就算是最高法♥院♥法官也会心软
We need to stay in their heads.
我们得让他们理性思考
A procedural route is clearly-- -
诉讼程序显然...
Excuse me.
稍等
Yes?
是的
Uh, tell her I need to watch something
告诉她我得看点东西
and I'll call her back from my study in two minutes.
两分钟后在书房♥给她回电
It's my wife. I'm sorry. Please.
是我夫人 抱歉 没关系
...you answer them. You're not allowing me
你只管回答 而您就是不让我
to answer questions, Senator.
好好回答问题 参议员
Maybe you would benefit more
您只顾着哗众取宠
from listening than grandstanding.
就是不肯听我讲
I just watched. How can I help?
我刚看完 我能做什么
I'm calling Senators.
我在给各个参议员打电♥话♥
I think it would be heavy-handed if you did too.
如果你也给他们打就太过了
Well, I don't blame you for getting upset.
你生气我能理解
You didn't deserve that. I'm a target now.
你不应该受如此对待 我成靶子了
That's the price of admission. We both are.
这是从政的代价 我们都是靶子
The leadership, they don't want me to run.
领导层不希望我参加竞选
What? Yeah, that's what they said
什么 他们是这么说的
before I could even present the program.
我都没来得及拿出法案
This soon? Yeah, that's what surprised me.
这么快吗 是啊 我也很惊讶
The entire leadership? All of them, including Jackie.
整个领导层吗 所有人 包括杰姬
That woman has no sense of loyalty. Well, we'll see.
这女人毫无忠心 等着看吧
I'm gonna meet with Womack. Turn him around.
我要和乌麦克见面 让他改主意
They only have strength in numbers.
他们只是人多势众
Continue, please.
请继续
As I was saying, we think our procedural defense is strong.
正如之前所说 我们的程序性抗辩很可行
State secrets prohibit the introduction of evidence.
国♥家♥机♥密♥不允许被用作证据
Assuming they won't dismiss outright,
即使他们不直接撤案
the argument will focus on deference to the executive.
辩论也会聚焦于遵从行政命令
Separation between the courts and foreign policy.
法♥院♥和外交政策的独♥立♥性
They simply don't have the security intelligence
我们面对来自多领域的威胁
to second-guess covert operations
他们根本没有足够的安全情报
while we're facing threats on multiple fronts.
事后指戳秘密行动的合理性
Sir?
先生
I can't do this now. Excuse me, sir?
我现在无法处理 您说什么 先生
My office will be in touch. Apologies. Thank you very much.
我的办公室会与你联♥系♥ 抱歉 谢谢
Maybe you would benefit more from listening than grandstanding.
您只顾着哗众取宠 就是不肯听我讲
Joining me now from Capitol Hill,
欢迎收看CNN首席国会记者
CNN's Chief Congressional Correspondent, Dana Bash.
达娜·巴什从国会发来的报道
Dana, what is the mood at the Capitol?
达娜 现在国会意向如何
Right, I understand, but...
没错 我理解
We already have several Senators publicly saying
已经有几位参议员公开表示
that they're gonna vote against Mrs.Underwood
由于安德伍德夫人的言论
because of her comments.
将会投票反对她
A number of others I've spoken to
而另一些参议员
have gone from supporting her...
从支持她
Right. ...nomination, to being on the fence.
好的 转变为了持观望态度
But, Dana, she's correct, isn't she?
但达娜 她说的对吧
Mendoza was grandstanding.
门多萨就是在哗众取宠
Maybe. But even so, if you look at the numbers here,
也许吧 但即便如此 看看支持率
this is doing real damage.
这事杀伤力很大
The vote was always going to be close...
投票结果本就接近
Yes.
是的
...things aren't looking good for the First Lady.
第♥一♥夫♥人♥的形势可不太好
No, I understand, but Could her military remark be...
我明白 但 她对美军的言论会是
It's Mendoza. ...a slip of the tongue?
门多萨来电 口误吗
I appreciate your time, Senator. I hope you'll reconsider.
感谢您接听 参议员 希望您能再考虑
He's on now? Yes.
他在线吗 没错
Turn that off?
把电视关了
Senator, hi. Thank you for returning my call.
参议员 感谢你回电
Sorry it took so long. I had a ton of interview requests.
抱歉让你等这么久 我要处理一堆采访
I just wanted to apologize
我想表示道歉
if I came across as disrespectful in any way.
我今天无意失敬
That was wrong of me.
我不该那么说
I know you didn't mean it, Claire.
我知道你是无心的 克莱尔
It's just unfortunate how things are playing out.
很不幸事情发展至此
I realize you can't vote for me yourself,
我知道你本人不能给我投票
but I was hoping that maybe
但我希望也许
you would say something to the effect to--
你可以帮我说些好话
What, to the press?
什么 对媒体吗
Or even privately, to your colleagues. I can't do that.
或者私下里 对你同事 不行
Senator, the vote should center on my merits,
参议员 投票应该注重于我的优点
not a few moments where you and I took the gloves off.
而不是你我剑拔弩张的个别瞬间
剧集 | 纸牌屋(2013) | 导航列表