剧集 | 纸牌屋(2013) | 导航列表
The General Assembly can't override the veto without a majority.
如果不能取得联♥大♥多数赞成 不能推♥翻♥否决
Do you still have the support of Israel?
以色列仍然支持你们吗
I would not call you if this was not the case.
否则我也不会打给您了
Then as long as Israel agrees, we agree.
那只要以色列支持 我方也赞成
Wonderful. Thank you Ambassador.
太好了 谢谢您 大使先生
I'll let you know when we decide to submit it to a vote.
我们决定提交联♥大♥投票时会通知您的
Ileana, France is in.
伊莉安娜 法国同意了
I need to be certain Israel will stand firm.
我需要确定以色列不会动摇
Israel will never maintain its commitment.
以色列不会坚守承诺的
Israel wants what the rest of the world wants,
以色列和世界上绝大多数国家一样
sustainable security.
都想要长久的安全
Trust me on this,
信我一句
I've dealt with Jerusalem for many years at the UN.
我在联♥合♥国♥和耶路撒冷打了好多年的交道
The moment it gets difficult, they'll turn their back on you.
一旦局势不利 他们马上就会弃你而去
And it will get difficult.
而局势势必会恶化
You're right.
你说得对
I can't predict how they will act down the road,
我无法预测未来他们会有什么举动
but I do know they will vote for this resolution.
但我知道他们会赞成这项决议案的
We'll see.
拭目以待吧
Going around the Security Council is a radical move.
绕过安♥理♥会♥实在是鲁莽之举
It's not radical, it's justified.
不是鲁莽 是有理有据
You dust off some 60-year-old precedent
你从旧纸堆里翻出60多年前的先例
and think you're justified?
还觉得是有理有据
The Uniting for Peace resolution was used to start a war.
第377号♥决议案发动了一场战争
To end North Korea's aggression.
那是为了阻止朝鲜的进攻
Semantics.
文字游戏而已
Ninety-three nations on board already,
已经有93个国家支持这个决议案
including Israel, that's not semantics.
还包括以色列 这可不是文字游戏
Claire, I'm getting a lot of pressure from the Kremlin.
克莱尔 克里姆林宫给了我很大的压力
Petrov doesn't want this to go to the General Assembly.
佩特罗夫不想闹到联♥合♥国♥大会上去
Give me a little more time to work on him.
再给我点时间说服他
We've given you a month. We're moving forward.
已经给你一个月了 我们要行动了
Yes?
什么事
Ms. Dunbar is here.
邓巴女士来了
Send her in.
让她进来
Heather.
希瑟
Mr. President.
总统先生
I listened to the audio of your defense this morning.
我听了你今早辩护的音频
It was outstanding.
表现很出色
You were right about making the emotional argument.
您说得没错 要打感情牌
I think it will help the country heal. Please, have a seat.
我觉得这能让国家伤愈 请坐
I'm also going to meet later tonight with Mr. Mahmoud privately.
我今晚还准备私下见默♥罕♥默♥德♥先生
To personally apologize.
亲自向他道歉
That's a compassionate thing to do.
这么做很有同情心
When I listened to your argument, I also heard something else.
听你辩护时 我还注意到
There was a moment when Justice Jacobs
雅各布斯法官曾质询你
was asking you about drone strikes.
无人机袭击的事
Yeah, I remember.
是 我记得
And he paused... for quite a long time.
他停顿了...非常久
I think... he just lost his train of thought.
我觉得 他只是一时卡壳了
Well...
好吧
What I'm about to tell you has to remain between us.
接下来我说的 一定要保密
Of course.
没问题
Justice Jacobs has Alzheimer's.
雅各布斯法官有老年痴呆
He came to me a few months ago to tell me.
几个月前他告诉了我
Now, it's in the early stages,
现在还是早期
so you wouldn't even notice unless you know what to look for.
除非有意观察 不然发现不了
He wants to remain on the court?
他还想待在法庭上吗
Well, that's what I want to discuss.
我要说的就是这个
He wanted to retire.
他想退休
I asked him to hold on just a little while longer,
我叫他再多等会儿
until I could find a suitable replacement and now I have.
让我先找到合适的人选 现在我找到了
And I want that replacement... to be you.
我觉得...你最合适
What do you think?
你意下如何
I'm... humbled, sir.
我...自愧不配 先生
And... honestly surprised that you'd consider me.
您愿考虑我 我着实震惊
Why is that?
为什么
Given our history.
因为以前的纠葛
When I said that was water under the bridge, I meant it.
我说过那些都过去了 就都过去了
You have the finest legal mind in this country,
你有我国最强的法律头脑
a deep understanding of the Constitution,
对宪法理解很透彻
and the Republicans wouldn't dare block your nomination.
共和党不敢阻止你提名
After all, you prosecuted a Democratic president.
毕竟你检举过民♥主♥党的总统
You're too good to be Solicitor General.
当副检察长屈才了
Let's make sure you have a job for life.
你要拿稳这个铁饭碗
I appreciate you saying that, sir.
很感激您这么说 先生
I'm sorry.
抱歉
This is a lot to process.
容我再考虑考虑
It's important we do this before the election.
大选前就要搞定这事
We could end up with a Republican president.
共和党人当了总统就没准了
And I don't want to suggest your name to Jacobs
除非你真想坐这个位置
unless you truly want the position.
不然我不会向雅各布斯提你的名
So... I need to know now.
所以...现在就告诉我
Yes. It would be a great honor.
好 我非常荣幸
Good. Congratulations.
很好 祝贺你
You speak to your family. I'll speak to Jacobs.
你去告诉家人 我去跟雅各布斯说
Thank you, Mr. President.
谢谢 总统先生
Did you see this?
你看到了吗
See what?
看到什么
I just got an alert.
我刚收到警告了
I don't know. I haven't, uh... seen Jim in a while.
不知道 我好一阵没见到吉姆了
That's weird.
真奇怪
I want to offer you my sincerest regret.
我想向你做出最诚挚的抱歉
And I hope that you will accept my apology.
希望你能够接受
I'm sorry, but I can't.
抱歉 我做不到
I know it should have come sooner.
我知道应该早点道歉的
There needs to be more oversight.
监督必须更严格
Well, there is congressional oversight.
有美国国会监督呢
We have a rigorous system to prevent collateral damage.
还有严格的制度来防止附带伤亡
Civilians are listed as "other militants."
平民被列为"其他激进分子"
But the government offers no evidence that's true.
但政♥府♥并未提供确凿证据
It definitely wasn't in my case.
反正就我而言是没有
How rigorous can your process be?
你们的程序哪里严格了
The numbers of non-combatants who are being killed by drone strikes
平民死于无人机袭击的数目
is lower than it's ever been.
比以往少多了
Those numbers are false.
这些数字是假的
One civilian killed in 2010? That has to be wrong.
2010年只死了一个平民 肯定不对
Look, I don't think the Pentagon is being honest about--
听着 我不认为五角大楼对此说了实话
Are you okay?
你没事吧
I'll get the doctor up here.
我去叫医生
Don't do that. It'll pass.
不必了 过一会儿就好
Phantom pain.
幻痛而已
You know what I dreamed of when I came here?
你知道我来时想做什么吗
Choking you with my bare hands.
徒手掐死你
Mr. Mahmoud, you may hate me.
默♥罕♥默♥德♥先生 你可以恨我
You may hate the office I hold.
恨我的职位
But here's the reality:
但现实是
I must make decisions every day that I hope are just.
每天我必须做出我但愿是正确的决定
I don't know right from wrong all the time.
我也不能一直明辨是非
I wish I did.
我倒希望我能
But what I can't be is indecisive.
但我决不能优柔寡断
It says in the Qur'an: "The taking of one innocent life
《古♥兰♥经♥》中说 "夺一无辜之人性命
is like the taking of all mankind."
如了结全人类之性命"
It also says that "The saving of one life
不过它也说 "救人一命
is like the saving of all mankind."
如保全人类之命"
You didn't ask me here to apologize.
你把我叫来 不是想跟我道歉
You asked me here to forgive you.
而是想让我原谅你
I didn't order the strike that--
那袭击不是我下的命令
I won't forgive you, Mr. President.
我不会原谅你 总统先生
I don't want to make it any easier for you to sleep at night.
我不想让你夜里能安心入睡
剧集 | 纸牌屋(2013) | 导航列表