剧集 | 纸牌屋(2013) | 导航列表
And where are you from, Mr. Brown?
你是哪里人 布朗先生
Sheldon, sir. I'm a retired police officer.
谢尔登 先生 我是退休警员
Well, then I can only imagine that Sheldon must be
那谢尔登一定是全州
one of the safest places in this state.
最安全的地方了
We do our best.
我们尽力而为吧
But my son, he's a marine, stationed at Camp Dwyer.
但我儿子 他是海军陆战队 派驻在德怀尔营
He keeps our country safer than I do.
他比我更能保护我们国家
Me and my wife were wondering,
我和我妻子想问
if he got sent over to the Jordan Valley,
如果他被派去约旦河谷
will that really keep us safer?
这真能保护我们的安全吗
Because it sure seems like the whole peacekeeping mission
因为看起来 整个维和行动
is only making things more dangerous.
只让局势更加危险了
Thank you for that. May I?
谢谢提问 可以给我吗
Well, first of all, let me say
首先 容我说
how grateful I am for your son's service.
我十分感激你儿子的奉献
I know we all feel exactly the same way.
我知道大家都很感激
And now, uh, let me try to answer your question.
现在 我回答你的问题
Have we run into some difficulties with the Russians?
俄方是否与我们产生了矛盾
Yes, we have.
是的
Is there tension between the Israelis and the Palestinians?
以色列和巴勒斯坦之间是否关系紧张
Absolutely.
没错
But, that is the very reason that this mission is so important.
但这正是此次行动如此重要的原因
We have gathered together a coalition of seven nations
我们集结了一支七国联合军队
to bring stability to a region
稳定一个数十载
that has suffered from unrest for decades.
动荡不安的地区
It will take time.
这自然需要时间
And there may be lives that will be lost.
可能会有人牺牲
But this is not just important for the Middle East's security,
但这不仅仅事关中东安定
it's important for the security
也关系到美国
of the United States and the rest of the world.
和整个世界的安全
And I hope that I've answered your question.
希望你的问题得到了解答
Now, who was next?
下面谁来
Uh, let's see here.
我看看
Well, how about this young woman right here?
这位年轻的小姐吧
Now, I'll give you my microphone,
我把麦克风给你
but only if you promise to give it back.
但你得答应会还给我
He seemed to want to hang onto it for a while.
他似乎不怎么想给我呢
There you are. Um, my name is Annie Wietz,
给 我叫安妮·怀茨
and I'm also worried about what the officer was just saying.
我也担心那位警官所说的事
I want a safe world for my grandkids--
我希望我孙辈能生活在安全的世界里
Give me back the mic - and I'll answer your question.
把麦克风给我 我回答你
No, sir. I haven't asked my question yet.
我还没提问呢
Apologies. I'm ahead of myself. Go ahead.
抱歉 我着急了 请
The covert operation, the one that caused the Israelis to invade.
那项秘密行动 导致以色列入境的
Was that us? Because that really seemed
是我们吗 因为看起来
to make a mess of everything.
那事把情况搞得一团糟
May I? Please.
可以给我吗 请
Thank you. Now, Annie?
谢谢 安妮
Is that your name, yeah? Yes, sir.
是安妮吧 是 先生
Now, I have said this on this matter before,
这事我已经说过了
and I know it may be frustrating, but it is the truth.
我知道大家或许有不满 但事实如此
When it comes to covert operations by any nation,
对任何国家的秘密行动
or matters of intelligence, for security purposes,
或情报问题 出于安全考虑
including the security of our own soldiers,
也包括我们本国战士的安全
I simply cannot comment on these issues.
我实在不能发表评论
But, sir, I'm sorry,
但是 先生 抱歉
but what is the point of having us ask questions
如果你不肯回答
if you won't answer them? Well, she's got me there. Uh...
我们还何必提问 被她说着了
I can answer any question but that one.
除了这个问题我都能回答
In fact, I hope that we can ask some questions about
事实上 希望大家能问问
how we're gonna focus on things right here at home.
我们要如何解决国内的一些问题
How about someone up there in the cheap seats?
楼上二等座的人来问吧
Anyone have a question there?
有人想问吗
The situation in Jordan Valley,
约旦河谷的局势
it threatens to bleed across the border.
可能会引起境外流♥血♥冲♥突♥
We already have refugees requesting to enter Jordan.
已经有难民请求进入约旦了
Forgive me, Prince Ryad.
抱歉 里亚德王子
You may be dealing with a few hundred refugees,
你们虽然要应付几百个难民
but we are facing mortar attacks.
但我们可是要面对迫击炮袭击
Fourteen in the last two weeks.
这两周就发生了14起
None of your people have died yet.
你们还没死人呢
The last one came within 50 meters of a school.
最后的一次 离一所学校只有50米
Your troops have killed over a dozen Palestinians in house raids.
你们的军队袭击民宅 杀死了十数名巴勒斯坦人
You expect us not to fight back?
你还指望我们不还击吗
We need the violence to stop.
暴♥力♥冲突必须停止
If it continues, the peacekeeping mission will fall apart.
如果继续下去 维和任务会分崩离析
And it's our best hope for long-term stability.
而维和任务是长久稳定的最佳机会
Can you speak to Hamas and Hezbollah?
你能跟哈马斯和真♥主♥党沟通吗
Get them to agree to a cease-fire?
让他们同意停火
Israel has twice as many troops in the region
以色列自维和任务开始后
as before the peacekeeping mission began.
在当地的驻军翻了一番
No, it is we who are defending ourselves.
不 我们才是在自卫
You agreed to remove two thousand troops.
你答应撤离两千士兵了
If there's a cessation of mortar attacks,
如果迫击炮袭击停止
and if the Russians leave.
如果俄军离开
A one-third troop reduction.
派军削减三分之一
That should be enough to convince your people, no?
这足以说服你们的人了吧
Once the troops leave, I engage them, but not before.
等以军离开 我再去找他们 之前不行
Show some goodwill. You'll still have 4,000 troops there.
显示点诚意吧 就算到时你还有四千士兵呢
Because we cannot accomplish anything
因为这样下去将毫无进展
unless we have proof of de-escalation on both sides.
除非能证明双方都愿缓和局势
What about Russia?
那俄♥国♥呢
That's a separate issue. We will tackle that another time.
这是另外的问题了 我们改日再解决
Can you convey to Jerusalem
你能向耶路撒冷转达
the importance of this troop reduction?
此次部分撤军的重要性吗
Yes, but no promises.
可以 但结果无法保证
All right. Thank you, everyone.
好吧 谢谢各位
We'll meet again tomorrow morning.
我们明早再会面
Thank you, madam.
谢谢 夫人
Eliana.
伊莉安娜
We need to discuss the no-fly zone.
我们得讨论禁飞区的问题
It's only for the Russians, not the peacekeepers.
那是给俄♥国♥人定的 不是维和军
They can't stay if they have nothing to eat.
他们如果断了粮 就待不下去
What are you going to do, shoot down a supply plane?
你打算怎么做 把供给货机打下来吗
We hope they won't make us face that choice.
希望他们不会逼我们做这个选择
They'll ignore it.
他们会无视的
And you're just going to antagonize Moscow.
你这样只会激怒莫斯科
I'm sorry, but the no-fly zone is above my pay grade.
抱歉 但禁飞区的事是上方定下的
Perhaps your husband can talk to the prime minister.
或许你丈夫可以去跟总理谈谈
When are we looking at?
什么时候开始
Could be tomorrow, could be a week.
或许是明天 或许一周后
I'm not a part of those conversations anymore.
那些事已经轮不到我插嘴了
We could vet the questions.
我们可以审查问题
That doesn't work in Iowa. It'll piss people off.
那在爱荷华州行不通 只会激起民愤
Even if we did, it wouldn't make a difference.
即便如此也无济于事
The country is preoccupied with the Jordan Valley.
整个国家的心思都在约旦河谷上
We're off message.
话题完全跑偏了
In the meantime,
现在
we can put the town halls on hold. Just do the stump.
我们可以暂停市政厅集♥会♥ 只做巡回宣传
I think we should also postpone the debate.
我觉得辩论也最好延迟
Dunbar'll hit you hard for that. Say you're dodging.
邓巴会为此狠狠攻击你 说你在回避
Have Jackie request the postponement.
那让杰姬提出推迟
What's her reason? I don't care.
什么理由 我不管
Just as long as it isn't coming from us.
只要不是我们提出来就行
Talk to her. Thank you, gentlemen.
跟她谈谈 谢谢了 各位
What's next?
接下来什么事
Uh, you're slated for fundraising calls until 4:15,
为竞选筹款打电♥话♥ 直到4点15
then a DOD briefing.
然后是国防部的简报
Also, your friend from The Sentinel called, Tim Corbet.
另外 你桑蒂诺的朋友 蒂姆·科贝特打来了
Thank you.
谢谢
剧集 | 纸牌屋(2013) | 导航列表