剧集 | 纸牌屋(2013) | 导航列表
What did he say? I'm not sure if he's read it.
他说什么 我不确定他看过没
You should probably get some sleep, huh?
你是不是该睡觉了
Big day for the press team tomorrow.
明天可是新闻团队的大日子
You can report back. Alive and well.
你可以回禀说我活得好好的
Is it okay if I stop by now and then?
我时不时来看你一眼可以吗
Do I have a choice?
我有的选吗
I don't, but I can't force you to open the door.
我没有 但是我又不能逼你开门
Whatever you want.
随便你了
Thanks.
多谢
I'll see you soon.
再见
Ms. Dunbar.
邓巴女士
Mr. President.
总统先生
I had a lot on my mind when we last spoke.
上次我们谈话时我心事重重
The speech last night, it was Yes, it was a big decision
昨晚的演讲 是一个重大决定
and I apologize if I was distracted.
如果我之前显得心不在焉 我很抱歉
Not at all, sir. So, the drone strike case.
没事的 来谈谈无人机袭击案
You've been pursuing the State secrets defense.
你一直在走国♥家♥机♥密♥的抗辩策略
Yes, sir.
是的 先生
Heather May I call you Heather? Please.
希瑟 我能这样称呼你吗 请便
The American people are sick of secrets.
美国人♥民♥反感秘密
That's the point I was trying to make last night.
这就是我昨晚竭力想说明的
I promised the truth, and now we're going to deliver.
我承诺给大家真♥相♥ 现在就要履行诺言
What truth is that, sir?
是什么真♥相♥ 先生
A man had his legs blown off. An American citizen.
一名美国公民被炸断了腿
We're going to own up to that.
我们要承认
We're going to admit that the CIA conducted the drone strike
承认是中情局实施了那次无人机袭击
and explain the reasons why. That information is classified.
并且解释原因 这些信息是机密
Not anymore.
不再是了
You have my permission to make the classified brief public.
我准许你 公开机密
Sir, that is not a sound legal approach.
先生 这么做在法律上不合理
But it's what the country needs.
但这正是这个国家所需要的
We're not appealing to the country.
我们不是在向国家抗辩
We're appealing to nine justices. Wrong.
而是九个大♥法♥官 错
We're appealing to both by taking responsibility.
我们要承担责任 一石二鸟地博得好感
Yes, a man was maimed, his family members were killed.
是 有人被炸残 他家人被杀
But hundreds, perhaps thousands of lives were saved as a result.
但因此 成百上千的生命得以获救
I understand the emotional logic,
我明白这种情感逻辑
but we can't You sat right there and told me
但我们不能... 你坐在那儿对我说
even Supreme Court justices have hearts. Yes, but
就连最高法♥院♥法官也会心软 对 但
Far be it from me to tell you how to do your job.
我不能告诉你怎么做好你的工作
I've never practiced law a day in my life.
我这一生中 从未做过律师
But I have written them.
但我书写法律
And occupying this office, I know what the country needs.
我占着这间办公室 我知道国家需要什么
It needs closure.
它需要了结
Let me work on a new argument.
我去写新的抗辩了
Thank you, Heather. Thank you, Mr. President.
谢谢 希瑟 谢谢 总统先生
Where do you want these, ma'am?
总统夫人 您想把它们放在哪
Anywhere. Just not in here.
只要不是这里 哪都行
Okay.
好
Scott? Yes?
斯科特 怎么了
Here's a couple more.
这儿还有一些
**Let the towns drift slowly by
*让城镇从你身边漂过
**Listen to the steel rails hummin'*
*听铁路车轮哼鸣
**That's a hobo's lullaby*
*这就是流浪者的催眠曲
**Do not think about tomorrow*
*别为明天担忧
**Let tomorrow come and go*
*让明天来 任明天去
**Tonight you've got a nice warm boxcar*
*今晚你睡在温暖的车厢
You want a peanut butter and jelly?
想不想来份花生酱果冻三明治
No, thanks.
不了 谢谢
Is everything all right?
一切都还好吗
I want the UN job, Francis.
我想做联♥合♥国♥大使 弗兰西斯
The Senate goes home in two weeks.
参议院两周后就休会了
I want a recess appointment.
我要你进行休会任命
I prepared for it. I can do this.
我为此做了准备 我能胜任
And after it's all over,
等一切结束后
if I've done the job I know I can do,
如果我成功胜任我知道我能胜任的工作
I'll be positioned for anything I want.
我今后做什么都行了
Claire--
克莱尔
Now, I checked with the White House Counsel.
我和白宫法律顾问确认过了
There is precedent for a recess appointment
在提名被否决后
after a rejected nomination.
有休会任命的先例
Only once, but you wouldn't be the first.
只有一次 但你肯定不是首例
And I know you'll take a hit politically.
我知道你在政♥治♥上会遭非议
And I know people will think I don't deserve it.
我也清楚人们会认为我不配
They'll have doubts in me.
他们对我会心存顾虑
But what if... this is as far as we get?
可如果我们只能走到这一步了呢
What if it's all over in 18 months?
如果18个月后一切都将结束
I don't want to wait, or settle for something else,
我不想等 也不想屈就
when I've put all this work into Okay.
尤其是我已经投入了这么多... 好吧
I'll do it.
我会做的
You sure you don't want half? I'm not hungry.
你确定不来半块 我不饿
I'll be in my study.
如果你找我 我在书房♥
剧集 | 纸牌屋(2013) | 导航列表