剧集 | 纸牌屋(2013) | 导航列表
I sympathize with you, Ayla.
我很同情你 艾拉
I wish I could give you what you want.
我也希望能让你如愿
The president needs us.
总统要我们过去
So we'll talk later.
我们迟点再聊
Michael Corrigan, the activist who organized the protest
迈克尔·科里根 上周国宴时
at the state dinner last month,
组织抗♥议♥的激进分子
arrested by Russian police three hours ago in Moscow.
三小时前在莫斯科被俄♥国♥警方逮捕
The video is going viral.
视频已经疯传
He's a high profile gay rights activist, nationally and abroad.
他是国内外知名的同性恋权利活动家
And he's been very vocal in Russia over the last six weeks.
过去六周以来他一直在俄♥罗♥斯♥高调活动
Here's the bureau file on him, sir.
这是联调局关于他的档案 先生
Have we been in touch with the Kremlin?
我们跟克里姆林宫接触了吗
Secretary Durant is in Tangier right now.
杜兰特国务卿现在正在丹吉尔[摩洛哥城市]
I briefed her by phone and she reached out to Bugayev.
我打电♥话♥知会了她 她也联♥系♥了布加耶夫
But they have not connected yet.
但他们还没有联♥系♥上
Ambassador Grimes is making calls in Moscow,
格莱姆斯大使也在莫斯科上下疏通
but nobody's engaging,
但目前没有进展
other than to say they plan on fully prosecuting him.
只知道他们打算提出严重的指控
Ambassador, do you think this could be in retaliation
大使 你认为这会不会是对你在联♥合♥国♥
for what you're doing at the UN?
活动的报复行为
It could be.
有这个可能
The Russians are very upset about this resolution.
俄♥罗♥斯♥人对这个决议案非常不满
I'll see what I can find out from Moryakov.
我去莫里科夫那里探探口风
Let's hold off on the press conference until tomorrow.
把新闻发布会推迟到明天
I'd like to deliver some good news instead of no news.
我希望能汇报些好消息 而不是两手空空
In the meantime,
同时
put out a statement that we're in communication with Moscow.
发一个声明 说我们正在接触莫斯科方面
And that we're doing everything we can
我们正竭尽所能
to get Mr. Corrigan back to the United States. Thank you all.
把科里根先生营救回美国 谢谢各位
Personally, I hate the law.
我个人也讨厌这套法律
It's medieval homophobic nonsense.
古板又恐同的玩意
But it's the law.
但法律就是法律
I don't think it's coincidence
我们刚刚谈过
that Corrigan was arrested after our conversation.
科里根就被逮捕了 我不觉得是巧合
Well, I wouldn't think it was a coincidence either.
我也不觉得是巧合
So what do you hope to achieve?
那你有什么期望
The same thing as you do: Mr. Corrigan's release.
我的期望和你一样 让科里根先生获释
If I withdraw the resolution.
前提是我撤回决议案
I think Moscow would certainly see it as a sign of goodwill.
我认为莫斯科肯定会将此举视为善意的表示
Well, we don't barter goodwill
我们可不会为了表示善意
for the freedom of American citizens.
就拿美国公民的自♥由♥做交易
I actually advocated for his immediate deportation.
我提议过将他立即驱逐出境
I agree that tossing him in jail is counterproductive,
我也认为把他扔进大牢只能适得其反
but my superiors are adamant.
但高层心意已决
Save Petrov from himself.
帮佩特罗夫看清局势吧
It's not my place to question him.
我可没资格质疑他
Unlike you, I'm not married to my boss.
和你不同 我毕竟没嫁给总统
I'll relay the Kremlin's position to the president.
我会把克里姆林宫的立场转达给总统
If we give in, the Jordan Valley plan is over
如果我们让步 约旦河谷计划就搁浅了
and we show the Russians we can be blackmailed.
还让俄♥罗♥斯♥人觉得他们可以漫天要价
So we're just supposed to let Corrigan rot away?
难道我们眼睁睁让科里根坐穿牢底吗
I think if we continue to drive hard at the UN,
我想如果我们在联♥合♥国♥保持强硬立场
we'll gain leverage.
我们就会有更多筹码
What does Cathy think?
凯茜怎么想
She agrees.
她也同意
I'm gonna take flak every day that Corrigan remains in jail.
只要科里根一天没放出来 我就得挨一天骂
And you'll take more if you back down.
如果你退步的话就会被骂死
But it does mean I have to get in front of the press
但这样一来我就得在新闻发布会上
with absolutely nothing of substance to say.
两手空空地面对媒体
You spent 20 years in Congress. You're good at that.
你在国会混了20年 没话找话你最拿手
It's good to hear you laugh.
听到你笑真好
Get some sleep. I'll call you tomorrow.
睡一会儿吧 我明天再打给你
Good night.
晚安
Who specifically is communicating between Washington and Moscow?
具体是谁负责华盛顿和莫斯科之间的沟通
All of our communication is between the State Department
两国之间的联络是由国♥务♥院♥
and the Russian Foreign Ministry. Ayla.
和俄♥罗♥斯♥外♥交♥部♥负责的 艾拉
In your statement, you persisted in calling this a free speech issue,
您在声明中一直称这是侵犯言论自♥由♥
but isn't gay rights really at the center of this?
但同性恋权利难道不也是主题吗
Well, Mr. Corrigan was arrested for speaking his mind.
科里根先生是因为自♥由♥发表意见被捕的
No matter what his opinions...
无论他是持什么立场
Aren't you skirting that, Mr. President,
您是不是在回避问题 总统先生
because your stance on gay rights is unclear?
因为您在同性恋权利问题上立场含混不清
What is clear is that Mr. Corrigan's detainment is unjust
现在清楚无疑的是科里根先生的被捕不公正
and, as I said, we're doing everything we can
而如我所言 我们正动用一切手段
to make sure that he can come home. Yes, Zachary.
确保他安全回家 扎克利
Following up.
我还没问完
Isn't dodging gay rights a calculated move
如果您不参选 那么回避同性恋问题
for a man not running for office?
是不是太过算计了
You think I'm dodging?
你说我在回避问题
Well, then let me be as clear as I possibly can be.
那我今天就把话跟你说清楚
Gay people have rights.
同性恋群体是有权利的
And this administration has always believed
而本届政♥府♥始终坚信
that Mr. Corrigan has the right to speak his mind
科里根先生有权就任何问题
without fear of being arrested on any issue,
自♥由♥表达观点 而无需担心被捕
whether it's gay rights or something else.
不管是同性恋权利还是别的什么
And what is also quite clear
另一件清楚无疑的事
is that you must have failed etiquette class.
就是你在礼仪课上肯定没好好听讲
Yes, Zachary.
扎克利
Mr. Prisident Why won't you speak to John Pasternak,
总统先生 您为什么不接见约翰·帕斯特纳克
Michael Corrigan's husband? Ms. Sayyad,
迈克尔·科里根的丈夫 萨伊德女士
there are other members of the press here today,
今天到场的还有其他记者和媒体
Mr. Pasternak has been trying to contact the White House
帕斯特纳克先生一直在试图联♥系♥白宫
and no one will speak with him.
但却没人理他
I do apologize, I have a meeting.
实在抱歉各位 我还有会
I wish I could've gotten to all your questions.
真希望能回答你们所有人的问题
But if you have any further inquiries,
还有任何疑问的话
please direct them to Mr. Grayson. Thank you very much.
请问格雷森先生 非常感谢
I apologize, sir.
抱歉 先生
You went too far.
你太过分了
I did my job.
那是我的工作
There's protocol. There's basic decorum.
这是有规则的 要顾及礼仪
How about this: you lift the moratorium for me on AmWorks,
那这样 你为我解除《美就法》的禁言
I disappear for five weeks. Focus on my long-lead piece.
我消失五周 专心酝酿长文
I don't touch Corrigan or anything else.
科里根和其他事我都不碰
You wanted me to chew you out.
你就指望我来警告你
If that's what it takes to get us talking.
如果能让你开口的话
Which is why I need your credential.
所以我要收回你的白宫记者证
What? Your credential.
什么 你的白宫记者证
You're kidding. Do you see me laughing?
你开玩笑吧 我笑了吗
You don't control my credential.
你无权收回我的白宫记者证
The Correspondents' Association does.
白宫记者协会才有权
And I just spoke to Joel Weinmann.
我刚跟乔尔·维曼聊过
He wouldn't.
他不会的
You succeeded, Ayla.
你成功了 艾拉
I'm lifting the moratorium
我要为所有
for every other member of the press corps.
其他记者解除《美就法》的禁言
The price was your credential.
代价是你的白宫记者证
He has no grounds.
他没有理由
You disrespected the president,
你对总统不敬
the office, and most importantly, your fellow colleagues.
对政♥府♥不敬 更对你的同行们不敬
It wasn't a tough sell.
根本不难说服他
Then this becomes my next story.
那我下一篇报道就写这个
Punishing a member of the press. Collusion. Pay for play.
迫♥害♥记者 上下勾结 尽职却付出代价
And I'll deny.
我会否认
And do you think the head of the association
而且你觉得记者协会主席
is gonna admit anything?
会承认吗
You don't have any friends, Ayla, on either side of the fence.
艾拉 你两边都没有盟友了
The president just made a statement about free speech.
总统刚就言论自♥由♥发表了声明
Now you're gonna start kicking reporters out of the White House?
你就要把记者踢出白宫吗
No. Just you. No, not just me!
不 只踢你 不只是我
剧集 | 纸牌屋(2013) | 导航列表