剧集 | 纸牌屋(2013) | 导航列表
I'm glad you brought up nepotism, Senator.
正好你提到任人唯亲 参议员
Um, if this were an outright appointment,
如果总统是直接任命
that would be one thing,
情况肯定不同
but in this case, the president can only nominate.
但他只能提名我而已
It's the Senate that deems me worthy.
我的能力得由参议院认可
I'm here to convince you that I am.
我正是来博得你们的认可的
Although, I must admit,
不过说实话
my husband never remembers to put the toilet seat down,
我丈夫上完厕所从不放下马桶圈
so he could be trying to make it up to me.
他也可能是想补偿我
My larger concern is your experience. You have very little.
我更担心的是你缺乏经验
Well, a decade ago, I founded a small nonprofit
十年前 我成立了个小慈善组织
and I built it into a major global player.
后来影响力逐渐遍及全球
I shepherded a number of bills through Congress on its behalf.
我代表我的组织在国会通过了数项法案
And over the last year,
而去年一年
I've dedicated myself to sexual assault reform,
我都致力于性侵法案改革
and have made meaningful strides.
已经取得可喜进展
Now, while this may not qualify as statecraft,
虽然算不上治国才能
it does illustrate my effectiveness,
但也表明了我的能力
the same effectiveness I plan on bringing to the United Nations.
我也希望在联♥合♥国♥发挥我的能力
Thank you, Mrs. Underwood. I yield the remainder of my time.
谢谢 安德伍德夫人 我放弃我剩余的时间
Uh, Mrs. Wallace of North Dakota, you have eight minutes.
北达科塔州的华♥莱♥士♥夫人 您有八分钟
Thank you, Mr. Chairman.
谢谢 主席先生
Mrs. Underwood, allow me to get specific.
安德伍德夫人 我细问一下
What is your take on UN Resolution 9214,
您对联♥合♥国♥9214号♥决议
the imposition of sanctions on the Congo for the--
强行赦免刚果境内
The illegal mining and smuggling of mineral resources.
非法采煤以及走私煤矿行为的看法吗
Yes. The United States voted against this resolution.
是的 美国投了反对票
The DRC is already wracked with economic hardship,
刚果共和国经济本就欠发达
compounded by an unstable government.
再加上政♥治♥局势不稳定
It ranks 192 out of 194 in GDP per capita.
煤矿几乎是唯一的人均GDP来源
I think we need to encourage foreign investment
我认为我们应该鼓励外国资本进入
and develop new forms of economic growth
发展新的经济增长模式
rather than make one of the world's poorest countries even poorer.
而不是让刚果一穷到底
From a national security perspective,
从国♥家♥安♥全♥角度考虑
the United States maintains
刚果的繁荣发展
a strong interest in the success of the DRC.
仍对美国是有利的
We want a stable nation... They're here.
我们需要刚果稳定... 他们来了
...that can help us in combating the spread
...才能助我国对抗
of Islamic radicalism throughout the continent.
极端伊♥斯♥兰♥分子在非洲的扩散 肆虐
And in order to achieve that, we need to work as its ally,
要做到这点 我们得做他们的盟友
not its disciplinarian.
而不是监督人
Good morning.
早上好
Mr. President.
总统先生
Jackie.
杰姬
Terry.
泰瑞
Shall we?
坐吧
Now you all have the, uh... overview. But what we have here today
大纲你们都有了 今天要谈的是
is the comprehensive breakdown Sir, before we begin
细化过的... 先生 开始之前
Look, Bob, I know you have some serious doubts about this program.
鲍勃 我知道你对法案还有疑虑
But just let me flesh it out first,
先让我把它亮出来
and then I promise we can address any questions that you might have.
然后你有什么疑虑 我们再解决
Uh, Mr. President Ten million jobs.
总统先生 一千万个岗位
Can we all agree that that's a good thing for this country?
大家都同意这对国家是好事吧
Universal employment.
保障全体就业
It's the key for our keeping the White House in 2016.
这是2016年留在白宫的关键
It's the only chance we have of winning back majorities in Congress.
也是唯一赢回国会多数席位的机会
Now, the election's only 18 months away.
离大选只有18个月
We need to do something bold, something decisive.
我们得做点大胆 坚决的事
We need to redefine our party.
给我党改头换面
Actually, that's what we wanted to discuss.
我们想说的就是这个
You're right, we do need to redefine the party.
我党的确得改头换面
We need to do it with a fresh face.
换个新面孔
2016. We don't want you to run.
我们不希望您参加2016大选
You weren't even elected to the office in the first place.
您本就不是民选的总统
The pardons hurt you. Approvals are low.
之前的赦免很致命 支持率非常低
We're not casting blame, sir.
我们不想怪谁 先生
We just believe that this is best for the party.
只是为党的利益考虑
I suspected this was coming, but months from now.
我猜到会有这一天 但不是这么快
I was hoping by then I'd have something to show for my efforts,
我还希望到时候能拿出点成绩
that I could preempt their doubts with progress.
用进展打消他们的顾虑
They're nervous. They're being impulsive.
他们很紧张 这是冲动之举
It's a bit early to be deciding something like this.
现在做这种决定太早了吧
Shouldn't we revisit this when we're closer to the primaries?
等初选临近了再考虑吧
What do you think, Terry?
你说呢 泰瑞
Like you said, sir, we only have 18 months until the general.
您也说了 我们离大选只有18个月了
Less than half of that to Iowa.
离爱荷华州大选不到9个月了
We would want to settle on a candidate soon.
我们想尽快确定候选人
Someone who the whole party can get behind
全党一致支持的人
like the Republicans are getting behind Mendoza.
就像共和党的门多萨
And who would that be?
是谁呢
We haven't had a discussion on that yet.
还没讨论过
We came to you first, out of respect.
我们出于尊重 先来找您
Well, there must be a shortlist. No, not yet.
总有几个人选吧 还没有
It'll be a process to find the right person.
找到合适人选需要时间
And we were hoping that you would be a part of that process.
而我们希望您也能参与其中
Obviously, this is a request, Mr. President.
当然了我们只是请求 总统先生
It's your decision.
拍板的还是您
But if you do run, sir, you won't have our support.
但如果您决定参选 恕我们不能支持
Jackie?
杰姬
I stand by the rest of the leadership.
我支持领导层的决定
Well, this is certainly a lot to think about.
好吧 还有许多事需要考虑
Let's table our discussion on America Works for another time,
我们改天再聊《美国就业法案》的事
but thank you all for being so forthright.
不过感谢各位如此直率
I'll get back to you on this issue a little later on.
我稍后会就此问题给你们答复
Would you like us to stick around for a while?
您介不介意我们先逗留一阵子
We wouldn't want the press to think we came all the way here
我们可不希望媒体觉得我们特地来跑一趟
for a fiveminute meeting. That's a very good idea.
就为了五分钟的小会 好想法
No raised eyebrows.
不能引起非议
I'll have some refreshments sent for you into the Map Room.
我会叫人送茶点到地图室的
Wonderful.
很好
Thank you, Mr. President.
谢谢您 总统先生
As a vocal proponent for the Sexual Assault Bill last session,
作为上次会议性侵法案的主要支持者
are you concerned about your relationship with the US military?
你是否担忧你和美国♥军♥队的关系
No, I'm not, Senator.
我并不担心 参议员
I worked closely with the Joint Chiefs on that bill.
我和参联会在那项法案上合作密切
What if there were a peacekeeping mission in, say, Burma,
假设现在缅♥甸♥有一项维和行动
to quell civil unrest,
镇♥压♥平民暴♥动♥
and the United Nations asked us to contribute troops,
联♥合♥国♥要求我国出兵
to put our servicemen and women's lives in peril.
让我们的男女士兵冒生命危险
If you're using Myanmar as a hypothetical,
如果您用缅♥甸♥做假设的话
I think we're a long way from that, but as Ambassador--
我觉得这一段时间内还不会发生 不过作为大使
My question concerns the use of US military.
我的问题关注的是美国♥军♥力的使用
The US military is irrelevant. The current situation--
美军是无关紧要的 缅♥甸♥的现状是...
Excuse me, Mrs. Underwood. The US military is irrelevant?
抱歉 安德伍德夫人 美军无关紧要吗
Well, I-- That's not what I said.
我不是这个意思
You said verbatim: "The US military is irrelevant."
这是你的原话 "美军是无关紧要的"
Well, in the, in the context of-- I meant...
我所想表达的意思是...
uh, that there are plenty--
这其中有许多...
I have the utmost respect and appreciation for our troops, sir.
我对美国♥军♥人无比尊敬 先生
Not with statements like that, you don't.
你这话可不像是有多尊敬
Senator, if I may, I can explain.
参议员 请允许我解释
How do we explain to the men and women who serve,
我们该怎么向海外服役的男女士兵
who put their lives on the line,
那些出生入死的人解释
that our ambassador thinks they're irrelevant?
我们驻联♥合♥国♥的大使认为他们无关紧要
I think that's an unfair characterization of what I intended--
我觉得您这样说实在是曲解了我的本意
I am not characterizing anything, Mrs. Underwood,
我可没有曲解什么 安德伍德夫人
you said the words.
话是你自己说的
And now you're trying to backpedal your way out of it.
而现在你又想耍花招赖掉自己的话
You're trying to take my words Don't interrupt me.
您就是在断章取义 不要打断我
If you will stop interrupting me, I can explain--
如果您能不打断我的话 我可以解释的
剧集 | 纸牌屋(2013) | 导航列表